Can the Blob be moved?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

armandovalles
Okay tell me "Yes" or "No" to each one of these things to try to move the Blob when he is trying very ard to stay in place.

1) Gladiator flies at 100x the speed of light into him....

2) Thor uses the Godforce on him....

3) King Thor blasts him with everything he's got....

4) The Juggernaut (classic) stands directly in front of him and walks, therefore the Immovable Object meets the Unstoppable force....

5) Giant-Man grows to full-size and kicks him....

6) The Mindless Hulk, while totally out-of-control pissed off, punches him....

7) Every member of KMC tries to move him in any way we can....

8) Thor hits him in the nuts with Mjolnir, then tries to puch him....

9) Galactus blasts him....

10) Thanos w/ the Infinity Gauntlet tries to move him....

11) X-Man tries to use telekinisis to move him....

12) Cyclops takes off his visor and blasts him full force....

13) Savage Hulk, Hercules, and the Thing all run full speed into him like the linemen of a football team....

14) Vision and Wonder Man try to tackle him like they did Count Nefaria. (They fly next to each other, while Wonder Man just does a normal flying tackle with alot of speed, Vision flies full speed at intangibility, then at the last second, goes to full density.)

15) The Savage Hulk, Wonder Man, Vision, Gladiator, Hercules, the Thing, and Thor all try to lift him up....

Which ones succeed, which ones don't.

Swanky-Tuna
I think it'd be yes to all of them Even if we wraped ropes around our trucks and pulled him.

armandovalles
I doubt that.

long pig
No one has actually lifted him up yet while he concentraited....the Hulk couldn't, so he just bashed the ground uderneath him.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by long pig
No one has actually lifted him up yet while he concentraited....the Hulk couldn't, so he just bashed the ground uderneath him. Hulk is the strongest one there is...

long pig
haha nice.

Never seen that one, I remember he tried in defenders #10 and couldn't.

Hulk Power
No one has actually lifted him up yet while he concentraited....the Hulk couldn't, so he just bashed the ground uderneath him. Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Hulk is the strongest one there is...

Not only did Hulk lift him like Cosmic Cube already proved it, but he also knocked him back with one of his punches. Take a look.

Cosmic Cube
haha nice.

The art sucks, huh? erm

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Hulk Power
Not only did Hulk lift him like Cosmic Cube already proved it, but he also knocked him back with one of his punches. Take a look.

...And another one.

Hulk Power
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
...And another one.

What is that supposed to mean? huh

long pig
Good.
Never liked Blob anyway.

Why do I get the feeling you two were WAITING to post those pics?

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Hulk Power
What is that supposed to mean? huh

I mean nice pic, dude. I was just telling long pig that there are more than one instances in which Hulk moved the Blob.

Cosmic Cube
Good.
Never liked Blob anyway.

Why do I get the feeling you two were WAITING to post those pics?

evil face

long pig
droolio

Cosmic Cube
droolio
Oh. Sorry...

droolio

long pig
I once dated a chick who looked a lot like the Blob.

Cosmic Cube
I once dated a chick who looked a lot like the Blob.

Did she look like this? droolio

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by armandovalles
I doubt that.
Seriously. If his little gravity field thing only coves the 6 inches of dirt under his feet, I don't think we'd have much trouble towing him.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Seriously. If his little gravity field thing only coves the 6 inches of dirt under his feet, I don't think we'd have much trouble towing him.

Are you kidding me? Do you know how much 6 feet of soil would weigh?

long pig
Did she look like this? droolio
After I got done with her she did....
Like...500 QUADRILLION lbs.

Cosmic Cube
After I got done with her she did....

Like...500 QUADRILLION lbs.

laughing

armandovalles
so do u guys think the attempts i wrote would work or not?

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by armandovalles
so do u guys think the attempts i wrote would work or not?

Hell the f*ck yeah.

Swanky-Tuna
Probably a lot more than 6 inches.

long pig
F*ck that.

Tron
Dude, most of the things you mentioned kill Blob in the worse way, but if you wanna hear out loud...

1) Gladiator flies at 100x the speed of light into him....

One way or another, Gladiator ain't stoppin'.wink

2) Thor uses the Godforce on him....

He'd be lucky if his feet were all that were left.

3) King Thor blasts him with everything he's got....

Same as above.

4) The Juggernaut (classic) stands directly in front of him and walks, therefore the Immovable Object meets the Unstoppable force....

Magic vs genetics, what do you think? Blob's powers are limited, far more so than Juggernaut's. He gets moved, along with whatever ground he's standing on.

5) Giant-Man grows to full-size and kicks him....

He flys...

6) The Mindless Hulk, while totally out-of-control pissed off, punches him....

He dies...

7) Every member of KMC tries to move him in any way we can....

I'm not even gonna try answering this one...no expression

8) Thor hits him in the nuts with Mjolnir, then tries to puch him....

Blob drops before Thor even gets a chance to punch him. Come on now, we're talking about the weapon that Hulk's afraid of, you do the math...

9) Galactus blasts him....

May he rest in peace, even though there's nothing left of him.

10) Thanos w/ the Infinity Gauntlet tries to move him....

I think you can answer this one yourself...wink

11) X-Man tries to use telekinisis to move him....

And he gets moved, molecules rearranged, whatever Nate wants to do to him pretty much.

12) Cyclops takes off his visor and blasts him full force....

