ROGUE vs STORM vs EMMA FROST vs SAGE

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonheartmm
battle of the gorgeous, sultry and sexy.

stormfront13
well, rogue can be taken down by emma. emma has a very hard time getting into storms mind if she even can anymore, and sage has that thing where she can repel tp assualts, so emma should go into diamond form. sage can't really do anything to either emma or storm, so she will be tkaken out. and storm beats emma

CorderaMitchell
I'm going to say emma, just because she's hated around here...

GalacticStorm
In a 4 way id give to either Storm or Sage (if she has access to gadgets)

ALEMASTER
i'd say storm because i've read a comic were emma gets her ass kicked by storm and yeah i agree with galactic storm

sbo
Storm's beaten Emma already, and Rogue's beaten storm. Rogue also has some resistance to telepathy. So Rogue (classic) takes it.

Storm beats current Rogue along with emma and sage.

pr1983
I'm gonna go with emma... she's a badass and i think people overstate storms resistance to emma's abilities...

stormfront13
people don't overrate it, if you go by history storm isn't gonna let emma in and in the past emma hasn't been able to get in. storm used to be partly afraid of emma so i dobt she is gettin in. SBO, out of curoiusity, when did rogue beat storm, sounds like a good coomic to see

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by pr1983
I'm gonna go with emma... she's a badass and i think people overstate storms resistance to emma's abilities...

Storms beaten her many a time and resisted her psychic attacks. I think the Cyclops connection has something to do with your vote big grin

Creshosk
Storm has a very strong willpower as well, she resisted dracula when he vamped her. . . Good thing too. . .

I'm going to have to go with GS on this one.

stormfront13
yep, me too, imo storm is the most powerful here

Pointinel
cosigns storm.

then rouge. seriously. i think she imprinted emma... not sure tho

pr1983
Originally posted by stormfront13
people don't overrate it, if you go by history storm isn't gonna let emma in and in the past emma hasn't been able to get in. storm used to be partly afraid of emma so i dobt she is gettin in. SBO, out of curoiusity, when did rogue beat storm, sounds like a good coomic to see

you assuming storm has the ability to stop emma in the first place...

Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Storms beaten her many a time and resisted her psychic attacks. I think the Cyclops connection has something to do with your vote big grin

Not really... i actually dont like emma that much at all...

BobbyD
Ugh, always violence. Must they fight? Can't they just settle for washing my car in their bikinis?

life is cruell
Resistance doesnt mean emma cant get inside their heads she just has a more difficult time. And dont count rogue out she still has sunfires powers doesnt she? A fire blast would surely be enough to take out storm or sage so i think its down to emma or rogue.

pr1983
Originally posted by BobbyD
Ugh, always violence. Must they fight? Can't they just settle for washing my car in their bikinis?

As long as you record and distribute it... stick out tongue

stormfront13
Pr, storm has always had the ability to stop emma, and since emma hasn;t done anything impressive lately then I'd say storm still has the power to take her down. and life, a fire blast probabl could take out sage or storm, but a lightning bolt would hit rogue first. lightning can be activated by a simple thought, and moves at 60,000 miles pre second. she wouldn't be able to dodge it. and also storm just wouldn't let storm hit her, a simple movement or a pressure dome could save her. rogue and sage will be taken out. then it's between storm and emma, and we all know who wins there seeing as everytime they have fought storm has won. the only time ema won was when storm first came out and had no expierence at fighting.

xmarksthespot
Emma takes control of Rogue, uses her to take out Storm and Sage then psiblasts Rogue. Emma wins.
This is all based on an assumption that Storm can resist Emma's telepathy. The only one of these four that has actual resistance to telepathy is Sage.
I'm also of the opinion that Storm's resistance to telepathy is hyperbolized.

pr1983
Originally posted by stormfront13
Pr, storm has always had the ability to stop emma, and since emma hasn;t done anything impressive lately then I'd say storm still has the power to take her down. and life, a fire blast probabl could take out sage or storm, but a lightning bolt would hit rogue first. lightning can be activated by a simple thought, and moves at 60,000 miles pre second. she wouldn't be able to dodge it. and also storm just wouldn't let storm hit her, a simple movement or a pressure dome could save her. rogue and sage will be taken out. then it's between storm and emma, and we all know who wins there seeing as everytime they have fought storm has won. the only time ema won was when storm first came out and had no expierence at fighting.

