Warpath vs. The Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the Darkone
Warpath (james proudstar)
ht: 7'2
wt: 950 lbs.

vs.

The Thing
ht: 6'0
wt: 500

jinzin
dead draw....according to stats, they are exactly the same in every department.....

however my opinion leans towards thing based on willpower....not much else..

armandovalles
first of all, the Thing is now 6'2'' and 650 lbs, he increased since his classic days. Secondly, the Thing is stronger than Warpath. Warpath is Class 75, the Thing is a low-level Class 100. The Thing also, in my opinion, both has more heart and better fighting skills. And lastly, the Thing is far more durable, so the Thing, in my opinion, takes this pretty easily.

jinzin
warpath is class 80 to 90 something..not too shabby....

they have the same durability....

stormfront13
can't warpath or somebody like him fly now?

ZephroCarnelian
Funny how someone always mentions 'herat' in a Thing thread lol! big grin

Supes has heatr... a lot of people have heart...

Why doesn't it count as a bonus for them too lol? big grin

jinzin
can he? who knows?

all I know is a saw the guy fight with juggernaught for like 3 comics straight (an entire night in the continuity of it)...and he wasn't even hurt...

jinzin
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
Funny how someone always mentions 'herat' in a Thing thread lol! big grin

Supes has heatr... a lot of people have heart...

Why doesn't it count as a bonus for them too lol? big grin

not to say I don't get his point...but I tend to agree..going by forum rules at least...stupid rules....

ZephroCarnelian
lol! smile

the Darkone
Originally posted by armandovalles
first of all, the Thing is now 6'2'' and 650 lbs, he increased since his classic days. Secondly, the Thing is stronger than Warpath. Warpath is Class 75, the Thing is a low-level Class 100. The Thing also, in my opinion, both has more heart and better fighting skills. And lastly, the Thing is far more durable, so the Thing, in my opinion, takes this pretty easily.

What the f**k? Your wrong The Thing is 6'0 500 lbs fantastic four 2005 handbook from marvel last time you said he was 6'8 1200 lbs make up your mind check the marvel.com web site , and now he can lift 90 tons, and where warpath can lift 95 tons (updated) and he can fly now he is under colossus and juggernaut in strength. It will be a real slug fest edge too warpath by a inch.

armandovalles
well last time, what i actually said was 7'2'' and 1500 lbs, and i was referring to Ultimate Thing.

jinzin
this isn't an ultimate debate...what's the matter with you?

grey fox
it's because ultimate thing is better then normal thing and arman knows it ... i noticed this he constantly goes on any thing threads , i am starting to think he may be a fan-boy

jinzin
well I'm not about to start cucking that term out there..but it is QUITE appearant that he is a serious fan of the thing....that's for damned sure....i'm not gonna hold it against the guy though...but seriously...lets keep this marvel 616 shall we?

long pig
Warpath has instantaneous reflexes......I think.

He can fly?
Isn't he dead?

Tony Stark
One question who has Warpath fought and beat?

Not even in the same ballpark with The THING.

Ben 8/10

jinzin
like I said I've seen warpath go at it with juggernaught they fought for an entire issue or so and he was boasting he wasn't even hurt yet....the rest of the x-force showed up as did spiderman and they fought him off all evening...but the fact that he held juggy for the better part of that afternoon was impressive.....the only time I remember thing and juggy going at it thing got downed in one hit...

Tony Stark
Originally posted by jinzin
like I said I've seen warpath go at it with juggernaught they fought for an entire issue or so and he was boasting he wasn't even hurt yet....the rest of the x-force showed up as did spiderman and they fought him off all evening...but the fact that he held juggy for the better part of that afternoon was impressive.....the only time I remember thing and juggy going at it thing got downed in one hit...

You, me and every other comic guy knows that was BS. SW BS.

Please don't tell me your counting that as a loss?

And my question still has yet to be answered. Who has Warpath EVER beaten that says he has a shot against a guy who has fought everybody who's ever been large and in charge.

The 1st time you talked about WP and Juggs you said that the fight went on for 3 comics.

