The Thing vs Batman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

armandovalles
The Thing

VS

Batman

The Thing gets 5 minutes of Prep, no helping from FF.

Batman gets 2 hours of Prep, no helping from JLA.

Who wins?

EsteemedLeader
batman. if he can stop superman, he can stop thing. plus, he has the batwing, that will stop thing.

jacobo0o
flying in the batwing he lock on the thing and right before the
batwing is about to crash at the thing he ejects and the thing is dead

but if the thing didnt die from that and can still move right
good bye batman

armandovalles
That would barely even effect the Thing. He's taken punches from the Hulk, the same Hulk who shattered a meteor twice the size of Earth with one punch.

Juntai
Batman uses phantom zone projector.
Endgame

who?-kid
Originally posted by Juntai
Batman uses phantom zone projector.
Endgame
Yeah he does that all the time. Open a comic, any comic, and there he is, Batman with Phantom Zone Projector and all, defeating and banishing some huge powerhouse.

Juntai
He used it on GOG!

who?-kid
Like I said.

Juntai
Right, but you were being sarcastic when you said it, likely assuming Batman had never used it. . . When in fact, he has, and can.

Dark Thor
Batman

who?-kid
Right, but you were being sarcastic when you said it, likely assuming Batman had never used it. . . When in fact, he has, and can.
Let's be real now... it's not like he uses it on a daily basis, to put it very very mildly.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by who?-kid
Let's be real now... it's not like he uses it on a daily basis, to put it very very mildly.

That would be the only way that Batman could do anything to Ben.

I wouldn't exactly call that a win.

Batman couldn't beat him in a fight.

And thats what the thread is about.

THING wins.

Juntai
Right, but he gets 2 hours of prep time to come up with something to defeat him.
And it sure is a way to do it, and not outside of his power
In an outright fight Grimm wins sure
But in two hours, Batman can take down the entire extended JLA.
All 304982385091358092385092384092384023984 members
He EASILLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY takes down Ben

CorderaMitchell
How would batman beat the JLA in 2 hours?

Juntai
There's actually a comic where Ras Al Ghul got ahold of Batmans files and used it to take down the JLA. Which is what got Batman kicked out of the JLA before he was reinstated during some wierd fair-tale world story-arc.

I think it was called Tower of Babel?

Anyways, it's part of the JLA disolving right now.
Because it's when the JLA all reveleaed their identities, and they said there were no more secrets between them, only Batman never told them about Brother 1.

CorderaMitchell
There's actually a comic where Ras Al Ghul got ahold of Batmans files and used it to take down the JLA. Which is what got Batman kicked out of the JLA before he was reinstated during some wierd fair-tale world story-arc.

I think it was called Tower of Babel?

Anyways, it's part of the JLA disolving right now.
Because it's when the JLA all reveleaed their identities, and they said there were no more secrets between them, only Batman never told them about Brother 1.

How would he take out the jLA in 2 hours?

Juntai
Anyways, it was stuff like a microscopic machines he's invented that catch fire when touching the air, take out Martian Manhunter.
K for Superman, as always, and Batman has access to both kinds, red and green, for taking out Supes, a well placed red one will leave supes too scared to move because it amplifies his powers many many fold, and he's basically afraid he'd kill everyone. And he can't even hear himself thing, because he hears the whole univer at once, and sees it too. It's like becoming omnipotent and not being prepared. It's too much for his mind.
He made aquaman afraid of water...

I can't recall all of it

Needless to say it's been proven.

CorderaMitchell
Anyways, it was stuff like a microscopic machines he's invented that catch fire when touching the air, take out Martian Manhunter.
K for Superman, as always, and Batman has access to both kinds, red and green, for taking out Supes, a well placed red one will leave supes too scared to move because it amplifies his powers many many fold, and he's basically afraid he'd kill everyone. And he can't even hear himself thing, because he hears the whole univer at once, and sees it too. It's like becoming omnipotent and not being prepared. It's too much for his mind.

I can't recall all of it

CorderaMitchell

I can't recall all of it

Its happened, but is it consistent, how would he best do it?

I was just asking...

Juntai
None of the plans relied on fighting prowess, so I believe it is consistant.

CorderaMitchell
None of the plans relied on fighting prowess, so I believe it is consistant.

