How was vadars defeat even possible?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Chucko the Hutt
Ok my question is simple, and if anyone can explain it to me, that would be tubular. How in the hell was it even possible for luke to get so powerful soooo quickly. i mean at the beginging of the Empire Strikes Back, he wasnt even a padawan, we had never ever even used a lightsaber, and obi wan had been long dead, and in seemingly no time
he is able to duel darth vader and use the force, and then in like less then 5 years after that point, he actually defeats darth vader, the sith lord! It took anakin like 15 years to become a jedi knight, and he was more powerful then his son. it took his son like 3 years

HOW IS IT EVEN POSSIBLE!?

Human Vader
1. It does seem very unlikely that Luke could excel so quickly.

2. Vader blows and even an average jeedai is a match for him.

3. I think he found some holocron or something between ESB and ROTJ, I'm not sure because I haven't read much EU from the OT era.

Darth_Janus
Dramatic neccessity.

Tptmanno1
Watch the movie,
Luke never really beats him. Sidious off him while he is being thrown down the hole...
wow that was easy.

Clawed The Bum
you said vadar blows and your name is human vadar... so do you blow? not that i am interested or anything

Darth_Janus
I bet you are.

Well, according to Splinter of the Mind's eye, which was written shortly after ANH, Luke gets the "kaiburr" crystal to enhance his Force abilities and fights Vader with a lightsaber. Funny that Lucas didn't mention either thing in ESB

LordSorgo
Originally posted by Chucko the Hutt
Ok my question is simple, and if anyone can explain it to me, that would be tubular. How in the hell was it even possible for luke to get so powerful soooo quickly. i mean at the beginging of the Empire Strikes Back, he wasnt even a padawan, we had never ever even used a lightsaber, and obi wan had been long dead, and in seemingly no time
he is able to duel darth vader and use the force, and then in like less then 5 years after that point, he actually defeats darth vader, the sith lord! It took anakin like 15 years to become a jedi knight, and he was more powerful then his son. it took his son like 3 years

HOW IS IT EVEN POSSIBLE!?

Right, of course Luke doesn't use a saber before ESB that was his CLONE TRAINING WITH IT ON THE MILLENIUM FALCON! Who knows, maybe Luke IS indeed the chosen one.

Human Vader
Originally posted by Clawed The Bum
you said vadar blows and your name is human vadar... so do you blow? not that i am interested or anything

No I'm saying Cyborg Vader blows, Human Vader was a badass, but he still blew, just not as much. And I mean look at Qui Gon, hes my favorite jeedai ever, but I can admit, he blows. Just cause I like a character doesnt mean I can't admit that they suck if they do, I'm not a fanboy.

Aduruth
all very odd answers, and one was just.....wow, whoever said an average jedi could take vader, wow!!!!!!!!
*Laughs*
the reason vader was defeated by luke was becuase he didnt use his whole strength against him, because he didnt want to kill luke, but instead turn him to the dark side.

What I'm about to say is opinion**
My opinion vader (mechanical vader) would destroy all the prequel trilogy jedi council members, with the exception of yoda, he might be able to take yoda but its like a 50/50 chance. and vader take sidious woukld probably take a 50/50 chance. vader wouldve destroyed luke, if he didnt want to turn luke.

LordSorgo
Originally posted by Aduruth
all very odd answers, and one was just.....wow, whoever said an average jedi could take vader, wow!!!!!!!!
*Laughs*
the reason vader was defeated by luke was becuase he didnt use his whole strength against him, because he didnt want to kill luke, but instead turn him to the dark side.

My opinion vader (mechanical vader) would destroy all the prequel trilogy jedi council members, with the exception of yoda, he might be able to take yoda but its like a 50/50 chance. and vader take sidious woukld probably take a 50/50 chance. vader wouldve destroyed luke, if he didnt want to turn luke.

You give Vader under-deserved credit. The Jedi are not as weak as you think and prequel Yoda would conquer Vader.

