Olympus vs Asgard - WAR!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

armandovalles
OLYMPUS:
Zeus
Hercules
Pluto
Ares
Hermes
Apollo
Hephaestus
Neptune
Hippolyta
Gaea
Wonder Woman (i know she's DC, but she's still an Olympian Amazon)

VS

ASGARD:
Odin
Thor
Loki
Thunderstrike
Balder
Fandral
Beta Ray Bill
Hogun the Grim
Sif
Enchantress
Thor Girl

Who wins?

xmeat
asgard

Faceman
Olympus

guy222
Originally posted by armandovalles
OLYMPUS:
Zeus
Hercules
Pluto
Ares
Hermes
Apollo
Hephaestus
Neptune
Hippolyta
Gaea

VS

ASGARD:
Odin
Thor
Loki
Thunderstrike
Balder
Fandral
Beta Ray Bill
Hogun the Grim
Sif
Enchantress
Thor Girl

Who wins?

Gaea is Thor's Mom. She wins alone

xmeat
gea shouldn't be on the list she's been apart of olympus and asgard.

Faceman
Originally posted by xmeat
gea shouldn't be on the list she's been apart of olympus and asgard. They still win without her....

guy222
gea shouldn't be on the list she's been apart of olympus and asgard.

Mother Earth>Odin. Easily

Faceman
The Olympians have at least 5 top tiers, they win...

xmeat
Originally posted by Faceman
The Olympians have at least 5 top tiers, they win... so does asgard

Faceman
so does asgard Name them, and lets compare....

tiakocom
the Greek gods are just that Greek gods in every sense, the norse gods are not gods. the way i see it the true immortals will prevails at the end wink

Faceman
Originally posted by tiakocom
the Greek gods are just that Greek gods in every sense, the norse gods are not gods. the way i see it the true immortals will prevails at the end wink thumb up

bigbran
Name them, and lets compare.... Thor.
Loki.
Balder.
Beta Ray Bill.
Thunderstrike.
Enchantress.
Thor Girl...

Destroyer should be there...
Also, where's Kratos?

Faceman
Originally posted by bigbran
Thor.
Loki.
Balder.
Beta Ray Bill.
Thunderstrike.
Enchantress.
Thor Girl...

Destroyer should be there...
Also, where's Kratos? To many characters for this battle, so why dont you pick the top five...

nvrbeenwthagirl
Geae is a greek God of myth. not a norse God.

bigbran
To many characters for this battle, so why dont you pick the top five... Odin.
Thor.
BRB.
Loki.
Thunderstrike.

That was just a quick glance though...

bigbran
Geae did have intimate relations with Odin though...

bigbran
F*cking triple post...

Anyway, Geae could beat about everyone on Asgard's side...

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Geae is a greek God of myth. not a norse God.

But in Marvel she's a general earth goddess.

Faceman
Geae is a greek God of myth. not a norse God. Yeah, she's on the Olympus team...

xmeat
thor girls a major player she hade power that rivaled odin.

Faceman
Originally posted by bigbran
Odin.
Thor.
BRB.
Loki.
Thunderstrike.

That was just a quick glance though...

1. Odin = Zues
2. Thor > Ares
3. BRB < Pluto
4. Loki > Neptune
5. Thunderstrike < WonderWoman( eek! )

3 to 3 tie, we may have to add more to this fight.... confused

xmeat
god of thunder smites god of war.

Hulk rules all
The Greek gods would destroy the Asgardians anywhere, anytime, everytime.

xmeat
Originally posted by Hulk rules all
The Greek gods would destroy the Asgardians anywhere, anytime, everytime. laughing laughing bullshit this is marvel greeks too so they especially lose.

bigbran
Originally posted by Hulk rules all
The Greek gods would destroy the Asgardians anywhere, anytime, everytime. Seriously... what is your problem with Thor... it's disgusting really...
You know nothing of Thor, and yet, your hate is redicules.

hunbu04
why is loki > neptune when neptune is a pluto level being with his own realm

Bol Gath
Even though Odin and Zeus are said to be roughly equal, I have never seen Zeus do anything even close to the impressive power-displays of Odin. Hence Odin is far above Zeus IMO. Sure feat-wars are lame, but what other evidence is there to use.