Now you say that it was just a part of an afternoon.

Which one is it.

The THING wins.

Not close.

jinzin
warpath fought him for part of an afternoon alone that part of the fight lasted 1 and a half comics....the other one and a half comics was the fight after the x-force and spidey joined in........i just I'd clarify that..he was still getting into it with juggy, still taking abuse and still uneffeced by it though.....

too be honest I don't know who the guys beaten....I'm not that big a fan of his.....but I know who didn't beat him in one punch (i.e. juggernaught) lol......

in either case statistically speaking they are the exact same... if he got upgrades I'd venture to say he's probably the favorite for this fight then...

Tony Stark
warpath fought him for part of an afternoon alone that part of the fight lasted 1 and a half comics....the other one and a half comics was the fight after the x-force and spidey joined in........i just I'd clarify that..he was still getting into it with juggy, still taking abuse and still uneffeced by it though.....

too be honest I don't know who the guys beaten....I'm not that big a fan of his.....but I know who didn't beat him in one punch (i.e. juggernaught) lol......

in either case statistically speaking they are the exact same... if he got upgrades I'd venture to say he's probably the favorite for this fight then...

confused

long pig
Juggernaut beating Thing in less than three punches is perfect writing.

Thing just isn't on par with high level strong men, and even the highest aren't on par with Jugs.

So, if Warpath lasted more that three shots with Jugs, then he'd beat Thing more often than not.

jinzin
Originally posted by long pig

Thing just isn't on par with high level strong men, and even the highest aren't on par with Jugs.

So, if Warpath lasted more that three shots with Jugs, then he'd beat Thing more often than not.

thank you long pig. you put my own thoughts into writing far better than I could ever hope to... laughing out loud

Tony Stark

Yeah Ben can go all day with a enraged HULK but can't get past 2 punches from Juggs. AAAAALLLLLRRRRIIIIGGGGHHHHTTTTTYYYYY then.

Wonder Man
Warpath is a 100 ton class strength.
When he fought Juggernaut in early X-force, Cain commented(cool thing about Juggernaut battles are his timely comments)how Warpath reminded him of Colossus in strength.
Thing used to be able to beat Colossus. I doubt he could now.
Warpath I bet has even fallen behind the big Russian as to date. However I see him to be like Colossus to and that he will get stronger as well as he grows up.
Thing right now is prob. tipping 100 ton strength. I don't see him getting any stronger than that unless his invulnerability should increase by the cosmic ray effect, making him denser like a black hole or something.
That'd be a good way to kill the F.F. by the way. Turn Cosmic rays against them and in effect black hole em to death.
Warpath is tipping 100 ton too.
I just don't see because the Thing was a boxer that he is the all time champion of fighting.
This is like the n f l where new recruits are constantly working out and getting more skilled by the day. Out with the old and in with the new so to speak.
Least of all Ben will finally have to change his boxers after meeting Proudstar.

Lucid Lui
Warpath wins....

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Yeah Ben can go all day with a enraged HULK but can't get past 2 punches from Juggs. AAAAALLLLLRRRRIIIIGGGGHHHHTTTTTYYYYY then. Thing does not go all day vs. Hulk. The Juggernaut/Thing fight was perfectly written.

Warpath most likely will win this fight.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/WolverinecuttinThing.jpg

Tony Stark
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Thing does not go all day vs. Hulk. The Juggernaut/Thing fight was perfectly written.

Warpath most likely will win this fight.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/WolverinecuttinThing.jpg

#1 Who has Warpath actually beaten in a fight that is in Ben's class...?

#2 snoopdoggs posts < Comic logic

Ben beats Warpath without breaking a sweat...

Ask yourself this question... Can Warpath beat Blasstar... Dragonman... The Destroyer...Wonderman... The HULK...Etc... Ben has...And they were all done at CL85 when he's now CL100...

How long would he last against The Champion...?

