Ymir vs. Juggy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dark Thor
http://www.marveldatabase.com/wiki/images/d/d2/Ymir_001.gif

Strength Level: The extent of Ymir's strength has never been measured, but it is at least in the Class 100 range; hence, he can lift (press) over 100 tons.

Known Powers: Ymir possesses vast superhuman strength, greater than that of any other Frost or Ice Giant. He is extremely long-lived, and possibly immortal. His body greatly resembles ice in various ways, and if it was not for his ability to generate intense cold from his body, Ymir would melt when exposed to high temperatures. Ymir's body is extraordinarily resistant to injury, and although it can be shattered, as ice can, Ymir can cause the fragments of his form to reassemble.

Ymir continually generates extreme cold from his body in an unknown, perhaps magical fashion. If he so chooses, Ymir can cause anything he touches, including the air, to freeze.

http://www.marveldatabase.com/wiki/images/7/70/Juggernaut_001.gif

olympian
Ymir, he gets my vote.

Dark Thor
Ymir can reform but Juggy's indestructable

Grammaton
Tough fight - I go with Ymir.

newjak86
I don't know if Ymir freezes Juggs he will probably just break out.
If Juggs breaks Ymir he reforms.

Dark Thor
so basically its a tie

newjak86
Originally posted by Dark Thor
so basically its a tie So far thats what I see I don't see anyway for the other to really win outright.

Dark Thor
yep

Dark Thor
bump

Dark Thor
bump

Beyonder
Ymir is a Frost Giant. Juggernaut gets thrown around like a rag doll. And no, I don't think Cain can hang with a skyfather level being.

Ymir's stalemated Surtur before.

Superman 24
Originally posted by Dark Thor
Ymir can reform but Juggy's indestructable

Loving the avatar.

long pig
Jugs gets knocked around and Ymir gets shattered, repeat as necessary.

Skyfather or not, he isn't going to hurt Jugs unless he has mental powers.

olympian
Wouldnt a skyfather level being be able to defeat Juggernaut. I see Odin and Surtur doing it. And Ymir is more or less of that level.

Dark Thor
Originally posted by Superman 24
Loving the avatar.

thanks

newjak86
Originally posted by olympian
Wouldnt a skyfather level being be able to defeat Juggernaut. I see Odin and Surtur doing it. And Ymir is more or less of that level. I didn't know he was around Skyfather. In that case this becomes another pointless debate about how powerful Cyttorak is and whether or not he is Skyfather higher or lower or same. If he's higher than Jugg's enchantment should be able to hold off an attack if not then it's likey Ymir magic freezing could over come it.

olympian
He did stalemated Surtur before. And fought against Odin before and Thor as well.

In an actual battle i see him winning more often than not.

guy222
ymir swats juggy away

recently defeated thor w/thor power, new and dark avengers

Kris Blaze
Unless Ymir uses magic, he'll just continue throwing Juggernaut around, but doing no damage.

KillAll
Ymir is around odin/surtur level, this shouldnt be problem for him... i wouldnt think???

on top of ice, isnt he a high level magic weilder???

Survivor19
For Ymir BFR is not a problem, just 1 golf-style hit with his club...

SuperLuigi
ymir

Knowsbleed33
Ymir can win via BFR. That's about it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Ymir wins.

Eternal Idol
If it's a purely physical confrontation, Ymir swats Juggernaut away. If Ymir gets out of berserker mode and uses magic, I think he can override Cyttorak's enchantment.

Knowsbleed33
No one has ever shown to be able to override Cyttoraks enchantment. What leads you to believe Ymir can?

Eternal Idol
I thought Thor did it a few times, even if for a little while?

Knowsbleed33
Thor removed his forcefield once for 60 seconds.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yup, Thor basically used Mjolnir to remove his invulnerability enchantment and his Force Field.

Making him susceptible to physical damage or a knock out.

If he can do it, why wouldn't someone at Skyfather level be unable to? Of course Thor's power is pretty uber, especially Mjolnir. I'll check if Ymir has shown enough mystical prowess to suggest he can remove the enchantment. I will dig.

h1a8
This is a draw or Juggs win. There is no way to put Juggy down physically.

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by h1a8
This is a draw or Juggs win. There is no way to put Juggy down physically.

I'm not sure if Juggernaut can win this either. Ymir would reform any damage, assuming Juggernaut can harm him. I wonder if anybody has any Ymir scans that can help decide the outcome?

h1a8
Would having someone reform be considered a win since it is a ko?

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
If he can do it, why wouldn't someone at Skyfather level be unable to? cause ymir doesn't operate like that.

all you get from ymir is death by sky-father level cryogenic magic, or some form of blunt force damage....that's about it.

the former might do it, but only if you consider juggernaut being buried in a mountain for years any more than just a plot hole to keep him from killing the x-men the next day or just obnoxiously guest starring in every subsequent x-men issue just to bully and troll them. :/

Eternal Idol
Would having someone reform be considered a win since it is a ko?
Ymir isn't your some cannon-fodder guy made out of ice. He's extremely durable. When I said he could reform any damage, I meant cracks in his hide. Even if Juggernaut amps his strength, I'm not so sure it would be enough to completely shatter Ymir to get the knockout.

I think Ymir would win this most, if not every, time.

h1a8
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
Ymir isn't your some cannon-fodder guy made out of ice. He's extremely durable. When I said he could reform any damage, I meant cracks in his hide. Even if Juggernaut amps his strength, I'm not so sure it would be enough to completely shatter Ymir to get the knockout.

I think Ymir would win this most, if not every, time.

