Could Batman Actually Happen??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DigiMark007
Scenario: I'm a multi-millionaire who's in decent shape and I'm bored. I decide to hire a bunch of personal martial arts trainers (the best money can buy) to train me rigorously for a year or so. Here's where it gets interesting. Anyone who has seen Batman Begins will know more about this. The "smart cloth" that forms his cape actually exists for base-jumpers and other assorted things...it could be used to glide from rooftops. Lightweight bullet-proof Kevlar armor also exists. Some reasonable replacements for batarangs and such could be made easily. Other non-bat-gadgets could complete the arsenal (random grenades and stuff).

Given the money and the will to do it, Batman as we saw him in the movie could actually exist. It would be much harder to accomplish than the movie portrays, but it's well within the realm of possibility....at least I think so.

Thought? Musings? Confessions of "I am Batman" or "Damn, you ruined my plan Digi..."?? Discuss...

-DM

Blair Wind
Damn, you ruined my plan Digi!!!!!

Myth
You could still be Puppyman Blair. wink

radioboy121
Even if you did train yourself like him, you probably wouldn't have the motivation to do it for so long and your psyche would probably not handle the continuous battle against the psychos on a regular basis. Shouldn't this be in the Batman forum?

DigiMark007
Maybe it should be in the Bats forum, but not as many people go there...and I tied it in to the recent Bats movie, so it's justified being in this forum too.

-DM

Scoobless
you would break your ankle the first time you jumped off a roof

DigiMark007
But he has the "smart cape" that becomes a hang-glider-esque failsafe for gliding down...he wouldn't fall hard enough to break an ankle. And besides that, you or I might get banged up pretty good (and so will the Batman in my scenario) but he's highly trained and in shape. Down the line his body might be messed up but he'll withstand quite a bit more than an average person.

Or maybe he'd break an ankle...I just think it's wicked cool to think about, and is semi-possible.

-DM

ayjay
i rekon it could work...for about a few months, maybe a year...but then you'd just be too damn exhausted, and beat up. And more than likely, you'd be tracked down by intellignce agencies. ^_^

Khellendros
Already been done. I AM Batman.

TheFlash
Well, here's what I think...What makes Batman so damn popular is that he is HUMAN. No, he does not have super powers, just his intelligence, fighting skills, and will power. He feels pain and he has problems and he is dark. ANYONE can be a Batman; literally. The technology is not too far-fetch'd and the 'real' Batman would be more of a vigilante than a 'superhero' anyway. All it really takes is sheer will power and hope.

You also have to be mentally strong, prepared and you have to be driven. Like Batman is who he is because of his parents' death. Well, I'm sure if you had the heart and resources and some TRAGIC event happened in your childhood, you would grow up wanting revenge and justice as well. So yes. A 'real' Batman is possible.

b-dan
i dont think so yout hink theres a guy who owns a group of ninjas and a guy who always smiels and a guy who survived some cold liquid stuff i dont think so

TheFlash
...First off, who asked if Batman's VILLAINS could be real? Most of them cannot. I guess you are reffering to Rah's Al Gul and Mr. Freeze? A 'Joker' type character is possible, though, for there are homicidal maniacs out there as you all know. Then, a guy who owns a group of ninjas...? What are YOU talking about? In some parts of Asia there still are people who follow the Bushido code of the Samurai or other forms of Martial Arts. So, yes. Batman is still possible. Cities full of crime and slums, such as New York or Los Angeles, can be the 'real' Gotham City.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by b-dan
i dont think so yout hink theres a guy who owns a group of ninjas and a guy who always smiels and a guy who survived some cold liquid stuff i dont think so

A guy who always smiles big grin cool

Lord-of-Dreams
Yea. Batman was made to be realistic enough to happen, but fantastical enough to never happen. And the suit and training don't make Bat's. You have to remember his childhood drama. He is also a perfect person for his job. You have to be strong willed, a genius, and a whole load of other stuff. Also, i'm already supersexyman, so... yea, it's possible. lol big grin

8bitChris
It couldn't happen. Batman would be dead within months.

There is a reason super heroes stay in the movie. Nobody gets as lucky as they do, or as close to death as many times as they do without dying.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by 8bitChris
It couldn't happen. Batman would be dead within months.

There is a reason super heroes stay in the movie. Nobody gets as lucky as they do, or as close to death as many times as they do without dying.

Ah, but a 'real-world' Batman wouldn't be fighting super-villians all the time. Mostly just run-of-the-mill crooks. So dangerous? Certainly. But impossible to stay alive for long? No...it'd be hard, but possible.

Scoobless
exactly... if you're all prepped up with weapons, body armour and fight training there's no reason you couldn't stop a mugger or rapist.... you just have to find them first

it would be more likely to happen between a group of people than an individual though... they can cover more ground and back each other up..... you could even have snipers for backup

5 or 6 determined guys could make a difference.... who's in?

willRules
Me Im a good sniper ive killed a few ..........peopl.....I mean uuhh animals!

DigiMark007
I can be the stealth guy...for informatoin gathering and such. The killing and fighting part isn't my style. Much too messy.

Problem: We still need a bored millionaire to fund us. Without him we're like the Angels without Charlie....or Boobs!

