Captain Britain vs. Colossus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dark Thor
http://www.marveldatabase.com/wiki/images/0/02/Captain_Britain_I_001.jpg

Strength Level: Captain Britain can lift 90 tons under optimal conditions.

Known Powers: Superhuman strength, speed, agility, and durability. His abilities are powered by intedimensional energies which are concentrated around the British Isles of each reality, and also in Otherworld; moving too far away from the field will cause eventual power loss unless power-enhancing costume is worn. After being lost in the timestream for a while, Brian briefly had precognitive flashes, though these eventually abated.
Known Abilities: Brian is a skilled scientist, acrobat and excellent fighter.

Equipment: Captain Britain's costume stores interdimensional energies, acting as a battery for when he is away from the matrix which surrounds the British Isles. As well as enhancing his natural abilities to superhuman levels, it also allows him to fly up to 770 mph and generate a forcefield.
Weapons: Captain Britain originally wielded a quarterstaff (which could produce a forcefield), and later the Star Sceptre (which allowed flight, as well as the forcefield). Merlyn eventually moved these powers into Brian's costume, and eventually into Brian himself.

Dark Thor
Is it true Capt Britain can lift (press) 90 lbs

DarkCrawler
Captain Britain.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Dark Thor
Is it true Capt Britain can lift (press) 90 lbs

Yes.

Dark Thor
whoa

armandovalles
no i think its more like 60.

pr1983
Assuming the bio is accurate, Britain is more versatile so i'll go with him...

EsteemedLeader
90? i thought it was 2!!!

EsteemedLeader
Height: 5 ft. 11 in.
Weight: 180 lbs.
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Blond

Strength Level: When not clad in his strength-augmenting uniform. Captain Britain possesses the normal human strength of a man of his age, height, and weight, who engages in regular exercise. With his strength augmented by his uniform, Captain Britain can lift (press) approximately 2 tons under optimal conditions.

Known Superhuman Powers: (formerly)Captain Britain possesses a number of superhuman powers derived from his mystically enhanced uniform. First, the uniform enhances his strength. Second, the uniform enables him to fly. Captain Britain can fly at a maximum speed just under the speed of sound (770 miles per hour) for prolonged periods of time (until bodily fatigue requires him to rest). Third, the uniform can erect mystical force fields at Captain Britain's mental command. This force field is employed to protect him from atmospheric conditions while flying. It is strong enough to deflect a bazooka shell without deforming or rendering it wielder unconscious from the concussion. (Repeated blasts would weaken the field considerably, and eventually penetrate it. The uniform also enhances Captain Britain's stamina and reflexes to superhuman levels.

(Currently) Brian Braddock's mystical armaments amplify his strength, stamina and reflexes; permit him to fly; and enable him to generate a protective forcefield.

Weapons: Captain Britain wields Excalibur, the Sword of Might, forged in the fires of creation and tempered by the power of the universe. United with the Amulet of Right, Excalibur possesses the capacity to remake the cosmos. Both talismans of power formerly belonged to the god-wizard Merlin.

Whirlysplatt
It is accurate and he is 90 ton class perhaps higher he beat a herald airwalker robot smile

GalacticStorm
That bios very outdated Esteemed you cant always go by the Marvel directory. His most recent bio has his lifting capacity at 90 tons

Dark Thor
i get all of my info on tons here http://www.marveldatabase.com/wiki/index.php/MarvelDatabase:Characters and http://www.marveldatabase.com/wiki/index.php/Strength_Scale#Average_Human

LGodamus
Colossus would tear him apart unless cap fought very intelligently...cause even in the 90ton range Colossus out classes him physically in every catergory other than that of flight

Dark Thor
how many tons can Colossus lift? this website says COlossus can lift 70 tons and the Thing can lift 85 tons, but a lot of ppl say that Colossus can beat the thing http://www.marveldatabase.com/wiki/index.php/Strength_Scale#70_Tons

EsteemedLeader
how many tons can Colossus lift? this website says COlossus can lift 70 tons and the Thing can lift 85 tons, but a lot of ppl say that Colossus can beat the thing http://www.marveldatabase.com/wiki/index.php/Strength_Scale#70_Tons

they dont even list cap on this link...

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by LGodamus
Colossus would tear him apart unless cap fought very intelligently...cause even in the 90ton range Colossus out classes him physically in every catergory other than that of flight

Colossus isnt actually that much stronger than him. Its only in the last 3 years that colossus has been upgraded from class 70 to low class 100. Strength wouldnt be the deciding factor in this battle.