However: This fight is a good one but I give my vote to the asgardians.

hunbu04
are you saying zeus creating life is not impressive

manorastroman
olympus, due to the fact that ares seems to be greater than thor, and that hades and poseidon are but a smidge under skyfather themselves (at least according to myth).

Soljer
This isn't as bad a fight as some people are making it out to be, but I'd throw this one to the Olympians as well.

Ethereal
Is Hela also with the Asgardians? She should be there, as well as Valkyrie.

xmeat
people are forgeting that the thread starter made this marvel greeks he even said wonder woman is dc but what the hell.

hunbu04
marvel Ares is now very powerful, marvel zeus create Taylor Madison just so hera could fall in his trap, the guy created life for heaven sick, Pluto is a very uber powerful death god just under skyfather and Neptune is his equal. Don't forget that when hercules is angry he is a beast and don't hold back as we saw in civil war when a angry mortal hercules blew through she hulk, doc samson, and spiderman like they where nothing and in civil war 7 he split clor in two with his own hammer like it was nothing

draxx_tOfU
olympus...

besides, have we seen gaea fight?

she ran away from set and cthon to call on atum, how do we know she beats all the asgardians?...

imo, olympus wins this, as olympians are individually much stronger than asgardians, not to mention they have diana...

imo only...

xmeat
thor girls a major player she hade power that rivaled odin.

Lord S
Geae is a greek God of myth. not a norse God. In Marvel continuity she is not tied down to any one pantheon. She is known as a different goddess to different races of gods. (Thor #301)

HandOfFate
Originally posted by Lord S
In Marvel continuity she is not tied down to any one pantheon. She is known as a different goddess to different races of gods. (Thor #301)

True. Not only is she Thor's mother (Jord), she is also Zues, Plutos and Neptune's grandmother. (IIRC)

Board Walker
Originally posted by Bol Gath
Even though Odin and Zeus are said to be roughly equal, I have never seen Zeus do anything even close to the impressive power-displays of Odin. Hence Odin is far above Zeus IMO. Sure feat-wars are lame, but what other evidence is there to use.

However: This fight is a good one but I give my vote to the asgardians.

Well he effortlessly killed Thor and hercules when they refused to listen to him and keptfighting(turned them to charred skeletons), and then reformed them instantly.

draxx_tOfU
Originally posted by HandOfFate
she is also Zues, Plutos and Neptune's grandmother. (IIRC)

yes, if we follow the myth...

cronus or kronos (the abstract god of time in comics), would also be zeus' father...

not sure of the origins in comics though...

Lord S
Originally posted by HandOfFate
True. Not only is she Thor's mother (Jord), she is also Zues, Plutos and Neptune's grandmother. (IIRC) Also the Hindu goddess Aditi.

Brutacus
Geae is not a god, she's a Titan.
She's an elder god, so she doesn't belong on the mountain Olympus. wink

Colossus-Big C
Gaea gave birth to the olympions, she also gave birth to the asgardians. she shouldnt be on any ones team.......

and pluto posedein and zeus are thors uncle.....

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by armandovalles
OLYMPUS:
Zeus
Hercules
Pluto
Ares
Hermes
Apollo
Hephaestus
Neptune
Hippolyta
Gaea

VS

ASGARD:
Odin
Thor
Loki
Thunderstrike
Balder
Fandral
Beta Ray Bill
Hogun the Grim
Sif
Enchantress
Thor Girl

Who wins?

