Streets of rage?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CorderaMitchell
Anyone remember or like this series? smokin'

MetallicaT

TrAnCeDuO
i sure as hell do...awesome game...

Sonic x 20
All the Streets of Rage games were AWESOME, especially the second one because it introduced the fighters new powers and had a very powerful guy named Max and a cool kid name Skater. cool cool cool cool

WindDancer
Streets of Rage was just a wannabe Double Dragon. Despite that fact the game was really fun to play! I used to love beating the two fat fire breathing bosses.

CorderaMitchell
Come to think of it, I love double dragon as well, I need to do a thread on that.

But Streets of Rage three did get VERY technical and allowed better movements and controls than the other two, though it did lose its popluarity.

WindDancer
Seriously, Double Dragon should return for the next generation of consoles. That is one the classic and best video game franchise of the past.

CorderaMitchell
Which one was your favorite, because some were cheap...

I liked super double dragon, but the people making the game will probably screw it up and try to make it 3d or something.

This is what kills Action Beat em Ups!

Sonic x 20
I just made a new thread with Double Dragon. You mention about it and the idea came to my head. You can check it out if you want. I will continue to make good threads.

dave123
SoR 1 was the best by far... they kind went downhill when "Skate" came into it stick out tongue

Sonic x 20
I feel SOR 2 was the Best. The characters had super powers like Axel's flaming Dragon punch.

dave123
Were they the ones that took health away? erm Or was that in #3?

CorderaMitchell
I liked number 3, they had the stamina bar, and complex moves.

I think me and Sonic made a thread at the same time, on accident.

Sonic x 20
It's okay. When you Metioned Double Dragon, I though of an idea. That's okay if we made one at the same time. At least we knew what to put for our threads.

dAngEr_Is_gO!
SOR II = greatest game ever IMO. I still play it religiously to this day. Occasionally my brother and I sit down for a few hours and go through SOR I, II and III on the hardest difficulty settings back to back.
Skate was a real waste of a character, they should have kept Adam. Max was a welcome inclusion. His backbreaker drained about 3/4 of a full energy bar and took out the smaller baddies straight away.

jnr hiphop
Oh I remember SOR. I played it on Sega. It was addictive.

fruits
dude, yeah, i loved it. still play it when im bored

Red Superfly
Double Dragon was better, but Streets Of Rage is a MASSIVE fond memory of mine.

darth_royke
bought streets of rage 2 for the mega drive for 50p big grin aint played it yet but the missus wants a bash on it so it'll be set up this weekend!

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by dAngEr_Is_gO!
SOR II = greatest game ever IMO. I still play it religiously to this day. Occasionally my brother and I sit down for a few hours and go through SOR I, II and III on the hardest difficulty settings back to back.
Skate was a real waste of a character, they should have kept Adam. Max was a welcome inclusion. His backbreaker drained about 3/4 of a full energy bar and took out the smaller baddies straight away.

I liked number three more, it had more depth, and it had Roo.

does anyone remember the super axel super skate glitch?

HigH ScholaR
streets of rage on the sega Genesis II was a very good game one of the best on the system in my opion but number 2 was way better, improved graphics,gameplay, characters.

the boss on streets of rage seemed like a push over quite easy.

Sonic x 20
You also get to play as Shiva, one of the bad guys on SOR3. He is Powerful, Fast, and is easy to use. cool cool cool cool

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by HigH ScholaR
streets of rage on the sega Genesis II was a very good game one of the best on the system in my opion but number 2 was way better, improved graphics,gameplay, characters.

the boss on streets of rage seemed like a push over quite easy.

Play Streets of Rage 3, those cheap bastards...

Sonic x 20
They all were kinda tough, but still fun to play.

CorderaMitchell
I liked Adam and Axel on the first, Axel and Max on the second, and Axel and Roo on the third.

Sonic x 20
Axel is my favorite SOR fighter. He kinda reminds me so much of Ryu in a way. Think of these SOR fighters being in the Street Fighter Alpha series with Cody and Guy.

CorderaMitchell
I loved that fire fist.

Sonic x 20
He does like a combo special and ends it with a uppercut, similar to the Shoryuken.

dAngEr_Is_gO!
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
I liked number three more, it had more depth, and it had Roo.

does anyone remember the super axel super skate glitch?

You bet I do! I used to use the super Axel glitch all the time. You could go both Roo and Shiva in SORIII but Roo didn't absorb damage very well. In the Japanese version you could play the cross-dressing Ash, but he was removed for Western audiences.
I just thought the levels dragged a bit in SORIII as opposed to the others.

