Marvelboy vs Superboy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Two Boys

Dark Thor
Superboy

golem370
Marvel Boy the one who went up against Fantastic Four

Draco69
Superboy. Marvel Boy is just a trumped up Ant-Man. Please...

golem370
He lifted class 75

Draco69
Superboy is Class 100.

Whirlysplatt
Which Marvelboy?

golem370
The Blue Marvel possesses duplicates of the Quantum Bands, which give him power comparable to Quasar. He can fly, teleport, project powerful energy blasts, and form solid objects of any imaginable variety and purpose. He is a savage fighter, and his insanity makes him somewhat unpredictable. He apparently possesses an exact duplicate of the body of Marvel

Draco69
Waitaminute. I thought we're talking about Morrison's Marvel Boy. The Kree kid who wants to take over the world.

Khellendros
Superboy. Marvel Boy was cool, but not an Superboy's level.

EDIT:

Originally posted by Draco69
Waitaminute. I thought we're talking about Morrison's Marvel Boy. The Kree kid who wants to take over the world.
Yeah, so did I... Dunno jack about this other person

golem370
Superboy lost to Spider-Man

Draco69
Thor lost to Superman.

Please. Crossovers are bull.

Whirlysplatt
Thor lost to Superman.

Please. Crossovers are bull.

Not that one imo smile

golem370
I am sorry but Superboy is out gunned

Draco69
By a shrinking little boy with guns?

Whirlysplatt

I was worried it was this one and not GM's, I think Superboy probably takes it still. I seem to remeber meltdown for Marvelboy fighting the FF. smile

golem370
I show this again The Blue Marvel possesses duplicates of the Quantum Bands, which give him power comparable to Quasar. He can fly, teleport, project powerful energy blasts, and form solid objects of any imaginable variety and purpose. He is a savage fighter, and his insanity makes him somewhat unpredictable. He apparently possesses an exact duplicate of the body of Marvel

Draco69
I think you have the completely wrong character. You're most likely talking about Genis-Vell.

There's no such character as "Blue Marvel"

Marvel Boy is basically a trumped Ant-Man.

golem370
Name: None

Identity/Class: bioduplicate of human

Occupation: Inmate; Former agent of Thanos and would-be Protector of the Universe

Affiliations: Pawn of Thanos; Quantum Banders (duplicates of Ree, the Stygian Starbender, and Trantra; prisoner alongside other former Protectors of the Universe;

Enemies: Quasar, and to a lesser extent, the Avengers and the Punisher

Known Relatives: None.

Aliases: Marvel Boy II duplicate

Base of Operations: The White Room; formerly the Eonverse; formerly mobile on Earth

Appearances: (Marvel Boy duplicate) Quasar#26 (September, 1991); (Blue Marvel)Quasar#41 (26,27 40-43

Powers: The Blue Marvel possesses duplicates of the Quantum Bands, which give him power comparable to Quasar. He can fly, teleport, project powerful energy blasts, and form solid objects of any imaginable variety and purpose. He is a savage fighter, and his insanity makes him somewhat unpredictable. He apparently possesses an exact duplicate of the body of Marvel Boy II.

History: The Blue Marvel was initially created during by the mad titan Thanos using the seemingly limitless power of the Infinity Gauntlet. Thanos sought to disrupt the funeral honoring the cosmic entity known as Eon, and was opposed by his human agent Quasar, the current Protector of the Universe. After a brief struggle, Thanos grew bored with the conflict and created the Quantum Banders, four duplicates of former Protectors, formed from the matter of Eon's immense corpse, and given the memories of the originals as well as replicas of the Quantum Bands. Quasar managed to overpower and destroy the duplicates of Ree, the Stygian Starbender, and Trantra. However, Quasar only incapacitated the duplicate of Marvel Boy II and left him in the Eonverse, where he was forgotten, and presumed to have ceased to exist following the defeat of Thanos.

However, the duplicate remained in the Eonverse, surviving by consuming the corpse of Eon. During the events of the Infinity War, Quasar was disintegrated by the Ultimate Nullifier. Although his possession of the Starbrand power allowed him to survive, he was presumed to have died. Thanos, in preparation for events following the presumed defeat of the Magus, created a portal back to Earth and sent the duplicate there to take over his role as Protector of the Universe.

