F.e.a.r

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
This game looks really, really good. Check it out: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/fear/index.html?tag=mp_2to9

cool

Kumar
meh, looks pretty cool. i like SPEC OPS games so this should be promising

SnakeEyes
Here's a link directly to the screenshots just in case anyone was too lazy/dumb to see them...

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/fear/screenindex.html

Kumar
WHAO!!!! those are some F-ed up screen shots. liek the one of the guy disintegrating. or that one with the tunnel of fire and the little girl at the end. i have a feeling this is gonna be a very mind tripping game.

SnakeEyes
Hopefully it will have a good plot/story to go with those kickass screenshots...

MrBones
it does look pretty good...thanks for the heads up

SnakeEyes
No problem... smokin'

Smasandian
There's a demo out now. Check fileplanet. Im getting insane dl seeds. Should be playiing it in a hour or so.

SnakeEyes
Awesome! You gotta come back to KMC and let me know how it is... (Because my PC currently can't run games)

Smasandian
Its awesome.

Its a cross between Doom 3 and Half Life (somewhat). It looks like it has the scariness of Doom while it has the atmosphere of Half Life, with a bit of counterstrike, Max Payne and Halo combined.
The AI is pretty good, the graphics are top notch with bullet effects, rag doll physics, pretty good reallife physics (but not hl2 physics), and a pretty cool bullet time thingy.
The story looks promising in the 5 minutes I played. All in all, it looks like a pretty awesome game.
But its only a demo so hopefully the action doesnt get repitive.

SnakeEyes
Wow! It looks like this game might even exceed my expectations. If it mixes elements of Halo, Max Payne, Half-Life, Doom, and Counterstrike I can't really see where it would go wrong (unless it truly is repettitive).

Smasandian
Yeppers.

Its soo funny though how much Half Life has done for FPS

Smasandian
The demo is really short, but from what I saw, its going to be challenging and freaky as hell.

They go for the shock value in this one. Walking down a corridor and the lights turn off, turn around, and you see the little girl walking towards you. Everything is white, then the corridor is white with blood for a ceiling and its dripping down the walls. This is what it will be like throughout the whole game.

I have a feeling this will be the best shooter this year (they're arnt many), and maybe even best game (unless RE4 takes it)

DanZeke25
sucks its not for consoles though. I dont play on the PC.

Smasandian
Oh well.

PC is the best for shooters, your missing out.

SnakeEyes
I'm already super-excited for this game... And yes, PC is by far the best for shooters...

DanZeke25
I no, but i like using a controller. sad And dont you need graphics cards just to have the right graphics?

DanZeke25
Sorry, i cant edit, but I think Prey will be the best. Its for the 360 and PC. It looks so awesome. And its different and original.

RedAlertv2
I think Ill get the demo, cuz this game looks bitchin

Smasandian
Originally posted by DanZeke25
I no, but i like using a controller. sad And dont you need graphics cards just to have the right graphics?

Yes, but thats usual for a computer game.
You gotta pay for the best gameplay available (for FPS)

Sibry
F.E.A.R is amazing! I just love the bit where the girl walks on the blood ceiling and she's just laughing away with the blood footprints on the floor. This is by far the first game that puts the F.E.A.R in me. It just drips with atmosphere.

For a 15 minute wander around a game, I left with that oppressive Doom3 *oh bugger, do i really want to put myself through this tension*.

Which is a good thing.

The bit with the ladder, i'll say no more .... is so completely fantastic!!! What a great idea! What a completely imasculating thing to do. Christ, I needed new pants after that bit.

The physics rock, but like it has been mentioned already, the collision at very slow speed at close quarters is too harsh. i.e. brushing a body will result in a horrendous rustle of cloth (not good with little scary girls around).

A.I. felt good. And the spawning of aforementioned was subtley random, keeping me on my toes, as i HATE replaying sections on single player.

Weps are good so far. The particle cannon thingy uses some lovely graphical space-warping, as do the nades (although they seem far too screeny-friendly and not as enjoyable real-time). The particle cannon makes a lovely metallic sound when it shifts the reticule into zoom. I found my virtual hands grasping the stock of this weapon like it weighed more than the others. It is akin to a Quake2 rail in impact and damage, but leans towards a static sniping wep by virtue of the gameplay.

The automatics are reasurringly frenetic, which allows F.E.A.R.'s mad physics to play havoc on your pc. I'm looking forward to multiplayer. I have a feeling it will be a regular haunt when i've got friends over and when Battlefield2 makes my eyes bleed ... too much.

The game reminds me of Doom3 for tension and atmosphere. It's much cleverer. Or perhaps, uses a storyline that has more than one ingredient. It may prove to be a fantastic game, but only if the story carries it. You can only pull so many little girl tricks out of the hat before the hat gets old. And the danger is, F.E.A.R. may only be a two-trick pony, like Doom3 but with an extra trick.

I will certainly but this game.

Very Good single player demo.

SnakeEyes
Oh yes, I will be "butting" this game as well... sorry... couldn't resist. But, I will be buying it as well.

Smasandian
Yah, I do agree that it might be a one trick pony.

