Doomsday vs Hercules vs Gilgamesh

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Three Brutes

jinzin
dd.....again....

armandovalles
I disagree. I think of these 3, Doomsday would come in third place. I think it would come down to Hercules and Gilgamesh, and in my opinion thats too close to call. I think it would come down to these 2 cuz unlike Doomsday, Hercules and Gilgamesh are not just brutes, they both have extraordinary fighting skills and tactics.

jinzin
so do wonder woman, green lantern, flash, supes, martian manhunter, plastic man, huntress, and orion with motherbox......didn't help them one bit....

armandovalles
I dont remember any of those guysever fighting Doomsday except for Superman, Orion, Motherbox, and Batman. I think if WW fought DD WW would win.

jinzin
ummmmm? I think you are thinking of when they threw down with the doomsday clones in spuderman/batman 10.....and orion wasn't in that fight.. confused

...doomsday took down the entire team mentioned above in an arc called doomsday wars.....wonder woman tried to lasso him he tied her up in her own rope swung her around by the feet and slamed her into flash who was running up behind them.....that's skill..and that's fast........

armandovalles
Yea, but if WW fought him h2h i bet she wouldve won cuz she is AT LEAST as strong as Superman, plus has better fighting skills.

jinzin
she was.......

"by what manner of creature are you....you still stand?!?!?!

fall you faul creature of death I say!.....

DROP!......" or something to that effect

he just kept standing there and taking it no sweat...and supes doesn't even do anything to dd at this point so not much of an argument you got there....soooooooo..... confused

golem370
Doomsday is a wrecking machine but there are a few Marvel People who could beat him. Morg Thanos Tyrant Kurse Drax with power gem Rampaging Hulk Champion with Power Gem Apocalypse. And the Maybes Thor Hercules Juggernaut Nimrod Magneto High Evolutionary Professor X and Zuras and maybe more

armandovalles
thor in JLA/avengers #4 beat him. it was only in one panel, but it showed thor knocking Doomsy out.

jinzin
oy...you really wanna go by crossovers?

okay...captain marvel gave thor a good run.....superman humiliated captain marvel.

>>>>.dd>>>>supes>>>>thor

wasn't that AFTER dd was depowered anyways?

olympian
"okay...captain marvel gave thor a good run.....superman humiliated captain marvel."

When did Superman ever humiliated Marvel.

"Yea, but if WW fought him h2h i bet she wouldve won cuz she is AT LEAST as strong as Superman, plus has better fighting skills"

Shes not "at least equal to Superman in strenght". Shes below. Not by much tho.

"...doomsday took down the entire team mentioned above in an arc called doomsday wars....."

Thanks to Brainiacs mind. Now is this the current Doomwinp, DOS Doomsday...what? Of any of these two he goes down first.

Considering Hercules and Gilgamesh know each other, theyll likely double team first and take him down. Heck DOS Doomsday goes down to either of them.

Between those two, if all powers are allowed Gilgamesh wins due to the Eternal`s powerset, if its just h2h the edge goes to Hercules for being more of a ruthless figther.

jinzin
bull, he later thrashed a number of the same team members WITH superman....without his mind....superman even comments how fighting dd without the mind makes him no less dangerous...the opposite in fact....doesn't change the points that were made....wonder woman can't take down dd......and dd moves at flash like speeds in short bursts......although I'm considering gilgamesh for a victory here...herc is the first to get curbstomped......

do I need to bring up how batman practically made marvel resort to cheating in order to beat him?

olympian
"bull, he later thrashed a number of the same team members WITH superman....without his mind....superman even comments how fighting dd without the mind makes him no less dangerous...the opposite in fact....doesn't change the points that were made....wonder woman can't take down dd......and dd moves at flash like speeds in short bursts......although I'm considering gilgamesh for a victory here...herc is the first to get curbstomped......"

Alot of typing to say what i already said. If this is Doomsday Wars version he wins. The current one however isent that one, now is it.

If the Doomsday version is the first one or current then he goes down. If its Hunter/Prey he likely wins. Or not. About the Wars one i already said it.

"do I need to bring up how batman practically made marvel resort to cheating in order to beat him?"

Superman/Batman # 4?

The one where Billy made Batman look like a complete idiot, after making Superman bleed and admit that toe to toe he had all the advantage ?

Sure, bring it on.