To this end, he attempted to join the Avengers, telling them he had been chosen by Epoch as Quasar's successor. Feeling he needed an original name to join the group of heroes, he dubbed himself the Blue Marvel. However, he left when he learned of the forms and red tapes necessary for joining. He then encountered and defeated the super-villain Heat-Ray, but had his attempts to behead the villain interrupted by Captain Marvel II. He attacked and overpowered her, which again drew the attention of the Avengers. They overpowered him, but he teleported away before they could incapacitate him.

Seeking heroes who took a harder stance against criminals, he briefly sought to become the partner of the Punisher. The Punisher attempted to dissuade him, but when the Blue Marvel injured several policemen with his mindless mayhem, he threatened to hunt him down and kill him. Blue Marvel considered destroying the Punisher, but then Thanos informed him that Quasar was alive and sent him to kill Quasar.

Blue Marvel was transported to the pocket dimension known as the White Room, which contained and imprisoned duplicates of all previous Protectors of the Universe, formed from Eon's own body and animated by mental residues left in the Quantum Bands from when they wore them. Blue Marvel destroyed the Angel of Vengeance, who was trying to free Quasar, and then attempted to slay Quasar himself. He again disintegrated Quasar, who was reformed by the Starbrand. Bereft of his own Quantum Bands, Quasar used the sword of the Angel of Vengeance, and the Starbrand power to overpower the Blue Marvel. Quasar then placed him in his own former seat in the White Room, where he presumably remains trapped.

Comments: Created by Mark Gruenwald, Dave Hoover, Greg Capullo, Steve Lightle, and Andy Smith.

Blue Marvel was apparently capable of independent thought. Presumably, the Infinity Gauntlet provided him with personality of his template. His insanity may indicate that he was derived from Grayson's final appearances as the Crusader, or he may have gone insane while trapped in the Eonverse eating alien corpse, or Thanos may simply have twisted his mind for his own purposes when he created him.

Clarifications: Marvel Boy II refers to Robert Grayson, aka the Crusader I, the 1950s hero who acquired the Quantum Bands from the Uranian Eternals, @ Marvel Boy I#1. He should not be confused with:

Marvel Boy I, Martin Burns, a golden-ager, with "shazam" like abilities, @ Daring Mystery Comics#6,...and USA Comics#7.

Marvel Boy III, aka Justice, Vance Astrovik, @ Thor I#411.

Marvel Boy IV, David Bank, mutated by Adreamix, @ Justice: Four Balance#3, 4

Marvel Boy V, Noh-Varr, that Kree guy, @ Marvel Boy

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by golem370
I show this again The Blue Marvel possesses duplicates of the Quantum Bands, which give him power comparable to Quasar. He can fly, teleport, project powerful energy blasts, and form solid objects of any imaginable variety and purpose. He is a savage fighter, and his insanity makes him somewhat unpredictable. He apparently possesses an exact duplicate of the body of Marvel

Not exactly hope this helps smile

Robert Grayson was the 1950s Marvel Boy. Grayson was the son of Dr. Horace Grabshied (later Grayson), a scientist who fled the Earth with his infant son during the rise of Nazi Germany. The Graysons landed on Uranus, where they were greeted by the native Eternals. Robert was given a costume and a pair of powerful bracelets, and returned to Earth to battle crime. Much later, he appeared in the pages of Fantastic Four, where he became the insane Crusader and died. The anthology What If showed a world where Marvel Boy was a member of a team of 1950s Avengers.
Wendell Vaughn was the 1970s Marvel Boy, though he only used that name once before becoming Marvel Man and later Quasar. He used the bracelets of the 1950s Marvel Boy, which were revealed to be the alien Quantum Bands given by the cosmic entity Eon to the Protector of the Universe.
Vance Astrovik was the 1980s Marvel Boy. He used that codename for some time before being sent to prison in the pages of New Warriors; he later adopted the codename of Justice.
Noh-Varr is the most recent Marvel Boy to appear. He is an alien Kree anti-hero styled after Captain Marvel.

The one you mean lost control of the quantum bands and died smile

taken from http://marvel-boy.biography.ms/

Keep the faith smile

Stay Whirly rock

golem370
I did not say he did not but at one time he could have fought him.