Human Vader
*Laughs*

*Looks at your location*
*Laughs*

Mecha Vader dropped from a bad ass way above average jeedai to a lowly about average sith lord. And even if he wasn't trying to kill Luke, he still would have been able to defend himself quite well if he's as great as you say he is.

Aduruth is a Vader fanboy Moron.

LordSorgo
Originally posted by Human Vader
*Looks at your location*
*Laughs*

Mecha Vader dropped from a bad ass way above average jeedai to a lowly about average sith lord. And even if he wasn't trying to kill Luke, he still would have been able to defend himself quite well if he's as great as you say he is.

Now let's not call people names.....

...Ah Hell, he is a Moron.

Human Vader
Yeah, he lives in United States, New Jersey. That says it all right there.

Darth_Janus
Joy-see?

Oh joy...

Great Vengeance
*Looks at your location*
*Laughs*

He was right to laugh at you, vader is the focal point of the movies and your saying hes average? Vader could beat anyone on the council except maybe yoda. Luke beat him because he is just that strong, if you dont think he should be that strong talk to lucas and try to convince him to change movies to better suit you.

InsaneNoodlyGuy
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
I bet you are.

Well, according to Splinter of the Mind's eye, which was written shortly after ANH, Luke gets the "kaiburr" crystal to enhance his Force abilities and fights Vader with a lightsaber. Funny that Lucas didn't mention either thing in ESB

First of, i'm pretty sure that Spinter of the mind's eye is the most non-cannon EU book, but it was also mentioned that the Kaiburr crystals power was proportionate to how close it was the to the temple it resided in. Once it was off planet, it was all but useless.

As to how Luke got so far, he got the abridged cram-school version of Jedi training, and the personal full time attenion of one of it's greatest teachers, who in the old republic had his talents spread alot thinner.. Lotsa fighitng and physical conditioning, little healing, not so much all the fancy little extras. The fact he'd inherited his fathers natural force genius probably helped.

People give mecha vader too little credit. I mean, even if we don't cite Eu examples, it is implied he led much of the jedi purge. He killed a lot of powerful people after he was a machine man. Remember it was made before computers. Vader woudl have owned if they were working on Episode IV in present day. Obi wan would have been a super acrobat too.

At any rate, vader kicked luke's ass in ESB. Luke had to run off and do a lot of training before he could come back. And he had his own little pulse of the dark side to go at the man.

Vader does not blow though. He does wheeze a bit, true.

LordSorgo
Originally posted by Great Vengeance
He was right to laugh at you, vader is the focal point of the movies and your saying hes average? Vader could beat anyone on the council except maybe yoda. Luke beat him because he is just that strong, if you dont think he should be that strong talk to lucas and try to convince him to change movies to better suit you.

FANBOY ALERT!

FANBOY ALERT!

No he couldn't beat everyone on the Council except for Yoda! He is a mess of cybernetics and you over-estimate his power.

xxxpoppunker182
1.tptmanno watch the movie by defeat they mean beat in lightsaber duel which he does he cuts off his hand.

2.mech vader could in no way beat everyone on the council. everyone one would own him flat out. mech vader's just not agile he's slow.

3.luke became aknight so quickly cause at that point there no rules pretty much there wasn't anyone to tell him no you arent.

4.i do believe that the kaiburr crystal enhanced his command of the force and thats why he became powerful that and also he diciplined himself.IMO

PVS
ANSWER: vader cant kill his son.
that point was made quite clear in ESB and luke openly
states that to his father a couple of times in RotJ. thats why
luke was able to defeat him, because vader was never trying to
kill him. only once did vader allow his anger to take control and
that was at bespin, and when that happened, luke was disarmed (in
more ways than one) and thoroughly beaten in a matter of like 8 seconds.

when luke attacked vader, he was consumed by anger. thats the irony
is that in that moment, luke was harnessing the dark side and vader wasnt.
thus, he had the edge and down went vader.

and you fanboys know where you can stick your kaiburr crystals. erm

Human Vader
Luke or Vader could kill everyone on the council save for Yoda? Kill yourself. That's an extent of fanboyism I've never seen before. You should be embarrassed to be alive, really you should.