CB has too much going for him. He's nearly as strong as Colossus plus he flies at mach speed, he has superhuman reflexes which col doesnt have, he is durable, plus he has a forcefield. CB wins.

Metalmanx
Colossus would win. Nothing that CB does to him would hurt or damage him at all. So then CB would HAVE to get up close, where Colossus would rip him apart.

Colossus is a class 100 now, in my opinion stronger than the Thing.

Dark Thor
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
they dont even list cap on this link...

I know. thats why u have to look at this link http://www.marveldatabase.com/wiki/index.php/MarvelDatabase:Characters

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Colossus would win. Nothing that CB does to him would hurt or damage him at all. So then CB would HAVE to get up close, where Colossus would rip him apart.

Colossus is a class 100 now, in my opinion stronger than the Thing.

I know you're a col fan but he would lose this match im afraid. CB has too much going for him. His strength is on par with colossus' with colossus having the edge. He could very well hurt colossus.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
I know you're a col fan but he would lose this match im afraid. CB has too much going for him. His strength is on par with colossus' with colossus having the edge. He could very well hurt colossus.

Its impossible eek! Galactic Storm is right smile

LGodamus
actually GS, class 100 is alot more than class 90 if you really get into the mechanics of it.....10ton difference in overhead press, the way they measure strength in marvel, is a HUGE difference in effective strength...If Cap tried to fight in close Colossus would man handle him, period.
Yes Cap has superhuman reflexes but only barely, Colossus is extremely agile as well,not superhuman, but damn good. Not a big enough differnence to give an decisive edge to cap.
Cap is definately less durable than Colossus, and has considerably less combat experience.
.........................................................and he is british

EsteemedLeader
havent you seen "Eurotrip"? that british guy opened two beers with his eyes!!!

GalacticStorm
actually GS, class 100 is alot more than class 90 if you really get into the mechanics of it.....10ton difference in overhead press, the way they measure strength in marvel, is a HUGE difference in effective strength...If Cap tried to fight in close Colossus would man handle him, period.
Yes Cap has superhuman reflexes but only barely, Colossus is extremely agile as well,not superhuman, but damn good. Not a big enough differnence to give an decisive edge to cap.
Cap is definately less durable than Colossus, and has considerably less combat experience.

Lg im an avid Marvel fan and i have been for many years. Im well aware of how the system works. What you're not understanding is not every class 100 can lift ridiculous amounts. Some are low level. Colossus for most of the time he has been in comics was class 70 however it was always stated that because he was a teenager he would probably get a bit stronger as he reaches adulthood. Colossus has now gone up to beng able to lift 100 tons. He is a low level class 100 he is not much stronger than CB. They are on par with each other.

Whirlysplatt

lol and Colossus is Russian and your an Americansmile

Actually Cap is much faster than Colossus and the speed difference will more than make up for it. As for experience, he has fought solo a lot more against beings like Jim Jaspers, the Fury, Mordred and Morgana etc etc people who would give all the X men a run for there money as a team. smile

GalacticStorm
Caps various other abilities give him this fight im afraid. Not only is he durable but he also has a force field. His mach speed flight means that he doesnt have to get in close to col to fight. That speed along with his superhuman reflexes means he could speed blitz colossus. CB definitely wins

CorderaMitchell

Yes but who travels faster, and attacks at a higher velocity?

yahman
Colossus isnt actually that much stronger than him. Its only in the last 3 years that colossus has been upgraded from class 70 to low class 100. Strength wouldnt be the deciding factor in this battle.

CB has too much going for him. He's nearly as strong as Colossus plus he flies at mach speed, he has superhuman reflexes which col doesnt have, he is durable, plus he has a forcefield. CB wins.

Ok if this is the case why do so many people (including you Olympian) say that normal Colossus is stronger than Ultimate Colossus. sad

yahman
Lg im an avid Marvel fan and i have been for many years. Im well aware of how the system works. What you're not understanding is not every class 100 can lift ridiculous amounts. Some are low level. Colossus for most of the time he has been in comics was class 70 however it was always stated that because he was a teenager he would probably get a bit stronger as he reaches adulthood. Colossus has now gone up to beng able to lift 100 tons. He is a low level class 100 he is not much stronger than CB. They are on par with each other.

No 1 Knows how the Frikin System Works: It sucks major ass.

