Cyclops vs. Punisher

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jgiant
Cyclops

Vs.

Punisher

Dark Thor
lmfao...it really depends on who gets hit first

Draco69
The Punisher's best weapon is prep-time. If he has prep, then Punisher wins. If he doesn't then Cyke owns his ass.

jgiant
Why w/o prep time would punisher get owned, he is a quick thinker that is why he survived this long.

Dark Thor
Scott has it

jgiant
Originally posted by Dark Thor
Scott has it
explain...

Draco69
Originally posted by jgiant
Why w/o prep time would punisher get owned, he is a quick thinker that is why he survived this long.

Against mobsters and rapists. With guns. Not mutants that can emit big-ass laser beams.

jgiant
Originally posted by Draco69
Against mobsters and rapists. With guns. Not mutants that can emit big-ass laser beams.
not mutants with laser beams...maybe. but against meta human beings he has come out on top. One shot from either of them will put the other away. Whose the better shot? Scott has one weapon with limited range, frank has a rainstorm of bullets and genades, it is easier for scott to get hit.

Draco69
not mutants with laser beams...maybe. but against meta human beings he has come out on top. One shot from either of them will put the other away. Whose the better shot? Scott has one weapon with limited range, frank has a rainstorm of bullets and genades, it is easier for scott to get hit.

Limited Range? His optic blasts can level entire skyscapers with a single blast. All it takes is one SUPER OPTIC BLAST and Frankie is literally a pile of dust.

As for the bullets and grenades....a huge optic blast would nullify them.

jgiant
Originally posted by Draco69
Limited Range? His optic blasts can level entire skyscapers with a single blast. All it takes is one SUPER OPTIC BLAST and Frankie is literally a pile of dust.

As for the bullets and grenades....a huge optic blast would nullify them.
is scottie fast enough to catch them all?

Dark Thor
explain...

he'd probably blast Castle before he can take off his gun unless he already has em in his hands. Anyways, even if Castle attempts to shoot Scott, Cyclops has a chance to jump outta the way and blast Castle

Draco69
is scottie fast enough to catch them all?

With singular normal blasts? Unlikely.

With a HUGE three-story tall optic blast? Of course.

armandovalles
If Cyke takes off his visor and lets loose on Castle then Cyke wins. If he does anything else, Cyke dies.

jgiant
All frank has to do is throw a flashbang or frag grenade to rattle scott then he just picks him off. Its just whose better drawing imo...not a picture, their weapons. not saying scott cant fry frank just whoever gets their weapon out first. yes i know scotts is just a reaction a way but so is frank. imo it could go either way w/o prep. 6/10 for scott. with prep 10/10 for frank.

Piedmon
The thing is, Cyclops doesn't have to "draw." He has to THINK, and BZAP.

If he goes wide-burst, he could easily kill the Punisher. But for the sake of argument, let's assume this fight takes place inside a city. Cyclops wouldn't be willing to risk pedestrians, even at the cost of his own life, so he'll have to be more precise.

That gives Frank a chance, provided the terrain is in his favor. If there are enough large objects in Cyclops's field of vision or around him (like if they were in a forest, for example), then Punisher's SEAL training would allow him to get a drop on Cyke. On the other hand, if Scott is standing in the salt flats (completely level field), and Frank has to start some distance off, Cyclops can pick him off without even needing to go wide-burst--he's expertly precise with his optic beams.

apoc001
Originally posted by Piedmon
The thing is, Cyclops doesn't have to "draw." He has to THINK, and BZAP.

If he goes wide-burst, he could easily kill the Punisher. But for the sake of argument, let's assume this fight takes place inside a city. Cyclops wouldn't be willing to risk pedestrians, even at the cost of his own life, so he'll have to be more precise.

That gives Frank a chance, provided the terrain is in his favor. If there are enough large objects in Cyclops's field of vision or around him (like if they were in a forest, for example), then Punisher's SEAL training would allow him to get a drop on Cyke. On the other hand, if Scott is standing in the salt flats (completely level field), and Frank has to start some distance off, Cyclops can pick him off without even needing to go wide-burst--he's expertly precise with his optic beams.

Who says this has to be an all out fight? As long as it's in the city, let's assume Punisher really wants to play this smart. He's the type of guy to watch through the window with a sniper rifle at the ready. While Cyclops is the type of guy to run around in bright blue spandex looking for his enemy, making him an easy target. Unless Cyke feels unusually sneaky and wears his civies. It really depends on who wants to stay alive the most.

brainchild81
'CLOPS

ScarletSpider
If Scott doesn't lead off using all of his power, just letting loose, blasting Frank and everything surrounding him, Punisher takes it. If Scott gives Frank even the slightest of mercies, Frank will turn the fight around and demolish Cyclops.

