Fight to the Death!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
Which of these famous action stars would survive if they were all pitted against each other in a fight to the death?

alcoholicpoet
Bruce Lee

TheFilmProphet
Bruce, and by the way its Lee not Li.

alcoholicpoet
Originally posted by TheFilmProphet

Are you saying that for the sole reason that he was Brandon's dad?

TheFilmProphet
What?

alcoholicpoet
Bruce Lee was Brandon Lee's father. Sorry for the confusion.

Rogue Jedi
i know. i typed jet and bruce back to back, guess i had a brain lapse.stick out tongue

by the way, jet li would beat bruce li, in my opinion.

TheFilmProphet
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
i know. i typed jet and bruce back to back, guess i had a brain lapse.stick out tongue

by the way, jet li would beat bruce li, in my opinion.

Its cool.

Jet doesn't have the same skill, abilities, etc. that Bruce once had while alive.

Originally posted by alcoholicpoet
Bruce Lee was Brandon Lee's father.

Obviously....

alcoholicpoet
Obviously....

So what was the "What?" for?

TheFilmProphet
I thought you were trying to correct me on what his name was.

alcoholicpoet
I thought you were trying to correct me on what his name was.

Oh, okay.

Rogue Jedi
Its cool.

Jet doesn't have the same skill, abilities, etc. that Bruce once had while alive.

Obviously....
wait, didnt bruce fight with jeey kun do? just one style? jet masters a style and moves on to the next. if i am not mistaken, right now he is training in "hung ra", whatever the hell that is. also, jet is older than bruce was, and faster.

alcoholicpoet
wait, didnt bruce fight with jeey kun do? just one style? jet masters a style and moves on to the next. if i am not mistaken, right now he is training in "hung ra", whatever the hell that is. also, jet is older than bruce was, and faster.

Bruce made Jeet Kun Doo. Which is a combination of Tae Kwon Do, Kung Fu, and something else I can't be bothered to remember.

TheFilmProphet

Some info for you:

It's style is no style. The goal of JKD is not to master certain techniques, but to let your body express the techniques in its own way. Everyone has his own style, and JKD is a form of bringing it out. Classical techniques did not take into account the reality of street fighting. Jeet Kune Do did. It was pragmatic, reality-based, empirical- not a bunch of stances, postures and mumbo jumbo handed down from antiquity. Bruce utilized all ways but was bound by none. "Efficiency is anything that scores."

CommandoDelta38
ME! Cause nobody messes with a Delta and lives

Rogue Jedi
Some info for you:

It's style is no style. The goal of JKD is not to master certain techniques, but to let your body express the techniques in its own way. Everyone has his own style, and JKD is a form of bringing it out. Classical techniques did not take into account the reality of street fighting. Jeet Kune Do did. It was pragmatic, reality-based, empirical- not a bunch of stances, postures and mumbo jumbo handed down from antiquity. Bruce utilized all ways but was bound by none. "Efficiency is anything that scores."
i dont claim to be a martial arts authority, but i have an indonesian friend who has taken tae kwan do and kung fu for the past 25 years. i asked him once who was better, bruce or jet. he said that bruce was stronger, but that jet was faster. also, he told me the same thing you just posted about JKD, and said that it is a style that is very effective, but also has been blown out of proportion over the years since bruce's death. he showed me a tape of him sparring with an older man who practiced jeet kun do. my friend wiped the floor with him. he also told me that style is not important. skill is what mattered most. lets say you have 2 fighters. one is a boxer, one practices kung fu. if, on a scale of 1 to 10, the boxer is a 9 and the one who uses kung fu is a 7, the boxer will win, because he is more skilled.
jet li is older than bruce was, and has far more experience. he has trained since 8 years old, and won a national championship 3 years later for the beijing wushu team. he retaind this title for years.

TheFilmProphet
i dont claim to be a martial arts authority, but i have an indonesian friend who has taken tae kwan do and kung fu for the past 25 years. i asked him once who was better, bruce or jet. he said that bruce was stronger, but that jet was faster. also, he told me the same thing you just posted about JKD, and said that it is a style that is very effective, but also has been blown out of proportion over the years since bruce's death. he showed me a tape of him sparring with an older man who practiced jeet kun do. my friend wiped the floor with him. he also told me that style is not important. skill is what mattered most. lets say you have 2 fighters. one is a boxer, one practices kung fu. if, on a scale of 1 to 10, the boxer is a 9 and the one who uses kung fu is a 7, the boxer will win, because he is more skilled.
jet li is older than bruce was, and has far more experience. he has trained since 8 years old, and won a national championship 3 years later for the beijing wushu team. he retaind this title for years.

I'm afraid age doesn't matter in this particular situation. Jet faster than Bruce Lee? Keep in mind that what you might have seen in Bruce's films in most cases was not his actual speed since he was asked to slow down various different times because his movements could not be captured successfully on camera.

Also, having a fight between Bruce and Jet based on two completely unrelated individuals who once sparred with eachother isn't going to help your arguement. You are talking about the man who created JKD, not someone who simply used it...

