Can a full powered Galactus defeat Exitar (celestial) in battle?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the Darkone
Can a full powered Galactus defeat Exitar in a battle?

If he can how? if not why?

K3VIL
In MARVEL UNIVERSE: THE END, when Thanos destroyed a Celestial using the power granted from THOTU, Galactus was impressed.
It means, you must be REALLY powerful and strong to destroy a Celestial, and if Galactus was surprised, obviously it means that even he would struggle in a fight one on one with a powerful Celestial.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by K3VIL
In MARVEL UNIVERSE: THE END, when Thanos destroyed a Celestial using the power granted from THOTU, Galactus was impressed.
It means, you must be REALLY powerful and strong to destroy a Celestial, and if Galactus was surprised, obviously it means that even he would struggle in a fight one on one with a powerful Celestial.

I did not read this, and cause its an alternate timelin its not Cannon big grin But Galactus beat the dreaming Celestial and The One Above all Celestial.

olympian
And is that story where he beat those two in continuity? For what ive read in Marvel canon hes not on theyr level.

golem370
Exitar is on a whole Larger scale then the one galactus was impressed with

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by whirlysplat
I did not read this, and cause its an alternate timelin its not Cannon big grin But Galactus beat the dreaming Celestial and The One Above all Celestial.

I agree with Whirly. Full powered Galactus is like Eternity in a huge metallic skirt. He takes Exitar.

olympian
In what story did he took those two?

the Darkone
Galactus is one of the 5 most important beings in the universe Eternity, Death, Galactus, Infinity, Oblivion. A fully powered galactus is on par with Eternity in a alter future galactus absorb earth, asgard and the nine worlds, all the abstracts including the celestial, the watchers etc. He was being control by the dreaming celestial who came back in that time line and was mentally controlling galactus into destroying the universe and he did and later on he took on the dreaming celestial and absorb him and after that took on the celestial absorbing all of them too and took out Exitar in battle where galactus came out victories.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by the Darkone
Galactus is one of the 5 most important beings in the universe Eternity, Death, Galactus, Infinity, Oblivion. A fully powered galactus is on par with Eternity in a alter future galactus absorb earth, asgard and the nine worlds, all the abstracts including the celestial, the watchers etc. He was being control by the dreaming celestial who came back in that time line and was mentally controlling galactus into destroying the universe and he did and later on he took on the dreaming celestial and absorb him and after that took on the celestial absorbing all of them too and took out Exitar in battle where galactus came out victories.

I agree but try telling Galactic Storm thisbig grin

GalacticStorm
I agree but try telling Galactic Storm thisbig grin

Tell me for what reason i already had knowledge of this and it changes nothing. Have a read of New Xmen and Xmen Forever and be silenced.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Tell me for what reason i already had knowledge of this and it changes nothing. Have a read of New Xmen and Xmen Forever and be silenced.

Their we go laughing

who?-kid
I think they both kill each other - that is, if they actually can die because of a regular fight, which I am not certain.

Darth_Erebus
This fight would destroy half the Universe, let's not do it.

olympian
"alter future galactus absorb earth, asgard and the nine worlds, all the abstracts including the celestial, the watchers etc. He was being control by the dreaming celestial who came back in that time line and was mentally controlling galactus into destroying the universe and he did and later on he took on the dreaming celestial and absorb him and after that took on the celestial absorbing all of them too and took out Exitar in battle where galactus came out victories"

Then its out of continuity. He never seemed much to be on par with the strongest of the Celestials and Eternity...

K Von Doom
The only way you can show beings at their most powerful is through possible alternate/future realities.

long pig
I'm still under the impression Galactus isn't as powerful as Eternity or Death, he's just as important than them.

If he were as powerful, then why would he be able to die?
Eternity can't die, death can't either.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by long pig
I'm still under the impression Galactus isn't as powerful as Eternity or Death, he's just as important than them.

If he were as powerful, then why would he be able to die?
Eternity can't die, death can't either.

If Galactus dies Abraxas destroys everything, he is that powerful smile

GalacticStorm
If Galactus dies Abraxas destroys everything, he is that powerful smile

Phoenix cant die because she is one with creation she is "the sum and substance of all life" she is one with the multiverse. As she says herself "the planets and the stars are my children" Galactus is a planet eater. Theres no comparison.

long pig
Abraxas is the opposite of Eternity, he only comes if Galactus dies, it isn't Galactus' own power.

That still goes along with me saying he's just as important as Eternity, but not as powerful.

GalacticStorm
Abraxas is the opposite of Eternity, he only comes if Galactus dies, it isn't Galactus' own power.

That still goes along with me saying he's just as important as Eternity, but not as powerful.

agreed

whirlysplat

I agree with the first statement and the statement about import, however LP, its difficult to equate Galactus's power because he is not really abstract despite being one of the 5, At full power he is capapale of devouring the universe.

long pig
Abraxas was cool though, when I saw Galactus' skull falling to the earth....and the fire in the sky said "I am coming".

