The truth behind the new select pic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

theEviljedi
At SirStevesGuide there is a huge report that confirms the new select pic.It says this is a scene from the last 15 minutes of episode II right after Palpatine reveals he is Sidious.Indeed he is using force-lighting and it is said to be the first time he uses his powers.

Dim
Cool...that's the type of spoiler I want to hear. I wonder if Anakin is in the scene.

tainted one
does that mean before this he had never ever used force lightning? why? how did he know he could do it if he had never done it before?

i wonder how obi-wan gets out of that one?

Snarlingcur Matt Dalrymple
The first time he uses his powers on screen!
He wouldn't be a Sith Master if he never used his powers before. This will just be the first time we see them.

theEviljedi
How do you make the words dark like that?

lightsaber001
What FANtastic news...I love spoilers...Zap me...laughing out loud

yes SnarlingCur..how did you make the letters bold with the HTML turned off???

LS1

PS..RAZ and UBH..you should consider turning on the HTML..doing things like (bold) or (italic) lettering will not take a long time to load..just specify no large graphicssmile ..just a suggestion...smile

LS1

Ratcat
What, like overly large personal pictyures a LS1. The bold and italic thing is easy. Having HTML is OK but you get some smart arse who then starts posting ahlf a website in there posting and it can be a real pain. The ezcodes or whatever they're called gibe you the best of the formating commands like b]bold and italic but are restictive enough to keep things orderly. But then what do I know, I'm just a visitor here myself. Raz is the man to make those decisions. I like this forum and wouldn't knock it anyway(I know you weren't knocking it), it's got one of the best mixes of "discussees" I've come across.

Anyway, the Force Lightening. This combined with the latest select showing Natalie Portman (we think) sitting atop a crate leads me to think we might see a climactic battle at the end of Episode-II where not only does Obi-Wan battle Palpatine but possible he is trying to rescue Padme who has been captured? Or perhaps ther film ends with many of our heroes being captured??? Anyone seen a copy of that script, it would really help right now... smile

UnknownBountyHunter
bold and italic are basics and easy, they are allowed. You can contact Raz by e-mailing him as it gets to him faster than the Suggestions Forum. But I agree with Ratcat, I don't like having the HTML allowed.

lightsaber001
Overly large graphics???

I do graphic art and I compress my images to nothing..so they shouldn't bother this board..most of my images are within seconds not minutes..

I'm very usefull in HTML and even the basics dont work here.....for me anyways..I'm using AOL..tells it all...LOL

Ratcat..you sound like a fellow Englishman...where are you from???

Judging by this board..KNOW ONE uses pictures in their posts so why would you not like HTML in the posts...???
Not intending a flame war or anything...It was just a suggestion...Our board welcomes the pics...your board is different and it takes some getting used too..much the way you who post on our board have created pictured signatures!
it's different and we will get used to it...Or should I say "I will get used to it"..I do not speak for my fellow members!!!!!!!!

This is a great board! as much as I feel our board is great..If I offended anyone..it was not intended..

LS1

Ratcat
LS1, I appreciate what you're saying but unfortunately there are people out there that are no quite as "understanding" with there graphical sig files. I've seen some as big as a 1Mb on other boards. Even yours at 100Kb are a little large and take a while to DL on a 42.6kbs modem connection. I wish BT would get their butts in gear with ADSL!!!!

The ezCodes give you the basics, as I said before.

Yep, I'm from England. In Kent to be exact, but this is going way, way OT.....

Dim
Okay, I'm going to pipe in my $.02's worth as far as graphics. I like the ablity to post images and such as long as everyone uses their heads on how much they really need to be to show to get the point across about select pics, costumes or whatever else (though I don't think it's a prob on this board and I'm the only one who's posted any images recently so tell me if they annoy you).

Signatures on the other hand seem to get a little out of hand IMHO. They can get quite huge and flashy and seem cool the first few times but then they just blind me and I try to scroll past them as fast as possible. Personally I think that even LS1's could be half the size they are now and you could be able to see them just fine, considering that they are mostly typographic. (Don't hate me LS1...just stating my own opinion, not that it changes anything on the board smile )
There's my $.02...