How often did he do this, cause batman isn't taking supes with simple 2 hour prep, you know how hard it would be with a day of prep, the best he could do would be to modify his armor and weapons and a vehicle.

Juntai
He handled Supes in Hush with less than 2 hour prep.

It was Ras that did it, though with Batman's file.

Batman has ingrained into his memory the knowledge on how to defeat any hero/power at any time. And he keeps backups and journals and coppies of almost everything he's ever thought. Ras got ahold of one and took down the JLA with it. Exept he's never had a plan on beating himself. wink

When the white martians attacked, and Flash showed off his Speed Force punch for the first time, the JLA got whiped out and it was Batman that took down th ENTIRE clan of them. He brings his enemies down to his level, and once they're there, no one can stand up to him. Bruce is the very best at what he does, and he fights to win, even if it does mean fighting dirty.

Also, for an example of his perception, when Green Arrow was first coming back, Batman saw a picture in a paper of an arrow stuck in a wall, and instantaneously realised the velocity, angle, the way the arrow was spinning and every possible variable of how that arrow hit the wall and said "Connor..? ... no.... Ollie. . ." and he surmised this instantly on a character that had been dead for nearly a decade. He can tell by your movement if you favor right left, any position you move into, he instantly reponds to every possible combination that could moved into from the angle velocity and trajectory of your last movement.

CorderaMitchell
He handled Supes in Hush with less than 2 hour prep.

It was Ras that did it, though with Batman's file.

Batman has ingrained into his memory the knowledge on how to defeat any hero/power at any time. And he keeps backups and journals and coppies of almost everything he's ever thought. Ras got ahold of one and took down the JLA with it. Exept he's never had a plan on beating himself. wink

When the white martians attacked, and Flash showed off his Speed Force punch for the first time, the JLA got whiped out and it was Batman that took down th ENTIRE clan of them. He brings his enemies down to his level, and once they're there, no one can stand up to him. Bruce is the very best at what he does, and he fights to win, even if it does mean fighting dirty.

Also, for an example of his perception, when Green Arrow was first coming back, Batman saw a picture in a paper of an arrow stuck in a wall, and instantaneously realised the velocity, angle, the way the arrow was spinning and every possible variable of how that arrow hit the wall and said "Connor..? ... no.... Ollie. . ." and he surmised this instantly on a character that had been dead for nearly a decade. He can tell by your movement if you favor right left, any position you move into, he instantly reponds to every possible combination that could moved into from the angle velocity and trajectory of your last movement.

You love batman, but i don't see him beating supes with less than 2 hours of prep in a debate, cause krypt won't cut it...

Hit_and_Miss
lol I'm not big on the whole comic book issue, but how godlike is batman??? is there anyone he would struggle to beat with 1 days worth of prep time??? except god like char... Phoenix, galaxtus and the like...

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
lol I'm not big on the whole comic book issue, but how godlike is batman??? is there anyone he would struggle to beat with 1 days worth of prep time??? except god like char... Phoenix, galaxtus and the like...

Yes, in a hypothetical debate he would struggle with many.

Batman's toolbelt is like wolverines healing, its ONE big plot device, without measure, so its hard to say HOW he'd win, without saying "he's batman", because what happened is up to the writers.

Juntai
With prep time ... in comic world.. . it's believed Batman can defeat anyone pretty much, he's even threatened The Spectre before.

Juntai
In Hush, while Supes was mind controlled... Batman dipped into the sewer, that was lead lined by Lex Corp, so Superman couldn't see through it. Claimed he planted bombs that would go off if Superman used heat vision, that would blow up the gas main, and take out the city block . Superman couldn't see to verify this. A drop of the sonic bomb in his belt took out Superman's Super Hearing, and a Flash Bomb, ****ed up his vision. This is all while fist-fighting him with the K-Ring, and now he's on Batman's level, and Batman is better than ANYONE that is reduced to his level. He then used a central wire for the city's power and jabbed into Superman while he was stunned, weakned, and groggy, and blew him underground. By the time he came back up, his contingency came into play, Catwoman was about to kill Lois, and Supe's snapped out of it.
Granted he didn't kill Supes or KO him, but he very much defeated him here.

And Batman came up with this on the fly, not even really with Prep time.

