Iron Fist vs Captain America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

armandovalles
Iron Fist

VS

Captain America

In my opinion these 2 are in the top 5 for the greatest hand-to-hand fighters ever, so which one of these are better?

olympian
Pure skills ill give it a slight edge to Iron Fist.

Actual fight i go by what already happened in comics. its a stalemate.

leonidas
in the iron fist series cap was clearly the superior h2h. ironfist thought cap's style basic, but his speed and strength were too much for him. he hit cap with the iron fist which cap's shield took and cap got back up.

cap would win this fight.

olympian
Cap was physically superior yeah but not much as skillwise...

Even as physicall superior as he is, without that shield to help him to take on the iron fist he would have been pasted in the wall.

Scoobless
IF is by far a more skilled fighter... Cap (as you've said) is stronger and possibly faster.... but the skill edge IF has would win him the majority of fights with Cap

leonidas
<<Even as physicall superior as he is, without that shield to help him to take on the iron fist he would have been pasted in the wall.>>

but he ALWAYS has the shield. to say, 'well id cap DIDN'T have the shield . . .' makes no sense.

<<IF is by far a more skilled fighter... Cap (as you've said) is stronger and possibly faster.... but the skill edge IF has would win him the majority of fights with Cap>>

not according to if #12, and not 'possibly' faster. quite a lot fatser - at least according to fist himself. (i'd scan it, but that's a good issue and i don't want to fetch it) until fist used his chi cap was slaughtering him without effort. fist even had a sneak attack and cap caught his fist! and are you trying to say cap ISN'T an accomplished martial artist? he knows everyway to fight. many of his oppoents are enormously accomplished h2h fighters - batroc, crossbones, he's whooped daredevil, red skull, . . . even bats admitted in the x-over (yah, yah, not cannon, but SOMEONE thinks cap is pretty accomplished!) how can fist get A win, let alone 'wins' when he won't even be able to HIT cap?

Scoobless
of course he'll be able to hit Cap....Scorpion is much faster than Cap and Iron Fist blocked his attacks, hit him a few times, then shattered his tail....Fist is much more skilled than Cap

leonidas
<<of course he'll be able to hit Cap....Scorpion is much faster than Cap and Iron Fist blocked his attacks, hit him a few times, then shattered his tail....Fist is much more skilled than Cap>>

much more skilled?? i suppose we'll have to agree to disagree. i am curious why you think so though. honestly scoob - have you seen that issue i'm referencing? cap kicked his ass. literally fist could not hit him. daredevil has fought fist to a stalemate and cap has easily beaten dd in the past. fist is second tier - cap is top tier.

Scoobless
Originally posted by leonidas
much more skilled?? i suppose we'll have to agree to disagree. i am curious why you think so though.

well fist is said to know all forms of martial arts plus the styles of K'un L'un (spell?)

Cap may be faster but Fist out-classes him in terms of skill

leonidas
<<Cap may be faster but Fist out-classes him in terms of skill>>

so, because he learned in k'un l'un he's better than cap? sorry scoob, not buying it. cap has tons more experience, has fought all manner of martial artists and has his shield. imho cap outclasses fist in all areas.

dvampire
I don't think so. Iron Fist held his own against Black Panther, and was even able to rip threw his suit. It will be a long fight, but I think Iron Fist whould come out being the winner.

ssj4_GOGETA
Captain America will PWN Iron Fist

armandovalles
no way. IF's iron fist attack would probly kill Cap in one hit if Cap doesnt get his shield up. But even if Cap does he'll have to stop the offense to put his shield up and i bet IF would be able to get around his shield sooner or later and eventually pummel him.

leonidas
using the iron fist (usually, if written correctly) weakens danny for a time after. if he uses it twice, he's literally spent. cap easily blocked it in the past - though he was sent flying, got up unharmed and was ready to go. not sure if you guys are overestimating fist or underestimating cap.

cdtm
*Bump*

Lets just use Iron Fist as he was up to 2005, because I want to see a proper argument..

Pretty surprised after Leo admitted to Danny being wiped out after using the Iron Fist once or twice, that someone didn't call him out on the fact Danny used his Iron Fist once or twice before that Cap fight he's referencing..

I guess the Church or Rand wasn't established yet on KMC. big grin

zopzop
America Force vs Martial Arts PISforce? America Force ftw.

JuggernautMania
Captain America

leonidas
Originally posted by cdtm
*Bump*

Lets just use Iron Fist as he was up to 2005, because I want to see a proper argument..

Pretty surprised after Leo admitted to Danny being wiped out after using the Iron Fist once or twice, that someone didn't call him out on the fact Danny used his Iron Fist once or twice before that Cap fight he's referencing..

I guess the Church or Rand wasn't established yet on KMC. big grin

pfft. he did use it, but at the time it seemed to only weaken him for a short while, and its effects on danny weren't terribly consistent either. he was fine when he tackled cap imo. he even tried a sneak shot and got busted. cap flat out schooled him in that issue. all the IF did was p!ss cap off more. that's not to say that that version of danny didn't have some great feats--some speed and skill feats at least as good as cap's for sure--but when it came right down to it mano-e-mano, cap displayed his superiority and i can't see that changing. btw, that was back when danny was ACTUALLY cool.....

carver9
Cap wins. Can someone post the fight Leo is referencing.

carver9
Ok, I just read the fight. Cap was stomping him but there was one instance where Cap asked himself why would Ironfist pull his punch. Ironfist admitted Cap was superior though.

cdtm
Originally posted by carver9
Ok, I just read the fight. Cap was stomping him but there was one instance where Cap asked himself why would Ironfist pull his punch. Ironfist admitted Cap was superior though.

Did you read the issue before that? Danny also just fought the Wrecking Crew, and used an Iron Fist already.

And as for statements... eh, Cap also called Danny maybe as good as good as Mantis, but that Mantis level isn't good enough (against him).

Lets be real, no one on Earth is as good as Mantis. Sounds like Claremont was trying to justify a close fight with his pet C lister past the editors with some wankery language. *Shrugs*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.