seth from authority vs doomsday

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dr. Diamond
just curious.seth has all his powers.

Khellendros
Seth actually has a chance, since he has a lot of psychic-type attacks (as absurd as they sounded, they still worked) and teleportation. He took Apollo out without effort the first time, and wasn't really taking much damage from a heavy charge Apollo, so his durability is up there too.

Whirlysplatt
Seth wins in my opinion, he had over a 1000 powers, he was stronger than Apollo. Yes Seth wins imo.

As long as noone knows his codework, hang on his his cousins chicken nowsmile

jinzin
which doomsday? I mean martian manhunter couldn't phase or do anything mentally to non-sentient doomsday so how effective would those attacks be on him?

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by jinzin
which doomsday? I mean martian manhunter couldn't phase or do anything mentally to non-sentient doomsday so how effective would those attacks be on him?

Seth has almost every power imaginable, the usual strenth, speed etc then everything else, he is probably stronger than Supes as he was made to take out anyone in the Wildstorm Universe Majstick included.

jinzin
i have like 2 wildstorm comics...so forgive my lack of info on the character....that's why I'm waiting for more info before making a general assessment...what feats incline him to be physically superior to supes?

DigiMark007
The fact that he wasn't taking much damage from a high-charge Apollo speaks to his durability at least, since Apollo is about Superman's level (give or take some depending on his charge). I'd dig the issue up and cite some other stuff but I'm off to work.

-DM

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by jinzin
i have like 2 wildstorm comics...so forgive my lack of info on the character....that's why I'm waiting for more info before making a general assessment...what feats incline him to be physically superior to supes?

Seth basically beat the Authority not once but twice, Jenny Q used his safeword a nod to Miracleman 8 for this.

Transfer of Power is the fourth and final collection of volume one of The Authority, the book that arguably changed the superhero genre forever. Not content with merely stopping supervillains from robbing banks, the six members of the Authority (Jack Hawksmoor, the Engineer, the Doctor, Swift, Apollo and the Midnighter) use their remarkable powers in a proactive rather than reactive way. They're out to change the world, and they don't care who gets in their way.

Unfortunately for the Authority, this attitude doesn't endear them to most world leaders, who fear the implications of a few powerful individuals threatening the status quo. So, the seven richest countries dispatch Seth, the "genetically modified hillbilly" with more than 1,000 super powers, to dispose of the Authority. Once the original Authority are out of the way, a brand new Authority are installed by the establishment--the Colonel, Rush, the Machine, Street, the Professor, Teuton and Last Call. As the new Authority get used to their new-found glory as the world's greatest superheroes, only one question remains: where is the Midnighter?

When half of the stories collected in Transfer of Power were originally produced, the Authority had become as controversial in the real world as they were in their fictional world. Apollo and the Midnighter are rather thinly-veiled archetypes of Superman and Batman, with one fundamental difference: they're also a gay couple. DC Comics, publishers of The Authority (under its Wildstorm imprint), bristled at some of the more overt artwork and dialogue, and while the mess was being sorted out, a temporary team of Tom Peyer (writer) and Dustin Nguyen (artist) were brought in for the four-part "Transfer of Power" story line. Though they do an admirable job, it appears rushed and its flippant tone jars with the rest of the book. As expected, it is writer Mark Millar's story line ("Brave New World"wink--which bookends Transfer of Power--that does real justice to the characters and team he was instrumental in defining. His story, and the detail-rich artwork of Frank Quitely and Arthur Adams in particular, provide a fitting finale to the superteam and book that, in Millar's own words (as spoken by Jack Hawksmoor), "completely changed the landscape". --Robert Burrow

Synopsis
The Authority are dead; slaughtered by Seth, the former redneck farmer and 'six billion dollar b*****d' with more than 1,000 super powers. In their place are an establishment-approved version of the Authority - The Colonel, Rush, The Machine, Street, The Professor, Teuton and Last Call - and they seek nothing more than to destroy the work the Authority have been doing...but there are pieces missing in the puzzle. Where is the Midnighter's body? What happened to the incredibly powerful child, Jenny Quantum? And who is going to close the hole in the Bleed that threatens the entire multiverse? This bitingly satirical, all-action collection has the answers: and they'll change the world as you know it!

Khellendros
Some of Seth's powers, off the top of my head:

Super strength(Apollo level), indestructibility, speed/reaction time, etc.
He could overload an opponents mind with a single massive thought, he could make someone feel what it was like to be an animal dying in a horrible fashion, he could teleport, he had some kind of energy burst that burnt the hell out of Apollo (who survived a trip into the sun, and a trip near the Earth's core), could spit up razor blades that cut deep into Hawksmoor, who has some pretty high durability.

That's all I have right now. Basically, his biggest selling points for this fight are his indestructibility (survived several heavy blasts of Apollo's heat vision, and having a jet plane slammed right into his chest followed by an explosion of nuclear proportions), the weapons designed to take out high level super people and his psychic attacks.

DigiMark007
The Authority would whup DD. Seth could too. Good synopsis of the events surrounding the comic book whirly. And Khell hit the major points...I came armed this time, at my computer with the issues in hand. But it appears things have been taken care of. Good work fellas. Wildstorm crew OUT! *swoops out window*

-DM

Dr. Diamond
right on.

golem370

golem370
A Pic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.