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by dAngEr_Is_gO!
You bet I do! I used to use the super Axel glitch all the time. You could go both Roo and Shiva in SORIII but Roo didn't absorb damage very well. In the Japanese version you could play the cross-dressing Ash, but he was removed for Western audiences.
I just thought the levels dragged a bit in SORIII as opposed to the others.

Wait I heard about ash, and they thought he was gay, yadda yadda, how was he as a character?

Sonic x 20
Super Axel and Super Skate were REALLY, REALLY POWERFUL!!!!!!!!

CorderaMitchell
I leaned more towards superaxel though, did anyone ever have the axle that did the quadruple kick finish.

dAngEr_Is_gO!
Ash was the boss at the end of the pier, where the guys kept jumping off the boat. I think they replaced him with a guy with an anchor.
Ash was actually pretty solid to play. He had strength and speed and a couple of "wrong" looking moves from memory. He blatantly minced along and ran like a girl, so I'm not surprised he got dragged. Which is a shame because he was a well balanced character.

SaTsuJiN
SoR rulez~~ spikeout was supposed to be the 3d reiteration of the beatemup.. when actually it was a heaping pile of shit...

for those of ya who love beatemups and havent played Gekido for Playstation (not ps2), give it a spin.. oh how i wish I had bought it -_-

dAngEr_Is_gO!
The funny thing is I loved Spikeout at the arcade and spent $40 at a time playing it repeatedly, however Spikeout Battle Street on the Xbox leaves me really cold. It's a shame really because I was looking forward to this game.

CorderaMitchell
3d interpretations aren't usually that good compared to the 2d versions, tooo sluggish and take to much work to keep them consistant.

Sonic x 20
Are 3d versions better than 2d versions?

jaden101
my streets of rage on the megadrive

jaden101
and my streets of rage 2 for the megadrive

Sonic x 20
Cool!!!!! big grin big grin

atv2
Streets of Rage 3 was a great game, I hope they come up with a Sega Collection that includes all three of them. They should also include the entire collection of Sonic with it.

I had a question about Streets of Rage 3: Does anyone happen to know the track on the stage where you first fight the ninjas escaping the train device?

ragesRemorse
I loved these games. The Streets of Rage games were one of the only good side scrolling beat em up games that sega had. Super nintendo had all of the great one's, but Streets of Rage proved that Sega could do it too. Although, i dowloaded the trial game on xbox live arcade. After ten minutes of playing the trial version i had more than enough streets of rage. So, i can't say that the games have held up.

JustFrame
Streets of Rage 1 - Adam was the best character in this game, he had the best aerial attack in the game period, and his damage put him well above Blaze and Axel.

Blaze was solid but Axel was really trashy in SoR1.

Streets of Rage 2 - Axel and Max completely owned this game with an Iron Fist.

Axel had the most overpowered move in SoR History, the Grand Upper.

That move had invincibility, did ridiculous damage, and cleared mob area's like their was no tomorrow, plus it had a glitch where you could do it going backwards as well, making it even more beastly. Seriously, you could literally do this move the entire way, and beat SoR2.

Max on the other hand, had HUGE crowd control, and let emphasize this again, Crowd Control is one of the most important aspects of a Side Scrolling beat em up. He did huge damage off of almost anything he did, and his F+A was the single best super special in the game, because on block, it would glitch up and do insane damage, and had ridiculous priority and damage on hit. Not to mention, he was the ultimate with the pipe, oh yeah, Max's slide made up for his slow speed, since you could use that to move around quickly.

Blaze was only decent in this game, she doesn't have really good crowd control, and her Unique attack could get jabbed out of, making it almost useless. She's the best with the dagger though, however with no Grand Upper like Axel, or no insane crowd control and damage like Max, she's not that good.

Skate's abilities where trashy period, and his range left little for you to think about. He wasn't that good in this game at all, so sad, he should of learned a thing or two from his bro, since he was beast in SoR1.

Streets of Rage 3 - Blaze, Zan and Shiva

This is where Blaze is the beast, because she is so versatile, her balanced abilities make her the best over character in the game. She has good priority on all of her abilities, and she's also a monster with the dagger.

Zan is similar in those regards, but with better power, nice range, and great specials.

Shiva was a complete monster in this game...even though he was severely toned down Shiva. His only handicap was that he couldn't pick up weapons. However, he had the elbow attack, which could continuously string against weaker opponents. Really beastly reach, speed, and he was a power attacker, so he could do back throws on even the heaviest opponents.

I really loved Streets of Rage, and SoR2 is imo the best out of them 3, although SoR3 had a better plot and all, SoR2 had Grand Upper and Max, because the removal of Max was not cool, he was too good.

Kazenji
A 4th game would be with todays graphics.

ragesRemorse
I would like to see some modern side scrolling beat em up's.

