Elite Yautja Hunting Pack against Earth's Heroes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
The elite hunting pack consists of the 2 highest ranked, most elite Ancient/Elders among all of the Yautja clans. They are the greatest Yautja that have ever lived, they have survived more than a thousand hunts.

The elite hunting pack manages to teleport some of DC/Marvel denizens into a dense jungle on a desolate planet. They have decided to place some into teams to make the hunt more challenging and honorable.

These are their targets:

1. Batman, Nightwing, Robin and Batgirl (the current one)
2. Black Panther, Azrael, and Batman Beyond
3. Sabretooth, Wolverine, and Punisher
4. Captain America and Captain Britain
5. Spiderman and Venom
6. Rhino, Lizard, the Scorpion, Shocker and Kraven
7. Steel and Cyborg (Teen Titans)
8. Savage Hulk

Which teams can the elite Yautja Hunting pack claim as trophies?

newjak86
They could make it up to number 5 with no problems me think. After that though I am not certain and I will take a little while to see how this plays out and wait for what other people say what they think will happen.

newjak86
Alright i thought about and this is what i have come with. These are the best elders meaning they are close to a thousand years old at least meaning they have alot of battle experience. They also would have the best weapons and technology with them so this is how I see this played out.
1) Batman and is group are skilled but not in these guy's league. The Elders will simply cloak and shoot them before they ever knew what happened.

2) Same with 1

3) Punisher will die before he ever knew what hit him. Sabertooth's head would be decapitated before he knew what happened. Then the two Elders would would hold wolverine down and skin him alive until there is nothing left but his bones.

4)Capt A and capt B are good fighters but once again they wouldn't know what hit them. Two Smart disk from behind would beat these guys no problem.

5)I thought about this one a lot. The Elders wouldn't be able to get the drop on these guys like the others because of Spider sense but Spiderman and Venom would still be unable to see them meaning this would go on for awhile. Now I believe that since these Predators are Elders they are smart enough to come up with a way to kill them. One scenario i thought of that would work is the Bomb method. The Elders would plant a bomb in the direction Spiderman and Venom are heading. They're senses would be going off but they would think that they are about to be shot at rather than about to be blown up. They would continue forward watching and waiting for a spear or gun shot then BOOM even once they realize that the Predators planted a bomb it would be to late for them to run.

6) I think six is easier than five because these guys aren't durable enough to take on a Predator's weapon and they don't have the senses to see what is about to happen to them.

7) Now Steel and Cyborg's scanner's could possibly pick up the Predator's movements but they would still be unable to see them. Cyborg would go down easy because the Predator's weapons would turn him into scrap metal. That leaves a two on one against steel. His armor could hold up possibly but for how long.

8) Predator weapons are made from nearly indestructible metal that could be as tough as adamantium. Plus Pred weapons are self propelled to an extent. A pred through the weapon but then a boost themselves kinda. so if wolvie's claws can pentrate Hulk's skin with the right amount of force then two Smart Disks would have more than enough to do it. They would behead him like sabertooth and i don't know if Hulk can heal from that.

Nataku8188
The two BEST hunters, huh?

1. Batman, Nightwing, Robin and Batgirl (the current one)
Batman had problems with a regular predator. A one eyed predator lasted 100 years alone on a planet of hostile aliens with only his spear. Dachande fought aliens with just his claw. An unblooded (And apparently VERY skilled unblooded) did damn well in AvP. If we're talking the two BEST predators, we're talking more fighting experience and skill than this whole team combined.

2. Black Panther, Azrael, and Batman Beyond -
Panther and Azrael are indeed quite badass. I don't see how they are below groups 3 and 4, unless you were just putting them here for some crazy reason that has nothing to do with danger. Panther's supreme tactics, Azrael's amazing combat skill, and BB's tech are all nothing. As far as I'm concerned, Panther and Azrael could hang with the average predator no problem, and probably with upper middle class or lower upper class preds, but the best 2? No. Not happening.

3. Sabretooth, Wolverine, and Punisher -

Sabes and Wolverine are trumped in skill and firepower. Punisher is nothing, hell, his training is nothing to Dutch (Arnold) who was the best of the best elite special forces. Sabes and Wolvie will just die slower than most.

4. Captain America and Captain Britain -
I don't see anything here that the preds should be scared of.

5. Spiderman and Venom -
Spidey's rec vs Wolverine is piss poor, even though I think it's bull, that's just how it is. Spidey ain't gonna hang with these preds, and I don't see what Venom has on them either.