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Scoobless

bah...if i knew people commited enough I would do it...but damn people are so flaky I mean just cuz a guy has a gun doesnt mean you run! roll eyes (sarcastic) nah serouisly If I had the resourses, hell ya I would...I get tired of seeing crime taking place all the time.....then again, id probably want to be more like a ironman+batman character= Batman Beyond....more durablity, less chance of death...
but still....

b-dan
Originally posted by Khellendros
Already been done. I AM Batman. !!!!! i am scarecrow!!!!!!

newjak86
Originally posted by Blair Wind
bah...if i knew people commited enough I would do it...but damn people are so flaky I mean just cuz a guy has a gun doesnt mean you run! roll eyes (sarcastic) nah serouisly If I had the resourses, hell ya I would...I get tired of seeing crime taking place all the time.....then again, id probably want to be more like a ironman+batman character= Batman Beyond....more durablity, less chance of death...
but still.... I would join forces with you.

Blair Wind
anyone here a bored millionaire who would invest in us?? lol

Scoobless
anyone here a bored millionaire who would invest in us?? lol

i'm barely a hundredaire

sad

Blair Wind
lol, we can only hope.........maybe, that would be cool if someone here actually was that rich....lol that would be funny...

willRules
Originally posted by DigiMark007
I can be the stealth guy...for informatoin gathering and such. The killing and fighting part isn't my style. Much too messy.

Problem: We still need a bored millionaire to fund us. Without him we're like the Angels without Charlie....or Boobs!

I have breasts but no money.....

I have said too much.............

newjak86
lol, we can only hope.........maybe, that would be cool if someone here actually was that rich....lol that would be funny... I will be rich one day.

DigiMark007
i'm barely a hundredaire

sad

Got ya beat Scoob. I'm a credit-card-debt-inaire. I'd be the team member always moochin' off the smart/rich ones. Like Johnny does with Reed.

Gaaa! Why can't there be rich comic-book geeks. Or at least many more hot girl comic book geeks. I'd settle for either one.

Blair Wind

Gaaa! Why can't there be rich comic-book geeks. Or at least many more hot girl comic book geeks. I'd settle for either one.

laughing me too...

Lord-of-Dreams
exactly... if you're all prepped up with weapons, body armour and fight training there's no reason you couldn't stop a mugger or rapist.... you just have to find them first

it would be more likely to happen between a group of people than an individual though... they can cover more ground and back each other up..... you could even have snipers for backup

5 or 6 determined guys could make a difference.... who's in? I'm in!! I could be the young, sexy one who's always making wisecracks!! look, look: pfff super my ass!! See????? That was a wisecrack!! I also know judo and I box... oh, and I'm not rich, but I ahh... know a guy... who knows a guy... who is a chick...

Blair Wind
lol...wow....spelled backwards...is wow.....

newjak86
I'm in I could be the muscle and frony line fighter.
6'2 240 punds. My father was in the Army and taought me evrything he knew. I'm 8% body fat.

Paola
arrow

pr1983

Me... i'll be the one saying "tsk tsk" when you all make fools of yourselves...

oh, and team leader... stick out tongue

Bludhaven Boy
I have always liked the Batman stories in large part because of the feasiblity of the character. Sure, there are a lot of stretches, but I love Batman when he is fighting thugs and psychos, and doing it well. Leave the magic crap to Captain Marvel.

Harvey Dent
fool, you can't make a batman with gadgets and atheltic ability alone.

tragedy is what made batman.

...and yes, you would break your ankle even if you had those wings.

chucktaylor
I dont have ankles! Just kidding...

Blair Wind
Originally posted by pr1983
Me... i'll be the one saying "tsk tsk" when you all make fools of yourselves...

oh, and team leader... stick out tongue

BAHHHHH!! you cant be team leader...positions taken.....by who you ask? Blair Wind...thats who!!! Happy Dance

willRules
Please can I be the sniper. I cant do any running or anything cos my athletic skills were soo good they had to shoot me...............

fruits
but if you did that, the cops would arrest you cuz your not a cop. it wuld be fun while it lasted though

Lord-of-Dreams
So? We would obviously have more irepower than the po po!! bring the po po!!

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Lord-of-Dreams
So? We would obviously have more firepower than the po po!! bring the po po!!

laughing Happy Dance YEA!!

confused wait a sec.....unless we have millionaires backing us up....we have no firepower....damn.....see ya guys gotta go build myself an Ironman suit!

Red Superfly
Most possible hero? Of course. He's totally plausable. The only way a Superhero would ever function in a Captialist society such as ours would be if he was at the pinnacle of that infrastructure.

Likely? Not at all. Rich people are scum (seriously, what rich person ISN'T greedy?). As if any of them would be strong enough to be Batman. They'd do it for shits and giggles then give up after a week when they break a nail in a fist fight with a 13 year old car theif.

peejay88
Somebody could become Batman, Couldnt have a Batmobile though, in a big city, you'd get stuck in traffic jams all the time. The Pigs would wanna bang you up as well for being a vigilante and causing major property damage and such, also, how would you know when a particular crime is happening, apart from teetering on the edge of a building all night? LOL Also how could you explain your injuries at hospital? or in public, realistically Batman would have loads of Shrapnel in his chin from all the explosions he's been involved in.

BlackC@t
Maybe someday Batman will happen.