Again...

the lightning may move at 8,000 miles per second, storms thoughts do not...

just because emma hasnt done anything impressive lately doesnt mean she can't do anything impressive...

storm got lucky... simple as that, she bluffed once, and emma was stupid enough to be hanging onto her the other time...

pressure dome... no good vs telepathy...

amazing how you count storms victores but not emma's with a simple "she wasnt ready..."

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by pr1983
Again...

the lightning may move at 8,000 miles per second, storms thoughts do not...

just because emma hasnt done anything impressive lately doesnt mean she can't do anything impressive...

storm got lucky... simple as that, she bluffed once, and emma was stupid enough to be hanging onto her the other time...

pressure dome... no good vs telepathy...

amazing how you count storms victores but not emma's with a simple "she wasnt ready..."

Emmas telepathy moves no faster than Storms lightning im afraid if anything its slower when you consider the actual speed of thought so i fail to see what point your trying to make. Both powers are psionically operated, so both of them have to think to initiate them, Storms just gets their faster.

Storm never got lucky when she fought Emma. Not in the slightest. Emma attacked psionically attacked Storm as Storm was trying to save her, Storm then struck her with lightning forcing her to go to diamond form. Emma was then repelled and restrained with winds. Storm then threatened to shatter Emma by propelling a projectile at her with hurricane force winds. She bluffed in that Emma is a team mate and when you consider Storms nature she isnt the type to participate in needless killing, however carrying out the threat was well within her capabilities. Normal shaped diamonds have four directions of cleavage, meaning that if it receives a sharp blow in one of these directions it will cleave, or split. Emma in her humanoid shape has many more, many more extremities which could cause Emma to shatter if a hard blow is delivered. Google the subject for confirmation.

Emma cannot use her telepathy in diamond form to my knowledge despite the claims of some people on these forums. In a battle situation like this with beings who can kill her with a gesture Emma would be restricted to diamond form especially with three people gunning for her potentially. Her telepathy for the most part is out of the battle. Emma in her diamond form is vulnerable to shattering by Storms projectiles, the melting point of diamond varies from source to source ranging from 3200 kelvin to 3820 kelvin, Emma is vulnerable to Rogues heat which maxes out at around the same temperature.

Storms has a high resistance to telepathy as supported by Xaviers comments and her appearances in comics. Emma would not be able to take Storm out easily or quickly. In this battle situation Emma simply doesnt have the time to do this. One flash of lightning, an atomic flame burst or a shot from one of Sages gadgets would force her to go into diamond form at which point she is a sitting duck.

Its not even definite that Storm would be engaged in a battle with Emma as opposed to the other combatants, but its likely because of their shared history and given Storms versatility, Storm would be the likely victor.

As for Storm against the others. Rogue is woefully inexperienced with Sunfires powers only having had them for the equivalent of a few weeks at the most. With these powers she is limited to 150mph, Storm is considerably faster, Storms powers can neutralise Sunfires and take her out.

Sage is the greatest threat here if she has access to her gadgets. With her computer mind she knows the Xmens capabilities inside out and knows just how to take them down. It comes down to Storm and Sage in my opinion. Emma despite outside appearances is still vulnerable and the battle circumstances limit her strategies, Rogue is to inexperienced and not fast enough. Storm has the power and versatility to do it, but Sage is very capable of winning with access to technology.

willRules
This has turned into an Emma vs Storm thread, I think that Sage and Classic rogue could play a big part in this (Current rogue is screwed)

xmarksthespot
It depends on who allies with whom. If Emma and Rogue (classic) go after Storm because they perceive her as the greatest threat then Storm is definitely going down.

GS Storm's resistance to telepathy isn't absolute. It's a resistances not an immunity, and the only one who is immune is Sage. If Storm's attention is divided, which it is, and Emma really put her mind to taking control of Storm, she would.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
It depends on who allies with whom. If Emma and Rogue (classic) go after Storm because they perceive her as the greatest threat then Storm is definitely going down.

GS Storm's resistance to telepathy isn't absolute. It's a resistances not an immunity, and the only one who is immune is Sage. If Storm's attention is divided, which it is, and Emma really put her mind to taking control of Storm, she would.