Now Noodlyguy, I'm not saying that Vader sucks because of how cool his fight scenes looked, I'm saying he suck because- that's right, he does. He didn't kill any powerful people, the only force user he killed was Echuu Shen Jon, a measly average jeedai knight, and he even put up a good battle. Mech Vader led the purge? HE WAS HUMAN VADER DURING THE PURGE. Honestly people watch the movies, and even during the purge the only thing he did was storm the jeedai temple and kill all the younglings and knights in there. Keep in mind there were no masters in there besides Cin, and he had help from a couple hundred Clone Troopers.

Face it noobs, Vader's just not that good.

Darth_Janus
Luke or Vader could kill everyone on the council save for Yoda? Kill yourself. That's an extent of fanboyism I've never seen before. You should be embarrassed to be alive, really you should.

Now Noodlyguy, I'm not saying that Vader sucks because of how cool his fight scenes looked, I'm saying he suck because- that's right, he does. He didn't kill any powerful people, the only force user he killed was Echuu Shen Jon, a measly average jeedai knight, and he even put up a good battle. Mech Vader led the purge? HE WAS HUMAN VADER DURING THE PURGE. Honestly people watch the movies, and even during the purge the only thing he did was storm the jeedai temple and kill all the younglings and knights in there. Keep in mind there were no masters in there besides Cin, and he had help from a couple hundred Clone Troopers.

Face it noobs, Vader's just not that good.

Amen, brutha.

InsaneNoodlyGuy
That was the beginning of the purge. There were a lot of Jedi alive after Obi wan gave him a hot-tub treatment.

I'm citing star wars.com here, the movie summary, not the expanded universe, so if that isn't cannon, your all too damn stringy.

http://www.star wars.com/databank/character/darthvader/index.html

At the time of his transformation, Vader never knew he was due to be the father of twins. Obi-Wan Kenobi hid the children from the Dark Lord and Vader's master, Emperor Palpatine. Vader somehow discovered that he had a son, Luke Skywalker, but never suspected he had a daughter, Leia, who was secretly taken to be raised by Bail Organa, Viceroy and First Chairman of Alderaan.

In the chaos that accompanied Palpatine's rise to power, Vader became one of the Emperor's most loyal servants. The Emperor entrusted him with the elimination of the Jedi Knights. During these dark times, Vader and his agents destroyed the Jedi order.

Note hit lists his being tasked to destroy them AFTER the transformation, and thus after the initial purge. Eu details it, but even without using debatable sources we can assume vader killed a few more Jedi post mecha. Is it shown? No. But neither was a lot of stuff we can still figure out, like Obi wan being a Jedi master and Anakin being the father of Padme's children.

And no, I do belive effects make a difference. I mantain that if Episode IV was being made now, vader and Obi wan would have a kickass lightning speed fight, the kind of which we saw in ROTS.

Darth_Janus
It's out of chronological order... Pay attention.

It says Vader transformed, then he found his son, then the time of chaos?

"In the chaos that accompanied Palpatine's rise to power, Vader became one of the Emperor's most loyal servants. The Emperor entrusted him with the elimination of the Jedi Knights. During these dark times, Vader and his agents destroyed the Jedi order. "

Where does it say this was post-Mustafar Vader? It doesn't.

Aduruth
*Looks at your location*
*Laughs*

*looks at you and LordSorgo, and how you have to resort to ignorance for happyness*

you both greatly underestimate vader, and mechanical vader. And no, no ordinary jedi would be able to kill vader/mechanical, and yes I'm a fan of vader, but not as much of a fan as for other Jedi. You both really need to get your heads out of the toilet and do some research.
ok, ha! Now when your ready to have an inteligent conversation, comeback when you grow up/mature.

And yes he shouldve been able to defend himself but look*!!!!
ITS A MOVIE, its A NESSACITY EFFECT!