Hogun and Fandral don't belong here. Replace them with Heimdall and Hel or something.

xJLxKing
Olympians because they get all the girls and some weird orgies

Sasaraixx
Olympians. Gaea really isn't fair sad

Lostedge
Olympus, just because they have more "gods". Asgardians only have Odin, Loki and Enchantress who can do some magic.

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by tiakocom
the Greek gods are just that Greek gods in every sense, the norse gods are not gods. the way i see it the true immortals will prevails at the end wink wut huh classic Thor & the rest was not imortal but they fixed that, now their imortal so yeah their gods

quanchi112
Asgard wins.

K Von Doom
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
yes, if we follow the myth...

cronus or kronos (the abstract god of time in comics), would also be zeus' father...

not sure of the origins in comics though...

I'm pretty sure that Kronus the Titan and Chronos the Titan God of Time are two different characters with similar names.

tideoftime
hmmmm...

The Asgardians are a more brutal lot, overall, and classically are willing/expecting to die in a great and glorious battle, anyway, and therefore, paradoxically, have the most chance of winning *if* "the warrior spirit" were all that were required to win...

However...

The Olympians classically wield greater power, innately, as Zeus and his brothers and sisters are a step closer, overall, to the divine power of the world (wheras Odin, and a handful of others, had to gain much of their power over time); but that isn't as true as it used to be, especially with the gradual loss of power from the past two major battles (and losses) against foreign powers (Darkseid, et al) -- they aren't quite so powerful anymore, and not able to fight with the same fervor as in ages past.

I'll go with the Asgardians winning, contextually, whatever the "ultimate goal" of the conflict is, but at a terrible cost in attrition (Odin goes down, as do many others, such as Enchantress; ironically, Thor and Loki survive, and have to find a way of getting along in the aftermath of this "unexpected Ragnarok"wink. Several Olympians die, but overall are more driven into a recessive state, with only a couple of them still active in any real way for many years (Diana would probably die, but as a last saving grace, would be restored again as "Diana Alethea Hypollatas -- Goddess of Truth", to help offset the loss of other divine beings.

A nasty fight all around. On reconsideration, there would be no real winners in this, no matter the details, as the effective losses on each side would be devastating to both pantheons. In a far future, the two surviving groups would almost certainly have to merge in order to fend off (Galactus, Darkseid, Aunt May with a winning bingo card, etc) just to ensure *either* groups survival.

Q99
In Marvel, the Olympians may be true gods while the Asgardians are aliens-who-became gods, but the average Asgardian seems to be more powerful- normal Olympians only have class 25 strength! Only two of them reach class 100! (Herc and Zeus) More Asgardian characters have real omph, there's Odin, Thor, and BRB at least.

Or compare Sif and Athena- Sif's class 50, Athena's class 35.

Olympians do noticeably better on the magic front, but the Asgardians have a few big hitters there too.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Q99
In Marvel, the Olympians may be true gods while the Asgardians are aliens-who-became gods, but the average Asgardian seems to be more powerful- normal Olympians only have class 25 strength! Only two of them reach class 100! (Herc and Zeus) More Asgardian characters have real omph, there's Odin, Thor, and BRB at least.

Olympians do noticeably better on the magic front, but the Asgardians have a few big hitters there too. olympions base strength are higher than asgardians.

also
Zeus, Herculese, Poseiden and Pluto are all stronger than thor.
Pluto can amp his strength via magic along with the other two

Q99
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
olympions base strength are higher than asgardians.

also
Zeus, Herculese, Poseiden and Pluto are all stronger than thor.
Pluto can amp his strength via magic along with the other two

Asgardians have a lot more people above their base strength though. Thunderstrike's at or near class 100 too, and Thor Girl's class 75+. Hela's another class 100 (with strong magic to boot).

Pluto and Poseidon are both listed at class 70 pre-amping, as is Ares. Apollo's class 50. I think everyone else is 35 or less. Heimdall, Balder, Sif, Fandral, and probably a few more are class 50, the Valkyries are all class 40, and Loki can magic amp up to usefully high levels too.

