Hercules vs Namor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

joesha28
They are problems with each other at the Avengers, so they plan to settle it.

The Lion of Olympus vs The Avenging Son

The Prince of Power vs The Monarch of the Seven Seas

The Prince of Olympus vs The Ruler of Atlantis

Hercules vs Namor the Sub-Mariner

Venue:Land

Wheather:Heavy rain does not seem to stop

Condition: Both at their peak

Discuss.........

joesha28
hello

joesha28
No one mad mad

Where's Olympian and Dark crawler?

GGgrievous725
Originally posted by joesha28
No one mad mad

Where's Olympian and Dark crawler?

Dead there all dead muahahaha

joesha28
Someone say something please.....please don't do this to me sad

Pointinel
TESTING TESTING...

OK

*LEAVES THREAD*

Cosmic Cube
I'm leaning towards Herc, no... Namor! ... no...

joesha28
What the f**k? What the f**k? What the f**k? What the f**k?

LGodamus
ok I say Herc...only cause I have seen him do more..I am not that up on Namor , to to speak.

joesha28
Ok, but it's raining....Namor is constantly replenishing.... This guy stook toe-to-toe with Hulk 3x and was undefeated. He definately had his say to Hulk's "hulk strongest one there is" title.

Check him out, one of the oldest characters in comic history. The first and one of the greatest Anti-heroes of Marvel comics.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Namor_the_Sub-Mariner

Dizzle
By "both at peak" do you mean Namor would be as strong as he normally is underwater?

joesha28
Not stronger. Same as in Underwater.

olympian
"Dead there all dead muahahaha"

Aham. Dont jump in conclusions wink

In land they will go evenly for some time until Namor starts to weaken wich gives Herc the win.

jrodslam
But its raining olympian. Namor wont be getting weak here.

This a a great battle though. These guys have only faced off 3 times in comics i believe, and i have 2 of them. Happy Dance

Because of the constant rain im gonna have to give Namor the slight edge here.

But you are right olympian. If the rain were to give out, Namor loses after a long fight.

olympian
Ah its raining. Sorry, didnt noticed the first time. Its a stalemate then.

(and for peeple already crying foul " What? What about winning!)

Easy there gents. Namor is at that league of strenght as long hes hydrated. Out of it he grows weaker. Not much but he does.

And because this isent an underwater fight where he would have the edge of movements over Hercules, im go with a tossup.

jrodslam
Even though they are not under water, Namor still has a movement edge over Hercules. Im referring to speed and mobility.

Im not sure if mobility and agility are the same things. I think they are.

Mainstream
Originally posted by jrodslam
Even though they are not under water, Namor still has a movement edge over Hercules. Im referring to speed and mobility.

Im not sure if mobility and agility are the same things. I think they are.

they closely related yo wickedph

leonidas
herc. herc has handled the abomination (recently) very easily. even underwater abom gave namor EVERYTHING he could handle. herc's also had better showings against thor and hulk.

namor's tough, no doubt, but if only one would be left standing, i'll say herc.

yahman
Originally posted by leonidas
herc. herc has handled the abomination (recently) very easily. even underwater abom gave namor EVERYTHING he could handle. herc's also had better showings against thor and hulk.

Dude have you read Herc mini serries ?

jrodslam
Originally posted by leonidas

I heard that current Abomination is a joke.

When Namor and Abom fought under water, Namor had the advantage (slightly), and thats when Abom threw Namor out of the water to even things out.

While in the air, Namor hit Abom and they both went back in the water. Thats when Namor quickly put an end to Abomination and the fight.

I havent seen the Namor Thor fights. Still trying to get the comics.

Scoobless
i'd say Herc has the edge in strength, experience and skill ... Namor may be a little quicker than him but not by much (if any)

gotta go with Herc on this

olympian
"Even though they are not under water, Namor still has a movement edge over Hercules. Im referring to speed and mobility"

Ah yes of flying. However the speed Namor posses isent greater than Hercules. He has managed to hit him with boulders and such while Mariner was flying, to bring him down.