Darth_Janus
*looks at you and LordSorgo, and how you have to resort to ignorance for happyness*

you both greatly underestimate vader, and mechanical vader. And no, no ordinary jedi would be able to kill vader/mechanical, and yes I'm a fan of vader, but not as much of a fan as for other Jedi. You both really need to get your heads out of the toilet and do some research.
ok, ha! Now when your ready to have an inteligent conversation, comeback when you grow up/mature.

Put your money where your mouth is and PROVE UP.

Captain REX
...wow, this is a silly thread.

*throws rock at thread*

Ushgarak
I am afraid the answer "Vader just isn't that good" is indeed the correct one, as GL has confirmed. His injuries have, basically, ruined him.

As I said before- and again, paraphrasing GL- Half-trained boy fights cripple. Half-trained boy wins.

Nothing odd.

Bespin Bart
Yup, Vader's a cripple. Not easy for a cripple to win a one-on-one fight with a boy in his physical prime.

Clawed The Bum
omg, omg, omg. you canot compare the PT to the OT. look at everything vadar did in the OT. not to impressive. about 6 hours of movie time. now look at the about 5 secounds near the end of ROTS. how much power did vadar have. crap loads. enough to beat any ordenary jedi. he killed padme ( who was at least a couple thousand miles away) without even trying. vadar also killed all mechanical things around him and broke his arms free. sidiuos was happy becuase of the enormus amount of power that vadar had.
P.S. Vadar killed Doku, Ben kenobi, siduios, and heavily injured mace

Darth_Janus
Dude, stfu, okay?

You know nothing.

Clawed The Bum
i know what btw means it means by the way.

Darth_Janus
Okay, so that's one thing. now, stfu n00b h@x00r

Clawed The Bum
lol you are the one that told me what it means like 5 minutes ago

Ushgarak
omg, omg, omg. you canot compare the PT to the OT. look at everything vadar did in the OT. not to impressive. about 6 hours of movie time. now look at the about 5 secounds near the end of ROTS. how much power did vadar have. crap loads. enough to beat any ordenary jedi. he killed padme ( who was at least a couple thousand miles away) without even trying. vadar also killed all mechanical things around him and broke his arms free. sidiuos was happy becuase of the enormus amount of power that vadar had.
P.S. Vadar killed Doku, Ben kenobi, siduios, and heavily injured mace

That was a one-off at that moment. It does not last, and I repeat, this is from GL himself.

He blindsided Mace, he didn't duel him. He did the same thing (in the same situation) to Sidious. Obi-Wan LET Vader kill him. He did kill Dooku, this is true, but anything he did BEFORE his injuries don't count.

The whole point is that after his injuries, his power and deadliness was permanently impaired.

Human Vader

LMAO, that contributed nothing to the conversation. You have no proof of your claims, as I actually have evidence of what I'm saying. What kind of inteligent conversation is saying what you think, with no proof and throwing insults at people. You're a moron. And thanks to Ushgarak and Bespin and for watching the movies and seeing that Vader blows.

Clawed The Bum
^ ( don't take it personal he calls eveybody a moron)

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by Ushgarak
That was a one-off at that moment. It does not last, and I repeat, this is from GL himself.

He blindsided Mace, he didn't duel him. He did the same thing (in the same situation) to Sidious. Obi-Wan LET Vader kill him. He did kill Dooku, this is true, but anything he did BEFORE his injuries don't count.

The whole point is that after his injuries, his power and deadliness was permanently impaired.

True that. His midi-chlorian count dropped dramatically after becoming a quadruple amputee. He was slow and akward--the neural-circuitry in his limbs had a slight delay. Unlike General Grevious, his cyborg limbs weren't 10x stronger than that of a human, nor could they move faster than a human could see. The armour was a merely life-support system that was terrifying to behold. And I don't think force-choking Imperial officers with no force powers makes him a bad-ass.

