Odin, Zeus, and Zuras vs Galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Erebus
Everyone is at full strength, who wins? My money is on Galactus, after a hard fight.

olympian
I personally think these 3 at full power can win.

long pig
Maybe....Galactus HATES magic. He has no defense against it, he works on strictly scientific means.

I really have a hard time saying Galactus loses against anyone because of who he is.

Even those pics I post all the time of Strange taking him out, I really don't like it.

olympian
That and also the reason why i say the 3 can take it its because the difference between Galactus and high skyfathers like Zeus and Odin isent a huge leap like lets say....a Celestials-Skyfather one.

If this was just one skyfather i would give the win to Galactus but the 3 together makes me give the nod.

Darth_Erebus
Originally posted by olympian
That and also the reason why i say the 3 can take it its because the difference between Galactus and high skyfathers like Zeus and Odin isent a huge leap like lets say....a Celestials-Skyfather one.

If this was just one skyfather i would give the win to Galactus but the 3 together makes me give the nod.

I beg to differ. Galactus at full power is on par with or even higher than most Celestials. In the Marvel universe the only ones more powerful than Galactus are the Abstracts.

ImmortalOne
Who are the Abstracts ??

olympian
"The hulk already beat all the guys of the list in the past and it would be much easier for him to fight them in a gauntlet since his strenght would increase more and more.....no chance for his opponents if his power increases with his strenght"

I keep reading some of this nature, but truth to tell when has he ever in the Marvel - cannon - universe been on a level with most of the Celestials. Marvel earth x (if thats where it happened him defeating two Celestials) isent cannon.

Also him being higher in a hierarquy with Lady death and Eternity, its more in my opinion to do with the fact that he comes from the universe that existed before the current one. Not necessarily higher power.

If im wrong, feel free to counter it back.

long pig
Abstracts are :
Eternity,Death, Chaos, Order and maybe In-Betweener.

Nightmare and Fear may be called Abstracts too.

long pig
"The hulk already beat all the guys of the list in the past and it would be much easier for him to fight them in a gauntlet since his strenght would increase more and more.....no chance for his opponents if his power increases with his strenght"

I keep reading some of this nature, but truth to tell when has he ever in the Marvel - cannon - universe been on a level with most of the Celestials. Marvel earth x (if thats where it happened him defeating two Celestials) isent cannon.

Also him being higher in a hierarquy with Lady death and Eternity, its more in my opinion to do with the fact that he comes from the universe that existed before the current one. Not necessarily higher power.

If im wrong, feel free to counter it back.
Wrong thread.stick out tongue

ImmortalOne
DUde, he has the Total POWER of his origin Universe !!!

long pig
who?

ImmortalOne
Galan

long pig
Oh, true.
But I still have seen him with some amazingly horrible showings against magic.....erm
Even if I don't agree with it, it's there.

I think he'd win though.

GalacticStorm
Galactus at full power is more powerful than any of the Celestials IMO. He is the balancing force between Eternity and Death making sure both concepts have equal reign within a reality. Noone but the most powerful of the abstracts can defeat a full powered Galactus. The Celestials are just servants of the abstracts made by them to sow genetic potential throughout a universe in order to eventually give rise to "omega beings". The Celestials are merely tools used by the abstracts to bring about the end. A celestial is no match for a full powered Galactus.

The worlds pantheons combined energies couldnt faze a single celestial of the 3rd host. Odin,Zeus and Zuras will go down to a full powered Galactus.

KillAll
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Galactus at full power is more powerful than any of the Celestials IMO.

exactly... in your opinion. your opinion goes against any showing of a celestial vs galactus power. directly compared EVERY time, a celestial has been shown to be not only more powerful, but by leaps and bounds. there should be no mistake about whos more powerful

He is the balancing force between Eternity and Death making sure both concepts have equal reign within a reality.

do you know for sure what galactus' purpose is?? i believe even he is unsure of his purpose...

Noone but the most powerful of the abstracts can defeat a full powered Galactus.

riiiiiiight...