Its underwater that namor has the advantage in mobility due to the fact its his element. Hercules agreed with it so when they fought the last time ( in the issue before the namor/abom fight btw ).

"Dude have you read Herc mini serries ?"

Yeah and ive been enjoying it. Tieri humor its much of what you saw in the myths. Pretty raw. So its the action. Then again its my opinion of it.

"I heard that current Abomination is a joke."

More like he hasent owned top Tier heroes since Hulk for quite some time. I have seen in Alvaros boards pll crying foul because Herc trew a semi shucker shot to beat him. When if theyr memory was correct, Thor beat Abom before with a sucker shot as well.

But he is being portraited slighty below the main guys yeah. You just need to see how his last fight against Hulk went. Doesnt surprise me tho that Herc beat him easiliy like he did.

yahman
Originally posted by olympian
"Even though they are not under water, Namor still has a movement edge over Hercules. Im referring to speed and mobility"

"Dude have you read Herc mini serries ?"

Yeah and ive been enjoying it. Tieri humor its much of what you saw in the myths. Pretty raw. So its the action. Then again its my opinion of it.

I heard he lifted a Heli carrier? Arent those things Huge?????????

And when did Thor fight abomination?

olympian
"I heard he lifted a Heli carrier? Arent those things Huge?????????"

You know about Shields hellycarrier? Theyr flying base? It was that one. I still have to get my copy tho. Spoilers i read said he towed it and/or pulled it down using a chain and with one arm only. Spoilers also said he was hit with all theyr weaponry and he laughed of it.

After i get the issue ill confirm all this. If its true its a good feat yeah. Not huge because he has better tho.

"And when did Thor fight abomination?"

Honestly i dont know. I read it in a thread of another forum about Herc ko Abom with one shot, and some posters ( and reliable ones ) said Thor did the same before wth one sucker shot also.

So basically i didnt even knew he faced Abomination before i read that threat. If someone knows....speak or forever be quiet stick out tongue

yahman
"I heard he lifted a Heli carrier? Arent those things Huge?????????"

You know about Shields hellycarrier? Theyr flying base? It was that one. I still have to get my copy tho. Spoilers i read said he towed it and/or pulled it down using a chain and with one arm only. Spoilers also said he was hit with all theyr weaponry and he laughed of it.

After i get the issue ill confirm all this. If its true its a good feat yeah. Not huge because he has better tho.

"And when did Thor fight abomination?"

Honestly i dont know. I read it in a thread of another forum about Herc ko Abom with one shot, and some posters ( and reliable ones ) said Thor did the same before wth one sucker shot also.

So basically i didnt even knew he faced Abomination before i read that threat. If someone knows....speak or forever be quiet stick out tongue

Go Marvel. Wooo hoooo. big grin

olympian
The coolest thing is that Marvel is making Hercs myth cannon in theyr comics. The last two issues are appearantly about meeting again his wife and kids he murdered while in mad rage, centuries ago.

Another spoiler says it was given the explanation why Herc plays the part of a "boffun" in recent years.

Cant wait to get the issue.

joesha28
They have the same scale of durability right?

DarkCrawler
Oh yeah? He has defeated Hulk twice? Hmm?

olympian
Herc has better showings against Thor. Not Hulk. Namor is actually the brick with the best rep against Hulk.

The only time Namor couldnt do anything was against mindless Hulk due to the heat stealing his strenght.

Not that Herc ever lost against the green goliath. But underwater Namor has always the edge.

Tough Guy
underwater herc, thor , hulk wont win against nzmor. its his place to win so to speak, despite hulk thor having shown far greater feats of power they wont win underwater. interstingly hulk has swam lifting a huge island hilst underwater. but hey i digress. a stalemate, herc i lean to as being slightly stronger, more pwoerful, but its a toughie

olympian
Fully agreed. Underwater its Namor`s element. He makes the rules and hes the one who plays it better. Superior mobility gives him quite an advantage.

Out of water its a stalemate but down there its Namor with an edge.

