Marvel/DC Boxing match!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
The rules of boxing apply, only punches are allowed (no other powers are allowed except inherent powers such as healing and invulnerability), inside a ring (4x the size of a regulation boxing ring) enclosed in an impenetrable forcefield. Since this is boxing, skill, agility, endurance are important factors to consider aside from strength. Victory is by knockouts only.

Super Heavy Weight:
Odin, Thanos, Tyrant, King Thor, Champion, Darkseid

Heavy Weight:
Superman, Gladiator, Thor, Silver Surfer, Beta Ray Bill, Shazam, Hercules, Hulk

Middle Weight:
Namor, Thing, Colossus, Iron Man, Wonder Woman, Wonder Man, Warpath, Rhino, Carnage

Light Weight:
Captain America, Black Panther, Azrael, Batman Beyond, Spiderman, Wolverine, Bane

For each weight class pick the winner and runner up. Remember, this is a BOXING match, not an all out fight.

grey fox
You're missing the referee , the referee should be the universe greatest boxer ROCKY

olympian
Those are the current portraits, or the strongest ones for every single character?

ALEMASTER
SHW
ODIN

HW
SHAZAM

MDW
COLLOSUSS OR IRON MAN DEPENDING ON THE ARMOUR

LW
BLACK PANTHER

Tony Stark
Originally posted by ALEMASTER
SHW
ODIN

HW
SHAZAM

MDW
COLLOSUSS OR IRON MAN DEPENDING ON THE ARMOUR

LW
BLACK PANTHER

eek!

Here's the real winners.

Super heavyweight: Thanos

Heavyweight: The Gladiator

Middleweight: The THING

Lightweight: The Black Panther

masterbruce
All characters are at their regular, most common state

olympian
Got it, in that case. And bearing its not only raw strenght but also skill, agility, durability and overal figthing styles:

Super Heavy Weight:
King Thor - has the Odinpower like Odin and its the most complete fighter while Odin its the most complete power user.

Heavy Weight

Hercules by a mile = Has the best skills of the group, both in wrestling and boxing and the strenght in the range of everyone else. Why by a mile? Because Gladiator and Beta Ray Bill are serious contendors when it comes to the strengh+figthing skills combo. Hulk comes next.

Middle Weight:

Wonder Woman= She is the strongest and skillest of this group. Followed by Namor and Thing.

Light Weight:

The most difficult to gauge. Honestly while Spiderman isent the pure skillest user here, hes way over the others in every physical stats and having developped a figthing style on its own -that works-, ill go with him.

Followed by a tie between Captain America and Black Phanter.

Metalmanx
Super Heavy Weight: (Not sure about this one actually. I don't really know who's the strongest out of these guys) Uh...I'll say the winner would be...Odin, and runner up would be...Thanos?

Heavy Weight: (Ooh, another tough one) I'd say the winner would be Gladiator, with the close runner up being Superman.

Middle Weight: I'd honestly say...the winner would be Wonder Woman, with VERY close runner up being Colossus (not biased, seriously).

Light Weight: The winner would be Spiderman, with the runner up being...Captain America.

long pig
Super Heavy-Champ would win with no sweat. He's physically and experience wise the best fighter to ever exist. Billions of years training and mastering all martial arts will do that.
Not to mention that he doesn't tire or feel pain and can't actually be hurt by physical force.

Heavy Weight-Gladiator.

Middle-Wonder Woman.

Light Weight-Spiderman.

Metalmanx
Good answers, long pig. You're one of my favorite people on here now, since we think so much a like most of the time, haha. rock

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by masterbruce
The rules of boxing apply, only punches are allowed (no other powers are allowed except inherent powers such as healing and invulnerability), inside a ring (4x the size of a regulation boxing ring) enclosed in an impenetrable forcefield. Since this is boxing, skill, agility, endurance are important factors to consider aside from strength. Victory is by knockouts only.

Super Heavy Weight:

1. Champion

2. Odin

3. Thanos

Heavy Weight:
1. Hercules

2. Hulk

3. Thor

Middle Weight:

1. Wonder Woman

2. Namor

3. Thing

Light Weight:

1. Spider-Man

2. Azrael

3. Captain America

For each weight class pick the winner and runner up. Remember, this is a BOXING match, not an all out fight.