Blair Wind

confused wait a sec.....unless we have millionaires backing us up....we have no firepower....damn.....see ya guys gotta go build myself an Ironman suit!

nuff said

Kieralinn
There are some guys who make Batarangs and real working utility belts. Been thinking of getting some for my Huntress costume.

You can get them on e-bay

Kieralinn
smokin'

Kieralinn
cool

Harvey Dent
Originally posted by Kieralinn
cool

Awsome...can you send a link? that would be cool for a halloween costume.

Kieralinn
Here's for the Batarangs

http://search.ebay.com/Batarang_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8

For the Utility belt, just put in Utility Belt in their search and it will come up....the link is tooo long to post.

Harvey Dent
Here's for the Batarangs

http://search.ebay.com/Batarang_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8

For the Utility belt, just put in Utility Belt in their search and it will come up....the link is tooo long to post.

Thanks, Kieralinn!

sevenman
If my parents die I am BATMAN.

Kieralinn
I am actually writing a story about a guy who becomes like Batman....his life imitates him and he decides to be HIM. It takes place 100 years in the future. I posted it at Batman: Yesterday, Today and Beyond...because well, I work on that site....Here's a link if anyone wants to read the 1st two Chapters...I am working on the 3rd.

http://www.batmanytb.com/forum/viewthread.php?forum_id=35&thread_id=168

sevenman
I heard of a man who did that. His name is Bruce Wayne.

Lord-of-Dreams

O.. shit... good point... O shit... I just flipped off a cop... o shit... dear lord...
O, and Kieralinn, do you mean kinda like a Batman 2099?? lol Sounds cool.

Bat Dude
Batman could happen 1 way. So a close relative or friend dies in a robbery or just criminal vandalism. He dedicates his life to stop crime. He joins the army and learns many skills and gains all kinds of weapons and whatnot. He is military funded so he isn't breaking the law. He creates a Batsuit with the military's help. He is granted special status as a law enforcer but the cops don't know his identity nor do they really want the people to think he exists. So the military keeps it from them.

There are vigilantes of all kinds out there... Batman is already happening...In a manner of speaking..But I was a billionaire...I'd just have fun...

I forgot the "if" in my last pots..."If I was a billionaire"...Damned alcohol...

Did I just spell "Post" as "pots"...damned weed...I'm going now

Renegade-agent
LOL,jeez batman might be possible ,but i seriously doubt of the billionaire pretty boys would do it,after all they could mess up their hair.

Drache53
Get one of them to fund the people that would do it.

Drache53
I mean, really, ONE billionaire has to be a comic-book fan and willing to do something about all the crime that's going on in the world. I'm bout to hit up Bill Gates for some cash. lol

Kieralinn
Originally posted by 420
I forgot the "if" in my last pots..."If I was a billionaire"...Damned alcohol...

laughing

Kieralinn
Originally posted by 420
Did I just spell "Post" as "pots"...damned weed...I'm going now

hysterical

smokin'

Thanks Kieralinn...Been on this sight for a while now...And you are the first person to actually quote something I've said. Nice to know someone is listening, well...er..um reading...

sevenman
Just do it. I want some mother ****er out there who wants to commit suicide or do some crazy shit to waste their lives better : become Batman. Do you know how ****ing awesome it would be do see some man is a military TRULY realistic Batman costume stop some gangsta die pig die bling bling thug? ****ING AWESOMe. It'd be all over the news with security cameras and shit and be all over the internet. If I ever did that thopuh I'd be all over the school telling all my girls "IM BATMAN!" "IM BATMAN!".

THAD BE FUNNY IF THEY GOT ARRESTED.

Bat Dude

Kieralinn
I'd just like to say...there are real heroes out there right now. All the rescuers in the areas affected by Katrina.....

The guy i am seeing is one of them. He is in New Orleans right now and it is hell on earth down there. I am very proud of him and miss him terribly.

That 2003 artilce about the guy in NY? That's just AWESOME! rock

Jargon343
The cops would probably catch him pretty quick. You don't just dress up in a suit and go around beating the shit out of people and get away with it, even if the people are crooks. The first time he used the batmobile would be his last, the police choppers and cars would be all over him. He'd be wanted for numerous counts of assualt and battery.

Not only that, but if you spend enough time kicking people in the face, eventually you'd end up killing one of them...then our Batman would be wanted for murder. In the end though, even if he miraculously managed to avoid the police, he wouldn't be able to take on more than one or two fairly in shape guys at once...that's just how it works in comics and movies. Three or more thugs get the drop on him and he'd be dead.

Perhaps a group of Batmen, working like ninjas, would be possible for a short while. But again, it's just a matter of time before one of them chews a bullet, no matter how good they are. And in real life, leaving bodies lying around is much more of a problem then it is in comicbook world.

Jargon343

Bat Dude
You laughin' at me? If the people have seen him, how can you know they're lying? Answer that, junior! Oh and I think I owe you this for laughing at me....*punches invisible Jargon343* lol, jk. but don't laugh at me for such a little unawareness.

OB1-adobe
No, you would be the joke of the town.

Headlines:
"Nerd running around town thinking he is batman"

Become your own superhero.

Oh and just a word of advice: if you are surrounded by thugs, keep in mind they don't take turns attacking so you can make a cool move like in the movies, they come at you at once making cheap shots, and the next thing you know you are lying on the grown in your homemade batsuit groaning just in time for some reporter with a camera to catch you and go "What a Scoop!"

next day headlines:

"local batman, or nerd if you will, is a p*ssy"

Oh and for some reason I have a hard time beleiving people with money would really care to do such a thing. "I kind of feel like becoming batman, but screw it, lets go buy jet skis."

