After seeing Ep. III - Newfound respect for I and II?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kalsemo
After having seen ROTS, has anyone gone back and seen TPM and AOTC with a fresh light? I personally saw the first two and thought they were so-so.... but after seeing ROTS numerous times, when I went back and looked at EP I and II again, there were things in it I could appreciate differently... for example, some of the dialogue and some of the foreshadowing elements, even if those elements at the time (before seeing ROTS) were not completely understood or given fair credit.

What you you all think. Comments?

Stunrun
I had tons of respect for TPM and AOTC anyway (which IS rare) but some of the foreshadowing was still interesting to go back and see it developethumb up if anything, i see Vader in a new light when i see the OT

Jedi Priestess
^ ^ ^^^^

Ditto yes

.:Space Opera:.
i dunno about respect...but perhaps a better outlook on the previous two, a different approach and an atmospheric change to the first two maybe.

DeVi| D0do
Actually... Episode III makes me hate Episode II even more... eek!

vader519
After watching RTOS, now TPM and ATOC make so much more sense, and they are better movies now.

Smegulated
i love all the new episode 3, the problem for most fans is that they wanted episodes 1 and 2 to have more meaning in the grand scheme of star wars. what they got was in epi 1 was a introductory fun adventure like a epi 4. not that much of it was that important.

also most fans favourite film was empire strikes back. after waiting 30 years they expect every new episode to be as reveling, exciting and dark as the empire strikes back. its also the HUGE anticipation that if let down destroys the film.

most people wanted episode 1 to be bad anikin turn to darth vader
i actually prefere it the what it is, as its a much darker story

kalsemo
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do

How come?

Anakin2Vader

Same here... I always liked Episode 1 and still think it is good except the kid being way too young and the Jar Jar... and I thought Episode 2 had great potential to go from there and for the first 20 mins of Ep 2 they had me fooled but instead it became just a horribly slow waste of time ending with the worst duels of the entire trilogy and now after seeing Episode 3 I wonder where this GL was during Ep 2

Dark Exile

I agree, bah. TPM and AOTC were horrible.

Eleonora
Actually, in many ways AOTC is still my favourite among the prequels.

pr1983

Ditto...

jerlark386
Well to answer your question in a nutshell

I believe the word to sum up all my feelings and thoughts, is....

Drum roooll please!

No.
In fact, everything in episode one and two could've pretty much been one movie. I feel dumber now, for having watched them.

Red Superfly
Episode III merely emphasised how pointless and rubbish Episodes I and II were.

So no.

OB1-adobe
I don't fully undertand why people continously ***** about these movies. I really don't.

I think they are fine. all of them.

Essentially, yeah eps 1 & 2 are really about nothing in a contained sense. But in a broader scale the events that transpire in those films meen a lot in the saga. Mostly for understanding purposes.

This is why I can't stress enough that future generations need to watch it sequentially.

on a side note, golf is a bad ass game, and i hope to be playing it much more in the future.

bobcrickett
Originally posted by Stunrun
I had tons of respect for TPM and AOTC anyway (which IS rare) but some of the foreshadowing was still interesting to go back and see it developethumb up if anything, i see Vader in a new light when i see the OT

Agreed.

kalsemo
Originally posted by OB1-adobe

Essentially, yeah eps 1 & 2 are really about nothing in a contained sense. But in a broader scale the events that transpire in those films meen a lot in the saga. Mostly for understanding purposes.

Very nicely said. smile

DeVi| D0do
Episode I has great significance in terms of backstory. I have nothing against Episode I...

But, apart from the scenes on Tatooine, there is nothing else in Episode II worth watching for any reason. And the duels freakin suck.

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by kalsemo
Very nicely said. smile

Thanks man.

But yeah the whole story that is SW, doesn't necessarely get going until the last 40 minutes of AOTC. Palps got his army, the clone war began, and anikan started down his dark path that will forever dominate his destiny.

But for me, if i can watch all 6 in one day and be totally entertained, I think GL did a fine job.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.