Darth_Erebus

Super Heavy Weight:

Heavy Weight:

Middle Weight:
Namor, Thing, Colossus, Iron Man, Wonder Woman, Wonder Man, Warpath, Rhino, Carnage

Light Weight:
Captain America, Black Panther, Azrael, Batman Beyond, Spiderman, Wolverine, Bane

SHW
If Tyrant is at his peak then Tyrant, if not then Odin.

HW
Tough call here but I'm going with Thor

MW
This one's a no brainer, Wonder woman easily (she belongs in the HW class)

LW
Spider Man

masterbruce
My take:

SHW: Champion, because he's far more skilled than the next guy and the others are not accustomed to fighting with fists only

HW: Hulk, he's only gonna get stronger and he only fights with his fists anyway...although the others' speed might overwhelm him

MW: Colossus...i might be wrong, but isn't his durability higher than Wonder Woman?

LW: Wolverine...adamantium punches (like hitting you with a hammer) plus awesome healing factor means in the long run he takes it

EsteemedLeader
King Thor, Thanos

Shazam, Herc

Wonder Woman, Namor

Captain America, Bane

srankmissingnin
Super Heavy Weight: Odin

Heavy Weight: Hercules

Middle Weight: Namor

Light Weight: Wolverine

Draco69
Super Heavy Weight: Odin

Heavy Weight: Gladiator or Superman

Middle Weight: Wonder Woman easily. She BELONGS in the Heavy Weight.

Low Weight: Spider-Man.

jacobo0o
super heavy weight= dont know much about them in fist fight

heavy weight= hulk

middle weight= ironman if he can use his other armor and
couldnt iron man gather up all the energy into his fist and knock em all out??? if not id go with wonder woman

light weight= no doubt spider man

armandovalles

Super Heavy Weight:

Heavy Weight:

Middle Weight:

Light Weight:

Put Zeus in the Super Heavyweights and he wins, otherwise, Odin wins.

Hercules probly wins the Heavyweights, his only real competition is Thor.

Namor probly wins the Middle Weights, his only real competition is WW.

Wolverine and Captain America in my opinion are completely equal in fighting skills, but since Cap cant use his shield and Wolvie cant use his claws Cap loses cuz Wolvie still has his healing factor.

Joker1237
Wonder Woman belongs in heavyweight, She would beat the middleweight class at ease.

armandovalles
Originally posted by Joker1237
Wonder Woman belongs in heavyweight, She would beat the middleweight class at ease.

I doubt she would beat Namor. Namor has lifted 200,000 tons! plus he's almost as good of a fighter as Thor and Herc, who in my opinion are superior to WW.

Max Spidey 24
velho

Joker1237
She almost as strong as Supes, I dont see Namor getting by WW.

Max Spidey 24
Evey....every now and than ? then velho

jgiant
Originally posted by Max Spidey 24
velho
surpriserip

Max Spidey 24
Originally posted by jgiant
surpriserip

laughing boxing

Draco69
Originally posted by armandovalles
I doubt she would beat Namor. Namor has lifted 200,000 tons! plus he's almost as good of a fighter as Thor and Herc, who in my opinion are superior to WW.

Honey, Wonder Woman is much stronger than Namor. She can lift well beyond a measly 200,000 tons. Namor lifted a aircraft carrier? So what? She's been lifting city-size spaceships for ages.

Namor is nowhere near WW's skill? About century of experience? So what? Diana has milleniums of experience. And she's forgotten more battles than Namor has ever experienced.

long pig
How the hell do you think Champ would lose to ANYONE in a fist fight?

Odin, Tyrant, Jesus, Moses.....he's more experienced and stronger than all of these.
Champ's strength is by most accounts limitless, and he's older than them all and has fought more than them all.

armandovalles
Champ has no chance, he lost to She-Hulk, therefore hed get murdered by most of these guys.

Draco69
Originally posted by armandovalles
Champ has no chance, he lost to She-Hulk, therefore hed get murdered by most of these guys.