I know resistance doesnt equal immunity, however as aforementioned it means that it would take Emma time and effort to take her down. Emma in this battle situation doesnt have such time. She is amongst people who could kill her within seconds, she would be forced into diamond at which point she is a sitting duck for the two airborne elementals.

It is the assumption on theses forums that we are dealing with the last shown incarnation of the characters in the comics unless otherwise specified by the threadmaker. Classic rogue is out of the equation im afraid.

willRules
Ok I was just saying Classic Rogue had more of a chance...........

ImmortalOne
.......... listening to "Girl Fight" by Brooke Valentine

xmarksthespot
Emma + Rogue (Sunfire) would in all likelihood defeat Storm anyway.

GS you lowball the melting point of diamond by around a 1000K from the information that I've found. I have figures of 4000K-4700K. Storm's boiling point is 373K if you consider most of what constitutes her is water. It would be far easier for Rogue to go after her.

GalacticStorm
Emma + Rogue (Sunfire) would in all likelihood defeat Storm anyway.

GS you lowball the melting point of diamond by around a 1000K from the information that I've found. I have figures of 4000K-4700K. Storm's boiling point is 373K if you consider most of what constitutes her is water. It would be far easier for Rogue to go after her.

The highest melting point i have found foR diamond is 3800k rogues max temperature maxes out at around that. But then a single lightning bolt would finish off rogue and unlike her atomic flame its direction/path is under her mental control. I havE no doubt in my mind that storm could defeat rogue her powers can neutralise rogues quite easily and rogue is considerably slower in the air and not experienced in flying through thermal propulsion.

I know you love Emma but the situation remains the same. The circumstances of this battle render her a sitting duck

xmarksthespot
I don't love Emma. Was that an attempt to label me a fanboy? sad
If this was a Stepford Cuckoos thread though... big grin
I like arguing for the underdog, or arguing against the overdog (if that's a word).

Do you dispute that Rogue and Emma together would defeat Storm?

I have figures for M.P. of diamond ranging roughly from around 4000-5000K. Arguably Emma's organic diamond may have an even higher M.P. considering Colossus sets a precedent as his organic steel M.P. is much higher than normal steel alloys.

4710K CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics 84th Ed.
4300K http://www.matweb.com/search/SpecificMaterial.asp?bassnum=CDiamA
4750K http://www.ioffe.ru/SVA/NSM/Semicond/Diamond/thermal.html

When you talk about Rogue vs Emma, you're talking about Rogue going max flame straight away as if Emma will stand there and wait to be hit. Whereas when it's Rogue vs Storm, Rogue is inept at her powers and can barely do anything. erm
A single lightning bolt didn't finish off Emma in the fight you like to bring up and she was in her human form so I dispute the damage a single lightning bolt causes. Rogue needn't even fly she can project streams of atomic fire at Storm from the ground, which Storm will have to evade, because if she doesn't... flesh melts at a considerably lower temperature than diamond.

I know you love Storm wink, but she's is facing three formidable adversaries not one. If she focuses solely on Emma, she is open to attack from Rogue and Sage. If she divides her attention she is very much more susceptible to mental attack from Emma.

Imo Sage is sneaky enough to pull off the win anyway. The others forget about her and exhaust themselves fighting each other, then she swoops in for the kill. laughing

GalacticStorm
I don't love Emma. Was that an attempt to label me a fanboy? sad
If this was a Stepford Cuckoos thread though... big grin
I like arguing for the underdog, or arguing against the overdog (if that's a word).

Do you dispute that Rogue and Emma together would defeat Storm?

I have figures for M.P. of diamond ranging roughly from around 4000-5000K. Arguably Emma's organic diamond may have an even higher M.P. considering Colossus sets a precedent as his organic steel M.P. is much higher than normal steel alloys.

4710K CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics 84th Ed.
4300K http://www.matweb.com/search/SpecificMaterial.asp?bassnum=CDiamA
4750K http://www.ioffe.ru/SVA/NSM/Semicond/Diamond/thermal.html

When you talk about Rogue vs Emma, you're talking about Rogue going max flame straight away as if Emma will stand there and wait to be hit. Whereas when it's Rogue vs Storm, Rogue is inept at her powers and can barely do anything. erm
A single lightning bolt didn't finish off Emma in the fight you like to bring up and she was in her human form so I dispute the damage a single lightning bolt causes. Rogue needn't even fly she can project streams of atomic fire at Storm from the ground, which Storm will have to evade, because if she doesn't... flesh melts at a considerably lower temperature than diamond.