Oh and BatDude, find a copy of that article that isn't attached to a message board or some lame website. It sound more like one of those joke newspapers like, THE ONION.

Mindship
I don't care how great a shape a person is in, the immense amount of physical power required and the feats involved--as typically depicted--would wear down the toughest person relatively fast. That's what was so cool about, Kingdom Come was it? With an older Bruce depicted as nearly crippled by all the years of being Bat. Anyway, research any great athlete, and you will find a host of injuries along the way to greatness, which is itself typically short-lived, a few years tops.
As for his motivation: that can be as much a liability as an asset. It can push you or drain you. Yeah, I think Batman is possible, but not as a career.

Bat Dude
Batman could be a one time thing, like revenge on a murderer, revenge on robber of most loved object, etc.

jplatinum
Digi there are already some batman level people in real life.

Jackie chan,
tony jaa,
jet li (just not quite as strong, but still hella strong for a little guy)
Bruce Lee (god rest his soul was the man,dude.)
Mike reeves(iska breaking champion)
The gracies (some bad motha****as)
billy chow(see fist of legend, he actually broke all those things, no cheap trick.)
mark decascas( see drive)
Matt Furey ( he is a motha****in' monster, dude.)
and some more.

JediMasterLuke5
First if you wanted to become as close as you could to Batman you would have to....
Be able to Lift 800 lbs (max for any human)
Master Many Martial Arts
Become Filthy Rich
Become even more rich
And what ever I left out

WindDancer
The chances of some rich man becoming Batman are pretty even. However, if he were to choose to become Batman then it would be just another example of life immitating art. Meaning that the rich guy would base his personality on the premise of the Comic Book Character Batman. Other characters that could become real are the following:

Hush
Scarecrow
Ra's al Ghul
Catwoman
Robin
Batgirl (Not Barbara Gordon)
Lady Shiva
Harvey Bullock
Harley Quinn
Lucius Fox

Characters less likely to become real would be:

Bane
The Joker
Poison Ivy
The Penguin
Black Mask
Killer Croc
James Gordon
Mr Freeze
Clayface

From fiction to real life...drastic changes would happen. But the chances of some actor becoming a clay menace are very slim and next to impossible....maybe somewhere in the future...maybe.

Jargon343
It's from The Weekly World News, like I said. Occassionally a story escapes from it's natural WWN habitat and makes it into normal headlines, scaring everyone with it's presence.

http://www.weeklyworldnews.com/

brainchild81
Scenario: I'm a multi-millionaire who's in decent shape and I'm bored. I decide to hire a bunch of personal martial arts trainers (the best money can buy) to train me rigorously for a year or so. Here's where it gets interesting. Anyone who has seen Batman Begins will know more about this. The "smart cloth" that forms his cape actually exists for base-jumpers and other assorted things...it could be used to glide from rooftops. Lightweight bullet-proof Kevlar armor also exists. Some reasonable replacements for batarangs and such could be made easily. Other non-bat-gadgets could complete the arsenal (random grenades and stuff).

Given the money and the will to do it, Batman as we saw him in the movie could actually exist. It would be much harder to accomplish than the movie portrays, but it's well within the realm of possibility....at least I think so.

Thought? Musings? Confessions of "I am Batman" or "Damn, you ruined my plan Digi..."?? Discuss...

-DM Not impossible, but you'd need a better mask that covers your entire face(see Nighthawk from Supreme Power). It'd also be very difficult and dangerous. You'd probably end up in jail or dead. Most likely one and then the other

Lightsaber
I believe a Batman character could exist,

Read this actual article, This apparently happened

REAL-LIFE BATMAN FIGHTING BAD GUYS IN NEW YORK

Holy nutcase! Man patrols streets in bodysuit, mask -- and a cape!

An obsessed crimefighter is roaming the streets of New York City at night beating up burglars, muggers and drug dealers -- while wearing a costume just like the movie superhero Batman!

"This fellow is a one-man vigilante team," a police insider said. "Last week he broke into a crack house and beat the hell out of a couple of well-known drug dealers.

"We have a dozen witnesses who have seen the fellow in the last two weeks and they all say the same thing: The guy's a bodybuilder, he's dressed up in a black outfit with a cape and wears a mask just like Batman wore in the movies."

The mysterious figure's most highly publicized act of heroism came last week when he broke up an armed robbery at a fast-food restaurant, knocking out two would-be robbers in the process. "When our officers arrived on the scene one of the thieves was unconscious and the other was so groggy that he didn't know where he was," the police source said. "This Batman fellow had worked them over pretty good."

Officials are unsure how to deal with the crimefighter, who has gained a devoted cult following in some New York neighborhoods. "Our problem is that this guy is breaking the law, but if we throw him in jail we'll look like the bad guys," the anonymous policeman said.

"But we can't allow him to go around making his own laws. And the fact that he wears a superhero costume shows that he is probably mentally unstable."

Police psychologists say the real-life Batman fits the profile of an angry crime victim who is fighting back.

"You see this a lot when someone has been victimized. But this guy is obviously obsessed in a twisted, almost frightening kind of way. It appears he truly believes he is Batman."

