Kill The Killer!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
okay, so a bounty's been put out on slade. someone hires crossbones, elektra and bullseye to take him out. they know he's in an abandoned warehouse, they have 12hrs to plan. slade KNOWS they know where he is, and is waiting for them. he also has 12hrs to plan.

can these three collect the bounty?

ps-assume the 3 WILL get along and work as a team.

willRules
Yes because Elektra and Bullseye are probably just as popular or maybe more popular than Slade so in a properly written comic he dies..............

leonidas
and forgetting popularity and going simply on skill . . .?

Juntai
Slade smashes the shit out these chumps, and asks which way the real powerhouses went.

Juntai
Originally posted by willRules
Yes because Elektra and Bullseye are probably just as popular or maybe more popular than Slade so in a properly written comic he dies..............
Slade can't die, he's immortal.
Healing factor like Wolverine too, but less plot induced.
He's faster and stronger, and better, than all of these chumps.
Matter of fact, he could probably dismantle any 12 hour they had going for them on the fly, even if they brought tanks and heli-ma-chopters.

leonidas
chumps? not hardly. slade is better than any one of them, but all 3 . . .?elektra would likely be the slade's biggest threat (even though at one point bullseye killed her, i still think she's better than he is) she has gone womano e mano with savage wolvie and has stalemated and beaten daredevil. crossbones as beaten cap AND daredevil and bullseye is bullseye. they are most certainly NOT chumps. and if they can ko him, they could cut him into so many pieces and scatter him so far around the globe that i would have to wonder if even slade's healing/immortality would bring him back.

o.g. slaughter
who iz crossbones

leonidas
he was red skull's top assassin. he's on par with cap.

Juntai
Originally posted by leonidas
chumps? not hardly. slade is better than any one of them, but all 3 . . .?elektra would likely be the slade's biggest threat (even though at one point bullseye killed her, i still think she's better than he is) she has gone womano e mano with savage wolvie and has stalemated and beaten daredevil. crossbones as beaten cap AND daredevil and bullseye is bullseye. they are most certainly NOT chumps. and if they can ko him, they could cut him into so many pieces and scatter him so far around the globe that i would have to wonder if even slade's healing/immortality would bring him back.
Whatever, I've seen him dismantle the Teen Titans, and back when they were a LARGE force, I seen him fight two incarnations of the JLA, in his own series he ran into and beat a couple of em, till he ran into Superman. And in identity crisis he pretty much owned a jla incarnation. The minute you show me Electra solo spanking the The Ultimates I'll consider it.

leonidas
well, wolvie pretty much stalemated him in a x-over (a good x-over) and bats has at least held his own against slade 1on1. he had a good showing v the jla's lesser members (kind of silly how he stabbed flash and what the hell was lantern thinking??)

slade's tough, but i still haven't heard anything convincing me these 3 don't have a chance.

Scoobless
well, wolvie pretty much stalemated him in a x-over

what? when did that happen? what crossover? sounds interesting... who else was in it?

willRules
Originally posted by Scoobless
what? when did that happen? what crossover? sounds interesting... who else was in it?

It was an X-men / Teen Titans crossover. First time they met Slade tried to hit Wolvie and missed, Wolvie hit him, next time they met it was vice versa. Not really a fight in my opinion...........

leonidas
nope, you're right, wasn't much of a 'fight' but it gave indication that physically there was little advantage for either of them. and it was a good x-over.

smile

Juntai
Slade would roll over Wolverine, no problem.

He's near Aquaman in strength, not quite as strong, but he was close. .. with healing factor, immortality, and the gadgets, fighting prowess and tactical expertise at LEAST equal to Batman.

willRules
nope, you're right, wasn't much of a 'fight' but it gave indication that physically there was little advantage for either of them. and it was a good x-over.

smile

Oh yeah it was good. I liked the bit where Slade knocked out Robin with one kick!!

Juntai
Who would hit him?

Juntai
The world moves in slow motion to Slade, because he uses 90% of his brain, he's even outdone flash on multiple occasions.. not in foot speed, but tripped him up before, stabbed him through, etc..

leonidas
batman has hit him many times. nightwing as well. these 3 are in their league.

DigiMark007
If Slade ever hit/tripped Flash it was from PIS. 90% of the brain (which we all use anyway...the 10% thing is a myth) does not equal speed force. Same with anyone above high-street level (Green Lantern was out of his mind though).

Slade's agility/speed/fighting I'd put somewhere between Daredevil and Spider-Man. So yeah, any one of these people (even possibly 2) and Slade wins. But I say Slade loses.

If this were Cap, Daredevil, and Bullseye I bet a lot more people would be arguing against Slade. And that's essentially what we're looking at here.

zachrivard
i think that slade kills crossbones and bullseye and makes electra his new apprentice

leonidas
<<If this were Cap, Daredevil, and Bullseye I bet a lot more people would be arguing against Slade. And that's essentially what we're looking at here.>>

yah, you're probably right. but they'd have charged a lot more.

smile

long pig
Slade is the master of prep, he'd kill.
Slade's intelligence>>>>Batman's.