I'll give you the cheat sheet... NO...NO...NO...NO...NO... 5 Seconds

cool

Wynndar
Originally posted by Wonder Man
Warpath is a 100 ton class strength.
When he fought Juggernaut in early X-force, Cain commented(cool thing about Juggernaut battles are his timely comments)how Warpath reminded him of Colossus in strength.
Thing used to be able to beat Colossus. I doubt he could now.
Warpath I bet has even fallen behind the big Russian as to date. However I see him to be like Colossus to and that he will get stronger as well as he grows up.
Thing right now is prob. tipping 100 ton strength. I don't see him getting any stronger than that unless his invulnerability should increase by the cosmic ray effect, making him denser like a black hole or something.
That'd be a good way to kill the F.F. by the way. Turn Cosmic rays against them and in effect black hole em to death.
Warpath is tipping 100 ton too.
I just don't see because the Thing was a boxer that he is the all time champion of fighting.
This is like the n f l where new recruits are constantly working out and getting more skilled by the day. Out with the old and in with the new so to speak.
Least of all Ben will finally have to change his boxers after meeting Proudstar.
You've got some good ideas...but I think ur information may be a little off. When was Thing a boxer and why is that relative? Ben Grimm has always been a great fighter whether he was the Thing or not, even when he lost his powers he still fought with the F4 as a plain human or as a human in strength augmenting suit.

Concerning Warpath, as a teenager and in his old marvel universe entry he was classed at 90 tons although it was stated that he would be in the 100 ton class as an adult. The same goes for Colossus who was class 75 and is now stronger. However, to say either Colossus or Warpath are stronger than Thing, is purely an assumption. Colossus is considered the strongest X-Man ever however his strength is rated at a 6 in his most recent handbook entry. This doesnt mean he cant lift 100 tons, I think he is portrayed in that same area. The people with 7s in that category tend to demonstrate unlimited or exponential strength increases like Hulk or Thanos. Thing, Warpath, Colossus, Namor....they were all given 6's in the most recent handbook...it doesnt imply they cant lift 100 tons because they can...it just means they demonstrate a finite level of incredible strength. I will also point out that the Thing's powers are always on the increase, and he did possess this immeasurable 7 level of strength after his second time being bombarded by cosmic rays...even when he exposed himself to cosmic rays on purpose in F4#350 in order to rescue sharon ventura, he admitted himself that this was the strongest he had ever been.

Anyway, everyone knows Im a big Thing fan and will argue for his side all day long. Thing is clearly one of the premier heroes on Earth in the strength and durability department. When one factors in his fighting skills and will power, his significance is undeniable.

Warpath has had some great showings especially the instance with Juggernaut. However, Juggernaut's an X-Men villain and has been beaten up by them a lot. However marginally "unstoppable" Juggernaut claims to be, he has been physically battered or challenged in at least half of his showings, even the classic Juggernaut. Its convenient how so many people ignore this. nonetheless, it was a very impressive demonstration of Warpath's strength and stamina to take him on like that.

Thing vs. Juggernaut? Please...this is not a genuine example...furthermore it was Thing vs Juggernaut in addition to 98 other villains...and in the end, Thing won. Its funny how some people try to act like this issue made the Thing look bad. However, if one reads the entire issue it only makes the Thing look more impressive.

The list of characters the Thing has taken on one on one is more impressive than Warpath's and Colossus' combined, i.e. The Destroyer, Gladiator, Hulk, Wonderman, She-Hulk, Occulus, Dragonman, the Wrecker, Blackbolt, Namor, Blastarr, Annihilus, Paibok, The Superskrull, The Avengers, etc. Additionally, the Thing also survived the explosion that destroyed a planet sized cosmic being (Ego) deomonstrating he is also one of the most durable heroes on Earth.

So like I said, there is little evidence that in the case of Thing, Warpath, or Colossus, one is stronger than the others. However we do know that the Thing can and eventually will be stronger. Furthermore he has the strongest "portfolio" of who he has individually fought.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Wynndar

Thing vs. Juggernaut? Please...this is not a genuine example...furthermore it was Thing vs Juggernaut in addition to 98 other villains...and in the end, Thing won. Its funny how some people try to act like this issue made the Thing look bad. However, if one reads the entire issue it only makes the Thing look more impressive.