Kazenji
Yea Beat em ups are sadly lacking these days, Seems to be all about Fps, Rpgs, Car Racing, Fighting but more FPS then anything

The last good Beat'em up was God Hand.

SaTsuJiN
the last good beat-em up was Gekido, IMO

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gekido

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by JustFrame
Streets of Rage 1 - Adam was the best character in this game, he had the best aerial attack in the game period, and his damage put him well above Blaze and Axel.

Blaze was solid but Axel was really trashy in SoR1.

Streets of Rage 2 - Axel and Max completely owned this game with an Iron Fist.

Axel had the most overpowered move in SoR History, the Grand Upper.

That move had invincibility, did ridiculous damage, and cleared mob area's like their was no tomorrow, plus it had a glitch where you could do it going backwards as well, making it even more beastly. Seriously, you could literally do this move the entire way, and beat SoR2.

Max on the other hand, had HUGE crowd control, and let emphasize this again, Crowd Control is one of the most important aspects of a Side Scrolling beat em up. He did huge damage off of almost anything he did, and his F+A was the single best super special in the game, because on block, it would glitch up and do insane damage, and had ridiculous priority and damage on hit. Not to mention, he was the ultimate with the pipe, oh yeah, Max's slide made up for his slow speed, since you could use that to move around quickly.

Blaze was only decent in this game, she doesn't have really good crowd control, and her Unique attack could get jabbed out of, making it almost useless. She's the best with the dagger though, however with no Grand Upper like Axel, or no insane crowd control and damage like Max, she's not that good.

Skate's abilities where trashy period, and his range left little for you to think about. He wasn't that good in this game at all, so sad, he should of learned a thing or two from his bro, since he was beast in SoR1.

Streets of Rage 3 - Blaze, Zan and Shiva

This is where Blaze is the beast, because she is so versatile, her balanced abilities make her the best over character in the game. She has good priority on all of her abilities, and she's also a monster with the dagger.

Zan is similar in those regards, but with better power, nice range, and great specials.

Shiva was a complete monster in this game...even though he was severely toned down Shiva. His only handicap was that he couldn't pick up weapons. However, he had the elbow attack, which could continuously string against weaker opponents. Really beastly reach, speed, and he was a power attacker, so he could do back throws on even the heaviest opponents.

I really loved Streets of Rage, and SoR2 is imo the best out of them 3, although SoR3 had a better plot and all, SoR2 had Grand Upper and Max, because the removal of Max was not cool, he was too good. Ash was even more overpowered in SOR3 than anyone else, seriously, he even glitched out of most moves. He's not in the American version and you need a game genie to get him.

If you look online you'll see they have an SOR Remix for free, and it encompasses all of the games.

JustFrame
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Ash was even more overpowered in SOR3 than anyone else, seriously, he even glitched out of most moves. He's not in the American version and you need a game genie to get him.

If you look online you'll see they have an SOR Remix for free, and it encompasses all of the games.

I was talking along the lines of the SoR games with the legit obtainable characters. However, I've never tried the out of US SoR3, nor have I played the SoR Remix version yet, although that looks quite fun.

Yoshi Paradise
The only Streets of Rage game I played was the second one. My favorite character was Skate.
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
the last good beat-em up was Gekido, IMO

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gekido

That looks like a good game.

Did you ever play a game called "Guardian Heroes" or "Advance Guardian Heroes"?

Neo Darkhalen
the only SOR i did not like was 3.

chithappens
SoR Remix is a fan remake.

I really recommend everyone try it out because it is great fun and works on Windows without an emulator.

Alpha Centauri
A legendary game that set a standard.

-AC

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
the only SOR i did not like was 3.

It was pretty good but I thought it would be a bigger improvement over SoR2. Me and my friend still do co-op on that game playing through all three and of course Double Dragon Battle Toads.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Yoshi Paradise
The only Streets of Rage game I played was the second one. My favorite character was Skate.

Advance Guardian Heroes was the GBA game.

Yoshi Paradise
Yeah, I know.

Advance Guardian Heroes is the sequel.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by chithappens
SoR Remix is a fan remake.

I really recommend everyone try it out because it is great fun and works on Windows without an emulator. I enjoyed it thoroughly actually.

No End N Site
This may be a sad case, but the only Streets O' Rage I ever played was 3. I loved it, though. Me and the fam played that motha puhpka 'til the buttons fell off.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Black Yoshi

oh god yes.. guardian heroes is amazing

they sure dont make em like they used to

majid86
I still haven't played SOR3 to this day

SaTsuJiN
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_beat_%27em_ups

I think these are arcade only though

jinXed by JaNx
Still can't get that high score achievement on this game for the 360 arcade version. Score 800,000 points with settings on hardcore...,pisses me off

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.