I know you love Storm wink, but she's is facing three formidable adversaries not one. If she focuses solely on Emma, she is open to attack from Rogue and Sage. If she divides her attention she is very much more susceptible to mental attack from Emma.

Imo Sage is sneaky enough to pull off the win anyway. The others forget about her fight and exhaust themselves fighting each other, then she swoops in for the kill. laughing

When it comes to fighting these girls one on one Storm should win against either rogue, emma frost or sage (although it depends on whether she has access to gadgets and also on the battlefield) for the aforementioned reasons. The intensity of the lightning is mentally controlled by storm. If she had struck to take emma out then she would have very well done so as she has done to her in the past. The lightning served its purpose it forced emma into diamond form at which point believe it or not she became less of a threat and was easily restrained by Storm. In hurricane winds, the Rogue wouldnt be able to get airborne, rogues flames would be snuffed out and emma would be forced into diamond form. Under such circumstances i do believe Storm could take out Emma and Rogue but then she would in turn be very vulnerable to Sage and probably be defeated.

We dont know exactly how the characters will act or if they will pair off which i doubt when it is a free for all and with such a small number of people. Emma would be one of the first people to be focused on because of her telepathy, therefore emma would be forced into diamond form. Emma wouldnt start off attacking Storm directly with TP because it would take up too much time and effort and she would be vulnerable to lightning and the attacks of the other combatants.

I.M.O as ive stated from the very beginning this would be won by either Storm or Sage. One on one Storm would win, but given the circumstances of this match up Sage if she's sneaky enough and has access to gadgets, she could very well do it.

Creshosk
What the hell? Diamonds don't melt, they're pure carbon. At normal atmospheric pressure a diamond will turn into graphite and then burn giving off carbon dioxide. Humphry Davy in the early 19th Century, put a diamond in an evacuated bell jar, then focused sunlight on it to heat it. The diamond changed to graphite. Davy and Michael Faraday burned a diamond and proved that the only product was carbon dioxide, showing that diamonds were pure carbon.

GalacticStorm
I dont know what to believe then Creshosk have you got any websites i can refer to?

Oh and XMS where in those sites you refered me to does it state those kelvin temperatures i couldnt find them.

Creshosk
http://www.webelements.com/webelements/elements/text/C/chem.html
http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:RsEjyyB1ng8J:www.sabinmetal.com/Pages/articles_cep-2-05.html+Carbon&hl=en
http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:-qBafut_VPgJ:www.appaltree.net/aba/iron.htm+%22carbon+in%20wrought%22&hl=en
http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cachebig grin7MTVTFyu5IJ:www.du.edu/~jcalvert/phys/carbon.htm+%22diamond+burns%22&hl=en
http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:Xk0LYJpToVIJ:www.materialkemi.lth.se/for_students/courses/course_projects/hardmaterial/Diamond.htm+%22diamond+burns%22+-hotel&hl=en
http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:OKteQvKUagAJ:www.halfbakery.com/idea/Metallic_20Hydrogen+%22diamond+burns%22+-hotel&hl=en
http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:LyUgZX3gsrEJ:dendritics.com/scales/c-allotropes.asp+%22diamond+burns%22+-hotel&hl=en
http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:rIP9DqwWEDkJ:www.bbc.co.uk/science/horizon/1999/diamonds_script.shtml+%22diamond+burns%22+-hotel&hl=en

I've run a bunch of the links through google so as to highlight the areas of interest.

GalacticStorm
Damn you came up with the goods Cresh lol.

pr1983
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Emmas telepathy moves no faster than Storms lightning im afraid if anything its slower when you consider the actual speed of thought so i fail to see what point your trying to make. Both powers are psionically operated, so both of them have to think to initiate them, Storms just gets their faster.

I disagree... she needs to time to cast the lightning bolt itself, emma needs no such time...

I dont need to google anything, because i believe im right...

emma was in physical contact, storms bolt was a move of desperation if anything...

