Double Dragon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CorderaMitchell
Old school goodness, anyone remember this classic, that had a bunch of ripoffs, like Bad Dudes?

Sonic x 20
Yeah, I played the (GBA) version. It was really fun. Check out my thread with Double Dragon in Games Versus if you want. big grin big grin big grin big grin

CorderaMitchell
I did, did you ever play SUPER DOUBLE DRAGON???

dAngEr_Is_gO!
I have it on MAME. God it takes me back to my gaming heyday. Bad Dudes vs Dragon Ninja had an appeal of it's own. For one thing it was about twice as fast.
Yep, so many games owe it to the great granddaddy of beat-em-up, Double Dragon.

Red Superfly
Double Dragon is a classic.

Super Double Dragon, however, is a benchmark still today.

It's still better than almost every scrolling Beatemup. Only the likes of Devil May Cry and God Of War even come close to being as much fun.

Even with the tinny sounds and limited graphics, you still fell one hundred percent in control of your character, and getting beaten feels fair. I miss beatemups like this. Too many games focus on you pulling off moves that look great but have no bearring to what you are actually doing with the controller. Double Dragon makes you feel like you have landed every single blow yourself.

CorderaMitchell
I agree there for the most part, super double dragon WAS MUCH BETTER!!!

Either way, I used billy, how about you guys?

Sonic x 20
I haven't played Super Double Dragon, but it sounds really good. big grin big grin

CorderaMitchell
You should go by it at a swap usa, or rhino.

The game was VERY good and balanced...

Sonic x 20
Cool!!! I should get it some time.

dAngEr_Is_gO!
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Double Dragon is a classic.

Super Double Dragon, however, is a benchmark still today.

It's still better than almost every scrolling Beatemup. Only the likes of Devil May Cry and God Of War even come close to being as much fun.

Even with the tinny sounds and limited graphics, you still fell one hundred percent in control of your character, and getting beaten feels fair. I miss beatemups like this. Too many games focus on you pulling off moves that look great but have no bearring to what you are actually doing with the controller. Double Dragon makes you feel like you have landed every single blow yourself.

It's amazing how Double Dragon has been etched on the collective consciousness. Even my friends who weren't into gaming know and respect Double Dragon.
My brother and I still have a laugh whenever we roll up the garage rollerdoor from the inside and stroll out DD style.

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by dAngEr_Is_gO!
It's amazing how Double Dragon has been etched on the collective consciousness. Even my friends who weren't into gaming know and respect Double Dragon.
My brother and I still have a laugh whenever we roll up the garage rollerdoor from the inside and stroll out DD style.

I was a billy fan, how about you?

dAngEr_Is_gO!
I think I ended up being Jimmy by default.

CorderaMitchell
I was billy, I think they had it so player two was jimmy or something.

Walfredo
I liked using the weapons. That was fun. Bad Dudes...woah..blast from the past...

Fire
Double Dragon (and a lot of old games) IMO have a lot more replay value and a lot more gameplay than most new games.

Never played Super Double Dragon tbh.

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by Fire
Double Dragon (and a lot of old games) IMO have a lot more replay value and a lot more gameplay than most new games.

Never played Super Double Dragon tbh.

Many old games have more replay value than new games, kirby superstar anyone?

Fire
never played that but civilization 2 is a good example!

jaden101
double dragon rocked...i still have the rather shitty mastersystem version

CorderaMitchell
Did anyone play the 1on1 double dragon?

Fire
nope

Red Superfly
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
Did anyone play the 1on1 double dragon?

Yeah, didn't like it.

CorderaMitchell
Neither did I, the only cool thing was when you could attack the opponent the same way over and over, and something would come off...

Sonic x 20
Was the (GBA) Double Dragon a good game because I enjoyed it? It sure was hard as well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.