At Least Give R2 A Thanks!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

grievous16
I've noticed something in the star wars saga.Why does R2-D2 never receive a thanks for opening locked doors,creating distractions ,and saving lives time and again??Heres a part you guys will probably remember from AOTC.Remember when padme was nearly killed by that lava shooting down into the canister she was in?Well who came flying to the rescue??!R2 of course and did he get a stinken thanks for saving the queen of naboo???NOPE!Alright moving on to ROTS,how many doors did R2 help open in this 1???!!!Alot!Also who created a diversion on grievous's ship so that obi-wan and anakin could get there lightsabers ??R2 once again!did he get any signs of a thanks??NOPE!then in episodes 4-6 he was present in the battle of yavin,he opened many doors,saved more lives,and faught back!Did he get a thanks in any of those episodes??Nope!I hope you guys realize that R2 really isn't like the other astromech droids hes way more bold and adventurous then others yet he gets taken advantage of all the time...at least give him a pat on the head!!DAMN!

kremzike
Episode I. Naboo cruiser escapes.

Queen Amidala (decoy): "Thank you, R2-D2."

grievous16
alright thats 1 episode and i know they say thanks in episode 1 DUH thats why i didnt post it up there. You try and find any signs of thanks in episodes 2-6 wise guy.

DeVi| D0do
Yupe?

Jedi Priestess
sheesh lets not get all carried away here ok? R2 is hardly the savior of the movie. If it hadnt been him it would have been another astromech droid.

Ken Kenobi
Because he's a fecking droid. Would you thank a robot for doing the most mundane of tasks? No.

kremzike

Ogami Itto
If u got what u wanted, "Thanks R2" would be the most common line in SW!!!!!

kanis
starwars I thought in TPM that them thanking R2 was an cheesy way of introducing him in the film and him meeting with threepio was a bit over the top with the sort of friends meeting tune going on.

Red Superfly
R2 saves the day in every Star Wars movie. Lucas says so.

TPM: Helps escape certain doom.
AOTC: Saves Padme from a molten metal shower.
ROTS: Sorts out the elevator of doom
ANH: Stops the trash compactor of doom.
ESB: Fixes hyperdrive and escapes certain doom.
ROTJ: Has major resposibility for saving Lukes life in "operation save Han"

And he gets thanked all the time. He always gets polished up at the end of a few of the movies.

Will-one Kenobi
No one gets thanked in Star Wars, thats the way it is and as for R2 HES A FREAKING DROID WITH AN ATTITUDE and a thanks would have made no difference to him

grievous16
ya i guess you guys are right but still i mean how about a stinken medal???is that so much to ask?

Ken Kenobi
What use does a droid have for a medal?

Stunrun
Originally posted by grievous16
Alright moving on to ROTS,how many doors did R2 help open in this 1???!!!Alot!

Name one stick out tongue

grievous16
ehh one day i hope to make a desont thread sad sorry guys ill try harder on the next one.

grievous16
****DESCENT!!!!

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by grievous16
****DESCENT!!!!

See this button? http://images.killermovies.com/forums/styles/ubb/edit.gif

It's called EDIT for a reason, there is no reason for you to double post to fix a mistake.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.