Pluto and Poseidon can get amped up to higher levels, but Asgard has strength amping items and magic too, often quite considerable ones.

The might of the Olympians is almost all in the few you name, while there's like a dozen Asgardians of note. Pluto and Poseidon are stronger than their Asgard foes, but they're outnumbered.

Full group vs full group, Asgard's got a lot more strong people, though it's more fair if you focus on limited pairings.

K Von Doom
Originally posted by Q99

Sif is just a normal Asgardian without any exotic powers whereas Athena possesses powers other than strength though right?

It's kind of false to say the Asgardians are more powerful. They're physically stronger yes, but the Olympians are more powerful because more of them use magic.

Q99
Originally posted by K Von Doom
Sif is just a normal Asgardian without any exotic powers whereas Athena possesses powers other than strength though right?

It's kind of false to say the Asgardians are more powerful. They're physically stronger yes, but the Olympians are more powerful because more of them use magic.

Sif also has a magic sword that can cleave between dimensions.

And yea, Athena etc. has more magic, but not a ton. A fair bit of magical knowledge but I don't think she's shown any major mojo, just animating stuff, some size changing, that sort of thing.

Most of the Olympians have just a little magic, teleportation, hiding their mortal guises, and a few other tricks. Only, again, the big three of Olympus, Zeus, Pluto, and Poseidon are big-hitters of spellcasting.

On top-tier magic users, Asgard has Odin, Loki, Amora, Hela... and quite a few who aren't spellcasters themselves are fairly good against magic.

I guess it could be said the Asgardians are more specialized, but they again have more people in the higher levels of that category. The Olympian's best people tend to be their best in both categories, while the Asgardians simply have more exceptional people be it in one or the other.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Q99
Sif also has a magic sword that can cleave between dimensions.

And yea, Athena etc. has more magic, but not a ton. A fair bit of magical knowledge but I don't think she's shown any major mojo, just animating stuff, some size changing, that sort of thing.

Most of the Olympians have just a little magic, teleportation, hiding their mortal guises, and a few other tricks. Only, again, the big three of Olympus, Zeus, Pluto, and Poseidon are big-hitters of spellcasting.

On top-tier magic users, Asgard has Odin, Loki, Amora, Hela... and quite a few who aren't spellcasters themselves are fairly good against magic.

I guess it could be said the Asgardians are more specialized, but they again have more people in the higher levels of that category. The Olympian's best people tend to be their best in both categories, while the Asgardians simply have more exceptional people be it in one or the other. you know what. this fight happened in comics(something between thor and herc caused a full war) as i recall zeus and odin met and made a treaty because both sides were losing numbers quickley. they were pretty even

r0nm0n88
Originally posted by Face Inc.
1. Odin = Zues
2. Thor > Ares
3. BRB < Pluto
4. Loki > Neptune
5. Thunderstrike < WonderWoman( eek! )

3 to 3 tie, we may have to add more to this fight.... confused

Or

Odin=zues
Thor>=pluto
Brb> Ares
loki>neptune
thunderstrike<ww

Q99
you know what. this fight happened in comics(something between thor and herc caused a full war) as i recall zeus and odin met and made a treaty because both sides were losing numbers quickley. they were pretty even

I'm not surprised by that. I'm just saying I think Asgard *should* beat Marvel Olympus smile (DC Olympus, less-so)

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by r0nm0n88
Or

Odin=zues
Thor>=pluto
Brb> Ares
loki>neptune
thunderstrike<ww
Pluto=Thor
Thor beat pluto twice
Pluto beat thor twice also.(in asgard)

Colossus-Big C
according to this, olympus wins.

Zeus: king of the gods and the strongest. He was able to throw mount etna on top of typhon a giant monster and son of gaia. Mount Etna has a basal circumference of 93 miles which means this was a very big mountain.

