Lucas reveals early details of new Star Wars ventures

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Duffy
ok not too much to go on here but hey its a taster...

Details of 'Star Wars' projects revealed
Tuesday, August 2 2005, 09:54 BST -- by Daniel Saney

George Lucas has revealed details of the two upcoming Star Wars TV series, reports Variety.

Speaking at the annual Siggraph computer graphics conference in Los Angeles yesterday he announced that Lucasfilm has already begun work on both an animated and a live action series.

The animated show, Clone Wars, will be developed at Lucas Animation's Singapore branch. "It's a way for me to get my foot into anime, which I like," he revealed.

He went on to say that he aims to be particularly cost-effective in making the live-action series. He explained: "we're going do something that would normally cost ($20 million-$30 million) and try to do it for $1 million," adding that it would be shot with a normal Sony digital camera system.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds23130.html

I must admit i'd kinda like him to just leave it alone now, but hey ill of course be tuning in all the same...
dont let us down George! mad

PVS
oh great, so now we get to see the animated version of what we should have seen in ep2 messed

who cares now?

Darth Nauj
eh old news...

The Ones
yes

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by PVS
oh great, so now we get to see the animated version of what we should have seen in ep2 messed

who cares now?

I dont really know what you mean...

we should have seen what?

the clone wars??? Eps II is more Anakins falling in love and the start of his decent to the darkside, the clone wars is secondary.

the PT is afterall, a story about anakin.

Anakin2Vader
Originally posted by PVS

who cares now?

I kinda agree, if we are going to get new Star Wars it should be all new storylines and material in my opinion

Captain REX
Well, news to me. Sounds like he's going to try and be cheap with the show.

JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by Darth_Duffy
ok not too much to go on here but hey its a taster...

Details of 'Star Wars' projects revealed
Tuesday, August 2 2005, 09:54 BST -- by Daniel Saney

George Lucas has revealed details of the two upcoming Star Wars TV series, reports Variety.

Speaking at the annual Siggraph computer graphics conference in Los Angeles yesterday he announced that Lucasfilm has already begun work on both an animated and a live action series.

The animated show, Clone Wars, will be developed at Lucas Animation's Singapore branch. "It's a way for me to get my foot into anime, which I like," he revealed.

He went on to say that he aims to be particularly cost-effective in making the live-action series. He explained: "we're going do something that would normally cost ($20 million-$30 million) and try to do it for $1 million," adding that it would be shot with a normal Sony digital camera system.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds23130.html

I must admit i'd kinda like him to just leave it alone now, but hey ill of course be tuning in all the same...
dont let us down George! mad

I've known since a friend of mine went to Celibration 3... Lucas said it himself then!

jedijunky1138
There is nothing out about a story line yet. Where is all the speculation about timelines and plots comming from? We just need to wait and see.

JLRTENJAC
Clone wars has ben out for awhile. And GL himself said this news about the TV series at Celibration 3. No I didn't go, My friend did, and told me all about it... OH AND IF THERE IS A GUY NAMED... UM I THINK IT IS BILL WHO HELPED THE CONWAYS AT CELIBRATION 3 PM ME PLEASE!

Captain REX
Stop typing in caps PLEASE. stick out tongue

~Sir Mist~
Originally posted by Darth_Duffy

Shame on him. It'll end up looking like some fanfilm. Whats next, he'll fire the sound department and everyone has to make their own lightsaber sounds when they swing it?

Ken Kenobi
"CELIBRATION" is spelled Celebration. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Shouldn't this be in EU where there are already about 5 threads on the topic?

~Sir Mist~
If somebody still had their mod powers....diva

Ken Kenobi
*kicks Mist*

I refuse to call you sir.

~Sir Mist~
Thats ok, Im changing my name anyway...

darth-yoda
ken kenobie how did u lose ur super speical awsome fatasticaly fantastic god like mod powers

Darth Hawkeye
Didnt they make a clone wars series cartoon network.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.