CorderaMitchell
With prep time ... in comic world.. . it's believed Batman can defeat anyone pretty much, he's even threatened The Spectre before.

I agree, I'm saying it won't work here, all you'll be stuck with is, "he's batman"

Preptime doesn't make good matches for that reason, with enough prep time, I can beat batman.

Also reed richards makes batman look like an autistic seven year old on life support when it comes to prep.

Hit_and_Miss
So I shouldn't count out the bats... lol

I was just reading up on him and came across The Ambiguously Gay Duo... Has anyone heard about them??

whos reed richards... (EDIT.... AH mr fantastic) Im gonner go check him out... I got to say though batman sounds worse then wolverine for fanboys now though.....

Hit_and_Miss
lol this was the winning quote about him;
"He has been known to turn scraps of machinery into deadly weaponry within seconds."

Juntai
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
I agree, I'm saying it won't work here, all you'll be stuck with is, "he's batman"

Preptime doesn't make good matches for that reason, with enough prep time, I can beat batman.

Also reed richards makes batman look like an autistic seven year old on life support when it comes to prep.
I'd say it's comparable.
On the fly, Batman has also plotted to take down GODS.
Granted, RR has too, I'm not playing him out.
I'm saying it's a closer call than you're making it out to be.

olympian
"He handled Supes in Hush with less than 2 hour prep."

-aham- and a certain kryptonite ring.

"Batman has ingrained into his memory the knowledge on how to defeat any hero/power at any time"

Hes mimicing Dr Doom now?

"When the white martians attacked, and Flash showed off his Speed Force punch for the first time, the JLA got whiped out and it was Batman that took down th ENTIRE clan of them"

When he used fire to get them at his level. And it wasent the entire clan, it was four of them. The Jla dealt with others. On theyr own accord.

Juntai
It's just different planning, Batman wouldnt invent a super ultra beta ray nullifier plasma cannon. He'd do something much simpler and ingenious and believable.

Juntai
Originally posted by olympian
"He handled Supes in Hush with less than 2 hour prep."

-aham- and a certain kryptonite ring.

"Batman has ingrained into his memory the knowledge on how to defeat any hero/power at any time"

Hes mimicing Dr Doom now?

"When the white martians attacked, and Flash showed off his Speed Force punch for the first time, the JLA got whiped out and it was Batman that took down th ENTIRE clan of them"

When he used fire to get them at his level. And it wasent the entire clan, it was four of them. The Jla dealt with others. On theyr own accord.

Mimicing Doom?
Or maybe Doom is mimicing Batman. . ..

snoopdogg
It's just different planning, Batman wouldnt invent a super ultra beta ray nullifier plasma cannon. He'd do something much simpler and ingenious and believable. Something like this I would imagine...............

CorderaMitchell
I'd say it's comparable.
On the fly, Batman has also plotted to take down GODS.
Granted, RR has too, I'm not playing him out.
I'm saying it's a closer call than you're making it out to be.

I wouldn't go there if you can't really explain it.

Reed is more intelligent than bats is and so is doom, they are the better prep men.

Bats isn't the top of prep.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
I wouldn't go there if you can't really explain it.

Reed is more intelligent than bats is and so is doom, they are the better prep men.

Bats isn't the top of prep. Batman created the OMAC project. He even designed the JLA watchtower.

That sounds impressive to me.

jgiant
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Something like this I would imagine...............
i would imagine that bats would break his leg doing that. that fight was cheap. Yo snoop how are the b!tches, they treatin you with respect or do you have to show them yo pimp hand is as strong as batmans.pimpwhip

CorderaMitchell
Batman created the OMAC project. He even designed the JLA watchtower.

That sounds impressive to me.

He's impressive, but is he on par with doom or reed?

I'm not doubting the bat, but that was my initial point.

Fanboy
Yeah and Batman is said to be the master stragetist best in the world. THE WORLD MUA HA HAAAAAAAA.

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by Fanboy
Yeah and Batman is said to be the master stragetist best in the world. THE WORLD MUA HA HAAAAAAAA.

Dc world mind you...

who?-kid
Something like this I would imagine...............
That's a classic...

piece of shit writing.

CorderaMitchell
lol

snoopdogg
Originally posted by who?-kid
That's a classic...

piece of shit writing. Isnt it always.................. Happy Dance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.