Witnesses say the Batman is highly skilled in the martial arts and has no trouble overpowering the criminals he attacks. "One couple said they were being mugged when the Batman jumped out from behind a tree, kicked the gun from the mugger's hand, put him into a headlock and rammed him into a tree."

"But in that case, as always, by the time the police got there the Batman was gone."

By GEORGE PIKE

Lightsaber
Oh, and by the way guys, here is a homemade lightsaber I made it is a smaller scale version, but it is hot, some 3100 F

I can send video pics if you want

[email protected]

Silverstein
make a normal scale lightsaber laughing that is freakin awesome...

but anyways, its just a mini blow torch

Jargon343
Originally posted by Lightsaber
I believe a Batman character could exist,

Read this actual article, This apparently happened

REAL-LIFE BATMAN FIGHTING BAD GUYS IN NEW YORK

Holy nutcase! Man patrols streets in bodysuit, mask -- and a cape!

An obsessed crimefighter is roaming the streets of New York City at night beating up burglars, muggers and drug dealers -- while wearing a costume just like the movie superhero Batman!

"This fellow is a one-man vigilante team," a police insider said. "Last week he broke into a crack house and beat the hell out of a couple of well-known drug dealers.

"We have a dozen witnesses who have seen the fellow in the last two weeks and they all say the same thing: The guy's a bodybuilder, he's dressed up in a black outfit with a cape and wears a mask just like Batman wore in the movies."

The mysterious figure's most highly publicized act of heroism came last week when he broke up an armed robbery at a fast-food restaurant, knocking out two would-be robbers in the process. "When our officers arrived on the scene one of the thieves was unconscious and the other was so groggy that he didn't know where he was," the police source said. "This Batman fellow had worked them over pretty good."

Officials are unsure how to deal with the crimefighter, who has gained a devoted cult following in some New York neighborhoods. "Our problem is that this guy is breaking the law, but if we throw him in jail we'll look like the bad guys," the anonymous policeman said.

"But we can't allow him to go around making his own laws. And the fact that he wears a superhero costume shows that he is probably mentally unstable."

Police psychologists say the real-life Batman fits the profile of an angry crime victim who is fighting back.

"You see this a lot when someone has been victimized. But this guy is obviously obsessed in a twisted, almost frightening kind of way. It appears he truly believes he is Batman."

Witnesses say the Batman is highly skilled in the martial arts and has no trouble overpowering the criminals he attacks. "One couple said they were being mugged when the Batman jumped out from behind a tree, kicked the gun from the mugger's hand, put him into a headlock and rammed him into a tree."

"But in that case, as always, by the time the police got there the Batman was gone."

By GEORGE PIKE

Jesus Christ. We already went over this.

THIS ARTICLE IS FROM THE WEEKLY WORLD NEWS. IT ISNT REAL.

Lightsaber
how did you find out that it wasn't real? just curious, i have heard other stories also

Jargon343
Because someone linked to it a few pages ago, and the page cited the Weekly World News as the source for the article.

If you've ever read the WWN, you can see that they have a distinctive style to their writing. This article has WWN written all over it.

Lightsaber
I did hear another story about a man dressed as batman who happened to be a security guard at a costume party, a criminal was escaping and he ran and took him down, wearing the suit.

I also heard of a man in new York who fell to his death off a high building in a batman suit. They said he was trying to thow grapple hooks as he fell. perhaps he was pushed off?

anyway here is another pic of my homemade light device

Lightsaber
Jargon 342,

Please don't take the name of the Lord Jesus Christ in vain.

God will not hold you guiltless if you do on judgement day.

Thank you

fabulousvillain
Here are some guys trying to be batman like heros:
superheroes.members.winisp.net/

Silverstein
Originally posted by Lightsaber
I did hear another story about a man dressed as batman who happened to be a security guard at a costume party, a criminal was escaping and he ran and took him down, wearing the suit.

I also heard of a man in new York who fell to his death off a high building in a batman suit. They said he was trying to thow grapple hooks as he fell. perhaps he was pushed off?

anyway here is another pic of my homemade light device

stop posting pics and telling people about your so called "light saber" my friend has a lighter that looks like that with a green flame, he bought it.

Blair Wind
I AM BATMAN!!!!!! or at least i wish i was...in my dreams...anyone here a rich lazy guy that would like to invest in a lil comic book justice....i could assemble a team in no time!! lol

Dr.Fate
I don't think batman could hapopen. The three most likely superheroes would be Sandman (put people to sleep with sleeping gas that could happen batman should use that) Hourman (come takes a steroid to make himself strong it could happen) and Punisher just a crazy guy with guns. or any of the Minutemen from watchmen. the Comedian could happen goverment agent he could get away with anything

sevenman
I'd just like to say...there are real heroes out there right now. All the rescuers in the areas affected by Katrina.....

The guy i am seeing is one of them. He is in New Orleans right now and it is hell on earth down there. I am very proud of him and miss him terribly.

That 2003 artilce about the guy in NY? That's just AWESOME! rock YEAH, I'M COOL LIKE THAT

Blair Wind
DAMMIT WHERE ARE THE FREAKIN MILLIONAIRES?????? I WANNA BE BATMAN....lets make a KMC squad...common whos with me??? I nominate me, Xmarksthespot, scoobs, and rage....evil face

braz
^ do u by any chance happen to have "The Batman Training Manual"

Blair Wind
yes, yes I do evil face

no is there really one out?? lol that would be funny.....