The Celestials are just servants of the abstracts made by them to sow genetic potential throughout a universe in order to eventually give rise to "omega beings". The Celestials are merely tools used by the abstracts to bring about the end.

this has only been theorized, nobody knows why the celestials are here, or where they come from... so nothing you have said so far is more than your opinion, which is flat out wrong, by actual in continuity appearances of galactus vs. a celestial.

The worlds pantheons combined energies couldnt faze a single celestial of the 3rd host. Odin,Zeus and Zuras will go down to a full powered Galactus.

of this is your reasoning you should be voting for a celestial... if they couldnt phase a single celestial in numbers but one could repel galactus, then the big G is in trouble.

olympian
"Wrong thread"

Holy crap, i totally messed that one up big grin

"exactly... in your opinion. your opinion goes against any showing of a celestial vs galactus power. directly compared EVERY time, a celestial has been shown to be not only more powerful, but by leaps and bounds. there should be no mistake about whos more powerful"

Thats my doubt. When has he been show to be able to defeat easily a Celestial. Cannon i mean. Wasent it stated during Walters Simoson run the difference in theyr power levels?

"of this is your reasoning you should be voting for a celestial... if they couldnt phase a single celestial in numbers but one could repel galactus, then the big G is in trouble."

To give Galactus some props, He was in hunger when he was reppeled from Asgard. Notheless it shows the difference between him and Zeus/Odin all at full power isent heaps and bounds. They can do damage. Only one wont win. but three?

GalacticStorm
Excuse but when has a celestial been compared against a full power Galactus?

Yes i know of Galactus' purpose. It is stated in the F4 Hbook that Eternity said his purpose is to act as a balancing force between him and Death. Galactus at full power is a force to be reckoned with as the balancing force between these abstracts he's greater than all but Eternity and Death themselves. The Celestials are mere tools of the abstracts as was made quite clear in Xmen Forever 3 years ago. I suggest you keep up to date on your info before you go firing off your mouth. At full power as one of the great Trinity that is Eternity, Galactus and Death, at full power he is greater than the tools of the abstracts that are the Celestials.

To my knowledge Galactus has only ever fought Earths heroes in a weakened form so if you're basing your argument on this weakened form of Galactus with his fluctuating power levels Vs the far fewer showings of the stable powered Celestials then the word naive comes to mind. This thread talks of a full powered Galactus who in such a state stands as a peer to Death and Eternity. The Celestials are tools who serve the abstracts.

olympian
What exact issue stated they are merely paws of the Abstracts. Any scans avaiable?

GalacticStorm
What exact issue stated they are merely paws of the Abstracts. Any scans avaiable?

Read Xmen Forever. Its easily downloaded. Or if thats not possible ask someone who has read it and has access to a scanner to come up with the goods. I told Kg to read it and he's always good fo scans so he's a good bet.

olympian
Thanks. Ill check.

ZephroCarnelian
All three of these guys could take him down.

Maybe not KILL him - but certainly defeat him by some means.

Thor with Odin's power managed to rout him from Asgard - even though I'll admit Big G was in a poor state at the time.

Zeus is on par with Odin, quite easily.

I give this to the three.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
All three of these guys could take him down.

Maybe not KILL him - but certainly defeat him by some means.

Thor with Odin's power managed to rout him from Asgard - even though I'll admit Big G was in a poor state at the time.

Zeus is on par with Odin, quite easily.

I give this to the three.

You've just admitted that Zeus or Odin for all their power can merely drive a weakened Galactus away. So how on earth can you justify voting for those three against a full power Galactus, who the comics say is a peer to Eternity and Death, the balancing force between them.

ZephroCarnelian
I believe that he might be twice as strong at full power.

So it would take twice the heat to make him back off.

Unfortunately, he's against about three times the heat.

smile

And though I may be using an educated guess when it comes to estimating his power state, it's no worse than anyone elses opinion and I stick by it. smile

Peace.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
I believe that he might be twice as strong at full power.

So it would take twice the heat to make him back off.

Unfortunately, he's against about three times the heat.

smile

And though I may be using an educated guess when it comes to estimating his power state, it's no worse than anyone elses opinion and I stick by it. smile

Peace.

