Hard Boiled 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

king_arthur
John Woo, one of the masters of action cinema for his balletic gun fights, have sold his soul and agreed to make a hollywood sequel (or remake - most likely) to his mega-popular movie "Hard Boiled" (probably his best known and most loved movie). Starring Denzel Washington in the role of Tequila, the movie will be (probably) a straightforward, PG-13 remake of the fantastic original...a shame, but Washington's presence should bring some light into it (he did a great job portraying a similar character in "Man on Fire"wink.

Hopefully, this would make up for his disappointments of Windtalkers and Paycheck. Hard Boiled, The Killer and Face/off were his best films.

MildPossession
I have heard no official news on this, plus he has like six projects on the go with 3 or 4 of those in early pre production stages...

WindDancer
The Original Hard Boiled is a friggin Kick ass action pack film! Chow Yun Fat was a real kick ass cop in the film. No way would Denzel will capture the style and energy of Tequila. Sorry, won't work and it will suck.

Neo_Version 7
yeah, somehow I don't see Denzel flying over tables with dual pistols shooting some thugs. maybe a few years back, but even then, looks kind of iffy. that's not to say denzel is a bad actor, to me, he just wouldn't fit in with the movie.

MildPossession
Where did you get this information from ka?

general-pain
He's also making a Video Game sequel. Its called strangle hold, and will probably be rated M.

lau_timmy
A PG-13 movie. I love action, so why doesn't John Woo make this a R rated movie with tons of ultra-violent like he did in Hong Kong. By the way Paycheck sucked.

MildPossession
Isn't Woo remaking Le Cercle Rouge? sure I read that somewhere.

king_arthur
Well timmy, the reason he is making PG-13 is to cut down on violence in movies, after the terrorist attacks on America. Even though he made some incredibly violent movies, he believes September 11th has changed the American film industry. Despite his protests, Windtalkers was his last R-rated movie in 2002.

Paycheck was a decent action movie but Woo isn't a sci-fi director. However Face/off was sort of sci-fi and it was origenally set in the future. After reading the script, Woo suggested changing it into the present.

lordofwar
Denzel shooting with two handguns in the air. He is like about 50 years old. We need someone younger. Why can't John Woo choose someone like Clive Owen for Tequila. Nicolas Cage would make a good Tony Leung. After all, they did work with Woo in previous movies.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.