It was a joke comic. It wasn't meant to be taken seriously. Champ beat the Avengers, Thor, the X-Men AND Adam Warlock on his own.

long pig
Arm also thinks Champ lost to Thing.....jesus....

He is the greatest h2h fighter in the entire UNIVERSE.
He might be beaten with other powers, but in h2h, it's nearly impossible for him to lose.

Hell, Champ blew the entire Avengers 20 feet away just by flexing his muscles.

armandovalles
I never said Champ lost to Thing, i just said the Thing gave him a fight. Also, the She-Hulk mini-series was not a joke, it was considered by many to be one of the best mini-series to come out in a long time. Also, Champ got his ass handed to him by Thanos and Thanos wasnt even using any powers, but rather beating Champ down at his own game, H2H.

Draco69
Joke as in parody. Not actually serious canon. It WAS a very funny book.

Piedmon
Super Heavy Weight:

I dunno.... they fight for all infinity...

Superman edges them all out in strength, speed and endurance, but Captain Marvel's magical nature gives him the edge over Supes. Captain Marvel is winner and Superman is runner up.

Wonder Woman is only shades below Superman, I think, so she emerges as the clear winner. On the other hand, the spot for runner up is going to be Ben Grimm. I think he's got more experience with the art of boxing then the other characters combined.

Of these, only Terry McGuiness, Spider-Man and Wolverine have above-human strength. However, Batman 2.0's inexperience takes him out of the game early. Since Wolverine's claws are barred, he loses his edge against Spider-Man. However, the adamantium reinforcement in his knuckles wins him runner up, behind Spider-Man as winner.

MrHeavySilence
Why is Bats not in here but Batman Beyond is o.0"

Super Heavyweight:
Odin has the best chance of winning.

Heavy Weight:
Why Silver Surfer. Then Superman. Then Thor.

Middle Weight:
Wonder Woman and Wonder Man will probably tie. Iron Man has brains and brawns but doesn't have enough brain to counter heavy brawns. I'm going with The Thing.

Light Weight:

Azrael, Captain America, and Wolverine fight the best. Captain America has the most experience, Wolverine has the most power, and Azrael.. well.. Azrael is pretty tough. I think Captain America wins in the end.

masterbruce
Batman Beyond is stronger and more durable than batman

plus this is boxing, so batman can't take advantage of his expertise in grappling and kicks and karate knowledge

Creshosk
People remember the adamantium, but they forget the durability. . .

long pig
No he friggin didn't.

Thanos blasted him over and over and over but it didn't effect him, so he just kept dodging and putting up his own and his spacecraft's shield to block Champ's punches. Thanos hit him once or twice and then when Champ was about to deliver the last blow, Thanos left and Champ punched the planet into tiny pieces. Then Thanos tricked Champ into giving him the gem.

Thanos fought like that because he KNEW he couldn't fight Champ h2h and win. No one can.

Thing didn't give him any sort of a fight, Champ almost killed him.

Arm, how is it that you never know what you're talking about? Is it some sort of a disease?

olympian
"Namor is nowhere near WW's skill? About century of experience? So what? Diana has milleniums of experience. And she's forgotten more battles than Namor has ever experienced"

She has at much - a- millenia of experience on a certain story. Out of that Namor is much more experinced both inside the comics world, and outside of it by appearances since his creation. And that last part its scretching alot.
While i totally agree Wonder Woman belongs in the tier above, lets not get - that - far. Namor isent far from it either.

"Thing didn't give him any sort of a fight, Champ almost killed him."

While there was no doubt who was the best in that story, lets not dismiss Thing. He broke Champions ribs. He couldnt do more and got almost killed, i agree. But Thing did hurt him. The reason i gave KT the win its because of his figthing prowess, skills and ability to amp his strenght as well as heal everything the others can dish at him. Champion is a serious contender. Odin is another of course, but in pure grappling and boxing skills hes not above Thor.

"Batman Beyond is stronger and more durable than batman"

Your talking about the suit, not physical stats. If so i agree.