Don't know really, someone else can answer this better than I can...

13) Savage Hulk, Hercules, and the Thing all run full speed into him like the linemen of a football team....

Blob goes flying, if he doesn't go splat first...

14) Vision and Wonder Man try to tackle him like they did Count Nefaria. (They fly next to each other, while Wonder Man just does a normal flying tackle with alot of speed, Vision flies full speed at intangibility, then at the last second, goes to full density.)

Someone else can answer this better...

15) The Savage Hulk, Wonder Man, Vision, Gladiator, Hercules, the Thing, and Thor all try to lift him up....

And he gets lifted, quite easily too.

Really, Blob's power isn't all that impressive when you pit him against the class 80 and above people, or those with seriously destructive powers.

olympian
"haha nice.

The art sucks, huh"

Where is that one from?

And about the list. Blob will be lucky to have body parts left in most of them.

The only ones ill see him taking it, its Cyclops blasts and against Giant Man.

How stronger Giant Man gets at full size?

long pig
Blob is a pretty high class street leveler, seriously.

But he isn't by any means a high level guy.

Metalmanx
Technically, none of those would literally move the Blob. No matter what, the ground on which Blob is standing on will be conntected to his feet, even if that ground decides to move with the force of those attacks.

Kinda like the Hulk lifting the Blob up but Blob's feet are still planted on the ground that just happened to come up with him. Any of those attacks would move the earth that Blob is standing on, but not the Blob himself.

Edit: This is if the attacks don't kill him that is. Blob doesn't exactly have a forcefield ya know...

So just remember, what I said up there is IF he doesn't die or feel pain from the attacks.

GalacticStorm
Colossus has done it with a girder before in Uncanny Xmen using Wolverine in conjuction with the girder to make a seesaw.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Colossus has done it with a girder before in Uncanny Xmen using Wolverine in conjuction with the girder to make a seesaw.

That...makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Not that I'm calling you a liar. But it makes no sense.

First of all, the main point here. Why wasn't Wolverine crushed under the weight of Colossus pushing down on the girder? Wolverine was the fulcrum, right? If so, he should've been easily smashed straight into the ground. Wolvie is not ANYWHERE NEAR the strength needed to do that.

Two. There was no ground that come up with Blob? Cuz that's just weird if he didn't take some of the earth with him like he always does.

Fanboy
I think Superman can probably move him too.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Fanboy
I think Superman can probably move him too.

Not without Blob taking the ground with him.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Not without Blob taking the ground with him.

Yeah but thats just because the ground isnt strong enough it says nothing about supes or any of these other powerhouses strength. The colossus incident i mentioned earlier with wolverine as the fulcrum saw the blob fly up into the aur without any ground attached.

Metalmanx
Yeah but thats just because the ground isnt strong enough it says nothing about supes or any of these other powerhouses strength. The colossus incident i mentioned earlier with wolverine as the fulcrum saw the blob fly up into the aur without any ground attached.

But how though? That just doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever. Again, not calling you a liar, but that situation seems impossible to be.

I can see it happening if Colossus were the fulcrum and Juggernaut was pushing down on one side of the lever, but Wolverine is just not strong enough to do it. I'm not one to cry bad writing, but my God.

That's pretty desperate writing right there. And Blob would've definitely taken a big chunk of ground with him.

IDealinDreams
OK, I'm a little confused as to how Blob's powers work exactly. If anyone could (politely) explain to me what I'm missing I'd greatly appreciate it.

See, everyone says that if you move the Blob, chances are, you'll move the ground he's on as well, and not him off of it. Fair enough. But something about that idea doesn't seem to make sense to me.

I think of a strong guy trying to push a fat guy who's determined to stay put. He's exceptionally heavy, so, even with the strong guys abilities, he can't quite move him. So he tries to move him along with, let's say in this case, the cement he's under, and he can do it. I would think that would add a bit of weight and be an even harder feat to accomplish.

Unless, of course, Blob becomes stuck to the ground in an almost glue-like sense. I heard someone mention that he has a force field of some kind that I guess works slightly different than the force fields I'm accustomed to hearing about.

I'll fully admit to being a comic novice compared to many people on these boards, so forgive me for not knowing what I imagine is common knowledge to most fans.

DarkCrawler
Lets assume he is standing on adamantium planet? Tha tthe ground won't move with him. Could anybody move, not kill him?

black robb
If She Hulk takes off her top,he'll move allright

Nataku8188

Someone finally found a good use for Wolverine. Amen to that.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Lets assume he is standing on adamantium planet? Tha tthe ground won't move with him. Could anybody move, not kill him?

Well considering what colossus and wolverine did then yeah i believe some powerhouses could move him. I dont think Namor could do it tho. He's a wimp and that flat head would put him at a major disadvantage. big grin

LGodamus
Originally posted by DarkCrawler

well if he is on an adamantium planet then he is still movin on all of em excepting #7, but without his feet cause they are still stuck to the ground...then he will be called stumpy instead of blob

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by Nataku8188
Someone finally found a good use for Wolverine. Amen to that.
lol

long pig
Blob controls the gravity up to 2 feet around him and 6 inches under him.

He can make himself weigh 100tons or only a few pounds.

Like the time he jumped a half mile by decreasing his weigh so that he'd basically float.

It takes concentration though.

Dr. Diamond
yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.