Awesomeness.

whirlysplat
Abraxas was cool though, when I saw Galactus' skull falling to the earth....and the fire in the sky said "I am coming".

Awesomeness.

I agree he was very cool smile

Looking forward to the Galaktus wave in the Ultimate Universe.

long pig
Have you seen the Ult.G?
It looks like he has like four heads, very odd.

whirlysplat
Have you seen the Ult.G?
It looks like he has like four heads, very odd.

No I haven't, or if I have it didn't register is there a pic on the web somewhere?

long pig
Eternity made Galactus, so it'd be odd if he made him as or more powerful than himself.

Here ya go.
http://www.newsarama.com/SDCC05/Marvel/ultimate/ULTEXT001_cov.jpg
Those are either heads, or a part of his equipment.

whirlysplat
I think its the equipment, they are sort of arthropod like, they have lots of feet. Where did you get that it looks genius.

long pig
newsarama.com

whirlysplat
newsarama.com

Its awesomesmile

the Darkone
Galactus Full powered is right under Etnerity, Death, Oblivion, Infinity and thats saying a lot about how powerful he is. The watchers one of the oldest races states that Galactus at full strength is powerful enough to destroyed the universe 10x. Galactus been stated to chgange his size at will I forgot which comic he was larger enough to dwarf a star "sun" in size.

Mider
if he can destroy the universe ten times over at full power thats like killing 10 eternityes how can he not be as powerful or more powerful then eternity and if the universe in the future was mentioned in 616 its totally possible and can happen thus full power galactus is beyond the celestials inculding exitar.

Diunic
A full-powered Galactus probably is beyond the Celestials. However is very difficult to find the big G with his full-power. He's still very inconsistent and his power has to much oscillations. Normal everyday Galactus is NOT above the Celestials.

the Darkone
Originally posted by Diunic
A full-powered Galactus probably is beyond the Celestials. However is very difficult to find the big G with his full-power. He's still very inconsistent and his power has to much oscillations. Normal everyday Galactus is NOT above the Celestials.

Normal Galactus is equal to One Above All and Arishem, Full Powered Galactus appeared in FF 337-340 killed all the cosmic abstracts incluing the Celestails home world with no problem. Galctus can match or become larger than any Celestails including Exitar who is 10,000 ft tall.

K Von Doom
Originally posted by K3VIL

This is kind of flawed reasoning. I would be surprised if I saw a mouse kill a cat but I wouldn't have trouble taking out said cat.

KillAll
the celestials dont have a homeworld... they had one in the secret wars. but that was because it was an illusion by the beyonder.

that was an alternate reality you keep talking about.

the Darkone
FF 337-340 Celestails do have home world, it has been mentioned in ither comics. I believe if they do have home world it might in a pocket universe that they created.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by K Von Doom
This is kind of flawed reasoning. I would be surprised if I saw a mouse kill a cat but I wouldn't have trouble taking out said cat.

You sure?

Cats can be pretty mean bastards when they get on the mood.

Pepito
Galactus is sort of hunger/desire personified. He can consume multiverses if he wants, so technically more powerful than Eternity. Abraxas is more powerful than Eternity also since LT couldn't beat him.

who?-kid
Galactus has too many bad showings, Celestials (all of them) are always very impressive.

And nobody knows exactly how strong a "full powered" Galactus is. But I do know he won't stay full powered forever, he needs energy/planets to eat. Exitar doesn't.

My vote definitely goes to Exitar.

the Darkone
Originally posted by who?-kid
Galactus has too many bad showings, Celestials (all of them) are always very impressive.

And nobody knows exactly how strong a "full powered" Galactus is. But I do know he won't stay full powered forever, he needs energy/planets to eat. Exitar doesn't.

My vote definitely goes to Exitar. if you read the threads it tells you, Galactus at full powered destroyed the universe in FF 337-340 including the Celestials he battled them and kill them Arishem, One Above All, Exitar, Black Celestial he killed them all at full powered even Eternity acknowledge how powerful he was.

APOCALYPSE NUR
This is a tricky one. Galactus was formed from the previous universe's version of eternity, and has a cool skirt. But, the Celestials are probably as old as the universe itself or older (we don't know), and the were the only ones able to contain the phoenix force back when the universe was young (granted, that was after Death, eternity, Galactus himself, and a bunch of others tried.). They don't have any skirts though.......I wish they di---HUH??? nevermind that last statement.

It's hard to say. And I the Earth X story doesn't count. It was the Richards Kid anyway.

who?-kid
if you read the threads it tells you, Galactus at full powered destroyed the universe in FF 337-340 including the Celestials he battled them and kill them Arishem, One Above All, Exitar, Black Celestial he killed them all at full powered even Eternity acknowledge how powerful he was.
I know only of one Galactus-Celestials fight, and that wasn't in continuity. So it doesn't count.