Well thats debatable to say the least smile

Galactus as standard in comics is ususally weak, thats when he normally has encounters with the heroes and comes into conflict with them. At full power Galactus is a peer to Eternity and Death so he must have comparable power levels. At full power he has been seen to let his hunger spin out of control and consume a universe and while the comic that happened in isnt continuity it still lets you know what Marvel think he is capable of.

Are you really going to say that a Galactus who can be beaten by Odin is half the power of the full power Galactus who is on par with Eternity and Death and is seen as the balancing force between them? Quite ridiculous.

Xplosive
A celestial is no match for a full powered Galactus.

Of course he is match for him, full powered Galactus may be more powerful, but Celestial still has the power to hurt him, so of course he is match for Galactus.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Xplosive
Of course he is match for him, full powered Galactus may be more powerful, but Celestial still has the power to hurt him, so of course he is match for Galactus.

Just like Namor is a match for the hulk someone Hulk wouldnt swat aside like a flea but you know because of hulks ability to access greater power that hulk would eventually dispatch Namor in most cases. Thats what I meant.

Xplosive
Just like Namor is a match for the hulk someone Hulk wouldnt swat aside like a flea but you know because of hulks ability to access greater power that hulk would eventually dispatch Namor in most cases. Thats what I meant.

Yup, in most cases full powered Glactus would win against Celestial.

long pig
Celestials are slaves, but so is Galactus.
Eternity made Galactus, there is no possible way Galactus is equal to Eternity or Death in power.

In pure power, he is equal or slightly below the Vishanti.
In importance, he is equal to Eternity/Death.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by long pig
Eternity made Galactus, there is no possible way Galactus is equal to Eternity or Death in power.

I never said he was equal to them in power. I said both that he's comparable in power to them when at max and also that he is a peer to them.

long pig
I wasn't replying to anyone in specific, I was just throwing it out there.

GalacticStorm
I.M.O someone who at full power is comparable to Eternity and Death is way too much for this opposition.

kgkg
Originally posted by long pig

false

leonidas
<<false>>

it certainly is. i'll let kg play the bs card though. because i'd like seeing long and kg go at it for once while I sit on the outside and watch . . .

smile

kgkg
First pig Eternity didn't make Galactus

Galactus was formed he combined with his own universe.

It been stated that he can Draw Infinite power.

Of course Eternity will always be stronger because Eternity is an abstract that is all in the Universe.

Vishanti are strong in their own realm bring them outside and Galactus will teach them a thing or two

Solidus Snake
the skyfathers dont have a prayer. galan has more power, experience, and wisdom than all of them combined

leonidas
<<First pig Eternity didn't make Galactus
Galactus was formed he combined with his own universe.
It been stated that he can Draw Infinite power.
Of course Eternity will always be stronger because Eternity is an abstract that is all in the Universe.
Vishanti are strong in their own realm bring them outside and Galactus will teach them a thing or two>>

rock

and g could hold his own against any one of them in THEIR universes as well.

i do disagree with the assumption eternity and death will always be greater, though i've no real evidence to support my belief. i read somewhere that the reason g hasn't figured out what his purpose in the universe is yet (only death and eternity no for sure) is because he was once mortal. i think g is evolving as we go along, and eventually he'll reach a point where he is revealed to be equals with these others. not only that, but he was essentially empowered by the previous universe's eternity.

just my thoughts on a character that is STILL uber cool, despite the fact that he is used far too often as a f$#@!#@ plot device.

golem370
Personally I believe At full power Galactus is Equal to lower celestials and Exitar would smack him around like he does with silver Surfer

golem370
They would have a better chance with Kubik or Beyonder

kgkg
Originally posted by leonidas
<<false>>

it certainly is. i'll let kg play the bs card though. because i'd like seeing long and kg go at it for once while I sit on the outside and watch . . .

smile
evil evil face

Ethereal
How can you say exitar is greater than galactus?

And it was stated the celestials were eternity's workers to explore the material universe, since eternity is abstract. However some celestials, such as the dreaming celestial evolved beyond this and became a force to be reckoned with. the dreaming celestial also created a machine that was on a multi-versal scale level threat, but it was never fully explained after that.

The Celestials are below univeral embodiment abstracts - eternity/death/galactus

and more like on par with franklin richards, the watchers.

leonidas
^^ laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.