Ulik = Class 90 ton

Thor vs Ulik = Close Match

Thor = Lifting Well over 1 million tons

Marvel System = Total bull Shit

smile

GalacticStorm
Very true. Its just a silly assumption to think that every single class 100 hero can lift ridiculous amounts. Even people below class 100 lift ridiculous weights their bio stats suggest they shouldnt be able to. That s why its stated in the old bios that the bench pressing stats are just a bare minimum representative of what those characters can lift according to their comic book apppearances. The fact that Colossus was officially class 70 and has increased to class 100 just as a natural result of adulthood shows that he's not a high level class 100. He never got an upgrade as such he just grew up and got a bit stronger. He's not high level class 100 whose members such as the hulk and Thanos have immeasureable strength and so can lift ridiculous amounts. Thats why Captain Britain who is stated to be class 90 (although his appearances show thats a bare minimum) is on the same level as col although col is just a bit stronger.

yahman
Very true. Its just a silly assumption to think that every single class 100 hero can lift ridiculous amounts. Even people below class 100 lift ridiculous weights their bio stats suggest they shouldnt be able to. That s why its stated in the old bios that the bench pressing stats are just a bare minimum representative of what those characters can lift according to their comic book apppearances. The fact that Colossus was officially class 70 and has increased to class 100 just as a natural result of adulthood shows that he's not a high level class 100. He never got an upgrade as such he just grew up and got a bit stronger. He's not high level class 100 whose members such as the hulk and Thanos have immeasureable strength and so can lift ridiculous amounts. Thats why Captain Britain who is stated to be class 90 (although his appearances show thats a bare minimum) is on the same level as col although col is just a bit stronger.

Thats how i used to see It:
Anyone who was updated to Class 100 was a Low Class 100 +Anyone who fought and had a hard time aginst these characters.

But as you said there are many characters who are below class 100 who can lift way over 100 tons:
Namor, Thing, Iron Man, Classic She Hulk, Wonderman all lifted way over 100 tons and all are Level 6 characters.

The System is SH!Te!!!!!!!!! So i just don't use it

Dark Thor
Captain Britain wins. End of discussion. next thread. Toad vs. Colossus

LGodamus
Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
lol and Colossus is Russian and your an Americansmile

how do you know I am an American?............do you know me.....I hope you dont assume as much in your arguments on these boards or We can all discount what you have to say...because you are guessing. Not everyone posting from america is an american smile

Whirlysplatt
how do you know I am an American?............do you know me.....I hope you dont assume as much in your arguments on these boards or We can all discount what you have to say...because you are guessing.

laughing out loud talk to me when you've finished puberty, or got laid with a girl, the over reaction just shows your unbalanced mind. You made a comment about the British and try and defend it this way.

Grow up

-Kuntz

LGodamus
hmm you know im probably older than you...I am engaged to be married and I was joking...so quit being an ass.......you say the same thing to everyone ....you must be the one in puberty seeing how original your insults are

Dark Thor
how old are you, LGodamus?

Whirlysplatt
hmm you know im probably older than you...I am engaged to be married and I was joking...so quit being an ass.......you say the same thing to everyone ....you must be the one in puberty seeing how original your insults are

Ask around I doubt your older than me laughing out loud

noob big grin

Imitation is flattery thoughsmile

EsteemedLeader
lets get back to the case in point..........which thread was this again?

keep the faith

stay ninja ninja

yahman

Am i the Frinkn youngest person on this Forum. Jesus Christ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! laughing laughing laughing

Dark Thor
im 14

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by yahman
Am i the Frinkn youngest person on this Forum. Jesus Christ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! laughing laughing laughing

laughing out loud maybe

LGodamus
So I guess you are real old then ,Huh?

I guess that is why you're so cranky then...you are a codgey old fogey

Whirlysplatt

laughing out loud and you said my insults were unoriginal smile

yahman
im 14

ooohh Im a bit older than you smile

Dark Thor
seriously? how old? 15,16?

EsteemedLeader
im soon to be 16

Whirlysplatt
im 14

how is puberty going their pal smile

yahman

It was all going pretty well before, but this is pretty lame. sad

Oh well wink

Whirlysplatt
im soon to be 16

Your hormones must be settling nicely then smile I notice your going in the GDF now good choice, debates are a little better there.

yahman
seriously? how old? 15,16?

Is that how old i seem?
Im insulted. bawling

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by yahman
It was all going pretty well before, but this is pretty lame. sad

Oh well wink

Indeed the fish did not bite laughing out loud

ZephroCarnelian

Dude...

I'm getting married in seven days...

Doesn't make you old lol! big grin

------------------------------------

And back to the thread...

I believe that Captain Britain has more than enough at his disposal to take down the Tin Man.