Btw i dig how you changed from Superman to another character right away.

jinzin
you dig?

lol

just making a point.....

okay...back on char....ever read kingdom come?

and current dd..... the one supes brought down with a few punches obviously loses.....

however....I don't know if the MOST current dd does...I mean he was thrashing tons of cogs like they were nothing but nusances.....he seemed to be back to his old power level with his new intelligence...a nice combo if I may say so....have you not read it yet?

olympian
"okay...back on char....ever read kingdom come?"

Yes.

"and current dd..... the one supes brought down with a few punches obviously loses....."

Since its the current version, its the one that should be debated first. Then i ran over the chances of the other versions.

"however....I don't know if the MOST current dd does...I mean he was thrashing tons of cogs like they were nothing but nusances.....he seemed to be back to his old power level with his new intelligence...a nice combo if I may say so....have you not read it yet?"

Maybe i didnt made myself clear. Im not saying current its weaker because hes less stronger. While he isent impressive as lets say..Hunter/Prey he did managed to almost killed Superman again.

What makes him weaker its exactly what the story stated. He knows fear, hes not just instinct now. So we have rougly the same strenght. two bricks who practically arent afraid of much. Ruthless. Very skilled. Very durable. Against one opponent that while strong, doesnt have the mindset. Nor the skills. And knows fear.

Now if you say " no, i want it to be Doomsday Wars " then i agree with it. These two alone arent going to beat him when guys like them and on a larger number, didnt.

jinzin
dude..the most current doomsday is the heroic doomsday that was showcased in action comics a few months ago.... did you not read it?

olympian
Totally forgot about him.

What do you call the one that nearly killed Supes again but was afraid of him in the end of the story? Superman # 175 i think.

That makes 3 versions they have the edge then. Against two.

armandovalles
really? hes a hero? thats seems pretty stupid. What issue was it of Action Comics?

olympian
It was during Austen`s on action run with GoG, Doomsday and Superman. I have the beginning but not the part of the end where that Doomsday shows up.

jinzin
Originally posted by olympian
Totally forgot about him.

What do you call the one that nearly killed Supes again but was afraid of him in the end of the story? Superman # 175 i think.

That makes 3 versions they have the edge then. Against two.

okay so we got non sentient doomsday.....aka doomsday......aka the Armageddon creature.

jokerized doomsday....aka doomsday rex....

and then heroic doomsday.....(although supes just referred to him as doomsday)....

heroic dd has something I find peculiar about him....he retained his sentience..however he looks far more comparable to his classic self than dd-rex does....dd-rex's head was different looking than before as were his bone protrusions...heroic looked exactly like his classic self but without the eye cages.....

jinzin
Originally posted by armandovalles
really? hes a hero? thats seems pretty stupid. What issue was it of Action Comics?
actually it made for a pretty good story to read....I found doomsday's protecting superman pretty entertaining....
"no one gets to kill you except ME.....NOW GET UP AND FIGHT!"

supes-"why are you of all people helping me?"

dd-"curiosity....emotions require exploration....besides...there's only one of you to kill"

there are about 5 or 6 really great quotes from that book...sorry man I don't know the issue number off the top of my head though..I think 845...wait...no...maybe...i don't know....sorry...

olympian
Thats it. Doomsday Rex.

So we agree, the "weaker" versions lose and the uber ones win.

jinzin
well classic dd-wins
dd rex- loses.....BAD....
new heroic dd.....i don't know yet...he seemed to be fairing out much much better against those endless cogs than superman did....I mean hell he fought a single battle that lasted 100 years against a seemingly endless army of cogs......so I'm still debating that one....

jinzin
dos dd though....you really think gilgamesh and herc are above supes in the strength department?

Khellendros
Gilgamesh wins, like someone else said, because of the Eternal powerset. He's basically indestructable, is at LEAST at Thor level strength, has some low level matter manipulation, and will never suffer from fatigue. Eventually, he'll realize pounding on DD isn't working and encase him in adamantium, or just turn him to dust, or some other matter manipulation feat.

olympian
"well classic dd-wins
dos dd though....you really think gilgamesh and herc are above supes in the strength department?"

DD classic= Dos Doomsday right?

And yes i do belive. Guys like immortal Herc, Thor and Savage Hulk are for me above the Byrne Superman. And lets not forget that this Superman won ultimely the first fight.

"Gilgamesh wins, like someone else said, because of the Eternal powerset. He's basically indestructable"

He proved at least to handle heat (dont recall if it was magic or just extreme) better than Thor. Experience wise hes even above Herc. (both in actual myth history and at Marvel).

His manipulaton matter powers will come in hand against the strongest versions of Doomsday but against the weakest, these two with theyr speed, durability, skill and strenght will take it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.