"Superman edges them all out in strength, speed and endurance, but Captain Marvel's magical nature gives him the edge over Supes. Captain Marvel is winner and Superman is runner up"

You have people there who can match him. Marvel being one. Hulk -can- exceed him and averyone else (strenghwtise). Hercules can match him. Gladiator also and by some he exceeds Supes the same way. Since this is a contest of skills + strenght i picked the one i did.

As an example WW recently going against Superman who she is weaker of, won the fight with her strengh and skills. Its a powerful combo. Someone slighty weaker or on a roughy equal footing and using skills will do the same she did.

Interestlngly tho, Supes, Hulk and Marvel are the ones who less show pure skills compared with the others. And having less rep with them as well.

DarkCrawler
The She-Hulk VS Champion comic was probably the worst bad writing ever. Please, a guy who has trained since the universe was created loses to a character that has trained perhaps ten years. roll eyes (sarcastic)

armandovalles
Originally posted by long pig
No he friggin didn't.

Thanos blasted him over and over and over but it didn't effect him, so he just kept dodging and putting up his own and his spacecraft's shield to block Champ's punches. Thanos hit him once or twice and then when Champ was about to deliver the last blow, Thanos left and Champ punched the planet into tiny pieces. Then Thanos tricked Champ into giving him the gem.

Thanos fought like that because he KNEW he couldn't fight Champ h2h and win. No one can.

Thing didn't give him any sort of a fight, Champ almost killed him.

Arm, how is it that you never know what you're talking about? Is it some sort of a disease?

Actually i just pretty much always know what im talking about. Thing did give him a fight, Ben broke both his ribs and his jaw in that fight as stated by the narrator, so in my opinion that makes it a fight.

And the part about Champ and Thanos, i dont actually have the comic, so i wouldnt know very well, but ive seen pics of Thanos beating his ass in H2H for like 2 or 3 pages straight.

olympian
"The She-Hulk VS Champion comic was probably the worst bad writing ever. Please, a guy who has trained since the universe was created loses to a character that has trained perhaps ten years"

And that, its the very defination of jobbing.

Draco69
Originally posted by olympian

She has at much - a- millenia of experience on a certain story. Out of that Namor is much more experinced both inside the comics world, and outside of it by appearances since his creation. And that last part its scretching alot.
While i totally agree Wonder Woman belongs in the tier above, lets not get - that - far. Namor isent far from it either.

Wrong. She DOES have several milleniums of experience. The Superman story is simply not the only millenial war she was in.

In one such story she was trapped on another planet for several centuries while powerless. She led a rebellion against a horrid dictator. However in her world only a week or two at most past. Also her mother Hipployta made her train with the gods themselves in order to better understand her powers. Thus she spent centuries more in Olympus and Tartartus. However in her world it was barely a day or two at most since time moves much more differently on Olympus.

Namor doesn't have more experience than Diana. He fought in WWII? So what? So did Diana under the disguise of Miss America fighting alongside her mother. She was there for the entire duration of the war.

DarkCrawler
Why is WW in middle weight category anyway?

olympian
"Also her mother Hipployta made her train with the gods themselves in order to better understand her powers. Thus she spent centuries more in Olympus and Tartartus"

When did that happened?

"Namor doesn't have more experience than Diana. He fought in WWII? So what? So did Diana under the disguise of Miss America fighting alongside her mother. She was there for the entire duration of the war."

Wich shouldnt count unless they retconned back the recton that it was only Hyppolita that fought in WW2 as Wonder Woman.

Draco69
"

When did that happened?

During her childhood at Themyscira. She couldn't control her powers. And Phillipus doubted she could improve her control. Thus Hipployta prayed to the gods to help train Diana in control of her powers.

Diana almost killed a dozen of her friends during a training session due to her enormous strength.

"Wich shouldnt count unless they retconned back the recton that it was only Hyppolita that fought in WW2 as Wonder Woman.

It does count. Diana missed her mother and wanted to say things to her she couldn't have said since she was already dead. So, due to the appearance of Villainy Inc., she traveled back through time and fought alongside her mother and the JSA under the disguise of Miss America.

olympian
"During her childhood at Themyscira. She couldn't control her powers. And Phillipus doubted she could improve her control. Thus Hipployta prayed to the gods to help train Diana in control of her powers.