And i believe storm was bluffing... i doubt shes accurate enough to carry out her threat...

I doubt she's that slow in reacting at all, and i dont believe she'll need her diamond form right away...

as for the shattering, again i believe its nothing more than a bluff...

High resistance, not immunity... i believe emma is powerful enough to take down storm quickly enough...

Likely in your opinon...

I'd tend to agree...

stormfront13
B]

storm only needs a thought, that hardly takes time

hmmmmm.....a bit overconfident?

storm used her main attack, by your defenition everytime emma uses telepathy, she does so out of desperation. it's called tactics, storm was being attacked, so she used her main form of attack. maybe you should google that instead

angel was accurate enough, storm could be as well

if she doesn't go to diamond form, a lightning bolt can take her out

really? she couldn't do it to storm last time

pr1983
it does take time to cast it...

Not at all... u?

You did not just say that... READ IT AGAIN... its called CONTEXT...

angel had a gun... thats a hell of alot more precise than blowing a projectile toward someone...

Assuming storm is faster than emma...

don't mistake "didn't" for "couldn't"...

stormfront13
QUOTE]it does take time to cast it...

not really, storm has instantley summoned lightning before

nope, not really

I believe I did just say it, and i stand by what I said. it wasn't a move of desperation, it was a defensive move, and a tactic. maybe you could EXPLAIN what you meant, of wait....we've been down this road before, never mind

with summoning a bolt, more than likely she is. her whole life she has been fighting and honing reflexes and reaction time. I'd say she is faster.

emma couldn't in that fight. as soon as she tried storm resisted and storm summoned a bolt forcing emma to stop the assualt.

pr1983
so u assume storm can be instantaneous but emma can't?

you sure?

well arent you adorable... its not my fault your the only one who cant understand me...

oh, so now she IS faster... so how many x-men comics have you written?

that same fight again? where emma was hanging onto her?

crimsonphoenix
y does every1 underestimate sage.

stormfront13
did I ever say emma can't be instantaneous? I just believe storm will react faster

I like to think so, but that's not the point. it was badly explained and you didn't even explain what you meant by it when asked.

only in my opinion she is faster, but her whole life she has been fighting so she has more expierence.

hanging onto her? emma let go when she was hit by the lightning bolt. can you explain what you mean seeing as emma only had her for a second or two, oh wait never mind that last part. I will never get an answer.

pr1983
Originally posted by crimsonphoenix
y does every1 underestimate sage.

Nobody does... but offensively i'd worry about the range of powers the others possess...

crimsonphoenix
remember this about sage. "What she sees,she remembers:what she remembers can be recalled in an instant, with perfect clarity. Yet she remains an enigma. Her teamates know little of her, yet she seems to know everything about them "

stormfront13
well she doesn't have any protection against electricity(storm) or fire(rogue). yeah, she would be dangerous and could possibly win the fight, but she doesn't have the durability to outstand the others

pr1983
remember this about sage. "What she sees,she remembers:what she remembers can be recalled in an instant, with perfect clarity. Yet she remains an enigma. Her teamates know little of her, yet she seems to know everything about them "

Tactically i'd say she's superior... just how is she going to back that ability up?

She'd have to be terribly sneaky...

crimsonphoenix
i am just saying dont rule her out . god she is like the outcast of the outcasts. lol

pr1983
i am just saying dont rule her out . god she is like the outcast of the outcasts. lol

I wouldnt rule her out... she could potentially cause an upset...

crimsonphoenix
y r u folowing me around go to another thread lol im jk. at the end tho it would be sage and storm and thats all i know

pr1983
y r u folowing me around go to another thread lol im jk. at the end tho it would be sage and storm and thats all i know

Maybe, maybe not... stick out tongue

Creshosk
remember this about sage. "What she sees,she remembers:what she remembers can be recalled in an instant, with perfect clarity. Yet she remains an enigma. Her teamates know little of her, yet she seems to know everything about them " There is a difference between knowing something, and being able to do something about it I'm afraid. Eidetic memory by itself means very little.

crimsonphoenix
well if u say that then evey1 is f****d ,cause if sage cant multi task then know 1 can

crimsonphoenix
wow that makes me sound like a b**** sorry lol

xmarksthespot
In that fight Emma got cocky - that's all. There's some serious misconception of what Emma was doing to Storm. She attacked Storm up close, trying to alter her perceptions and mentality, which is more akin to mental surgery with a psychic scalpel than psiblasts which are more akin to hacking away at someone's mind with a psychic machete. The former requires precision and time and is more open to resistance, the latter much less so.
Seconds more and she would have likely succeeded in altering Storm's mind too.