Draco69
THAT Marvel Boy then. Of course HE would win. But not the current Marvel Boy.

Whirlysplatt
I did not say he did not but at one time he could have fought him.

The Marvelboy 1 you mentioned was not a Marvel character he was owned by Fawcett Comics and was part of the Marvelman (later Miracleman familywink ) he would waste in adult form both Superboy and your version of Marvelboy.

smile

Juntai
Spiderman never could realistically beat Superboy. Superboy could extend his TK across the battlefield, and make Spiderman kick his own ass, or dance the polka. Anything that is in contact with him, or in contact with objects that are in contact with him, become his to control.

golem370
He did in a Real Comic Book

King KAM
Marvelboy, would get CRUSHED, Superboy would make him look like Atomsmasher versus Supes

golem370
What ever did you read his powers he would put Superboy in the earth.

Draco69
He did in a Real Comic Book

In a FANVOTED comic book. It was as logical as Wolverine with BONE claws beating Lobo. Please. roll eyes (sarcastic)

golem370
Was it not DC and Marvel comming together? if wolverine can go toe to toe with the likes of Hulk and Abomination he might have a chance against Lobo

Draco69
No it was fanvoted. Nobody knew Lobo from Adam. Did you really think fanboys would vote logically?

You obviously have no idea who Lobo is. Lobo is a BEAST. A simple slash from BONE claws would have broken against his friggin skin.

golem370
Not if we went up against Hulk and Adomination specialy since I have seen a Savage Hulk beat Wolverine so long and was not able to finish him he just took of

golem370
bump

spetznaz
Was it not DC and Marvel comming together? if wolverine can go toe to toe with the likes of Hulk and Abomination he might have a chance against Lobo

That comic was obviously Dc and Marvel 'coming together' .....after they do own the rights to their characters and thus have to 'come together' for any of their characters to be published. smile

HOWEVER it was fan voted!
Fan's determined who would win, and thus they voted Spidey over Supeboy.

Fan voted.

golem370
But what about his Marvel Boy know maybe better as Blue Marvel. http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/bluemarv.htm

soleran30
Superboy just abuses this poor kid..................he has more then just TTK now and can use his TK like Jean Grey and such not to mention his TK is ridiculously powerful.

Juntai
Originally posted by soleran30
Superboy just abuses this poor kid..................he has more then just TTK now and can use his TK like Jean Grey and such not to mention his TK is ridiculously powerful. That, and you know... Superman's powers now too, which he didn't have back in the day.

soleran30
Yeah I always liked Superboy better then Superman mostly because the guy fights SBP in jeans and a t-shirt! He didn't have to get all tight super uniform on..................ick.

I thought this was the Marvel boy with the nanites on him allowing him to control his body which means SB is gonna strip the nanites off of that silly kree. Anyway with his level of TK I never understood why he never just "accidently" stopped a bad guys heart from workingsmile

Juntai
Originally posted by soleran30
Yeah I always liked Superboy better then Superman mostly because the guy fights SBP in jeans and a t-shirt! He didn't have to get all tight super uniform on..................ick.

I thought this was the Marvel boy with the nanites on him allowing him to control his body which means SB is gonna strip the nanites off of that silly kree. Anyway with his level of TK I never understood why he never just "accidently" stopped a bad guys heart from workingsmile Because he's a hero, which in DC, actually means something.

And the jeans and T Shirt thing... he partnered up with Nightwing after regenerating from the SBP fight... Nightwing was all changing into specific clothes and armor and stuff, and he was like, you gonna change? . . Nah, I'm cool in this...

Rumor is, he's going to die, there has been nothing of him in One Year Later, and in interviews they won't answer any questions about him.
Wasn't the list of characters that might die...
Guy Gardner, Superboy, Flash, and Nightwing?
We know Nightwing lives, there's even two of him OYL.
Guy Gardner just became the number one lantern, don't see him dying.
Wally is also seen on the cover of the OYL Flash, though it says it 'won't be the same Flash at the end of the issue' but I take that as tricky wording until it's proven.

Validus
The list of characters did say Superboy specifically though. I'd bet anything Conner is Supernova. The name of Superboy is now stained by SBP.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.