Jedi Mercenary
Well, as you can see, I leave, arguments break out,(Well arguments break out when i'm in anyways).

lightsaber001
I totally agree...most of the time I forget to turn off the signature on this forum..It's just different for me because we show off our signatures in my forum...Just put out a yell at me when I forget..I'll go back and edit them so the banners don't show up..and Dim...The banners are standard size..but you wouldn't have to see them if I would stop forgetting (it's what happens when you get old..hehe) to turn the signature off...anyhoo..It was just a suggestion not really meant for debate...

I apologize for getting OT

LS1

P.S...Dim...I would never hate you for expressing your opinion..Thats what forums are for and I can take criticism

Dim
Thanks LS1 smile

While we're off topic I've got a question....

LS1, I thought we had to have our icons at 10x10 pixels...how come yours is bigger? I'm not complaining...I was just wondering because I had to make mine itty bitty or it wouldn't show up. I don't think I'll make mine bigger but I'd like to know if you can make them bigger (for future reference)

lightsaber001
Hi Dim...

sorry it took so long to respond..I got a nasty little Trojan Horse Virus that has kept me busy the last few days..

The Icon pic depends on the user...you just need to specify the width and hight in your preferences for the icon..as for the personal pic..depends on the administrator of the board...I like mine to be atleast 150x150 but most adm. like their personal pics to be small..Go figure..its a forum not a picture gallery.....but then again..if I wanted to just see words I'd read a booklaughing out loud

LS1

Dim
Cool, Thanks LS1 big grin

What do you guys think of the new select pic? I think it's very cool...Do you ever look at this costume designs and wish that we, in the real world, got to wear stuff like that.

King Jedi
I want a storm trooper costume!

lightsaber001
Jedi Costumes and props are my thing.....hence the name Lightsaber001...As for wearing them..It's pretty cool...!!!!as for the Stormtrooper costume...they are way cool but soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....HOT!!!!!!!!sorry about the ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo's...was great funlaughing out loud ..anyhow..I have several friends in the prop and costume world..everyone that owns a Trooper costume complains how extreemly hot they are..Looks good but breaths bad...Personaly I'd take JEDI Garb over Trooper Garb anyday..atleast I know I will be comfortable...except! I step on my robe everytime I walk......I wonder if Ewan had the same problem???

LS1

King Jedi
When I was 5 I tried to dress as Darth Vader for a Halloween party and the costume was made out of bin bags. I'm glad the real costumes are a little more advanced!

Ratcat
That's a familiar sounding story...

I was in TRU today with my son. There on the shelf, in a 4 year old size is a Darth Maul costume. It was really great quality as well. Why didn't we have that when we were kids.

EJ, you are excluded from answering this on the grounds that you probably did have that sort of thing when you were 10. smile (Sorry, just picked you as the only one here who I know to be in his late teens)

Dim
Did they even have anything other than the ones with the dorky little plastic masks? I think they only had those for Vader, 3P0 and a stormtrooper.

I used to just use a big white Tshirt with a belt (this is when I was 4) and put my hair (or tried to) in buns...Then my mom made me get on of those stupid bowl haircuts...

I remember everyone in my day care center had boots and we'd spend half of the day shoving out pant legs down inside them so we'd look like SW characters.

lightsaber001
KJ...

If you really want a trooper costume...e-mail me and I'll refer you to some really awesom people that make them...

LS1

OH..not sure if the addy is in the preferences...so

[email protected]

Ratcat
The TRU costume had a full face rubber mask rather than the silly plastic ones. I might treat Ben (my son) for Halloween, he's got the double ended lightsabre already.

Dim
If you do then you have to post a pic! smile

Ratcat
Oh but of course smile

Got my hols in WDW first, pleanty of SW pics from Star Tours hopefully, already bought a new digital camera especially.

Dim
Jeesh, I kinda feel like I missing out on the whole second generation SW experience...It's almost enough to make me want to have a baby...Oh well, still have a while before I miss it entirely smile

RC, You should share all SW related pics with the forum...and that goes for everyone else too!

