Sidious sent the visions?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Delta 62
This is something I've been thinking about the past couple days. It seems possible to me that it was Sidious sending the visions of Padme to Anakin. I know in a few novels, Dark Side users sent nightmares and dreams to underlings and stuff, like Kueller did. Sidious had to have some sort of initiative for Anakin to turn, other than a promise of "a power greater than any Jedi."

One thing that brought this to mind was how Sidious knew exactly what was troubling Anakin. I doubt it was the Force showing him the future, because Padme didn't exactly end up like she did in the visions. I've left out a couple reasons..and I haven't exactly phrased this the way I wanted to, but I imagine most will understand. But it does seem more likely that it was Sidious sending the visions.. opinions?

mysterio69
EU as a reference! cripes! i'm outta here!scared

General Bondius
I really dont think so, what Anakin saw actaully happened, I think Sidious just took advantage of it, but didnt generate them himself.

JKozzy
Without EU as a reference or an influence, I've thought the same exact thing.

Delta 62
I added the EU reference as an example.

Jedi Priestess
erm no........Im not seeing this folks.....

PVS
cant anyone grasp the idea of fate?
padme was destined to die young.

notice how the vision changed.
first she was crying for anakin, and later the vision changes,
and we see obiwan. if anakin had allowed events to unfold as they may,
he would have been by her side when she died.

through anakin's actions based on the vision,
the events leading to her fate were changed, but her fate remains constant.
the point is that there was nothing he could have done to save her,
and that he should have accepted that.

Jedi Priestess
Now see Ive often wondered if Anakin hadnt done the boogie down the dark side path that perhaps he could have saved Padme.

PVS
i think the whole point is that ultimately fate is concrete.
you can control destiny, but once the future is clearly seen, thats what will happen. there really isnt much to back this up, because they really dont go into visions very much, but palpatine saw that luke would seek out vader and that vader would bring luke him....etc. in fact, all of palpatines visions came true.

when luke asks about han and leia "will they die", yoda could not see. this is because the outcome of that was still "in motion" as he would put it. so from what i see, when a jedi/sith clearly sees the future, then that future is no longer in motion, and concrete.

thats why i believe that since anakin saw her dying, padme was fated to die, and there was nothing anakin could do.

Nactous
Maybe they came true because he made them happen.

chinabing
I thought it was weird that in all the Star Wars movies, this was the first time we actually saw a dream. Dreams seems to be the downfall of those Skywalker kids.

"Control your destiny"? That's a oxymoron; destiny is not something you control.

PVS
fine, how about 'accept' or 'embrace'...etc?

anakin denied his destiny. therefore he had control over it, in that he could refuse to accept and embrace it. same for luke. sure, there are some who say it was all predetermined, but thats quite a lame idea.

but fate is fate. that, they had no control over. padme was fated to die. nothing could have been done to prevent it. its a rather overused plot, but still works. a person forsees the future and does everything they can to stop it, but rather than stopping it, they manage to actually be the cause of it. and when the credits roll we're left thinking "if they had done nothing would it have turned out different?" i think the logical answer is 'no'. instead, by becoming directly involved in it they doom themselves to be part of the cause.

Captain REX
PVS is mostly correct, except for one thing.

YODA: Always in motion, the future is...

Sidious did not send the visions, Anakin had them. He could have prevented them, much as Luke forsaw his friends dying, but he did not.

PVS
Originally posted by Captain REX
PVS is mostly correct, except for one thing.

YODA: Always in motion, the future is...

Sidious did not send the visions, Anakin had them. He could have prevented them, much as Luke forsaw his friends dying, but he did not.

but yoda couldnt see whether or not han and leia would die. the reason he couldnt see is because that particular future was still in motion (so i translate).
from anakin's vision, we clearly see padme dying. i think thats why GL shows the audience his vision...to tell us "padme WILL die...but HOW?". anakin's folly is in that he thinks he can control her fate and stop her from dying, as he hoped to do with his mother. (i refer to him wanting to be able to stop her from dying after she was brutalised by the sandpeople.)

remember, anakin did not see his mother's death, only knew that she was in pain. her future was in motion as well. he could have gone to tatooine earlier and saved her.

thats what i firmly believe, knowing how influenced GL is by old fashion sci-fi and that whole plot reeks of a twilight zone episode i cant quite place my finger on. its a very used plot, like i said.

what im basically saying is that certain elements of the future seem to not be in motion. or else, anakin would seem justified in trying to change padme's fate.

also, remember how yoda instructs anakin to accept the loss to come. he too implies that if anakin sees the person's death, that it will happen and there's nothing that can be done

((The_Anomaly))
I agree with PVS on this one.

no sids didnt give anakin visions, he DID have them, and it was fate for all the events to take place.

PVS
well, i wouldnt say ALL the events, but rather the single event of padme's death. in other words, if anakin killed sidious and stayed on the good side, she still would have died. had he turned evil but decided NOT to force choke her, she still would have died. had he decided to just run away from her, sidious, and the jedi and join the circus, she still would have died. that sort of thing.

((The_Anomaly))
I just think it was destiny for ALL of everything to happen, in order to bring balance to the force. right from when Qui-gon meets Anakin, right to when Anakin kills palpatine, I think it all was meant to be.

PVS
what i think is that fate and destiny are separate.
destiny involves a choice: accept or refuse.
fate is...fate. solid and unalterable. etched in stone.

thats my line of thinking on the subject and why i believe what i say here.

Nactous
Originally posted by chinabing
I thought it was weird that in all the Star Wars movies, this was the first time we actually saw a dream. Dreams seems to be the downfall of those Skywalker kids.

"Control your destiny"? That's a oxymoron; destiny is not something you control.

I see it as, you cant control your fate, but you have the option to fulfill your destiney. With destiney you have choice.

Captain REX
According to the dictionary...

Destiny - The inevitable or necessary fate to which a particular person or thing is destined

Nactous
You can still fail your destiney.

Captain REX
Not according to the dictionary.

PVS
According to the dictionary...

Destiny - The inevitable or necessary fate to which a particular person or thing is destined

well thank you mr. webster stick out tongue
if you want to get realistic, there is no such thing as destiny anyway

in cinema, destiny is a matter of choice. you can either accept or deny it, but not alter it. now lets not continue to mix reality with star wars stick out tongue

Captain REX
Mr. Webster? W00t, I'm Dictionary Man! zorro

But I like reality, it keeps me from trying to rob banks with a plastic lightsaber... stick out tongue

Nactous
Not according to the dictionary.

"Oh, big man with the dictionary."

~Sir Mist~
Dude, shut up erm

DarthLazious
Yes he did.

Captain REX
Originally posted by Nactous
"Oh, big man with the dictionary."

Damn straight.

amity75
I don't think Sidious did. Anakin had already seen some future events like his mother being in trouble etc. I think it was just a gift he had. Just like when Luke saw his chums in trouble in TESB. THAT wasn't sidious's doing.

Delta 62
As for what Jedi Priestess said..Anakin was doomed to follow the dark path one way or another. Even if the situation with Padme hadn't turned him, something else would have. BUT..if somehow Anakin never turned..it would have been interesting to see what happened with Padme. She would have had a will to live, and I seriously doubt she'd die in childbirth. With the technology to build a moon sized battle station..I'm sure they could save a woman from that situation.

allofyousuckkk
the only reason padme died was because anakin force chokedher and dropped her causing her to go into premature labor. He was seeing the future andn by trying to change it he in fact caused it to happen

PVS
"allofyousuckkk"

i smell a sock. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.