Thing fought the other 98 villains amped up by magic. His power was amplified. When he fought Juggy Mephisto took his power back from Thing.

Things confidence was at a all-time high and he was still trashed by Juggernaut.

snoopdogg

Ask yourself this question... Can Warpath beat Blasstar... Dragonman... The Destroyer...Wonderman... The HULK...Etc... Ben has...And they were all done at CL85 when he's now CL100...

cool Why can't you be more of a Thing fan like Wynndar?

One with common sense.

Dark Urizen
I agree. Thing was non-aided by magic in that fight. But hasn't he also had other fights with Juggernaut that he's lost?

Wynndar
Thing fought the other 98 villains amped up by magic. His power was amplified. When he fought Juggy Mephisto took his power back from Thing.

Things confidence was at a all-time high and he was still trashed by Juggernaut.

I love how u act like it was to Thing's advantage to actually be 1/100th the strength he thought he was when he faced Juggernaut. Thats like saying a pole vaulter will jump higher if he thinks he's jumping with a carbon fiber poll when he's actually holding a broomstick. The Thing was caught off guard and unaware that his powers had been stripped. He was never KO'd and still stopped the Juggernaut from reaching the Beyonder. Strangely enough, all the Thing had to do was grab the "unstoppable" Juggernaut's leg to stop his momentum and make him fall on his face. Thing stopped Juggernaut and the other 98 villains from touching the Beyonder which in turn saved the universe from Mephisto...in the words of George Bush, "Mission Accomplished". hehehe

I noticed that u disregarded the rest of my post by the way....I'll assume u agree Thing would beat Warpath.

jinzin
I love how u act like it was to Thing's advantage to actually be 1/100th the strength he thought he was when he faced Juggernaut. Thats like saying a pole vaulter will jump higher if he thinks he's jumping with a carbon fiber poll when he's actually holding a broomstick. The Thing was caught off guard and unaware that his powers had been stripped. He was never KO'd and still stopped the Juggernaut from reaching the Beyonder. Strangely enough, all the Thing had to do was grab the "unstoppable" Juggernaut's leg to stop his momentum and make him fall on his face. Thing stopped Juggernaut and the other 98 villains from touching the Beyonder which in turn saved the universe from Mephisto...in the words of George Bush, "Mission Accomplished". hehehe

I noticed that u disregarded the rest of my post by the way....I'll assume u agree Thing would beat Warpath.

you just quoted george bush...

with the exception of warpath beats thing, I'm not even going to reply to the rest of that... sick

snoopdogg
I love how u act like it was to Thing's advantage to actually be 1/100th the strength he thought he was when he faced Juggernaut. It's called confidence. People do better with it then without it in any sport.Originally posted by Wynndar

He was never KO'd and still stopped the Juggernaut from reaching the Beyonder.

I think you are mistaken.

long pig
Thing get's Three-Shot K.O'd.........again.sad

AAaaannnddd

He's outta here!

golem370
Ultimate Thing-HEIGHT: 7 ft. 5 in.
WEIGHT: 1650 lbs.
EYES: Blue
HAIR: None
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES: Ben has orange rock-like skin, three fingers and a thumb on each hand, and four toes on each foot.

SUPERHUMAN POWERS: Ben's strength limit is still unknown. His arm strength was measured at over seven tons per square inch, sufficient to tear through a twelve-inch-thick steel door. The resistance of Ben's hide is also not fully measured; however, he is bulletproof, and has taken a bazooka in the chest at close range, which was sufficient to knock him off his feet but not damage him. Ben is capable of surviving in alien atmospheres such as Nihil's toxically acidic environment.