APOCALYPSE NUR
I don't think they would. They'd probably go to a cosmic coffee shop and politely discuss their differneces, then talk about the catharsis of the mother character in "Soldiers Home", or something like that. Then they'd dance:

"Now's the time on Sprockets when we dance!"

naww, I'm just kiddin' witcha.

who?-kid
Originally posted by APOCALYPSE NUR
I don't think they would. They'd probably go to a cosmic coffee shop and politely discuss their differneces
Cosmic bartender : so, what are you having ?
Galactus : just gimme the usual.
Cosmic bartender : one Skrull planet, coming up

the Darkone
Originally posted by who?-kid
I know only of one Galactus-Celestials fight, and that wasn't in continuity. So it doesn't count.

that was earth x, this took place in FF 337-340 it was alternate future. Galactus was full powered and he killed all of the abstracts.

APOCALYPSE NUR
Hey I mean, I don't think it would be shocking if he did. But it also wouldn't be shocking if Exitar beat him.

IT COULD GO EITHER WAY. MARVEL NEEDS TO MAKE THIS 616 SO WE CAN TALK ABOUT IT AND BE LIKE

"Hey! Did you see that fight where _______ beat _________?! It was cool and ________ won, but ______ held his own was taking him for a ride, I tell ya what!

APOCALYPSE NUR
On a related note: I bet Galactus would mention his name like,...all the time in a conversation:

"Galactus likes this coffee!
Galactus took scruffy for a walk today!
Galactus wears this head gear to keep his massive energies from eating Galactus!"

And people (like heralds) who are around him are like:

"aw, geez, he's like a bigger version of Bob Dole!"

darthgoober
Bumb

Mr Master
Galactus destroys Exitar at FP (whatever that means)

Even before reaching his so called Full Power, he was chomping down the Universe as a snack, and had he not stopped himself, the Multi-verse was going to follow as his dessert.

guy222
Galactus Full powered is right under Etnerity, Death, Oblivion, Infinity and thats saying a lot about how powerful he is. The watchers one of the oldest races states that Galactus at full strength is powerful enough to destroyed the universe 10x. Galactus been stated to chgange his size at will I forgot which comic he was larger enough to dwarf a star "sun" in size.

Galactus true form is a star, the Celestials have the power to destroy stars

Exitar>Galactus

guy222
Normal Galactus is equal to One Above All and Arishem, Full Powered Galactus appeared in FF 337-340 killed all the cosmic abstracts incluing the Celestails home world with no problem. Galctus can match or become larger than any Celestails including Exitar who is 10,000 ft tall.

Exitar is 20,000 ft. tall. We don't even know his true powers.

guy222
Originally posted by Pepito
Galactus is sort of hunger/desire personified. He can consume multiverses if he wants, so technically more powerful than Eternity. Abraxas is more powerful than Eternity also since LT couldn't beat him.

LT can't defeat Abraxas. I never knew that. LT is the most powerful being in Marvel. Sorry, my retcon friends. smile

LT>Eternity
LT>Death
LT>Celestials
LT>Galactus

Merry Christmas my new friends

guy222
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy

My vote definitely goes to Exitar.

Here's a Celestial fan like me big grin

guy222
Originally posted by APOCALYPSE NUR
This is a tricky one. Galactus was formed from the previous universe's version of eternity, and has a cool skirt. But, the Celestials are probably as old as the universe itself or older (we don't know), and the were the only ones able to contain the phoenix force back when the universe was young (granted, that was after Death, eternity, Galactus himself, and a bunch of others tried.). They don't have any skirts though.......I wish they di---HUH??? nevermind that last statement.

It's hard to say. And I the Earth X story doesn't count. It was the Richards Kid anyway.

I agree with you. The Celestials need a verified origin. They are immensely powerful.

guy222
Originally posted by guy222
I agree with you. The Celestials need a verified origin. They are immensely powerful.

thumb up yes

Darth Macabre
Wow....six straight posts.....Good Job thumbsup

the Darkone
Galactus eats him for dinner and desert.

guy222
Galactus eats him for dinner and desert.

Celestials work as one>>>>Galactus

the Darkone
Galactus pulls out the UN, which is apart of him. UN>>>> Celestails

Evangel94
Full powered Galactus (completely full and not hungry) is equal to Eternity.

Galactus wins if he's at full power.

Madvillain
no.

Priest
yes

guy222
Originally posted by Priest
yes

Celestials>>>Galactus

the Darkone
Originally posted by guy222
What the f**k?Celestials>>>Galactus

Galactus at full potentail is equal to Eternity, which is already been stated in comics. FP Galactus=Eternity>>>>> Celestails, Galactus pulls out the UN no more Celestails.

Ethereal
One celestial out of.....how many?

vs.

The balance of the universe.

G all the way.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.