6. Rhino, Lizard, the Scorpion, Shocker and Kraven
Rhino is definitly a tough nut, but he's slow and dumb. Lizard isn't anything the Preds havent faced, same with Scorpion and Kraven. Hell, four of these guys are modeled after animals, something Predators live to killed. Kraven is a poor man's BP.

7. Steel and Cyborg (Teen Titans)
If the preds at any time feel they might have some trouble, I don't doubt they'll put their spears away (I haven't thought of them using anything but their spears yet) and blast these guys to hell. If this wasn't just TEEN titans Cyborg, or generic Steel, I'd give it a second thought.

8. Savage Hulk
You guys ever read Hulk: The End? I can see this happening a lot like that. It's like two faster, stronger, more skilled Wolverines vs Hulk. I think they have a chance... unless he claps or slams his fist on the ground or something of the like. There's only so much one can do to Hulk before he gets too powerful. If their spears can slice his skin like Wolverine's claws have... they might be able to take him out through sheer tactics. But they won't last a second if he hits them or gets hold of them.

Which teams can the elite Yautja Hunting pack claim as trophies?

masterbruce
Newjack, good analysis, but one point

let's assume they don't camoflouge, at least not in the beginning

the Yautja hunt with honor...they like challenging prey, its not their style just to cloak and snipe, takes the challange and fun out of the fight and is not very honorable, thus leaving little pride for the victors

now, I'm not saying they can't use their cloak, just that it won't be always on...they'll let their prey know that they are being hunted

newjak86
Yes but these are Elders they are basically beyond Honor now in fact they don't even like to hunt any more because it is basically beneath them they would try to get this over with as soon as possible.

Nataku8188
Originally posted by newjak86
Yes but these are Elders they are basically beyond Honor now in fact they don't even like to hunt any more because it is basically beneath them they would try to get this over with as soon as possible.

No, they wouldn't bother with the camo. They don't need it, at least until Hulk.

newjak86
I think they would need it against Spiderman and Venom.

Nataku8188
Originally posted by newjak86
I think they would need it against Spiderman and Venom.

Wolverine gives them both a hard time. Predators make Wolverine look like a little girl.

masterbruce
Excellent points, Nataku, perhaps I underestimated the power of the Yautja once again

However, let me point one distinction, I understand the elder Predators are fierce huners who have survived over a thousand hunts on hostile planets, yet the creatures they usually hunt (hard meat) are not intelligent but rather instinctual creatures

THe Yautja have always respected humans (soft meat) for their intelligence and tools, so I think you have to factor intelligence as a factor that differentiates the heroes I listed versus the creatures the yautja normally hunt

newjak86
Originally posted by Nataku8188
Wolverine gives them both a hard time. Predators make Wolverine look like a little girl.
Yes but they have strength and senses capable of knowing when a pred is gonna attack so they can dodge. They could give them trouble. Read my break down of their fight.

masterbruce
Elders are not beyond honor by any means, if anything, honor is the most meaningful to them, even more so than to less apt preds. They don't really hunt anymore because they are too good for the prey they usually hunt (aliens), but they would view this group of accomplished heroes a fun and novel challenge

newjak86
Honor is still important but Elders have got so much of it they can do no wrong anymore pretty much. Plus with as long as these Elders would have lived then they would be smart enough to know that they are in danger with some of these peole and would deal with some of them qiuckly like Venom and Spiderman or the Hulk.

masterbruce
Newjack, your plans for the Preds would work, but its not their style to fight like that (ie. set a bomb as a trap)

the elders would relish a chance to physically do battle with Spiderman and a symbiotic alien Venom. They wouldnt risk cheapening their victory, they would prob rather lose than defeat them with trickery (in fact Preds hate trickery, which is why they disdain magic)

newjak86
I know they would but I just gave a way for them to win as easily as posible to show that these guys would be no laughing matter. For that matter if they decided to fight Spiderman and Venom up close their wrist blades and combisticks would kill Team 5 easily as well. Plus their skill would make Venom and Spidey look slow and stupid in their fighting abilities.