But don't gimme crap about Cap being an intelligent fighter....

You ever read the issue where he was going to attack the Druid Demon - who wasn't actually a threat - and Phoenix told him not to....?

Phoenix flew in between Cap and the DD...

And said... 'Don't try it....'

Cap growls and says - 'Get out of my way... or else.....!!!'

And then he attacks PHOENIX lol...!!!

big grinbig grinbig grin

LGodamus
Im twenty five....and My first post was a joke until whily wanted to be all dickish......because his internet ego was hurt......must have touched a weak spot picking at the british ....My family is from the british isles as well....so cry over it whirly it was a joke get over it or choke on it , makes no difference to me

EsteemedLeader
Your hormones must be settling nicely then smile I notice your going in the GDF now good choice, debates are a little better there.

um, i hope i dont sound stupid saying this, but what is GDF? embarrasment

Whirlysplatt
Yes I remeber when he snuck up on Airwalker Zeph and pulled his energy wings together. I wish you the best for seven days time man smileOriginally posted by ZephroCarnelian
Dude...

I'm getting married in seven days...

Doesn't make you old lol! big grin

------------------------------------

And back to the thread...

I believe that Captain Britain has more than enough at his disposal to take down the Tin Man.

But don't gimme crap about Cap being an intelligent fighter....

You ever read the issue where he was going to attack the Druid Demon - who wasn't actually a threat - and Phoenix told him not to....?

Phoenix flew in between Cap and the DD...

And said... 'Don't try it....'

Cap growls and says - 'Get out of my way... or else.....!!!'

And then he attacks PHOENIX lol...!!!

big grinbig grinbig grin

Whirlysplatt
Im twenty five....and My first post was a joke until whily wanted to be all dickish......because his internet ego was hurt......must have touched a weak spot picking at the british ....My family is from the british isles as well....so cry over it whirly it was a joke get over it or choke on it , makes no difference to me

Fishy Fishy laughing out loud justification laughing out loud

ZephroCarnelian
Yes I remeber when he snuck up on Airwalker Zeph and pulled his energy wings together. I wish you the best for seven days time man smile

Cheers mate. smile

And yeah - Cap is a muppet...

But he's a powerful muppet....

Like Bizarro!!! big grin

Whirlysplatt
um, i hope i dont sound stupid saying this, but what is GDF? embarrasment

General discussion forum

EsteemedLeader
General discussion forum

oh. indeed

Whirlysplatt
Indeed he is an extremely powerful muppet anyone who attempts to take Phoenix and the Fury on is very silly though, the Fury actually killed himsmileOriginally posted by ZephroCarnelian
Cheers mate. smile

And yeah - Cap is a muppet...

But he's a powerful muppet....

Like Bizarro!!! big grin

Whirlysplatt
oh. indeed

Its a good place to go with some good people in ther, I mean their is a lot of great people in here its just generally better debates, because you can bring your education, life experiences etc in more.

GalacticStorm
""""""""""anyone who attempts to take Phoenix and the Fury on is very silly """"""""""""""""

Theres a good boy big grin

Whirlysplatt
""""""""""anyone who attempts to take Phoenix and the Fury on is very silly """"""""""""""""

Theres a good boy big grin

Except for Zebedee

and Galactus (full powered) imo

GalacticStorm
Except for Zebedee

and Galactus (full powered) imo

Its cool old men are ever set in their ways.

ZephroCarnelian
Yup... don't let Galactic know, but I think full powered Big G could too... smile

Oh crap!! It's a public forum....

*Puts ear plugs in before Galactic starts ranting*

wink

Whirlysplatt
Phoenix blah blah blah laughing out loud

ZephroCarnelian
lol! big grin

GalacticStorm
Read Galactus' bio in the F4 Hbook and you'll see that Phoenix had a part in creating the old timer. She allowed him to survive the death of the old universe so he could join with Eternity. Dont worry about it guys you cant be right all the time. sad big grin

Whirlysplatt
Read Galactus' bio in the F4 Hbook and you'll see that Phoenix had a part in creating the old timer. She allowed him to survive the death of the old universe so he could join with Eternity. Dont worry about it guys you cant be right all the time. sad big grin

Fishy Fishy smile

GalacticStorm
Fishy Fishy smile

Yeah well I dont care!!!!! stick out tongue

Whirlysplatt
Yeah well I dont care!!!!! stick out tongue

smile if you say so GS smile

Dark Thor
bump

guy222
Brian

Wei Phoenix
Brian does win.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.