Aduruth
LMAO, that contributed nothing to the conversation. You have no proof of your claims, as I actually have evidence of what I'm saying. What kind of inteligent conversation is saying what you think, with no proof and throwing insults at people. You're a moron. And thanks to Ushgarak and Bespin and for watching the movies and seeing that Vader blows.

ok hunman vader get ur facts right
1 ur the one throwing insults
and
2 I already said i have proff, why dont you retake high-school english, or kindgarten and learn how to read!(thats an insult, just incase u didnt know, lol theres another.) and the proff i have is that he didnt want to kill luke, when vader cvhops off lukes hand its to show him that he does not want to kill him, but "opersuade luke" and i swear what "proff is" half cripple fights half trained boy, 1/2 trained boy wins, thats no proff but an opinion, u jak...... phew got caught up, just read next time before you post something about someone that they already posted.

Aduruth
Put your money where your mouth is and PROVE UP.

what i said above. this post

and thank you for answering in a "kind/mature" way,

not like a "newb"

*cough human vader cough*

LordSorgo

*Looks at the Ignorance part of the post.... Looks at Aduruth's face.... Vomits...*

Listen, there is several Jedi on the council that could take Vader out. Sorry to say, but he just wasn't the greatest lightsaber duelist after HE LOST HIS ARMS AND LEGS!

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by LordSorgo
*Looks at the Ignorance part of the post.... Looks at Aduruth's face.... Vomits...*

Listen, there is several Jedi on the council that could take Vader out. Sorry to say, but he just wasn't the greatest lightsaber duelist after HE LOST HIS ARMS AND LEGS!

I cant believe the vader bias in here...

LordSorgo
I cant believe the vader bias in here...

You can't? Then you must think we are faking it. I can assure you we aren't.

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by LordSorgo
You can't? Then you must think we are faking it. I can assure you we aren't.

Oh I do believe that you think this way, I just cant believe the human mind would allow such lies.

LordSorgo
Oh I do believe that you think this way, I just cant believe the human mind would allow such lies.

I can't believe God would allow someone like you to be born...

Darth_Glentract
I dont want to get religious on you, but God has a purpose for everyone. It's not your job to know what that is.

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
I dont want to get religious on you, but God has a purpose for everyone. It's not your job to know what that is.

My purpose is to cleanse the minds of the unpure, bringing truth and justice where their is only ignorance and folly.

InsaneNoodlyGuy
My purpose is to cleanse the minds of the unpure, bringing truth and justice where their is only ignorance and folly.

You poor bastard.

Darth Kronos
because GL wanted it that way no expression

LordSorgo

Maybe your purpose is to leave KMC.... Or to die....

Tangible God
you said vadar blows and your name is human vadar... so do you blow? not that i am interested or anything LMFAO! rolling on floor laughing

Tangible God
But God, like I've said before, It's a MOVIE! One made almost 30 to 24 ago. They had no idea that they would be making the prequel Jedi better than the OT Vader. But with todays demand for kickass action sequences and explosions and Kung-Fu fighting movies etc.... they had to up the scale. In '77 if they showed the Jedi in ANH, they would make them all pussies with glowsticks that would appear to be great against an average guy, just to show that they were inferior to Vader who slaughtered them.

20 years in between ROTJ and ROTS, give the writers a break.

Ushgarak
and i swear what "proff is" half cripple fights half trained boy, 1/2 trained boy wins, thats no proff but an opinion, u jak...... phew got caught up, just read next time before you post something about someone that they already posted.

Not my opinion. George Lucas'. And his words- syaing directly how Vader, who never even reached his potential, had now lost his power, settle the issue beyond question. End of argument.

If people do not cut out the silly bickering in this thread, warnings will be issued.

LordSorgo
http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~pdang/AA/Retard.jpg

Clawed The Bum
lord sago = new jawa pimp of pics
darth janus = old jawa pimp of pics( mainly becuase he told me to stfu)

Human Vader
For one pic? Are you kidding me? Janus and I had a battle of pics with way better ones than that (Although I must admit, that one made me laugh). Check out the Janus Reich thread.