As for martial arts championships and the sorts:

1953 (Age 13): Hong Kong - After being beaten up by a street gang, Bruce begins to take Kung-Fu lessons, despite local Hong Kong laws, outlawing streetfights. This is the first, and the last time Bruce looses a fight. He begins to train under Sifu Yip Man, a master of the Wing Chun system of Kung-Fu.
1958 (Age 18): Hong Kong - Bruce wins the Crown Colony Cha-Cha Championship.
1958 (Age 18):- Bruce enters the 1958 Boxing Championships and defeats the reigning three year champion, Gary Elms.
1963 - October 25 (Age 23): Seattle - He starts the first Jun Fan Kung-Fu Institute.
At Garfield High School, Bruce demonstrates the "One-Inch Punch". This is the punch he would later make famous at the 64' Long Beach Internationals and which was developed by him and James DeMile in Seattle. Bruce would hold his arm straight out, and with a shrug of his shoulder, knock a man straight across the ground.
1964 - Summer - Oakland (Age 24): Plans are finalized, and Bruce leaves Seattle to start a second Jun Fan Kung-Fu school in Oakland.
1964 - August 2 (Age 24): Long Beach, Ca - Ed Parker, known as the Father of American Karate (Kenpo), invites Bruce to give a demonstration. Bruce shows off his "one-inch punch," and his two-finger push-ups, where he literally does "two" finger push-ups.
1965 (Age 24): Oakland - Several months after he begins teaching, he is challenged by, Wong Jack Man, a leading Kung-Fu practitioner in the Chinatown Community. They agree: Lee defeats Wong Jack Man.

This is followed by Bruce Lee's discovery of JKD along with other applied teachings.

Deathblow
Why is Vin Diesel up there? Every person on that list would tear that fool limb from tattoo.

And seeing as Bruce Lee was just as tough in real life as the characters he played in his movies, I think it's pretty obvious Bruce would eat em all like lucky charms.

Rogue Jedi
age does matter, in my opinion, because the older you are, its obvious you have more experience.
lets just leave it at this.....if they did fight, it would be one hell of a brawl.

muserke
Ray would go Maul-style on their ass.

BENITO
Jackie chan he's broken every bone in his body.

Vin diesel wouldn't do well at all.

and Bruce lee's at a major disadvantage

HE'S DEAD

T.M
Originally posted by Deathblow
Why is Vin Diesel up there? Every person on that list would tear that fool limb from tattoo.

lol thats what i was thinking.

i think Bruce aswell btw.

BakaXero
I'd say bruce if he was still alive.
chuck was bruce's student.
he was Jackie's influence in while jackie wasnt a well known actor
altough jackie could probably take a few on. i dont think he'll win
Jet Li has train in the martial arts since a young age and so his pretty good
Jean Claude and Seagal are also pretty good.
chow is ok but i dont think he'll win
robin shou also seems good but he still not good enough to win
i havent seen Ray in action...
Vin Diesal all muscle not really skilled.
and your missing a few good ones
like Donnie Yen he may not be so big in Hollywood but his good

T.M
i said Bruce cause with all these guys fighting its gonna be quite crowded and Bruce has got the 1 inch punch yes

Neo_Version 7
Bruce, only because he's so bad-ass.

THe thing with water and all that shit, THAT was tight.

DarkC
Definitely Robin Shou. He's like, our modern day Bruce Lee.

Neo_Version 7
No school like old school, my very young apprentice.

DarkC
He's 90's, does that count as old school?

Neo_Version 7
I was referring to Bruce.

DarkC
Yeah I know.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by T.M
i said Bruce cause with all these guys fighting its gonna be quite crowded and Bruce has got the 1 inch punch yes
the close quarters would work out best for segal. his skills as an aikido master would be deadly here.

Tired Hiker
I have to go with Bruce Springsteen.

Rogue Jedi
TH!!! remember that movies from the 80's called "they call me bruce"?

Tired Hiker
With this hand, I will punch you in the face, with this hand, I will somethign something, . .. . .. look at my face, I'm an Oriental!!! Yeah, who was that guy???

Rogue Jedi
laughing out loud laughing out loud OH MY GOD THAT MOVIE WAS SO DAMN STOOPID!!!!! laughing out loud laughing out loud

Tired Hiker
laughing out loud laughing out loud OH MY GOD THAT MOVIE WAS SO DAMN STOOPID!!!!! laughing out loud laughing out loud

Oh, totally, but who was the actor? confused

Rogue Jedi
dunno. BTW, it goes like this....with this hand, i'll punch you in the face. with this hand i'll rip out your eyes. look at me, i'm an oriental. laughing out loud

Tired Hiker
Yeah, but doesn't he say stuff about what his feet do as well? blink With this foot, I will break your back, or something like that?

Rogue Jedi
yeah, i forget. wasnt there a sequel? they still call me bruce?

BATISTA
bruce lee would whipe the floor with any of them son b*tches

Rogue Jedi
not in my opinion.

BATISTA
rouge bruce lee hits hard. the other night on a@e they said when he throws a kick in its like the impact when u get into a car accident

Rogue Jedi
he hit hard, but thats a bit of an exaggeration.

BENITO
Originally posted by Neo_Version 7
I was referring to Bruce. ah I see.

ten flips Grasshopper!!!!

Rogue Jedi
grasshopper? what about a cricket?

alcoholicpoet
Originally posted by BakaXero
i havent seen Ray in action...

He was Darth Maul.

Rogue Jedi
ray park is an above average martial artist, not a master. his strength is in swordplay.

Darth Nauj
Bruce Lee

Rogue Jedi
jet li!!!!bangin

Neo_Version 7
Bruce Lee.

T.M
the close quarters would work out best for segal. his skills as an aikido master would be deadly here.

good point yes

Rogue Jedi
in the end, it would be jet vs. bruce.

Neo_Version 7
where bruce would leave jet limbless. (okay, not really, but you get the idea)

Rogue Jedi
it would be a helluva fight. i still think jet would win.

Neo_Version 7
whatever floats your boat, really.

I think their both quite excellent in martial arts styles (or lack of it)

But I think Jet Li is pretty much past his prime.

Rogue Jedi
i am talking about the two of them in their prime.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.