This is what happens when Emma psiblasts Storm (and Colossus and Wolverine)...
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/anticryste/FrostvsStorm.jpg

GalacticStorm
In that fight Emma got cocky - that's all. There's some serious misconception of what Emma was doing to Storm. She attacked Storm up close, trying to alter her perceptions and mentality, which is more akin to mental surgery with a psychic scalpel than psiblasts which are more akin to hacking away at someone's mind with a psychic machete. The former requires precision and time and is more open to resistance, the latter much less so.
Seconds more and she would have likely succeeded in altering Storm's mind too.

This is what happens when Emma psiblasts Storm (and Colossus and Wolverine)...
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/anticryste/FrostvsStorm.jpg

X that occassion has already been debated months ago. Emma snuck up on the Xmen and psiblasted them from behind, giving them little chance to resist and they eventually fell. Despite being caught unawares It was far from an instantaneous process as is made quite clear from that comic.

That was the 2nd generation of Xmens firs encounter with a telepath, they had been a team for a few months, Xavier had given them training to resist telepathy but obviously against a good telepath like Emma and when caught unawares it makes little difference.

Since that initial encounter the Xmen went on to receive a lot more training, the idea that elecromagnetic energies disrupted psionic energies was introduced and Storm (having previously been a new somewhat undefined character) Storm was established as a character with tremendous willpower. With all those elements in place Storm went on to fight Emma a second time and Emma got pounded, she tried to psiblast Storm (bear in mind that Emma was a villain at this time) and she was resisted then Emma got her arse fried along with Sebastien Shaw who also sampled Storms own brand of texas justice.

In their third encounter Storm tried to save Emma after she was sent hurtling across the horizon and Emma repaid her with a psychic assault. Storm caught unawares resisted and lashed out with a lightning bolt. Emma was forced into diamond form and she was repelled with Storms winds and restrained.

Emma in her diamond form has many more areas of cleavage(NO i dont mean it like that lol) than a normal diamond, she has many extremities all of which when struck by a sudden sharp blow will shatter Emma. Diamonds are the hardest natural substance on Earth however they are very brittle please bear that in mind. If in a naturally occurring storm grass can penetrate concrete and trees then in winds psionically controlled by storm sufficent projectiles could very well shatter emma. It was no bluff. Emma structural integrity as it were because of her shape is a lot less secure than a normal diamond.

To summarise Emma as powerful a telepath as she is could not take out the Xmen with a psiblast instantly, with the little training they had they were still able to resist her for a little while before emms took them down, so it was far from an instantaneous process. Since then all of the Xmen have had training from the most powerful telepaths on the planet (who emma pales beside in comparison), Storms character more specifically her willpower was defined as part of what makes her storm in the comics and also the diea that electromagnetic energies can disrupt psionic power was stablished. All of these things explain why in subsequent battles since that first encounter, Storm has defeated Emma soundly.

Emma amongst such powerful opponents with long range abilities would need to be in diamond form or risk death. In diamond form she gets taken out through shattering, or battlefield removal (as storm has done to the hulk before but unlike him emma doesnt have 3 mile at a time jumping capabilities)

xmarksthespot
The second situation Storm was particularly enraged due to the body snatch. Does she have that state of mind in this fight, that would afford her increased willpower? (If that's the second encounter you're talking about)
Do you dispute my appraisal of the third situation, and my analogies?
There's a difference between psiblast and a trying to alter someone's mind. Emma was doing the latter.

Besides I'm sick of Storm verging on Wolverine/Batman levels of hype and the turning of her into a second-rate Magneto. She in no way has control over the electromagnetic spectrum.

She's a great character, I actually like her more than Emma and Rogue (but not Sage big grin) but the automatic assumption that she would win annoys me. Especially the assumption that if two of the characters double teamed her she'd still win and the strange notion that it takes effort for everyone else to use their powers except Storm.