Etrigan
It would actually be kind of tricky for Batman to really happen. Despite the fact all his gadgets and stuff exist, and he would be a martial artist as usual, most of the real super villains for him to fight would be tyrants or evil dicators, who usually have entire armies at their disposal.
If the Dark Knight were to fight villains in life, it'd have to be mob bosses or small time crooks, and then he wouldn't be too well known.
Besides, even though he's an amazing martial artist, Batman wouldn't be able to take on the huge amounts of crooks he does in the movies and comics.

Blair Wind
......but I can....shifty

Blair Wind
I can get all his tools....if only the rich guys on KMC will pay.....and I can get trained...i can be part of a squad.....for a bored millionaire......plz? lmao

braz
^ r u psychotically driven by anger like me cool

braz
yes, yes I do evil face

no is there really one out?? lol that would be funny.....

yea dude there is, just go to ur local book store and it'll prolly be there and yes i already have it...its pretty cool, yet funny at the same time, it teaches u how to rappel down a building, bulletproof ur batmobilelaughing and create a batsuit ....and many more! big grin

Jokerinthedeck
I got it from Amazon.com

I'm a big fan of survival tip #1 (Stay out of places with names like "Crime Alley," page 7.)

redcaped
I know what you mean about the character's close up abilities to ours but never. You cannot imitate a comic book character. You can create your own symbol and become a new hero but not exposed. If you cannot keep a secret, forget it. These are my words.

Knightfall93
i'm in! Let's go beat up some crimmys!

Blair Wind
all we need is money man.....who here on KMC is a closet billionaire?? I am good for being trained, seriously. Get me a Jeet Kune Doo instructer, a Mauy Thai Kickboxer, a capoeira mestre, a Kali weapons expert (Blade, Thrown, Blunt weapons, guns), a BJJ master, maybe some aikido, pressure point system, and some ninja stealth techniques......thats for the MA. Then I need a scuba diver instructor, a gymnastics instructor, a first aid instructor, a private eye, and memory enchancing system. Maybe some computer hacking skills......

so who has the money for all that and the gadgets that we need? big grin

Sea King
u know what it might happen to a certin point like being rich he could get training at a veary young age assuming he was rich then. maybe he could call him self batman and dress like him but i doubt he could ecsape the police i mean would he realy be able to keep all his dna from being at or near the scen of the crime or how would he be able to kepp his sceret a sceret

HellMaster93
How would he dodge bullets...? How would he fight 10 men at a time? Training won't help you much if you're completely swarmed...

Blair Wind
Ninja training shifty

HellMaster93
ROFLMAO! laughing laughing out loud

braz
Originally posted by HellMaster93
How would he dodge bullets...? How would he fight 10 men at a time? Training won't help you much if you're completely swarmed...

that is true, Batman is just fiction, and while he may seem like one of the most believable characters in comics, becoming him wouldnt be a walk in the park and not exactly something everybody could do. i mean, u cant just be like 'i wanna become batman because hes my favorite comic character' and then take some karate classes, major in forensic science, detective study, criminology, then get top prototype equipment ect. and expect to be him all in a hunch. there has to be a reason why u want to become a one man-army crime fighting symbol like Batman. Bruce's reason: his parents were murdered. so he forever has a chip on his shoulder for criminals. any criminal. and dont try to make up reasons to make it look like ur life was shitty, lol believe me, ive already done it before laughing and nothin happened. u have to have a drive, a passion for defeating guys like joe chill who killed his parents.

so no, i dont think anyone could just be batman because of the fact hes peak human and everything he has trained for can be achieved but comes all with an extremely strong will that goes way beyond our own physical and mental limits we know. or. not even a handful of people could do it IMO.

its still fun to dream though. big grin

HellMaster93
NOONE couyld be Batman. He has lifted 1000 lbs before... name 1 human who's done that, b!tch...

Blair Wind
Blair Wind shifty

Stealth Agent
Batman could be real, its just a snowballs shot in hell that there'd ever be the right combination. Billionare or possibly millonaire+nonselfish+the neccesary drive
(as described by braz)+To survive being Batman for more then a week+training+technology.

Plus given a month FBI would be up the ass on Bats.

It's possible in theory, just extremley hard.

HellMaster93
All but imossible...

Blair Wind
unless you have ninja training ninja

HellMaster93
LOL...

Edward Nygma
Would it be possible to make a grapnel gun in real life?

HellMaster93
IU guess so... not exactly like that but a gun that propels out a retractable cord w/ grapple hook? Yeah...

Blair Wind
ninjas have it shifty

Mr Parker
I never could get into Batman near as much as I could spider-man because in a real world they wouldnt allow you to take the law into your own hands like he does and eventually they would capture him.His batmobile isnt like Airwolf where it can just zoom off somewhere and not be detected by radar.And he's not like spider-man who is so quick and fast he can just swing by into a building and change his clothes and blend in with everybody else in the crowd.

