The Thing vs LXG

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

armandovalles
The Thing (current comic class 100 version (the movie version was weaker))

VS

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen from Movie

Who wins?

This takes place in the city, about 2 miles from the docks.

EsteemedLeader
whats up with you thinking the thing is class 100? hes like class 85

Creshosk
LXG sad

Two of them can stalemate The thing until he dies of old age . . .

If there's a timelimit on the stalemate. . then that's what it ends in.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
whats up with you thinking the thing is class 100? hes like class 85

He is CL100. Thats why he's thinking it.

He was CL85 in the 80's.

He's definitely mutated over the last 20+ years to become all of the above bigger, stronger, and has a thicker more dense skin (rock) IE. better durability.

Give the man his props and don't be a hater.

THING wins.

who?-kid
The LXG movie SUCKED ! I don't understand why Alan Moore hasn't shot the director yet. Or the guy responsible for the "scenario".

Oh yeah, Thing wins.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Tony Stark
He is CL100. Thats why he's thinking it.

He was CL85 in the 80's.

He's definitely mutated over the last 20+ years to become all of the above bigger, stronger, and has a thicker more dense skin (rock) IE. better durability.

Give the man his props and don't be a hater.

THING wins.

Ah, so you believe that Thing is Class 100 but Namor isn't?

CorderaMitchell
lol, marvel needs a stat update seriously then...

GalacticStorm
Namor is class 100 but the Thing hasntbeen proven to be yet. He has a 6 strength rating which supports him being class 85

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Namor is class 100 but the Thing hasntbeen proven to be yet. He has a 6 strength rating which supports him being class 85

Why the disputing, I understand stat wise, but the premise of the argument is the fact that colossus became stronger with his age and experience so ben is automatically so...

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
Why the disputing, I understand stat wise, but the premise of the argument is the fact that colossus became stronger with his age and experience so ben is automatically so...

I was directing my previous post at you. Other posters were querying Thing and Namor specifically so i was dealing with them. As for the Thing getting stronger with age thats incorrect CM. It worked for Col because he was a teenager when he first appeared in Xmen as Col. Thing however when he got his powers was already fully grown.

CorderaMitchell
I was directing my previous post at you. Other posters were querying Thing and Namor specifically so i was dealing with them. As for the Thing getting stronger with age thats incorrect CM. It worked for Col because he was a teenager when he first appeared in Xmen as Col. Thing however when he got his powers was already fully grown.

My point exactly the reverse would not apply with Ben, but others make it a point that he has "developed" over time.

See where I am going, you are answering all the questions, I wasn't really disagreeing, though I need to work at not sounding like so...

DarkCrawler

But, how come Namor gets sudden strenght upgrade in the age of, umm..70?

who?-kid
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Fish do that sometimes.

GalacticStorm

Namor has a significantly longer lifespan than humans or normal mutants so who's to say he's not still growing. He certainly doesnt look middle aged to me lol

CorderaMitchell
Namor has a significantly longer lifespan than humans or normal mutants so who's to say he's not still growing. He certainly doesnt look middle aged to me lol
Did you see my point?

DarkCrawler

It comes with immortality. ALL immortals stop growing in the age of 30-40, don't you know that, lol. roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

GalacticStorm
Yeah i see what youre saying. People just need to understand that it does work like that across the board for all characters. I only expect it with characters where their bios leave their powers open for expansion. It was always said about colossus in his bios that because he was a teenager he would get stronger as he grew up and with she hulk it was stated that she could get stronger through weight training.

DarkCrawler
So um...if the Hulk would start weight training in Banner form, would he get a lot stronger?

GalacticStorm
It comes with immortality. ALL immortals stop growing in the age of 30-40, don't you know that, lol. roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

Oh DC you didnt get my point so instead you've made yourself look silly. Its cool you're still young.

Atlanteans arent immortal they have extended lifespans. So Namor who doesnt look middle aged at all which happens to start around 30 anyway DC stick out tongue which means he could still have some growing to do. He's still in his prime so his increase could be explained away.

CorderaMitchell
Yeah i see what youre saying. People just need to understand that it does work like that across the board for all characters. I only expect it with characters where their bios leave their powers open for expansion. It was always said about colossus in his bios that because he was a teenager he would get stronger as he grew up and with she hulk it was stated that she could get stronger through weight training.

Like I was going to say for Peter Parker, why did his go up in 05?

Ahhh, as long as its recorded...

GalacticStorm
DC what did i just say? lol. I said you cant take the reasons for one characters power increases as reasons for why others will increase. It doesnt work like that across the board. For She hulk it was specifically stated that thats how SHE could get stronger. So dont think that it would automatically work for others. Read posts youngster. stick out tongue

DarkCrawler
Like I was going to say for Peter Parker, why did his go up in 05?

Ahhh, as long as its recorded...

Well...it involves him turning into giant spider, then giving birth to himself...it's reallly complicated, so...

DarkCrawler
DC what did i just say? lol. I said you cant take the reasons for one characters power increases as reasons for why others will increase. It doesnt work like that across the board. For She hulk it was specifically stated that thats how SHE could get stronger. So dont think that it would automatically work for others. Read posts youngster. stick out tongue

No,but they have basically the same powers, so wouldn't the same thing to apply to him?

GalacticStorm
DC it doesnt work like that. Its not what Marvel want for the character otherwise it would have been stated in his bio. Therefore you cant argue it. It would be useless to the Hulk anyway because of his power to access virtually unlimited strength. So what would be the use of weight training? lol

DarkCrawler
Nothing, I was just wondering...

CorderaMitchell
Well...it involves him turning into giant spider, then giving birth to himself...it's reallly complicated, so...

I read it, I know what you are talking about, but it wasn't with age, see?
Noone seemed to llike that story but me, he got the insect ability...

DarkCrawler
Ok.

CorderaMitchell
Ok.

How do you feel about organic webbing?

Tony Stark

It's common knowledge that Ben is continually getting stronger and more durable.

Come on guys.

Your supposed to be comic geeks.

Get with it.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Tony Stark
It's common knowledge that Ben is continually getting stronger and more durable.

Come on guys.

Your supposed to be comic geeks.

Get with it.

Nope its not common knowledge it is merely a fact known to all F4 fans. The fact that Bens been stuck at class 85 for eons now tends to disagree with that either way. Check the latest handbook, says nothing of him being class 100. Namor used to be class 85 and with latest handbook it was made clear he had now progessed to class 100. Poor Benjy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.