How are they going to get into the warehouse without getting blown to hell?

One of his super grenades K.O'd Superboy AND WonderGirl at the same time.

These guys have no chance unless you take away Slade's prep.

jinzin
with his prep..he easily dispatches them with little effort...

in a non prep fight however I could see this as a very VERY interesting fight...I think the assassins could take him out but not without sacrifice...I would seriously what kind of team dynamic these guys have together....

leonidas
<<How are they going to get into the warehouse without getting blown to hell?
One of his super grenades K.O'd Superboy AND WonderGirl at the same time.
These guys have no chance unless you take away Slade's prep.>>

what's to keep them from blowing up the building with him IN it?

but i see your point. i think you and jinzin might be underestimating the 3 assassins -- they may be the best marvel has to offer -- but let's say 3 v 1 no prep.

Juntai
^^^ Slade still wins imo

K3VIL
Slade is THE soldier.
Except for Cyber he's the top rank street level being.
Cap, Bat and the others are all rookies compared to him.

willRules
I reckon Slade will take out one or two of them then get taken down by the remaining one...............

K3VIL
Originally posted by willRules
I reckon Slade will take out one or two of them then get taken down by the remaining one...............
Slade will own them so bad that the one who hired the team to kill him will recruit him.

Metalmanx
Bullseye will kill Slade with a toothpick.

K3VIL
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Bullseye will kill Slade with a toothpick.
Slade catch it and throw it back to BE into his throat, meanwhile shoots Elektra then jumps on Crossbones and knock out him with a roundhouse kick.

leonidas
not sure if you're overestimating slade (who couldn't even hit wolvie when he was right next to him) or underestimating the opposition. IF he wins, it sure as HELL wouldn't be easy.

Juntai
not sure if you're overestimating slade (who couldn't even hit wolvie when he was right next to him) or underestimating the opposition. IF he wins, it sure as HELL wouldn't be easy.
Slade smashes TEAMS of SUPERheroes for a living.
These guys are nothing.

leonidas
and he gets beat down by them too.

slade gets crazy luv 'round here. not logical luv, but crazy luv . . .

maybe with proper prep he beats all 3 but no prep? no chance these guys are 'nothing' to him. it's not EXACTLY like fighting 3 batmans, but it's not THAT far either. now please tell me you think slade could take THREE batmen all at once without prep . . . roll eyes (sarcastic)

long pig
That x-over sucked, I don't care what you say.

It was written by the same person who thinks wolverine can heal from a blood cell or take 100ton punches, so of course he isn't going to let his beloved Wolverine be smacked around when he's writing the comic.

Although it did show Wolverine basically say Slade is faster than himself, it really was all about the teams, Slade was there just to move the plot along.

jinzin
I liked that x-over..... sad and he can heal from a single cell with enough energy....the crystal gave the cell a kickstart....we have no idea how powerful that thing even was...just that wolverine had the universe in his palms after touching it....and wolverine takes class 100 punches quite often....

Creshosk
Heh, so the cell thing had a high level plot device with it. . . He did it from something completely circumstantial. . .

jinzin
yup. I thought trhat was common knowledge.....guess the wolverine haters forgot to mention that part..

Creshosk
Originally posted by jinzin
yup. I thought trhat was common knowledge.....guess the wolverine haters forgot to mention that part.. I only hear them complaining about belief in the end result. they make no mention of the how, or the why.

*groans* Now I'm going to be called more of a fanboy, because I think that he could regenerate from a blood cell with the right plot device. . .

jinzin
well it's happened so it's totally NOT useable for these debates man......NOT AT ALL....IN ANY WAY......but if wolverine gets KOed by a pebble hitting his head..we're sure damn gonna use that one! eek!

long pig
No I knew, I just left it out because it would have hampered my point.

stick out tongue

jinzin
laughing out loud

well at least your honest..I'll give ya that....oh I really almost have that slade pic done this time.....

long pig
big grin Yep.

I appreciate it, I've ran out of ideas for sigs. sad

jinzin
how could you run out of ideas? you're so funny.......it seems impossible....sad I'll have it done in a few days perhaps I just gotta get some "real work" out of the way first so I can ink it...

leonidas
if you guys are quite done ruining my perfectly good thread . . . mad

long pig
if you guys are quite done ruining my perfectly good thread . . . mad
embarrasment

Fanboy
Does anyone remember what happened in the Slade vs Wonder Woman comic?

long pig
Originally posted by Fanboy
Does anyone remember what happened in the Slade vs Wonder Woman comic?
http://secondtosupes.tripod.com/ds1.jpg
http://secondtosupes.tripod.com/ds2.jpg
http://secondtosupes.tripod.com/ds3.jpg
http://secondtosupes.tripod.com/ds4.jpg

Then when she finally gets a hold of him, she punches him a good one in the gut and he's out like a light....as he should be.

grey fox
yeah... but you have to admit he did a pretty decent job on her if it wasn't for the whole ' i can fly have superstrengh and super durability ' the she would have gone down.

long pig
Just the fact he didn't die was impressive.