Emma's a very powerful telepath if she psiblasts, Storm will feel it. If she's in flight (which for some reason always seems to be assumed in Storm threads from the get-go as well) she requires concentration, to use her powers requires concentration, I'd wager it's difficult to concentrate when one is being psiblasted. Rogue although unskilled in her new powers is still a formidable opponent with a very dangerous projectile power. Sage is an incredibly guileful adversary, she knows all three inside and out, her predictive ability given enough data is akin to precog and her movements are fluid with her mind, (overall I still think Sage with a mere dagger pulls off the win... big grin).

As to whether Storm can direct projectiles, that assumes there are projectiles. I'm not well versed on how diamonds fracture so perhaps you could elaborate a bit more. A regular diamond has 4 atomic planes and need to be struck at specific angles to fracture? (Storm achieves these specific angles how?) Emma's surface is smooth and curved... so she has more planes of cleavage? confused

GalacticStorm
The second situation Storm was particularly enraged due to the body snatch. Does she have that state of mind in this fight, that would afford her increased willpower? (If that's the second encounter you're talking about)
Do you dispute my appraisal of the third situation, and my analogies?
There's a difference between psiblast and a trying to alter someone's mind. Emma was doing the latter.

Besides I'm sick of Storm verging on Wolverine/Batman levels of hype and the turning of her into a second-rate Magneto. She in no way has control over the electromagnetic spectrum.

She's a great character, I actually like her more than Emma and Rogue (but not Sage big grin) but the automatic assumption that she would win annoys me. Especially the assumption that if two of the characters double teamed her she'd still win and the strange notion that it takes effort for everyone else to use their powers except Storm.

Emma's a very powerful telepath if she psiblasts, Storm will feel it. If she's in flight (which for some reason always seems to be assumed in Storm threads from the get-go as well) she requires concentration, to use her powers requires concentration, I'd wager it's difficult to concentrate when one is being psiblasted. Rogue although unskilled in her new powers is still a formidable opponent with a very dangerous projectile power. Sage is an incredibly guileful adversary, she knows all three inside and out, her predictive ability given enough data is akin to precog and her movements are fluid with her mind, (overall I still think Sage with a mere dagger pulls off the win... big grin).

As to whether Storm can direct projectiles, that assumes there are projectiles. I'm not well versed on how diamonds fracture so perhaps you could elaborate a bit more. A regular diamond has 4 atomic planes and need to be struck at specific angles to fracture? (Storm achieves these specific angles how?) Emma's surface is smooth and curved... so she has more planes of cleavage? confused

In the second situation storm certainly was enraged but thats not an exception. In all matters to do with Emma Frost Storm takes a similar stance. That is one of the reasons Storm and Emma came into conflict on the third case, because Storm has a problem with her after all she has done in the past. Reread the issue to refresh your memory. In the third situation Emma it appears was trying to mentally alter Storms mind however since their first encounter as aforementioned marvel implemented some changes and Emma tried to psiblast storm and she got fried. Im not saying that means Storm will be forever immune from psiblasts from Emma, but given Storms record for resisting psychic assaults since then and even in very recent times and considering the circumstances of the battle affor Emma little time for such an assault i really dont see Emma having the upper hand. Storms resistance to Emma is down to not just her willpower but also the energies she wields and her training. In the circumstances of this battle Emma simply can not afford the time it will take to take down storm psionically with the other two around. If she did try to do it who is to say storm wont just blast her herself like she did on their second encounter. Storm has a good hustory of resisting telepathic assaults and for making it difficult for telepathic contact to be made in the first instance beacuse of the natre of her powers. That can not be ignored regardless of your feelings on the character.

How is Storm turning into a second rate Magneto or being hyped to ridiculous proportions? It is lack of knowledge on the true nature of storms abilities which gives a false impression that she's being hyped by fans or that she's being shown to do things people not in the know think she shouldnt be able to do. No Storm doesnt have control over the E.M spectrum to the extent Mags does, however i have previously explained to you what her actual powers are so her ability to create E.M.P's is completely feasible.

Storm due to the versatility and range of her powers could quite convincinly defeat the inexperienced, current rogue and emma frost together for the aforementioned reasons. Im not saying thats how it would definitely go because who am i or any of us to say that. But given the circumstances its quite possible given her experience and when you weigh up those characters attributes.