PARAPHERNALIA: Ben's impact suit can withstand immense damage without shredding.

jinzin
Thing get's Three-Shot K.O'd.........again.sad

AAaaannnddd

He's outta here!

exactly....

warpath= over a day toe to toeing with juggernaught...

thing= 3 hitter quiter puts him out of the fight.

jinzin
Originally posted by golem370
Ultimate Thing-HEIGHT: 7 ft. 5 in.
WEIGHT: 1650 lbs.
EYES: Blue
HAIR: None
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES: Ben has orange rock-like skin, three fingers and a thumb on each hand, and four toes on each foot.

SUPERHUMAN POWERS: Ben's strength limit is still unknown. His arm strength was measured at over seven tons per square inch, sufficient to tear through a twelve-inch-thick steel door. The resistance of Ben's hide is also not fully measured; however, he is bulletproof, and has taken a bazooka in the chest at close range, which was sufficient to knock him off his feet but not damage him. Ben is capable of surviving in alien atmospheres such as Nihil's toxically acidic environment.

PARAPHERNALIA: Ben's impact suit can withstand immense damage without shredding.

what the ****? this isn't an ultimate debate What the f**k?

snoopdogg
Well going by the 2003 Encyclopedia I would say Thing is stronger than Warparth. James has a 5 rating in strength.

I think I am leaning towards Thing to win atleast 6/10. James is faster and can fly so that will be hard for Ben overcome.

jinzin
the hell? did his strength class go down? What the f**k?

snoopdogg
the hell? did his strength class go down? What the f**k? As far as I know he has always be 75 tons max. Thing is 85 tons.

jinzin
nope.. him and thing have been at the same strength classification for years.. as I said before statistically they've always been a dead draw...

snoopdogg
Well if Thing looses his strength advantage then I would have to go with Warpath to win then.

Speed, strength, flight, etc. Too many advantages.

Tony Stark
Why can't you be more of a Thing fan like Wynndar?

One with common sense.

I guess that other than possibly the part about your lack of comic logic...

You really can't bring any arguement to my other common sense statements and I have yet to hear from one Warpath supporter about who he's ever beat... I'm sure he's beaten somebody with a name right...?

Snoop whats your thoughts on those characters that Ben has beaten above when it's Warpath their up against...?

By the way welcome back Wynndar long time no post...

cool

jinzin

cool

probably longer than ben lasted against juggernaught... roll eyes (sarcastic)

snoopdogg

You really can't bring any arguement to my other common sense statements and I have yet to hear from one Warpath supporter about who he's ever beat... I'm sure he's beaten somebody with a name right...?

Snoop whats your thoughts on those characters that Ben has beaten above when it's Warpath their up against...?

Common sense would tell you Thing has alot more comic appearances than Warpath does.

Thing probably lost more fights than he won.

jinzin
Common sense would tell you Thing has alot more comic appearances than Thing does.

uhhhhh confused

Tony Stark
probably longer than ben lasted against juggernaught... roll eyes (sarcastic)

laughing

Jinzins half hour comedy hour...

4 shows nightly...

The comic genius of jinzin never ends...

Please remember to tip your waiters and waitreses...

He'll be here all week...

Thank you and goodnight...

wink

jinzin
being a thing fan, I was surprised you found thing getting an ass raping that funny... wow... eek!

snoopdogg
uhhhhh confused I'm tryin to to this and watch football at the same time. It's hard.

Tony Stark
Common sense would tell you Thing has alot more comic appearances than Thing does.

Thing probably lost more fights than he won.

Not true on both accounts but...

You... still... don't... answer... the...questions...

Warpath has beaten someone decent right...? Who is it...?

And how would he do against those characters I listed that Ben has already beaten at CL85...?

Tony Stark
I'm tryin to to this and watch football at the same time. It's hard.

Come on it's the F'n Packers and the Lions...

Playing in the Bush, Young or Lienhert bowl...

Ooooohhh how exciting...

Vikes rule the North silly... The Bears are pretenders...

cool

long pig
Thing loses against the Bears.

Tony Stark
being a thing fan, I was surprised you found thing getting an ass raping that funny... wow... eek!

Thats all you ever say... Thats whats funny a bogus SW not even a fight scene... As a loss for Ben in 3 punches...

Thats all you can ever bring up and thats cool it just proves my point...