K Von Doom
Cyclops doesn't start off doing one of those wide-burst-super-optic blasts. That's like Torch going supernova right off the bat.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by K Von Doom
Cyclops doesn't start off doing one of those wide-burst-super-optic blasts. That's like Torch going supernova right off the bat.
Not really. It takes Torch time to go nova. Scott can uberblast instantly if he wants.
Saying Cyke isn't allowed to use his full power is like saying Punisher can only have a squirt gun.

jgiant
thing is that scott usually doesn't fight like that...he doesn't let lose all his power in the begining of a fight...he wouldn't realize how dangerous the punisher, just another bozo with a gun he would think. this would get scott killed. he would start using small blasts in the begining of the fight and would get caught off gaurd with a grenade or two and then get picked off. this is in a none prep fight, they just meet on the street. with prep time punisher would take this one with ease.

teddygreen17
LOOK - WIDE ASS OPTIC BLAST - PUNISHER, GUARD THAT - MAKE PREP TIME FOR THAT.

jgiant
Originally posted by teddygreen17
LOOK - WIDE ASS OPTIC BLAST - PUNISHER, GUARD THAT - MAKE PREP TIME FOR THAT.
are you implying that with prep time punisher would lose? cuz if you are than...stupid

Dark Thor
Cyclops doesnt need to push the trigger. Punisher does. Cyclops wins this easily

jgiant
takes a split second for either of them...Originally posted by Dark Thor
Cyclops doesnt need to push the trigger. Punisher does. Cyclops wins this easily
this doesn't mean scott will hit him...he wont use a huge optic blast that soon in a fight, so that means punisher can doge it.

DarkCrawler
I have hard time believing that Punisher can easily dodge blasts from Cyclops. Especially if he is firing them at sustained fire.

jgiant
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
I have hard time believing that Punisher can easily dodge blasts from Cyclops. Especially if he is firing them at sustained fire.
never said easily...all he needs is time to get one shot in and its over...scott is human...and if you want to speak hypothetically than I would take it that scott is not out to kill...punisher is. If scott does not go all out in a non prep fight than he is done for.

jgiant
Lets see here is the situation.Punisher is torturing a mafia hitman and Scott sees him doing it. He firers a warning shot to the wall next to the Punisher. Frank suspects him to be part of the mafia squad. What would happen?

Dark Thor
Cyclops probably get out of the way before frank pushes the trigger. Then he'll blast Punisher

Metalmanx
takes a split second for either of them...
this doesn't mean scott will hit him...he wont use a huge optic blast that soon in a fight, so that means punisher can doge it.

You do realize that his optic blasts are composed of light energy, don't you? That meaning that they travel at the speed of light and all.

Unless Frank has suddenly been endowed with Flash-like reflexes, he's going to get hit if Scott shoots at him.

Scott hardly EVER misses.

Though, to admit, neither does Frank. But that's not the point. stick out tongue

apoc001
Frank would sneak up on Scott and blast him to hell.

Metalmanx
See? Now that's feasable.

Even though I am going for Cyclops in this.

jgiant
cyclops is a wiener boy...baby

willRules
Frank could win but I reckon Scott will take this one..............

jgiant
i would give Scott a slight advantage w/o prep. Frank would dominate with prep.

peejayd
takes a split second for either of them...

* all Cyke gotta do is look at Punisher and blast him... no aiming required, dude...

Wynndar
Good match. Punisher is better at this kind of fight though...and his attacks r purely lethal.

peejayd
* but Cyke would hit him first, Punisher is a human, he'll go down the moment Cyke hits him...

StyleTime
Originally posted by xmarksthespot

Saying Cyke isn't allowed to use his full power is like saying Punisher can only have a squirt gun.
Well put.

Cyclops wins with no prep. Even with prep, Cyclops would still get a couple.

wolverine8888
actauly punisher holds back on heros no matter what he would not kill scot. punisher has said he will not use leathal force vs heros remeber daredevil fight with him punisher was like he knows I won't use leathal force so he knows he has me beat. only a few heros punisher does not hold back against because they can take his best shots

willRules
cyke would win, he has a button hidden in his gloves...........

jgiant
Punisher has a trigger on his finger...

peejayd
* the point dude, is that when Cyke looks at Punisher, he's done for... Punisher needs to aim at Cyke first, Cyke just have to look at him... a matter of quicker execution...

LexCorp
No prep, cyke as much as I hate him, takes on more equiped baddies but give punisher some prep and a mission and he can take out most of the marvel universe. Wasn't there a comic about that, hehe.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by willRules
cyke would win, he has a button hidden in his gloves...........

He doesn't even need that. He can control the opening motion and the apeture of his visor psionically. He LITERALLY just has to think and ZARKT! Punisher is dead.