How would Ymir win? Because I'm thinking this is at least a stalemate for Juggs.

manx422
Ymir

Endless Mike
Ymir

Eternal Idol
How would Ymir win? Because I'm thinking this is at least a stalemate for Juggs.
Ymir is a lot bigger than Juggernaut is, and more than likely starts off at a higher base in addition to his leverage advantage. Add to the fact that his power is at skyfather-level... it doesn't look so good for Juggernaut. I think it's either a stalemate, or upperhand to Ymir.

Raptor22
its either a win for ymir or stalemate. juggs really has no way of putting him down.

h1a8
How can Ymir win? Jugg is indestructible. Juggs can just sit there on his ass for all eternity and Ymir couldn't even put a scratch on him.

I'm not saying Juggs wins this but certain Ymir has no chance in hell to win. Unless someone tell me how. Because I'm not buying that he is strong enough to bypass Juggs durability nonsense.

Eternal Idol
He doesn't have to bypass Juggernaut's durability, just BFR him using his club as a 9-iron.

Naija boy
Yup, Thor basically used Mjolnir to remove his invulnerability enchantment and his Force Field.

Making him susceptible to physical damage or a knock out.

If he can do it, why wouldn't someone at Skyfather level be unable to? Of course Thor's power is pretty uber, especially Mjolnir. I'll check if Ymir has shown enough mystical prowess to suggest he can remove the enchantment. I will dig.

Ymir wins regardless. Cyttorak has had one of his enchantments overidden by enough force before. This happened when thor pushed jugs back with his godblast. He was powerful enough to overide jugs unstopable enchantment with a powerful energy blast. Ymir is an Odin level skyfather, id wager that he has enough power to overide cyttoraks other enchantment on juggernaut (indestructible enchantment) considering that his enchantments have been overidden before by far less powerful beings. Not only that but i find it hard to believe that if cyttorak fought Ymir, Ymir would be totally unable to harm him in the slightest because that is what Ymirs inability to harm juggernaut, who has but a fraction fo Cyttoraks power, would imply.

KuRuPT Thanosi
YMIR and very very easily

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Naija boy
Ymir wins regardless. Cyttorak has had one of his enchantments overidden by enough force before. This happened when thor pushed jugs back with his godblast. He was powerful enough to overide jugs unstopable enchantment with a powerful energy blast. Ymir is an Odin level skyfather, id wager that he has enough power to overide cyttoraks other enchantment on juggernaut (indestructible enchantment) considering that his enchantments have been overidden before by far less powerful beings. Not only that but i find it hard to believe that if cyttorak fought Ymir, Ymir would be totally unable to harm him in the slightest because that is what Ymirs inability to harm juggernaut, who has but a fraction fo Cyttoraks power, would imply.

Just read him going toe to toe with Surtur. Yea, he wins. His raw power itself makes him Skyfather level.

batdude123
I've always been curious as to what feats of Ymir's make him a skyfather.

h1a8

You know Juggs durability enchantment is far greater than his unstoppable enchantment. That is why the Godblast pushed him back but didn't harm him. Ymir can't even exert enough force to match the Godblast. To even hurt Juggs you would probably need the equivalent of a million Godblasts or more concentrated. And Ymir doesn't have that type of power. When has Juggs durability enchantment been overidden physically by less powerful beings? And no mentioning of PIS.
And wouldn't that either contradict him actually resisting the Godblast or proving that the Godblast is rather weak instead?

Ymir winning by actually harming Juggs is the funniest thing I've ever heard. (Not really though)

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by batdude123
I've always been curious as to what feats of Ymir's make him a skyfather. The only skyfather feat I remember him doing was going head to head with Surter.

batdude123
Seems to me that Ymir's prowess is more myth than actual fact.

Knowsbleed33
It's nothing. He has the size and strength to BFR Juggernaut by swatting him away. That's about it.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
It's nothing. He has the size and strength to BFR Juggernaut by swatting him away. That's about it.

X2

Naija boy
You know Juggs durability enchantment is far greater than his unstoppable enchantment. That is why the Godblast pushed him back but didn't harm him. Ymir can't even exert enough force to match the Godblast. To even hurt Juggs you would probably need the equivalent of a million Godblasts or more concentrated. And Ymir doesn't have that type of power. When has Juggs durability enchantment been overidden physically by less powerful beings? And no mentioning of PIS.
And wouldn't that either contradict him actually resisting the Godblast or proving that the Godblast is rather weak instead?

Ymir winning by actually harming Juggs is the funniest thing I've ever heard. (Not really though)

....yeah. Ymir an enemy of Odin who fights evenly against Surtur cant exceed the output of the godblast......... Im not even going to bother with you. I doubt that Ymir was actually in any of the 20 or so thor comics u claim to have read.lol

Naija boy
Just read him going toe to toe with Surtur. Yea, he wins. His raw power itself makes him Skyfather level.

thumb up

Lord Feron
Ymir is a very easy BFR. Throw Jugs like a damn baseball into outer space.

bbrem123
Originally posted by Lord Feron
sounds about right thumb up

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Lord Feron

Something like this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mn3AQWxAig&feature=related

h1a8
....yeah. Ymir an enemy of Odin who fights evenly against Surtur cant exceed the output of the godblast......... Im not even going to bother with you. I doubt that Ymir was actually in any of the 20 or so thor comics u claim to have read.lol

Exceeding the godblast just want do it. He would have to exceed by a million or more times. You are telling me he has that type of power?

Think about it. The godblast doesn't even put a scratch on Juggs. If 10 concentrated puts a small scratch then certainly a lot more is needed to but a decent dent in Juggs. But does Ymir has that type of power? Hell no! Plus Juggs heals very fast (assuming Ymir can do the impossible).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.