Blair Wind
But....hes ninja ninja

HellMaster93
LOL!!! laughing

NPC
Lol, no.
Here is why.
Do you know why they STILL make kung-fu movies set in ancient china?
Do you know why they had people move so fast in the matrix that bullets couldnt catch them? So they had an legit excuse to use kung-fu.
Its a little thing Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan, an virtually every martial arts movie has to deal with, guns.
In REAL life a gun would KILL any martial artist VERY easily. That is just a known fact. It is physically impossible to actually dodge bullets, period.
An the reason they still make ancient china set kung-fu is so guns dont exist an therefore a reasonable plot to have kung-fu/hand-to-hand fights happen. You watch all these silly movies an read comics, but the real world is very different.
I remember watching an interview with Bruce Lee an how he was upset that you had to make movies set in the past (pre-guns) to have a Kung-fu movie.
An thats why his movies were so popular, his were some of the 1st Kung-fu movies set in modern day. Yet they were shot in a way that still allowed hand-to-hand even though guns existed. But there were still quite a few scenes that seemed silly as he could have easily been shot.
An that was part of the Matrix's movie brilliance that MANY people are unaware of. Absolute modern day automatic weapons an they are worthless compared to bullet dodging movement an kung-fu. 1st truely legit premise ever concieved for having hand-to-hand combat dominate most of the action in a modern day set film.

Blair Wind
http://www.forbes.com/digitalentertainment/2005/06/20/batman-movies-superheroes-cx_de_0620batman.html

Being batman costs alot....but about that training shifty

I looked it up. They are brutal. blink

hmmmm maybe I can be Batman shifty

Dalton14
O.O Batman is awesome...

Sorry I had to say that outloud!!!

Darth Jello
no, sorry to shatter any dreams of people who have never done martial arts or been in fights or are under the age of 12. Batman would succomb to cripling injuries, probably relying on a wheelchair after about year two. He'd probably need some prosthetics in his shoulder cause of the force with which his grappling hooks pull him up and some serious foot surgery since apparantly ignoring the practicalities of disciplines such as muay thai, batman kicks with his heel, ankle and toes quite a bit instead of the more logical knees and shins.

Ben_H
did u know they have suits which enhance peoples strength so it means they can make a suit look up XOS EXOSKELETON and there is already a different type of exoskeletons which weigh 26 lbs which enhences leg and arm strength. the XOS exoskeleton is bulky but the other one is really small made for disabled people but can be used for other stuff they have a exoskeleton suit which actually is in sale they are making about 500 a year the one which weighs 26 lbs and

but that is nothing compared to the spider man suit which they are making in europe which has nano-tubes to climb walls but the only problem is that its tubes are so tiny they are trying to make the nanotubes use heat to melt the dust which clogs them and they use cold carbon wires for ropes which is mimcing when a gecko uses to stick to walls and thats not all the rope is propelled and is almost invisible

the government has made a camelion suit which has video images on a suit which like the octopus can turn invisible so that it can be seemingly invisible using micro video cameras all around it and also the suit projects it on the screen surrounding the nano cammeras it takes a couple seconds to adjust to surroundings but is best near cameras

Ben_H
there is a problem though with jumping from high distances is that u probably will break ur legs even with a strengh enhancement suit but u could kick some butt if u guys want to look up the spider-man suit look up SPIDERMAN SUIT COULD SEE HUMANS SCALE WALLS but don't type in capitols i forgot the nanotubes are called Carbon Nanotubes

P.S. i don't know how reply other than on other peoples stuff but i do know that u could sustain injuries in a suit kind of like a baseball bat to a football helment

Ben_H
did yall see what i typed about real life spiderman suits that uses carbon nanotubes and also about the already out strength suits and how if u have steel toed boots and bullet proof amor stuff

robin13
I think maybe if you had a team of batmen or make a new vigilante police force it could work.
If anybody has seen the the batwoman cartoon thing they will know what I mean by more than one batman.

robin13
If anyone is interested in forming a justice league e-mail me.

[email protected]

steverules
Without Alfred Batman would be dead by now

mickay
Batman can be real like others have stated. I could become batman but i have trouble with school and work. i am going to be an inventor which could help me make the suit and i could maybe skip the training and hope that i dont get caught. its a long shot but is possible.

mickay
if i make money in my inventing business (im going to be inventor) than i could make the suit and skip the training and hope i dont get caught-but its still possible.

mickay
Originally posted by Almighty Bauer
All but imossible...

it may be possible as pointed out by ppl who have figured out the factors that can be carried out to be him in theory.

K3VIL
A more believable thing would be a mix of Batman and the Punisher.
But following Bat's rules, the real life one can't kill people so the best working equipment should be made of:
-Lightweight Bulletproof suit:
-A pair of nightivision goggles
-Grenades
Smoke and Stun grenades to slow down and incapacitate, but not kill.
-Rubber bullets charged weapons:
2 Glocks, and MP5
-Taser guns
Useful to put K.O. somebody without making noise.
-Grappling Hook Rifle
For climbing from roof to roof or up a wall, gliding in most cities ain't gonna be as easy as in the Bats movies.
-Gloves with built in knuckledusters and boots with reinforced point and the under section.
For close quarter combat, they will enhance the blunt force of the blows delivered.
-Knives
You can incapacitate somebody without killing him using a knife, if you have the knowledge.
-Retractable batons
Good in a close quarter fight, and very handly to take around.
Now a group o medium-highly trained people, each one with his field of specialization and each one with good marksmanship and hth combat knowledge, could surely be a Batmen squad able to clean up a city or anyway reduce the criminal activities.
I'm with Blair Wind, let's find a bored billionaire.
I'm 5'9'', 235 lbs of weight.
I practiced 4 years of boxing, 5 of Jeet Kune Do, and 3 of weight lifting.Despite being built as a bodybuilder I possess good agility and considerable ground speed.I can beat up to 5 men of the same weight and get outta the brawl with minor bruises.I also own a gun license and I have experience in firing with guns and medium caliber rifles.I could be part of the strike force, surely not the "brain" of the squad big grin laughing