Notice the speed factor though, that's the most impressive thing in that fight.
Slade is considered faster than WonderWoman.

willRules
Slade loses this fight but only just. He is good but not that good...............

Juntai
Originally posted by long pig
Just the fact he didn't die was impressive.

Notice the speed factor though, that's the most impressive thing in that fight.
Slade is considered faster than WonderWoman.
Slade can't die, he's immortal, and has super-healing.
In the future Slade kills the Hawk God.

K3VIL
3 peak human guys that are hired to kill street level heroes VS a guy that goes against Titans and the JLA on various occasions alone?
Slade can plan how the beat the crap out of them in a few and knock them out before they can show their skills.
Slade IS the Street Level king, if you wanna put him in that sector, those guys are wanna be mercenary

leonidas
do you consider wolvierine street level? what about spidey?

K3VIL
do you consider wolvierine street level? what about spidey?
Spidey is average street level, obviously his physical skills outclass those of the 3foes of Slade, but I'm sure that Deathstroke can take out Spider-Man.
Hobgoblin, an expert mercenary with gadgets was able to take Spidey to the Kingpin on his knees, and wrapped in chains, same thing can happen with Slade, and with major ease.
A JLA team with Aquaman and Hal Jordan GL struggled to catch Slade, 3 guys on peak human level aren't going to beat him, he'll walk all over them.
Batman usually throw down with DS cause they fight in a Batman comics or D.C. just wants happy fanboys seeing Batman showing his own.
After reading about Slade's precog and how it works, I'm not even surprised he was able to hit Flash, especially considering Wally in his first days as Flash, was "just" in the speed of sound range, he wasn't a master in the use of his power as now, he was still a former rookie that was now between the major heroes of the world with a legacy to take over, while DS has over 50 years of battle experience and enhanced abilities, and his brain activity is sufficiently fast to grant him to outsmart a Flash not at full power and acting dumb, Wally just run into Slade ready to punch him, not of a great tactic.
Kyle, a rookie too, punched him, while he was the one that could certainly contain him and even kill him, GL Ring= Limitless uses.
But he punched him, granting Slade a chance to win.
Comparing Captain America, Batman or others street level guys to Slade is like comparing Superman or Thor to Spider-Man or Jesse Quick.
Batman is a threat to metahumans thanks to his paranoid attitude, he has a plan to take out almost every Leaguer if they goes mad or evil, Slade can just take out most of them with few prep time or even just planning while they are attacking him.

leonidas
spidey has kicked hobby's ass mucho numbers of times. beaten once don't mean much. and what about wolvie? street level?

and elektra alone has stalemated spidey. do you know who/what elektra is? she's a LOT more than a simple 'ninja'. she has low level, undefined telepathic and mystic abilities and while slade is fighting superteams she has fought powerful black magic and uberpowerful demons. i think elektra alone would be a GREAT match for him. along with the other 2, they take him.

willRules
Slade loses this fight but not before taking down an enemy or two if he is lucky enough................

K3VIL
You're overrating the marvel team.
In the crossover between the TT and the X-Men Deathstroke throw down with Wolverine with ease, Elektra took down a Wolverine in a feral and weakned state.
Elektra has psychic and mystic abilities?Where were those abilities when she was killed from Bullseye?
Elektra's physical skills are all under those of Slade, same for experience, same for her healing powers.
Slade usually goes against metahumans in concrete situations.
Elektra stalemating Spidey is like Wolverine doing it, it's just a fight to please the crowd, cause after sawing the Wrecker picking up Logan for his costume and throwing him away, I've obtained the proof that a street level is no match for metahuman.
Deathstroke is a "bit" over street level.

long pig
Elektra tries to mess with Slade's mind and she'll be in an ass-shit of trouble. An ASS-SHIT I say! big grin
She isn't smart enough to handle an enhanced mind like his, he freaked Manhunter out with his fuc*ed up uber complicated mind.

Elektra never beat Spiderman without a plot device, nor has she ever beaten Wolverine without ample plot devices.

What exactly do we call street level here?

To me, SL is peak human with high skills......what's everyone else's definition?

leonidas
read elektra assassins. elektra is a bad mofo. and street level IS an interesting question. anyone?

jinzin
i don't know but I believe we need to rethink this whole idea of peak human here...it's quite clear that comic book humans who have established themselves as superheroes and been successful clearly excede the scope and range of capabilities beyond what any living human can do....yet in so many threads they lose because they're human?

I don't quite follow that logic...

leonidas
ya think??

are you telling me you can't see mary lou retton jumping from 75 story building, swinging around a flagpole to land on a 6 inch window ledge that is 60 feet away?? i mean, because mary lou retton was a gold medal gymnast and daredevil ALSO has 'olympic' level gymnastic skills . . .

and i'm sure all those ultraintelligent ufc fighters would do pretty well against guys like wolverine and cap and batman . . .

ya, peak human could probably do with a retcon . . .

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.