Wouldn't it have been great to actually see Anakin being the most powerful Jedi?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

amity75
I had hoped to see him using the force to cause scacecraft to crash or use force push on dozens of guys at the same time etc. Anything to set him apart from the other Jedi and show how vastly superior he was but it just didn't happen.

Ushgarak
Well, part of the whole point of it is that Anakin never fulfilled his potential. So that would have been dramatically inappropriate, even if it would have looked good (though spacecraft would have been overdoing it).

His precocious talent was how we judge it by.

amity75
I don't agree. We should have got to see exactly just how powerful he was and what made him so feared by the entire galaxy and why Palpatine singled him out in the first place.

Ushgarak
I don't think you quite understand- Palpatine wanted him for his potential. Anakin never BECAME that powerful.

As GL describes it, this is why the Emperor wanted to replace Vader with Luke- Luke might yet become what Anakin never did.

amity75
OK. But please don't be facetious with your posts.

Ushgarak
... nothing even vaguely facetious about it, not that it is your business to comment on how I want to phrase my posts, thank you.

amity75
roll eyes (sarcastic)

McGregorGirl
Actually I think we did see how powerful he became. Yoda thought once you went Darkside, you can't come back. No one ever had....Until Anakin.

viking12344
Actually, I know a lot of you do not think that the rots book is anything but borderline EU but....they explain his power very well. Especially his fight with Dooku. It seems that Anakin grows stronger in the force the longer he fights while other jedi fatigue quicker. True or not, I dunno.

InsaneNoodlyGuy
He threw a hell of a lot more stuff around with his mind then anybody else did. He really seemed to be the most preficient Jedi with TK, at least in terms of distance and number of objects (though I bet he could have lifted that x-wing) So he did have something.

Stealth Agent
Anakin already was an excellent Jedi before he even reache dhis potential. He never did amazing feets such as move ships.

I think force pushing a dozen guys would of been rather easy though. people are nothing but objects.

Anakin was the jedi in the public eye the most. He was the dare devil, amazing jedi.

InsaneNoodlyGuy
If we count Eu, he did actually.

Captain REX
Originally posted by amity75
roll eyes (sarcastic)

*thwaps Amity*

Ush ain't being fecious, just answering with his opinion.

Vanquish
I agree that Anakin's power and raw potential should have been showcased more then it was. I don't think that he should have been downing space crafts with his mind or anything, but I also came away from the movie thinking, so what's the big deal with Anakin anyway? Palps, Yoda, Windu, and even Obi wan come off in the movie as more powerful then Anakin.

In the Obi wan fight, all I saw was two evenly matched Jedi's fighting, and Obi wan coming out on top by using his brains. Offense fights defense, and defense wins. I was expecting that fight to look like Anakin was man handling Obi wan, and Obi got lucky or something. But instead, Obi wan, being the defensive fighter he is, took everything Anakin had without too much trouble. Even the force push was even.

Nah I agree, Anakin should have been portrayed as stronger. The temple scene could have done that. Instead of images of Anakin killing Jedi's, actually show some of it. The only killing of Jedi's in the movie was from the clones after order 66. They should have showed Anakin doing some of it instead.

Captain REX
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Well, part of the whole point of it is that Anakin never fulfilled his potential.

Anakin was GOING to be as powerful as you guys say he should have been in the movie. All about his destiny and future, what he could be. Not how he could own everyone. If he was THAT powerful, it would not have made a good story if he could wrap the Jedi Order around his pinky finger and slaughter them all by sneezing...

Darth Koroni
Just because he is the chosen one doesn't mean he should be all-powerful, he was just supposed to destroy the current Jedi and Sith directly, or otherwise.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.