who is the greatest sith lord ever

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tommy vercetti
this is just supposed to be used as a poll and not a thread so dont post any ideas unless asked.

tommy vercetti
If your option was none of the above post here who you think is

Darth_Glentract
dont post the same thing in two different places

tommy vercetti
i only did that because someone told me to post it here after i had already finished the other one

Lord Matreid
I don't really like Sidious but how can you have Vader up there and not him... confused

Darth_Glentract
still, for future reference, just leave it as it is

tommy vercetti
vader had way more potential than sidious and he was the chosen one, he had to be included

Lord-Nihilus
I chose none of the above, because untill the star wars galaxy is over, there will be more powerfull sith lords, but if i had to choose one of them, it would be Marka Ragnos...

b-dan
is ay vader c`mon if you falled his he chokes you with the force muahahahaha laughing

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by tommy vercetti
this is just supposed to be used as a poll and not a thread so dont post any ideas unless asked.

..."So don't post any ideas unless asked."

Hm, last time I checked your account didn't have 'admin' underneath it. Try and be a bit more tactful. Try this...

"Hey folks, let's try and keep this thread for the poll alone, okay?"

Sounds sappy, sure, but it's less offensive.

tommy vercetti
no i didnt mean to be offensive its just i have to use my on screen keyboard so i could only write stuff that i want to make clear otherwise i would have done something similar to what you just did

Darth_Janus
On screen keyboard? How's that work? Is it touch screen?

tommy vercetti
no you get a miniture keyboard on your desktop and you have to use your mouse to click on the key on the key board it takes ages

Darth_Janus
Wow, that sucks.

Illustrious
That does.

Darth Faunus
Why not just use a normal one?

Darth Sparhawk
Why Sidious isn't nominated. I refuse to vote.

tommy vercetti
my normal ones broken

Gryn Jabar
Aw crap it wont' let me delete. Anyway, Nihilus, easily.

joeyvermont
Marko Ragnos rules

Djnannadaddy
Revan.....much cooler than when was a Jedi.......

Darth Somebody
Ragnos and Sidious compete - in my eyes - for the title of Greater Sith. It is widely assumed (even by myself) that Ragnos was much more powerful. But to me, greatness isn't necessarily measured by power. If that were true, Hitler was greater than Ghandi. But anywho...

Ragnos: He had the longest lasting reign of any Sith I can recall. He ruled the mighty Sith Empire (small, but wealthy). And no other Sith Lord messed with him - out of fear. Goes to show how powerful this man is. So I wanna know how the hell he died...anyways.

Sidious: He obliterated the Republic, became the dominant Force in the galaxy, and created a galactic empire that was the greatest regime ever known. But the circumstances favored him (I'm not excusing what he did on circumstances, but it helped him out) and his reign lasted only two decades.

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by Darth Somebody
Ragnos and Sidious compete - in my eyes - for the title of Greater Sith. It is widely assumed (even by myself) that Ragnos was much more powerful. But to me, greatness isn't necessarily measured by power. If that were true, Hitler was greater than Ghandi. But anywho...

Ragnos: He had the longest lasting reign of any Sith I can recall. He ruled the mighty Sith Empire (small, but wealthy). And no other Sith Lord messed with him - out of fear. Goes to show how powerful this man is. So I wanna know how the hell he died...anyways.

Sidious: He obliterated the Republic, became the dominant Force in the galaxy, and created a galactic empire that was the greatest regime ever known. But the circumstances favored him (I'm not excusing what he did on circumstances, but it helped him out) and his reign lasted only two decades.

Ragnos died a natural death of old age.

And to say that Sidious "obliterated" the Republic is an extravagant and misleading choice of words, as is saying he became the dominate "Force" in the galaxy (since there were only two sith and two old jedi in hiding), and calling the galactic empire the "Greatest regime ever known" shows a significant bias and lack of knowledge on your part, since the Galactic Empire was pretty much corrupt and lacking a good infrastructure like the Republic before it, and for being such a "great regime" it was overturned within twenty some years by a bunch of backwater planet rebels and spies.

Just thought you were tooting Sidious' horn a BIT too much on that one. He did do some amazing stuff, no point in saying otherwise... But just don't layer it with half-truths and exaggerations.