Diana almost killed a dozen of her friends during a training session due to her enormous strength. "

Is this the Perez origin or another? The Perez one never had her training in Olympus or Tartarus. When she went to Tartarus and made chalenges of the Gods, not only was she already showed in the mainstream DC universe, she had also her training complete.

"It does count. Diana missed her mother and wanted to say things to her she couldn't have said since she was already dead. So, due to the appearance of Villainy Inc., she traveled back through time and fought alongside her mother and the JSA under the disguise of Miss America"

What issue was that in? I only had read her mother as the classic Wonder Woman.

Draco69

Is this the Perez origin or another? The Perez one never had her training in Olympus or Tartarus. When she went to Tartarus and made chalenges of the Gods, not only was she already showed in the mainstream DC universe, she had also her training complete.

The thing you must understand about Diana's origin is that is retconed ALOT. During the Perez era the trainings with gods were never mentioned. During the LATER eras the trainings with gods slowly put surely coming to light.

Jimenez also did a HUGE retcon of Diana's origin involving Donna Troy.

WW has one of the most confusing and baffling histories in comicdom. Next to Hawkman and Power Girl of course.

"It does count. Diana missed her mother and wanted to say things to her she couldn't have said since she was already dead. So, due to the appearance of Villainy Inc., she traveled back through time and fought alongside her mother and the JSA under the disguise of Miss America"

What issue was that in? I only had read her mother as the classic Wonder Woman.

I don't know the specific issue. But it was during the very last issues written by Phil Jimenez. I distinctly remember Hipployta in bed with Wildcat. sick

kgkg
Originally posted by Draco69
It was a joke comic. It wasn't meant to be taken seriously. Champ beat the Avengers, Thor, the X-Men AND Adam Warlock on his own.
Not really a joke

He didn't use his powers. (No PP, and no power gem)

In that same Issue he defeated strongest beings in the Universe (heroes)

The likes of Drax , Silver Surfer , BRB , Adam etc

Him beating Odin is ridiculous tho.

olympian
"The thing you must understand about Diana's origin is that is retconed ALOT. During the Perez era the trainings with gods were never mentioned. During the LATER eras the trainings with gods slowly put surely coming to light.

Jimenez also did a HUGE retcon of Diana's origin involving Donna Troy."

Ah got it, because nowhere during the Perez era was it stated or showed that. And i didnt followed Phils era in Wonder Woman.

"WW has one of the most confusing and baffling histories in comicdom. Next to Hawkman and Power Girl of course."

Wich is one of the things that usually gets me off the character. Rucka at least even i dont like some of his portraials of the Gods, has been consistence and enjoyable at the same time.

"I don't know the specific issue. But it was during the very last issues written by Phil Jimenez. I distinctly remember Hipployta in bed with Wildcat"

Oh, wait. I remember that stick out tongue

"Him beating Odin is ridiculous tho"

Champion didnt went against Odin, and never defeated him either. In that issue he only fought, Beta Ray Bill, Gladiator and somewhere else i dont recall. Warlock, right?

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by kgkg
Not really a joke

He didn't use his powers. (No PP, and no power gem)

In that same Issue he defeated strongest beings in the Universe (heroes)

The likes of Drax , Silver Surfer , BRB , Adam etc

Him beating Odin is ridiculous tho.

Champion has immense strength even without the gem, and STILL, billions of years of experience in fighting. And She-Hulk puts he down with boxing? PLEASE. roll eyes (sarcastic)

kgkg
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Champion has immense strength even without the gem, and STILL, billions of years of experience in fighting. And She-Hulk puts he down with boxing? PLEASE. roll eyes (sarcastic)
what part of he didn't have his powers don't you get?

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by kgkg
what part of he didn't have his powers don't you get?

So...he was as strong as normal human? confused

Dizzle
Is strength amping allowed in this fight? And does Champ have the Power Gem?

SHW:
Champion (with)
King Thor
Odin
Champion (without)

HW:
Hulk
Gladiator
Hercules

MW:
Wonder Woman
Iron Man
Wonder Man

LW:
Spiderman
Captain America
Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.