Batman and Nightwing vs Amazo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dawsey28

So this fight already happened in comics and here is how it went down:

http://www.comicboards.com/comicbattles/view.php?trd=050729015439

Do you think that's logical or do you think the outcome would be different if they fought?

confused

dawsey28
http://jerome.galica.free.fr/dc%20comics/Batman/Batman-Black.gif and http://jerome.galica.free.fr/dc%20comics/Batman/robin/Nightwing---howie.gif vs http://jerome.galica.free.fr/dc%20comics/Jla/ennemis/amazo0.gif

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by dawsey28

So this fight already happened in comics and here is how it went down:

http://www.comicboards.com/comicbattles/view.php?trd=050729015439

Do you think that's logical or do you think the outcome would be different if they fought?

confused

That was ridiculous...even by comic standards.

skizo
That was really far fetched id say....I mean come on man

brainchild81
Wow! I never thought DC'd let small children write their flagship character's books. It's Batfanboy fuel. Plain and simple. Batman and Nightwing can beat an equivalent to Flash and Superman without Kryptonite now? That's bad comedy. Anybody who uses this battle as evidence for Batman or Nightwing in a VS thread is falling prey to fanboyism.

dawsey28
Not only that, but because of this, people will also use that against Amazo.

Anytime you have Amazo in a fight, then someone will say, "Oh, he was defeated by Batman and Nightwing. He's nothing." In fact, it has already happened at other forums.

brainchild81
Your defense can be, "That was bulls**t AND it was an older stripped down model or a stripped down prototype."

Amazo looks way cooler on the cartoon.

masterbruce
yeah they said that was a prototype or something

the amazo in the cartoon was TOO powerful I think, he just looks at someone and takes their powers

supremthor
wat the **** was that............who the **** did that comic.........that like watchind toad beat the living shit out of thor,Silver surfer and superman at the same time................u no wat **** that comic

supremthor
i just lostt a whole lotta respect to dc comics

Bludhaven Boy
Judd winick is a crappy writer, i don't understand why he gets so much hype. I choose to accept the events of the comic, but that must have been one cheap amazo someone ordered. If I had been writing, I never would have put those two against amazo with no prep. (Although I did like it in the Nail when Barry took him on his own.)

dawsey28
Don't loose respect for all of DC comics. There are still some good DC comics out there. Just loose respect for that writer.

Look on the first panel and see who the script writer is.

supermanprime
that was one of the worst things i have seen since wolverine beating lobo(i know fans pick that but should have been over ruled) my goodness there is a reason why i stop reading comics especially marvels but now i might take a hiatus from even looking at dc website for a while!!!!!!!

dawsey28
To be fair, that was a powered-down prototype and didn't even have seven member's powers. They just thought he did at the beginning.

Batman and Nightwing may as well have been fighting a robot with an eyebeam. Not that impressive really.

The Amazo in that book is nowhere near the power of JLA # 27's Amazo.

JLA

brainchild81
Don't loose respect for all of DC comics. There are still some good DC comics out there. Just loose respect for that writer.

Look on the first panel and see who the script writer is. Ditto. They should've stopped that from being printed though.
To be fair, that was a powered-down prototype and didn't even have seven member's powers. They just thought he did at the beginning.

Batman and Nightwing may as well have been fighting a robot with an eyebeam. Not that impressive really.

The Amazo in that book is nowhere near the power of JLA # 27's Amazo.
JLA Didn't he have Supes powers though?

dawsey28
Apparently not Superman's durability, if his leg exploded to the bone so easily and he was defeated that way. No bioshield that's for sure.

That Amazo showed no real feats except heat vision and maybe strength.

Here is the Amazo that I care about:

http://www.iwaynet.net/~sos/scans/JLA.jpeg

He owned 35 members of the JLA including Batman.

An actual challenge for the League. The only way they defeated him was by Superman disbanding the League. He has the powers of everyone in JLA. Whoever is a member, he has there powers.

After Superman disbanded the League, he no longer had any powers because no one was in the JLA.

spidermonkey
So who wins?

I don't think anyone answered the question.

MrHeavySilence
Originally posted by spidermonkey
So who wins?

I don't think anyone answered the question.

Obviously Amazo.

MrHeavySilence
I think if you guys can accept the fact that this was a watered-down version of Amazo, then this wasn't PIS. If this was the actual Amazo, there's no way Batman and Nightwing would survive even a few moments.

grey fox
That was the biggest pile of bullshit I've ever read...and I've read Predator versus Judge Dread

Amazo should have gone intangible (allowing the batarang to fall out) caught and break Nightwings arms (come on the guy has frikken flash speed, a peak human should be no problem) then he could just finish 'em off with a few blast's of heat vision.

spidermonkey
I swear that was like reading something written by the writer of The Life and Times of Juniper Lee. . blink .

Oh wait...

TricksterPriest
What the f**k? All I can say, is that must the bargain bin dumpster version of Amazo. I'll barely accept that fight even under those circumstances. That is batman jobber aura wankage at it's worst. no

Symmetric Chaos
Seems like a reasonable fight to me.

Personally I'm surprised Amazo lasted so long

dur

Batman-Prime
I think it was ok, Bats and Nightwing fought against an incomplete, flawed, weak, almost powerless, cheap version of an Amazo, and even sou they needed some time to take it down. This bot reminded me of the Terminator, nothing more nothing less, so it was a "good" fight wink.

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Seems like a reasonable fight to me.

Personally I'm surprised Amazo lasted so long

dur

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/pennywise2ba.gif

dawsey28
I swear that was like reading something written by the writer of The Life and Times of Juniper Lee. . blink .

Oh wait...

lol... good ole Judd Winick... laughing

spidermonkey

Oh wait...

lol... good ole Judd Winick... laughing

I wonder how many people got that joke. confused

dawsey28
I don't know. confused

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.