One on one storm debatably is the most likely to win out of these women. However because there are 4 combatants i cant say definitively who would win. Storm on paper wins this however Sage is very capable and could pull off a win depending on what th ethread maker allows her to have access to. If she has nothing but her powers then she goes down.

GalacticStorm
Oops forgot about the diamond cleavage thing lol. How Emma is depicted in the comics varies from artist to artist. She isnt always depicted as having a smooth diamond surface, especially since her shattering last year. She is sometimes shown with many lines and crevices running along her body which would make sense when you consider that people who can change their bodies into these alternate forms merely go through a conversion process wherein every cell of their bodies is replaced by an equivalent cell of the alternate material be it diamond or organic steel. Emma cannot be solid smooth diamond otherwise she would be able to move. She has joints and extremities and indentations on her body which provide points of cleavage. If a sudden sharp blow were to land on one of these extremities, joints or indentations then she could very well be shattered or taken out of the battle.

So that or Storm could just send her flying across the horizon. Battlefield removal is a valid win.

stormfront13
yeah, I agree with galactic on most parts

Cosmic Flame

stormfront13
no, it has been confirmed that emma can't use tp in diamond form. any indication of her doing so was a mistake on the artists part. it has clearly been stated many times that emma can't use telepathy in diamond form. and just going by pure will, storm can resist rachel. so if she actually used her own electromagnetic energies, and/or a lightning field, then it would take time for emma to do it. you seem to forget that a psi-blast doesn't happen instantley when you have a person as resistant as storm is. it only takes one second for a lightning stroke to take place, and that will take emma out of force her into diamond form in which she cannot access her telepathy

Cosmic Flame
It has been stated in the past. There has been nothing stated since she has used TP in diamond form that she can't. It certainly hasn't been stated in Astonishing since Whedon's been writing it. Like I said, perhaps she couldn't before because she wasn't used to her secondary mutation.

You miss my point. Going by pure will, Storm resisted Rachel with all she had, and Rachel still accessed her powers. Will had absolutely nothing to do with it. It's not a mind thing, it's a brain thing. TPs can affect the brain itself, not just the mind.

I forget nothing. Psi blasts do happen instantaneously. I have yet to see one that didn't. Emma has affected Storm immediately before. Just because it's difficult doesn't mean that it's impossible. Jean has gotten past both Magneto and Juggernaut's helmets, one made by science and the other by magic. That should not be possible, but she did it. Storm isn't that great a challenge. Sure, there's feedback and all, but let's be honest. If Emma wants Storm out, she's out. She can make her fall asleep, have an orgasm, crap herself, drown herself in her own Storm. That's if she doesn't decide to have Rogue run interference from her. Rogue can travel just as fast, if not faster, than Storm. Emma is a world class telepath, and one of the wealthiest women in the world. She's all about using her power to manipulate people and situations to suit her. This would be no different. It's very, very possible for her to come out on top.

stormfront13
Originally posted by Cosmic Flame
It has been stated in the past. There has been nothing stated since she has used TP in diamond form that she can't. It certainly hasn't been stated in Astonishing since Whedon's been writing it. Like I said, perhaps she couldn't before because she wasn't used to her secondary mutation.

it has been stated by whendon(i think it was him) that emma can't use telepathy in diamond form, and if she has then it has been a miostake on the artists part. I am more inclined to believe him over you.

yeah, it took all of rachel had to subdue storm as well. and in the end of the story, rachel was concentrating so hard she couldn't even move. psylock walked right up to her, and rachel looked at betsy, but couldn't move otherwise storm would have broken free. also, rachel even admitted that if storm had gotten a lightning field up that she would have never even gotten close to accessing her mind.

they may happen instantley to someone who has no willpower, and no training, and isn't naturally resistant to tp assualts, but not to people that have all of that. when has emma immediantley affected storm before? when emma first did it to storm, it took a few seconds, not instantley. and rogue can't travel faster than storm, she is too inexpierenced to. you fail to realize the fact that storm is naturally very resistant to tp assualt even w/out her willpower. once emma even tries to assualt storm, she summons a bolt which takes a second to hit emma. once hit, emma will either be taken out of the fight, or in diamond form.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.