Tough Guy
out of water ONLY if its raining or else he dries up

olympian
Thats what wer all talking about. The thread made it clear its raining so Namor is always hydrated. That gives the stalemate. If it doesnt rain he will eventually lose.

Tough Guy
what if it snows??????

Tough Guy
also yes namor, thor beat abom too easily. hulk does usually have to be written upping his strength considerably to win.

jrodslam
Thats what wer all talking about. The thread made it clear its raining so Namor is always hydrated. That gives the stalemate. If it doesnt rain he will eventually lose.

Actually as stated while on land Herc and Namor are equals. Thats without rain, snow, etc.

Therefore if its raining, keeping Namor at full strength all the time, i think he wins.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Tough Guy
what if it snows??????

Full strength as well. As soon as the snow hits his body, it melts.

Tough Guy
what about hail, or a slight drizzle

jrodslam
Originally posted by Tough Guy
what about hail, or a slight drizzle

Lol same thing. Although the hail may take longer to melt than snow. Drizzle recharges him as well.

olympian
"also yes namor, thor beat abom too easily. hulk does usually have to be written upping his strength considerably to win"

Abom has lost against Thor, Namor and Herc. And Hulk everytime they met since the first fight.

"Actually as stated while on land Herc and Namor are equals. Thats without rain, snow, etc."

While hes hydrated, if he stays in land alot of time it will happen what happened against Mindless Hulk. His strenght will start to fade. On land as long hes hydrated hes equal yes.

Therefore if its raining, keeping Namor at full strength all the time, i think he wins."

Its a stalemate. Underwater he wins because besides having equal strenght to his opponent, he has the superior mobility and home base element (water control ) to win. Thats how he won against Hulk.

armandovalles
Out of Water i think Hercules wins.

In Water i think Herc wont go down as easily as people think but he still would eventually lose.

radioboy121
Outside of partial/full water environment battles, whenever I think of Namor, I always remember think of that scene where Inbetweener's Order half reaches out at an attacking Namor and chokes him, thus easily neutralizing him. I'm saying Hercules.

K3VIL
Originally posted by radioboy121
Outside of partial/full water environment battles, whenever I think of Namor, I always remember think of that scene where Inbetweener's Order half reaches out at an attacking Namor and chokes him, thus easily neutralizing him. I'm saying Hercules.
Order is half of the In-Betweener.
Chaos is the other half.Chaose alone, teleported all the major cities of the world and high portions of the sea into another dimension HE created without any kind of effort.
Namor speedblited Order, pummeling him with two great blows, but that's all he can do against a cosmic level guy like him, if it wasn't for King Thor arrival, Namor was gonna be dead, but it would have been a warrior death.

olympian
Yeah lets not get carried away. Cosmic beings are another ballpark.

Lets stick to the top tier for now shall we.

yahman
Yeah lets not get carried away. Cosmic beings are another ballpark.

Lets stick to the top tier for now shall we.

This is Kinda got something to do with the thread. I read this great quote about Namor which used Wallruss and a Polar Pear as a Metphor. What is said is that although the Polar bear is far stronger and a far better hunter, If a wallrus decided to fight it in the water, it would have no chance. In H2H this arguement was appied to Hulk (who in the end is slightly stronger than Herc, although Herc kicks ass). In H2H, as long as they are not cosmic, they loose to Namor!!!!!!!!! big grin big grin big grin

olympian
The secret its in the water i tell ya wink

Tough Guy
yup, although technically hulk would still have no limit to his strength in water, and would only have to get angry, he would still be written at best tying underwater. comic logic. nest comic would probably have hulk underwater holding up an entire universe, but againxt namor he owuld be written as at best his equal

Scoobless
Originally posted by K3VIL
Chaos is the other half.Chaose alone, teleported all the major cities of the world and high portions of the sea into another dimension HE created without any kind of effort.
Namor speedblited Order, pummeling him with two great blows, but that's all he can do against a cosmic level guy like him, if it wasn't for King Thor arrival, Namor was gonna be dead, but it would have been a warrior death.

wasn't that just regular Thor?

joesha28
Originally posted by K3VIL

dude what issue what book?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.