Attack of the Clones Reviews - Put em here!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Master Kai
Hiya all, Master Kai Paedwen here. Im new to the forum but saw the movie today (and its awesome) and thought it would be a good idea to do my first post as a review thread where everybody can put their AOTC reviews to be read.

Here I go (spoiler alert possibility):

STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES
Director: George Lucas
Starring: Ewan Mcgregor, Natalie Portman, Hayden Christensen, Samuel L Jackson, Frank Oz, Christopher Lee,
Running time (approx): 2hr 20minutes

Star Wars is back and looking better than ever. The first thing I have to mention is dont listen to people who give this film a bad write up, ignore them and go see it as soon as you can.
At the risk of contradicting myself, I have to admit that I can see why some people were disappointed in it, and to start off with, I felt heavy disappointment at the film and prayed to god that it would get better. Fortunately for me, it did, by huge amounts.

The acting is nowhere near as bad as people made it out to be. Sure, some of the love scenes are a bit over the top, but nowhere near to the extent as they were pointed out to be. Hayden Christensen, the newcomer on the scene, proves himself a worthy actor and handles the role of Anakin well. The beautiful Natalie Portman, reprising her role of Padme Amidala is now and again slightly wooden, but once again, nowhere near as bad as she was made out to be.

The special effects are just absolutely fabulous, without a doubt the most impressive I have ever seen in a film in my life and just shows off how potent ILM have become when it comes to cinematic FX. Episode II will surely stand out as ILM's biggest achievement so far and they deserve an Oscar for the unrivalled standard of effects on EVERYTHING in the film including enemies, characters, landscapes etc.

One of the most impressive examples of this is Yoda. Gone are the days of Frank Oz's puppets and in are the fantastic computer generated little green Jedi masters. Yoda is without a doubt my favourite character in the film as we get to see much more of him, including seeing exactly why he is the master in a blazing battle with Count Dooku. His animations are absolutely fabulous and it is a joy to see him in a scene.

The storyline has again been exaggerated by the critics who are obviously not clever enough or sharp enough to understand it despite its continual explanation by Obi Wan or Dooku. It brings across the full treachery of the republic and the sith, and that of sidious and dooku's alliance, and how they have effectively planned the entire clone wars to give the chancellor (sidious/palpatine) emergancy powers using the uncertain Jar Jar Binks to declare this on behalf of Naboo.

The return of C-3PO and R2-D2 brings an echo from the original trilogy into the film. Dont get me wrong, it is a welcome one, and there are some truly funny moments with them (R2-D2 knocking 3PO off the platform just immediately makes you think of Return of the Jedi), but after a while the gags become less funny and more like poor jokes, such as C3PO's "this is such a drag" when his head is being dragged by R2, or when his head is dumped next to his body and he says "I am completely beside myself" and of course we have the whole thing with his head being put on a droids body which became rather farcical. Still fun though.

There were a couple of disappointments, such as the slightly over the top love scenes, the silly C3PO head thing and the fight between Obi Wan and Jango, which would have been brilliant if it wasn't so short, but nothing major that you can hold against the film.

Overall, the film is a triumph and definately worthy of the title of Star Wars. I dont think it quite lived up to its own hype, but nothing ever can. There will always be two opinions on the film, but in my opinion it is a typical star wars film: fun, action packed with an involving storyline and fantastic special effects, and I wouldnt have it any other way.

Final Verdict: 9/10

master harmax
Hello Master Kai ! Welcome !

He-Man
Here's my review:

10/10

Ushgarak
Closing this; we already have threads for this in both this area and the movie review area.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.