Live action scenes from Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

systemshock2
I was just replaying Star Wars Jedi knight: Dark Forces II and I saw once again the live-action sequences from the game. You know the ones featuring all of the Dark Jedi, and then Kyle Katarn and Jan. After seeing them again I actually thought they were pretty good. Sure some of the dialogue and acting was corny, but it was still Star Wars. The game producers could've gone with animatics, but there was something about seeing a live-action star wars scene that just made it so much more credible. And it kind of gave me a preview of how the tv series might be, with real life actors and 100% computer generated backgrounds. So to those that remember playing that game and seeing these clips, did anybody like them or not like them?

Tangible God
Ya know, I've never played that game.

Guess it's about time for me to give up selling Hutt excrement huh?

Illustrious
I remember them, and I thought they were pretty well done. The graphics are pretty poor by today's standards, so the live action cinematics do add depth to the game.

Tangible God
Jedi Outcast, (so I hear anyway) was the best of the Jedi Knight series. The story, the Ok graphics for the time. All fine and brandy...dandy.

Captain REX
I wish they had continued the cut scenes for Outcast and Academy. The discontinued idea was a drag...

It was when Lightsabers started looking more like the PT lightsabers... stick out tongue

Sir Mist
shock

You have the cutscenes Rex? Wanna send em to me?shifty

MedullaPancreas
Mace Windu would annihilate every last one of these bad graphics with his Vapaad technique.

SnakeEyes
What the hell is up with you. All you do is go to multiple threads and talk about how great Mace is... If you're gonna do that all the time, nobody will like you...

Darth_Rankkor
The best scene is Katarn being the Emperor MWAHAHAHA with that hot mama as aid :P

Captain REX
Originally posted by MedullaPancreas
Mace Windu would annihilate every last one of these bad graphics with his Vapaad technique.

That's great for Mace, but I think he fell out the Windu...

*ba-dum, pssh!*

Pah! I wish, Mist. I need to install JK2 and hack them off...

Lord Matreid
Originally posted by Captain REX

*ba-dum, pssh!*

laughing out loud

no expression

Darth Mantis
Fell out the Windu... lol

systemshock2
I think I read somewhere that the scenes filmed for this game were the first Star Wars live-action scenes shot since Return of the Jedi? Anybody know if this is true? And oh yeah, that girl who played Jan Ors is smoking.

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by Captain REX

*ba-dum, pssh!*

Pah! I wish, Mist. I need to install JK2 and hack them off...

lol... noice.

Captain REX
Yup, they were...with the exception of the two Ewok short films of the late 80's.

Sir Mist
Have you guys got any more pics? I have played DF2 sad

Darth_Janus
Here's one..

Darth_Rankkor

systemshock2
So in you all's opinion how would Jerec measure up against some of the other well-known sith like Vader, Sidious, Revan, Exar Kun, and so on in terms of power. It did mention in the game that Jerec's power did rival Vader's.

Darth_Janus
Well if he rivals Vader's, he's a kid compared to any ancient Sith.

Adamwankenobi
Would anyone be willing to upload these scenes?

Tru_Slice
Somebody otta mod the game into the JKA engine and include the cutscenes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.