I think the weapons arent as powerful as the should be. They all feel the same to me, with no difference between the MP5 or the assult rifle. The other two I used felt kinda of useless considering the armour they have on them. Also, the enemy looks like its just going to be the spec ops characters with nothing else. They're seems to me they're wont be any different things like mutants or something or another. They might have tougher spec ops characters, but nothing else. that might be its downfall with repetition.
The physics engine is cool, but not nearly as complete as HL2.

I just wish they're is a sprint button. After HL2, Doom 3 and especially Battlefield 2, I need that sprint button.

Spartan005
Wow... I can't believe no one made a thread on this game yet. I played the demo a couple of days ago and I have to say, I'm not even a fan of survival horror games... but this game was awesome. The weapons were amazing, the AI are brilliant, and the slow motion sequences are incredible. And on top of that, that freaky little girl scared the crap out of me! eek!

Who else has played this game??? eek!

Smasandian
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=358493&highlight=FEAR+forumid%3A66

There is also another FEAR Demo thread too.

But... its a sweet game...anybody who is reading this....if you want to try out the game, get FEAR Combat...its the free version of FEAR's MP.

Spartan005
Damnit... stupid search system....

Whatever, its still cool eek!

BackFire
It was my favorite game last year, and probably the most fun single player FPS I've played since the original half life, just so intense and fun, loved every minute of it.

SaTsuJiN
they released FEAR Combat.. which is a free multiplayer component of fear available to all

www.joinfear.com

S.G
I have the game its really cool but I shit myself. laughing

If anyone wants I can get some screen shots. Anyone want to see some ?

thegreatrudini
bought and completed cool game

FistOfThe North
I played the F.E.A.R. expansion pak, -all the way through- which I'm assuming is exactly like F.E.A.R. (the game) or better. I forget what it's called. Something like "extermination"

It was ok. It had "Half-Life" like graphics and physics but "Half-Life" was better overall. It's basically the haunted/spooky version of "Half-Life".

The only thing I liked about F.E.A.R. was the realism in the actual gunfire. The way the bullets and it's trajectory physically looked and acted. But everything else I've seen before.

I won't be getting F.E.A.R. or it's expansion pak.

"Crysis" is the game that'll raise the bar higher, significantly and noticeably in this post "Half-Life" era. "Crysis", what I consider a "Next Gen", will do what "Half-Life" did when it came out, but on a higher level.

Wait for it.

Burning thought
yeah Crysis looks awsome....droolio

awsome graphs, weapons, vehicles and big freakin aliens

crazy_shadow
360 version has new guns!!!

better AI too...

plus on the pc version ive always had the problem killing some enemies, like shooting htme in the head did nothing or sometimes u wasted a whole 2 clips on the same guy b4 he died. now they made it where 1 headshot = kill and they actually die worthy to an ammount of shots from a gun

J-Beowulf
Originally posted by Sibry
F.E.A.R is amazing! I just love the bit where the girl walks on the blood ceiling and she's just laughing away with the blood footprints on the floor. This is by far the first game that puts the F.E.A.R in me. It just drips with atmosphere.

The bit with the ladder, i'll say no more .... is so completely fantastic!!! What a great idea! What a completely imasculating thing to do. Christ, I needed new pants after that bit.

Oh, God, those parts made it VERY difficult for me to sleep that night. It was so well done! I really want this game, the demo was incredible and just reinforces how much I want this game!

It's also the only game besides Doom 3 that has ever actually scared me.

Spartan005
Originally posted by J-Beowulf
Oh, God, those parts made it VERY difficult for me to sleep that night. It was so well done! I really want this game, the demo was incredible and just reinforces how much I want this game!

It's also the only game besides Doom 3 that has ever actually scared me.

laughing Yeah, I know... that part made me shit my pants

crazy_shadow
fear, doom3, and silent hill2 are the only games that ever gave me scare :P

SaTsuJiN
I loves me a good scary game >_<... condemned was pretty good.. it fell under the category of a more realistic scare.... being afraid of people who are just plain psychotic

Smasandian
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
I played the F.E.A.R. expansion pak, -all the way through- which I'm assuming is exactly like F.E.A.R. (the game) or better. I forget what it's called. Something like "extermination"

It was ok. It had "Half-Life" like graphics and physics but "Half-Life" was better overall. It's basically the haunted/spooky version of "Half-Life".

The only thing I liked about F.E.A.R. was the realism in the actual gunfire. The way the bullets and it's trajectory physically looked and acted. But everything else I've seen before.

I won't be getting F.E.A.R. or it's expansion pak.

"Crysis" is the game that'll raise the bar higher, significantly and noticeably in this post "Half-Life" era. "Crysis", what I consider a "Next Gen", will do what "Half-Life" did when it came out, but on a higher level.

Wait for it.

Your missing out on the original FEAR game. It's an excellent and much better than the FEAR expansion pack. I wouldnt be surpraised if you can pick it up for cheap, but you should definitly check it out.

Yeah, Sats, I really enjoyed Condemended. It was somewhat simplisitic but somethign about Monolith games make them so fun for me. Maybe its the story narrative, but Ive enjoyed pretty much all of thier FPS's. Favourite developer oustide of Valve.

crazy_shadow
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
I loves me a good scary game >_<... condemned was pretty good.. it fell under the category of a more realistic scare.... being afraid of people who are just plain psychotic

i took condemned back the first day i got it. i got through like 2-3 chapters and it didn't give me the littlest scare sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.