Poseidon: god of the sea. In the war of the gods and giants he threw the island of Nisyros on top of the giant polybotes. This island has a diameter of 5 miles. The highest mountain on the island is over 2000 feet high.

Athena: goddess of wisdom and daughter of zeus. She was strong enough to physically overpower the war-god Ares. In the war of the giants and gods she threw the island of sicily on top of the giant enceladus. The island of sicily is the size of Vermont! She also carried mount lycabettus to use merely as building material for a city.

Ares: god of war and bloodshed and son of zeus. He threw mount pangaeum in a river to prevent the titaness leto from giving birth to artemis and apollo.

Heracles/Hercules: strongest of all men and son of zeus. He strangled two huge serpents as a baby. Completed the 12 labors. Formed the pillars of hercules by spliting a mountain in two with one blow. Overpowered the personifcation of death. Overpowered the war-god Ares in single combat and knocked him down three times. Was able to hold up the sky for Atlas. (the sky weighs nearly 6 quadrillion tons!). Wrestled his father zeus to a standstill.

Atlas: a second generation titan strong enough to hold up the sky on his shoulders. Sky weighs 5.7 quadrillion tons.

the ninjak
Don't use common mythology with Marvel chronology.

Throwing Wonder Woman in is stupid.
And Gaea is an Earth God not settled in either teams.

If we were to go by our mythologies Asgard would treat Olympus like Spartan warriors would've treated Athenian politicians. Slaughter.

The Greek Gods were spoilt aristocrats with few of them being warriors and the rest drunk on raw power.

The Asgardians humbled themselves in WAR purely. War is there specialty and war they would win.

Marvel fight! this battle was inbalanced in favour of the Greeks and you would have to be biased to think otherwise.

Spite!!!!!!!!

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by the ninjak
Don't use common mythology with Marvel chronology.

Throwing Wonder Woman in is stupid.
And Gaea is an Earth God not settled in either teams.

If we were to go by our mythologies Asgard would treat Olympus like Spartan warriors would've treated Athenian politicians. Slaughter.

The Greek Gods were spoilt aristocrats with few of them being warriors and the rest drunk on raw power.

The Asgardians humbled themselves in WAR purely. War is there specialty and war they would win.

Marvel fight! this battle was inbalanced in favour of the Greeks and you would have to be biased to think otherwise.

Spite!!!!!!!! if this was mythology , the greeks would stomp, not only are they unkillable. but were incredibly powerful while norse gods got killed by humans laughing out loud

DarkOdin
if this was mythology , the greeks would stomp, not only are they unkillable. but were incredibly powerful while norse gods got killed by humans laughing out loud Not even close. Only one God was harmed by a mortal and that was balder and only b/c he had a weakness that could harm him. Then greek gods got be hurt/ held captive and not escape then were afriad of titans and barely one agaisnt them. They has some nice feats as do the norse gods imo the greeks have some nice showing however if people actually research/study the norse "not just reading wikipedia they are just as high up as the Greeks.

the ninjak
if this was mythology , the greeks would stomp, not only are they unkillable. but were incredibly powerful while norse gods got killed by humans laughing out loud

The River Styx weakened Greek Gods. And Hind's blood I think was able to kill some. But I agree they are Gods they can't die for they can always reform or resurrect!
Same as the Asgardian Gods always existing knowing Ragnarok was coming, over and over again but die .......no.
In Heroes Return both side got decimated by the Dark Gods but they focused more on the Asgardians because they were more war like.

Sasaraixx
Was Gaea removed from the Olympian team? If not, doesn't she slant this in favor of the Olympians?

And where's Aphrodite? Isn't she supposed to be the most powerful? stick out tongue hehe

Colossus-Big C
gaea isnt olympion, she is the grandmother of all earth pantheos she is responsible for all the gods, including asgardians(all the sky fathers agreed she is a common ancestor) she dont belong here onbsomeones team

paulisawesome12
olympians have won but the marvel guys always favoured thor so its obvious tht asgardians win through favouritism

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.