Xantos Clone
in the name of sharing with the group:

check this out!!

www.futurehorizons.net/saber.htm

you guys may aleady have seen this one....

Dim
Cool...I wonder how many people have bought those...

Hey XC, why don't you ever visit the other forum? the General Discussion for example?

Xantos Clone
As you wish.....My Master.

the.kenzo
Originally posted by theEviljedi
At SirStevesGuide there is a huge report that confirms the new select pic.It says this is a scene from the last 15 minutes of episode II right after Palpatine reveals he is Sidious.Indeed he is using force-lighting and it is said to be the first time he uses his powers.

We should occasionally bump old threads to look back at the rumors and if they were true or not.

Without seeing the pic in question this one is hard...however we know that Palpatine/Sidious did not reveal himself in Episode II, nor did he use force lightning.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
old..ooold.

...but yeah, he didn't reveal himself in Ep II. so.. er, myth busted?

the.kenzo
Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome
old..ooold.

...but yeah, he didn't reveal himself in Ep II. so.. er, myth busted?

I'm betting the Select pic was actually force lightning from Dooku.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
most likely. He's the only dude in ep II who used that, right?

the.kenzo
Yep. It's been awhile since I saw it. Did Yoda shoot it back at Dooku after he absorbed it?

Jaeh.is.Awesome
I don't really remember - it has been more than awhile for me... er... I think he shot it back, but I'm not so sure.

the.kenzo
Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome
I don't really remember - it has been more than awhile for me... er... I think he shot it back, but I'm not so sure.

I think he did too.

I'm old school Star Wars, so I don't watch the PT much. I can't be so sure right now.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
I'm not too fond of PT. I only watch it for Obi-Wan. haha.

Every anniversary I make it a point to watch the OT.... no time to watch the PT again. >>. except for ep. 3... and sometimes ep. 1. No love for AOTC...

but I think he shot it back, yeah.

the.kenzo
The one I watch the most is Ep 3. I watch Ep 1 the least.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
I only watch episode 1 because of Obi-Wan. ep 3 is just plain awesome...

ep 2 kills me with too much cheesy scenes.

queeq
Originally posted by the.kenzo
We should occasionally bump old threads to look back at the rumors and if they were true or not.

Without seeing the pic in question this one is hard...however we know that Palpatine/Sidious did not reveal himself in Episode II, nor did he use force lightning.

I don't like digging up old fossils, but it's nice to see posts from my good friend Dim again...

sweersa
Originally posted by queeq
I don't like digging up old fossils, but it's nice to see posts from my good friend Dim again...

Where did he go?

the.kenzo
She, actually. Who knows, but I really miss her signatures.

queeq
She quit the boards, she has a life now.

sweersa

Didn't know it was a girl. I dont wanna ever quit! Then i can never be a mod.

~:Mr.Anderson:~
Originally posted by sweersa
Didn't know it was a girl. I dont wanna ever quit! Then i can never be a mod. might as well quit...

queeq
laughing out loud

sweersa
Originally posted by ~:Mr.Anderson:~
might as well quit...

Warning! (hehe)

Mandrag Ganon

Psssh... A life... Who needs one of those when you have Star Wars, Video Games, and KMC?

queeq
I never saw the point myself.

Darth Subjekt
That's why I've made my way to JP's bed right under your internet buried nose. wink

queeq
Ah, that explains your broken nose, split lip, the missing teeth and that new limp that seems to be permanent. And I'm sure going to the bathroom will never be the same either.

Darth Subjekt
Hell yea, buddy! When she puts it on you... she puts it ON YOU!!! But hey, it's cool... I like it rough. But you're right about the bathroom thing though... I wasn't expecting the clap. You should get checked out.

Mandrag Ganon
I never saw the point myself.

Exactly. yes

Sith Master X

But isn't it fun not to have a life sometimes? wink

~JP~
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
Hell yea, buddy! When she puts it on you... she puts it ON YOU!!! But hey, it's cool... I like it rough. But you're right about the bathroom thing though... I wasn't expecting the clap. You should get checked out.

blink WTF Subjekt!!! mad

you SUCK! stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.