It really doesn't matter what Punisher brings to the table. It's nothing Cyke hasn't seen countless times before.

He's also been shown another countless times to be able to blast projectles like grenades and such out of the sky by the handful. So let's say Punisher chucks 5 grenades at Cyke. Cyke first kills Punisher then has plenty of time to take out the grenades before they get anywhere near him.

Rememer. He just needs to look at them. Then they're obliterated.

Oh yea. And Cyke has his the moon with his blast. There is no "limited range" factor here.

Cyclops 9/10. Just in case the Punisher snipes him or something.

peejayd
Originally posted by Metalmanx
He doesn't even need that. He can control the opening motion and the apeture of his visor psionically. He LITERALLY just has to think and ZARKT! Punisher is dead.

It really doesn't matter what Punisher brings to the table. It's nothing Cyke hasn't seen countless times before.

He's also been shown another countless times to be able to blast projectles like grenades and such out of the sky by the handful. So let's say Punisher chucks 5 grenades at Cyke. Cyke first kills Punisher then has plenty of time to take out the grenades before they get anywhere near him.

Rememer. He just needs to look at them. Then they're obliterated.

Oh yea. And Cyke has his the moon with his blast. There is no "limited range" factor here.

Cyclops 9/10. Just in case the Punisher snipes him or something.

* dude... got scans Cyke blasts the moon? it would be a blast!!! no pun intended...

Metalmanx
Originally posted by peejayd
* dude... got scans Cyke blasts the moon? it would be a blast!!! no pun intended...

Sorry, bro. Don't got 'em.

Wynndar
HUH? Didnt Emma ask him to hit the moon recently? He said his blast would dissipate thousands of miles before it ever reached the moon. He fired a huge blast in the air...it was impressive still..but just big...never hit the moon.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Wynndar
HUH? Didnt Emma ask him to hit the moon recently? He said his blast would dissipate thousands of miles before it ever reached the moon. He fired a huge blast in the air...it was impressive still..but just big...never hit the moon.

No no. I don't recall the issue, but it wasn't recent to my knowledge. But he was able to do it. Sorry I can't provide more.

leonheartmm
punisher has to pull the trigger, all cykes has to do is open his eyes.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Wynndar
I think it was Jean who asked him and wasn't that Ultimate X-Men?

bitca730
Cyclops wins this...even with prep he is the best tactictian the X-Men have...he takes the majority...actual powers over guns win anyday...

jgiant
cyc is human, punisher is much more deadly than him, he is even a better tactictian than cyc...punisher would no doubt find a way to beat cyc with prep...not even dd, or spiderman can stop frank with prep...

jrodslam
With Prep, Punisher can take this. Without, Cyke can just wide blast and defeat him.

Thunderstrike
With prep, Cyke is gonna get a LAW rocket to his chest.

Black Adam
No prep cyce takes this 10/10

with prep for punisher he would take this 8/10

both given prep I say it could come down to either of them.

DarkCrawler
cyc is human, punisher is much more deadly than him, he is even a better tactictian than cyc...punisher would no doubt find a way to beat cyc with prep...not even dd, or spiderman can stop frank with prep...

And Punisher isn't a human...?

And I think Cyke is better tactician then Punisher. At least on battlefield situations.

Thunderstrike
Personally, I think Frank is a better tactician. He's been doing it longer, and was a squad leader in Nam. Nick Fury says he's really skilled, and that f*ckin Nick Fury saying that. If Nick Fury says you're good, then you're very skilled.

DarkCrawler
Well yeah, you are probably right.

jgiant
30 + years of nonstop war's gotta help...

Sixth_Winged
Cyclops is faster to shoot and more accurate. Unless he hesistates shooting him unconscious for a moment, every fight would go to him...But considering Frank's rep as a good guy isn't that convincing to most of Marvel and fighters here are expected to give it their all, not likely to happen...

manorastroman
cyclops is sort of like a younger, saner punisher. they both have that sort of lunatic dedication.

h2h, cyclops wins 6/10
without prep, cyclops wins 9/10
punisher prep, punisher wins 9/10
equal prep, cyclops wins 7/10

jgiant
what does cycs prep consist of...not too many weapons i bet...on the other hand franks prep consists of booby traps everywhere, cyc is gunna get his head blown off if they both have prep...

bitca730
Cyclops has an uncanny sense of spactial awareness, no? He utilizes the environment in extraordinary ways to assist not only his powers...at the very least he can ricochet his optic blasts off of a surface in a matter of seconds to behead Punisher...

jgiant
if he even knew where he was, it would be too late...scoot would be dead...

Black Adam
if he even knew where he was, it would be too late...scoot would be dead...
how so?

His blast would reach it's target before Punisher even has a chance to pull the trigger or push a button....