masterbruce
The psychology of a Yautja is such that he enjoys danger and the thrills of a dangerous opponent, he would rather have the chance to face a creature that could kill him than to easily hunt weaker prey who would provide no challenge

newjak86
Originally posted by masterbruce
The psychology of a Yautja is such that he enjoys danger and the thrills of a dangerous opponent, he would rather have the chance to face a creature that could kill him than to easily hunt weaker prey who would provide no challenge
Very true but read my previous post as to what i was trying to accomplish

masterbruce
yep I see your point

Nataku8188
Excellent points, Nataku, perhaps I underestimated the power of the Yautja once again

However, let me point one distinction, I understand the elder Predators are fierce huners who have survived over a thousand hunts on hostile planets, yet the creatures they usually hunt (hard meat) are not intelligent but rather instinctual creatures

THe Yautja have always respected humans (soft meat) for their intelligence and tools, so I think you have to factor intelligence as a factor that differentiates the heroes I listed versus the creatures the yautja normally hunt

When predators fight hard meat, it's usually just for practice. More skilled predators go after xenos with just their claws, as a way to show just how badass they are. The most skilled predators have doubtless been on hunts on Earth, and have watched the oomans. If you're suggesting they haven't encountered humanoids before as well, then that too is most likely wrong. We are a major part of their culture, I have no doubt the two most skilled preds would be well prepared for the upcoming fights.

DarkCrawler

After the thousand hunts, they would be seeking for challenge...

whirlysplat
I think Spidey toasts, them his stronger, more agile, faster and the spider sense is the clincherbig grin

Nataku8188
Originally posted by whirlysplat
I think Spidey toasts, them his stronger, more agile, faster and the spider sense is the clincherbig grin

Doesn't seem to help him much vs Wolverine big grin

DarkCrawler
And Elite Predators are like 100 times better then Wolverine...

masterbruce
that's an exaggeration

Nataku8188
that's an exaggeration

Not really.

newjak86
I don't think it's that big of an exaggeration

masterbruce
100 times better than wolverine would be like superman, I dont think even elders are that powerful

newjak86
Elders aren't that powerful but they're that good. They have all the best stuff plus all they're training makes themmad dangerous. I think one could possibly take Hulk down just to let you know.

ChaoticReign
Also Predators can and have deployed traps. Read Predator: Cold War. They rigged a device almost like a land mine that when triggered it impaled its victim with nearly 10 spikes holding them in place for the killshot. If they're still alive that is.

Nataku8188
Originally posted by ChaoticReign
Also Predators can and have deployed traps. Read Predator: Cold War. They rigged a device almost like a land mine that when triggered it impaled its victim with nearly 10 spikes holding them in place for the killshot. If they're still alive that is.

When the hell was that in cold war? I have the book right here...

CorderaMitchell
Ailens are a good comparison to spiderman, but more agressive, and have acid.

The wallcrawling dark madness that is AvP...

Nataku8188
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
Ailens are a good comparison to spiderman, but more agressive, and have acid.

The wallcrawling dark madness that is AvP...

That game is tons of fun as Alien or Predator, but as marine it's just really freaky. You're always lookin' over yer back cause the radar is only 180 degrees, then you turn around, all you can see is what your shoulder lamp is splashing light on... and you hear the alien's screech as they come loping out of the darkness. You squeeze off some pulse rifle rounds and pop it's skull, turn back around to face two more of the bastards. That always scares the hell outta me.

CorderaMitchell
Yea but the predators are too broken, the marine even with the smartgun is ailen food in 10 sec on skirmish mode. 3 hits full health and armor, and you're dead.

But the radar is neat.

Bludhaven Boy
Well, this just kinda sucks. These guys are the best. They have exp. on everybody. They won't do anything til they know they will win, and they can do it at their liesure, nobody knows they are coming. The hunters take it, but blah on whoever made this thread.

Nataku8188
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
Yea but the predators are too broken, the marine even with the smartgun is ailen food in 10 sec on skirmish mode. 3 hits full health and armor, and you're dead.

But the radar is neat.

You must suck somethin' fierce, I can rack in over 2k points with the marine using just the pulse rifle. Headshots kill aliens with 1-3 bullets.

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by Nataku8188
You must suck somethin' fierce, I can rack in over 2k points with the marine using just the pulse rifle. Headshots kill aliens with 1-3 bullets.

Which AVP?

I lasted an hour on skrimish...

who?-kid
that's an exaggeration
You can say that again. They mostly get their asses kicked.

But of course the Elders are a million times better than the average predator wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.