Your a very funny guy...

Because If you'll remember Ben did stop the "UNSTOPABLE JUGGERNAUT" with one hand...

It's funny you never bring that up...

And in grand scheme of things Ben did complete his objective not 1 of the 100 villians touched The Beyonder...

So he did win after all...

Tony Stark
Thing loses against the Bears.

Only if Ditka's playing all 22 postions...

jinzin
Thats all you ever say... Thats whats funny a bogus SW not even a fight scene... As a loss for Ben in 3 punches...

Thats all you can ever bring up and thats cool it just proves my point...

Your a very funny guy...

Because If you'll remember Ben did stop the "UNSTOPABLE JUGGERNAUT" with one hand...

It's funny you never bring that up...

And in grand scheme of things Ben did complete his objective not 1 of the 100 villians touched The Beyonder...

So he did win after all...

laughing out loud yeah he certainly looked like he won all right...
laughing out loud

now who's being funny? roll eyes (sarcastic)

snoopdogg

Now I know you did not read the book. laughing

Tony Stark
laughing out loud yeah he certainly looked like he won all right...
laughing out loud

now who's being funny? roll eyes (sarcastic)

You tell me... Ben was given a task and a goal and he completed and achieved it...

Sounds like he lost right...?

confused

The UNSTOPABLE JUGGERNAUT was only able to knock Ben down after 3 hits...

Ben took The UNSTOPABLE JUGGERNAUT down with only 1 hand laid upon him 1 time...

Who's the pussy now...?

Happy Dance

Tony Stark
Now I know you did not read the book. laughing

Are you saying that Ben didn't grab Juggernaut by the leg and that Juggernaut didn't fall down...?

confused

snoopdogg
Are you saying that Ben didn't grab Juggernaut by the leg and that Juggernaut didn't fall down...?

confused Yea that did happen but then Juggy was teleported away.

Basicaly he tripped Juggy when he was done dealing with Thing.

jinzin
yes but tripping juggernaught after juggernaught already trounced him is CLEARLY a win for thing... CLEARLY! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Tony Stark
Yea that did happen but then Juggy was teleported away.

Basicaly he tripped Juggy when he was done dealing with Thing.

Yes Juggernaut was teleported away after Ben completed his job of stopping all 100 villians from even touching The Beyonder...

Juggernaut being the 100th villian when Ben grabed his leg and made The UNSTOPABLE JUGGERNAUT fall down with 1 hand... the task was completed and the villians were sent away...

So everything that i said was very much true... You just don't want to admit it went down like that...

Because Ben did take down The UNSTOPABLE JUGGERNAUT with just one hand... And that doesn't seem to taste very good to you...

So you seem to try to poo-poo it away...

If your going to use the UNSTOPABLE JUGGERNAUT knocking Ben down in 3 hits... you've also got to take the Ben stopping The UNSTOPABLE JUGGERNAUT with one hand...

Fair is fair...

Wynndar
I quoted george bush to be cynical...Im not a bush fan...Im Black...just wanted to clear that up...

Anyway...Im not going to argue it anymore...not only did Thing stop Juggernaut when they fought with Thing at a clear disadvantage...it doesnt matter, that stupid issue and stupid fight were little more than comic relief. It wasnt an issue of Byrne's F4...it was an issue of secret wars 2.

Just like Tony has pointed out, Warpath has beaten no one of significance while the Thing is the strong character of the F4 and has a better profile than any other strong guys except Thor and Hulk. Warpath actually hasnt beaten anyone at all. He kinda sucks as a character all around...thats why he doesnt have much comic significance.

The same people say the Thing loses as usual because they have some bizarre hatred of a comic book character...its pretty sad.

Wonder Man
Warpath.

snoopdogg
Current Warpath gets beat. He's been depowered to Class 25 and lost his flight abilites. Not enough to be a 85 tonner with some nice skills of his own.

guy222
Current Warpath gets beat. He's been depowered to Class 25 and lost his flight abilites. Not enough to be a 85 tonner with some nice skills of his own.

warpath

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.