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by manorastroman
cyclops is sort of like a younger, saner punisher. they both have that sort of lunatic dedication.

h2h, cyclops wins 6/10
without prep, cyclops wins 9/10
punisher prep, punisher wins 9/10
equal prep, cyclops wins 7/10

Unless Punisher's starting location is enough to give him a safe distance away from his enemy's sight range, his prep is moot given that he cannot really defend himself against the optic blast. It's faster to shoot, strong enough to punch a hole through a mountain (much less a vehicle or body armor frank could possibly attain for his prep time) and the user is far by accurate with spatial awareness. I was also under the impression that even with prep, they abide by the rules of default starting distance unless specified.

bitca730
Cyclops also functions normally completely blind folded, is a master strategist, and expert marksman...he has held his own toe-to-toe against Wolverine, Deadpool, Cable, Sabretooth, and Ghostrider...Punisher? ..no comment...

badabing
The Punisher would have to snipe Cyclops from a distance.

bitca730
Yeah, and a very far distance at that if he can live long enough to survive one of Scott's visor removed, miles wide, optic blast arcs...

badabing
Originally posted by bitca730
Yeah, and a very far distance at that if he can live long enough to survive one of Scott's visor removed, miles wide, optic blast arcs...
I had to read the first page and make sure there wasn't prep. A random meeting, Scot takes 8/10.

bitca730
...correction: NO comment or contest...well maybe a lil' bit...

Tassadar
With a random encounter, its a quick draw, and Punisher is very good at those, however Cyclops apparently controls his optic blasts with his mind now, so i guess Cyclops wins 6/10

peejayd
* give Cyke a prep? it's overkill... knowing Punisher as his opponent, Cyke is more of a strategist... plus, one shot <which takes less than a second or so> is all he needs...

* and yes, Frank has to snipe an unprepared Scott to win...

bitca730
And as the X-Men's field leader, Cyc is rarely unprepared...he surveys the area immediately

jgiant
i still doubt cyc's prep abilities...he is not the type to use weapons...frank is...there will be booby traps that will be much more deadly than the danger rooms...frank will also be sniping him from a distance while he is running into these traps...idk...i cant see cyc pulling it off...

peejayd
i still doubt cyc's prep abilities...he is not the type to use weapons...frank is...there will be booby traps that will be much more deadly than the danger rooms...frank will also be sniping him from a distance while he is running into these traps...idk...i cant see cyc pulling it off...

* being a master strategist / battle tactician says it all... Cyke is a field leader... if he is prepared, there is no way Punisher could ever tag him... wink

* Punisher can muster booby traps deadlier than the Danger Room? are you serious? confused

* yeah, Punisher needs the sniping... 'coz if not, he'll never win... stick out tongue

jgiant
* being a master strategist / battle tactician says it all... Cyke is a field leader... if he is prepared, there is no way Punisher could ever tag him... wink

* Punisher can muster booby traps deadlier than the Danger Room? are you serious? confused

* yeah, Punisher needs the sniping... 'coz if not, he'll never win... stick out tongue danger room is not intended to kill the person training...punisher is doing everything he can to kill cyc...and sniping is key to franks victory...

Milkie
The Punisher

http://gifdepot.com/albums/GIFsAthruL/boomheadshot.gif

jgiant
Originally posted by Milkie
The Punisher

http://gifdepot.com/albums/GIFsAthruL/boomheadshot.gif thumb up

samishe
Originally posted by Dark Thor
lmfao...it really depends on who gets hit first

Very true.

This would be a duel.
I think Cykes could reach his button faster than Frank could pull his gun. So Scott wins. But if Frank is holding his gun from the beginning of the fight then he wins.

elephant_man
its hard to say.... punisher could snipe him, its not like he's immuned to physical injury. But he just better hope that he doesnt get hit with his beam. i take cyclops though

Black Adam
Cyce wins 10/10 without prep
Punisher wins 9/10 if he's giving prep
cyce wins 7/10 is there both given prep.

So what is it in this match? prep? no prep? prep just for the punisher?

jgiant
well one with prep and one where they just meet on the street...

Metalmanx
Cyclops with the majority wins. Close fight though. But Cyke's power and tactical skills give him the advantage here.

peejayd
* Cyke sees Punisher, it's over... Cyke 9.5/10

jgiant
* Cyke sees Punisher, it's over... Cyke 9.5/10 well thats how cyc will die...he won't see him...it will be to late he'll be either blown up, electicuted, gassed, or filled with lead...

TheKahn
In a standard empty arena fight, Frank loses 10/10. Cyke can simply put out far more firepower much more quickly than Frank can and Cyke's power could even protect him to a degree from any bullets Frank does manage to get off. Now change the surroundings and give him some one-sided prep time and it is perfectly reasonable for Frank to score some victories.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.