Nullifier
Ok, first of all a "Batman" or "Ironman" wouldn't get arrested because they never personally arrest a convict nor kill them.. So what they do is within the law. and theres something out there that is "better then batmans suit its called dragon scales.. "titanium plates laid over echother in sequence" and there also the "XOS Exoskeleton" which is developed by, Stephen Jacobson. I'm a quantum physicist and I'm personally using inductive resonance to create a personal power sorce that could create levitation as well as self generating POWER!!! I'll get more into that on a science forum. My point is if you have someone smart enough anything is possible. I will be a scientist or a superhero and my super hero name will be.. Nullificator.. since Hiro is already taken.. damn TV show.. LOL well Batman is totally possible..

Also, if you think about it.. someone such as the Zodiac killer or bonny and clyde where criminals that had enough will power to do what they did for long periods of time.. So i bet a person.. anyone.. has the potental to do something drastic good or bad..

Kovacs86
Originally posted by Nullifier
Ok, first of all a "Batman" or "Ironman" wouldn't get arrested because they never personally arrest a convict nor kill them.. So what they do is within the law... I'm a quantum physicist and I'm personally using inductive resonance to create a personal power sorce that could create levitation as well as self generating POWER!!!

A) Yes, it's VERY illegal. They go around attacking "innocent" people (until proven guilty). Batman commits an awful lot of assault, I imagine.

B) You're not a quantum physicisisisisist at all, are you? Really?

Nullifier
Actually I am. But excuse me BTW. You ARE correct though about it being illegal the problem is, If your me and yuo stay up till 5:32am and deside to right a comment. Not ever bit of information will be correct. also there is no need to be agressive. I was not agressive to anyone. So, I would like to ask to please watch what you say to people. But, You'r wrong about one thing. If you get a "Requisition" a statement of peace of paper that alows someone to be like a "bounty hunter" or a honoray cop. Also your not completely right because if a store is being robbed and you where to punch the burgler nothing would happen because you where assisting in the arrest of a suspect.. So, if you have a "witness" and "evadence" by the time a cop gets to the scene he connot and will not arrest you. Kovacs86 I ask dont be a smart ass I do have bounds to what i say. Also being "mis-directed" in a subject that has nothing to do with physics or its practice Doesnt mean I do not know what I'm talking about. Dont ever calm someones lying about what they do when they've spent 12 years studying for what they do.

Nullifier
Excuse my grammer. I don't put much thought into writing. I only pay attention to what I wright when I need to. smile

srankmissingnin
I remember seeing something on tv (Discovery or History) where they asked this question. They seemed to think it could be done with 15-20 years of training and crap load of money but it would be so demanding that the "Batman" would only have a shelf life of 3-5 years.

Warrior18
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I remember seeing something on tv (Discovery or History) where they asked this question. They seemed to think it could be done with 15-20 years of training and crap load of money but it would be so demanding that the "Batman" would only have a shelf life of 3-5 years.

I once found a link that said just that. Will try to find it again.

edit.
http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=dark-knight-shift-why-bat&sc=rss

Placidity
Impossible.

If it happened they would function at a level that the wannabe Batmen did at the start of The Dark Knight.

The Heap
^ Doubtful. This is with training, keep in mind.

I think it's possible but like has been said many times over, you wouldn't be the Batman for long.

Placidity
No its not possible because the feats that Batman does are inhuman even though he is "human" in the comics.

Special forces operators have been in that field their whole life training in many aspects (demonlition, counter terrorism, air/sea insertion, CQB, etc), and they'll never be able to come close to what Batman can do.

Aside from how impossible it is to achieve Batman's level of fitness, skill and coordination, theres also aspect of...

What type of crime would Batman fight? This isn't Gotham where you lurk around enough, he'll stumble on some sort of major crime plot.

Ok, what if we talk about smaller scale crimes, like a robbery or something. Well, by the Batman is alerted, he'll need to travel there, which could far, and by the time he gets there, the cops would've done the job. Also, he has to avoid the COPS as well.

Also, it's just too easy for anyone to tail Batman's Batmobile back to his house.

In real life "Batman" would just be lurking around the shadows for rooftops night after night without any drama.

Theres also no way Batman could drop into a gang of armed thuggs and take them all out using martial arts, he would get shot in the face.

My post isn't well structured, if at all because I'm just typing as it comes out of my head. There's still many more reasons why Batman isn't possible which I'll think about later...

carnage52
i am in biology at the moment everyone in my school knows that he is the goddaman batman

carnage52
by that i meant my biology teacher here is a pic

Scythe
^^

W-what...?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by carnage52
by that i meant my biology teacher here is a pic

0:35 - 0:38

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mafA8WbeRXk

catman 48
If batman could happen then couldn't the green arrow happen?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>