Human Vader
ok hunman vader get ur facts right
1 ur the one throwing insults
and
2 I already said i have proff, why dont you retake high-school english, or kindgarten and learn how to read!(thats an insult, just incase u didnt know, lol theres another.) and the proff i have is that he didnt want to kill luke, when vader cvhops off lukes hand its to show him that he does not want to kill him, but "opersuade luke" and i swear what "proff is" half cripple fights half trained boy, 1/2 trained boy wins, thats no proff but an opinion, u jak...... phew got caught up, just read next time before you post something about someone that they already posted.

http://img315.imageshack.us/img315/3088/stupidinternetpolice6rg8qw.jpg

Are you kidding me? I should retake highschool english and learn to read? Are you really that stupid? Look at your f*cking post moron, there are so many mispellings and grammatical errors it's almost not funny. Now I'm not sure what this "proff" is, or what "opersuade" means, but I can assure you, I've read all your posts in this thread, and not once have you given any valid evidence to support your claims. I think it is you who should learn something about English, like the fact that "u" isn't a word for example, or that "in case" is two words. Although I feel sorry for you because I'm not sure if there's a teacher alive who could help you with your English.

InsaneNoodlyGuy
I want in on this s'more!

Darth_Janus
Here, let me gang up on him...

Human Vader
Yay Janus!!! Which one am I? The black one?

Darth_Janus
He's brown, but he prefers pigmentally challenged. lol

Great Vengeance
http://img315.imageshack.us/img315/3088/stupidinternetpolice6rg8qw.jpg

Are you kidding me? I should retake highschool english and learn to read? Are you really that stupid? Look at your f*cking post moron, there are so many mispellings and grammatical errors it's almost not funny. Now I'm not sure what this "proff" is, or what "opersuade" means, but I can assure you, I've read all your posts in this thread, and not once have you given any valid evidence to support your claims. I think it is you who should learn something about English, like the fact that "u" isn't a word for example, or that "in case" is two words. Although I feel sorry for you because I'm not sure if there's a teacher alive who could help you with your English.

Watch your mouth son.

Darth_Janus
What your mouth son? STFU fanboy...

Great Vengeance
What your mouth son? STFU fanboy...

I pm'ed you, If you have a problem with me and have anything important to say Im all ears, man to man.

Tangible God
I dont want to get religious on you, but God has a purpose for everyone. It's not your job to know what that is. Prove there's a God.

Darth_Janus
I pm'ed you, If you have a problem with me and have anything important to say Im all ears, man to man.

No, nothing important. Just pictures and sly comments. This isn't some pissing ground where we have to confront one another. You can chose to ignore me, or you can keep doing what you've been doing. Choice is yours. As for me, I like to post pics.

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by Tangible God
Prove there's a God.

Now theres a question you dont see everyday...I made a post about this in the philosophy forum check it out if you want, its in "Whats the meaning of life?" last page.

Great Vengeance
No, nothing important. Just pictures and sly comments. This isn't some pissing ground where we have to confront one another. You can chose to ignore me, or you can keep doing what you've been doing. Choice is yours. As for me, I like to post pics.

Alright so that means you just do it because you have nothing else to do, have to do something with the life you are given I suppose...I never wanted to be in a conflict with you but the "great veang-ass" needed to be responded to.

Darth_Janus
I thought it was amusing. I guess we just have different styles of humor.

Tangible God
I thought it was amusing. I guess we just have different styles of humor. Just like Jews and Muslims. One makes money, the other blows himself up in the name of God.

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by Tangible God
Just like Jews and Muslims. One makes money, the other blows himself up in the name of God.

We all die eventually why not in a blaze of glory.

Tangible God
We all die eventually why not in a blaze of glory. But why must they take innocent cars with them?

DarkDethbringer
Human Vader! what is up with the way you say Jedi?you say it Jeedai!!

DarkDethbringer
We all die eventually why not in a blaze of glory.
HEAR HEAR!!!!but I still agree with whats his name....poor cars....

Ushgarak
Ok, this threas is irreelvant and argumentative. Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.