ESB-1138
Darth Vader. He was the reason the Jedi were defeated during the Clone War, the Empire came to birth, and why the Sith ruled the galaxy once more.

Darth Nhilus
Who is the greatest sith lord ever. Well best at blade skills and combat is given to tulak hord already. But who is the greatest. It is all from a certain P.O.V. (Point of View) tommy. But I do say marko ragnos is the best either him or sidious. But sidious ain't here. Sidious was the smartest and most clever to plan everything. So I have to say marko ragnos because he is 2nd best.

Darth Somebody
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
Ragnos died a natural death of old age.

And to say that Sidious "obliterated" the Republic is an extravagant and misleading choice of words, as is saying he became the dominate "Force" in the galaxy (since there were only two sith and two old jedi in hiding), and calling the galactic empire the "Greatest regime ever known" shows a significant bias and lack of knowledge on your part, since the Galactic Empire was pretty much corrupt and lacking a good infrastructure like the Republic before it, and for being such a "great regime" it was overturned within twenty some years by a bunch of backwater planet rebels and spies.

Just thought you were tooting Sidious' horn a BIT too much on that one. He did do some amazing stuff, no point in saying otherwise... But just don't layer it with half-truths and exaggerations.

1. No. He did away with the Republic, Janus. He destroyed it. Obliterate is synonymous with destroy. M'kay?

2. He was the most powerful man in the galaxy. Several of the EU books state it - Shadows of the Empire, Mandalorian Armor - being two. It could mean in Force-powers or in sheer power and influence.

3. Star Wars.com labels it as the most powerful tyrannical regime. You're right. I said great. Great usually implies good and peace. The Empire was the most powerful regime.

And I'm glad you've finally said something POSITIVE about him for once.

Tangible God
1. No. He did away with the Republic, Janus. He destroyed it. Obliterate is synonymous with destroy. M'kay?

2. He was the most powerful man in the galaxy. Several of the EU books state it - Shadows of the Empire, Mandalorian Armor - being two. It could mean in Force-powers or in sheer power and influence.

3. Star Wars.com labels it as the most powerful tyrannical regime. You're right. I said great. Great usually implies good and peace. The Empire was the most powerful regime.

And I'm glad you've finally said something POSITIVE about him for once. You've got it down pat Mr. Mackey.

Illustrious
Originally posted by Darth Nhilus
Who is the greatest sith lord ever. Well best at blade skills and combat is given to tulak hord already. But who is the greatest. It is all from a certain P.O.V. (Point of View) tommy. But I do say marko ragnos is the best either him or sidious. But sidious ain't here. Sidious was the smartest and most clever to plan everything. So I have to say marko ragnos because he is 2nd best.

You my friend, are an idiot. If this post even had any semblance of intelligible logic, I'll accept it as an "opinion."

And I'm glad you've finally said something POSITIVE about him for once.

1.) He superceded the republic, he took over the reigns of it. But he certainly, sure as hell, didn't destroy it anymore than Hitler destroyed the country of Germany when he took control, the same infrastructure was there. And for many, life went on as normal.

The word "obliterate" implies raze to the ground, or absolute destruction, or an easy, crushing victory. None of those connotations would be anywhere near accurate, sorry.

2.) So? Most everyone on that list was the most powerful during their time. Ragnos certainly was the most powerful of his time. Sadow was the most powerful of his time with Kressh in close contention. Nadd was clearly the most powerful individual of his time; as is Kun; as is Revan; and arguably Pall and Hord (though we know almost nothing about them).

You could argue that Princess Leia was the most powerful of her time because she has the most political influence, that doesn't mean she'd beat anyone in a fight.

3.) Yeah, the Empire was the most powerful in a time when there were no threat. The Jedi had been declining for the past millenia before Sidious plotted to get rid of them, there was a rule of two in place, and he couldn't even keep ONE Sith lord in check, much less 20 (and each of their legions of underlings) like Ragnos or Sadow.

The fact of the matter is you have very little knowledge of anything outside of Sidious and the movie period, and you make every effort to argue off of ignorance.

Darth_Janus
Agreed.

Tangible God
Davy Crockett agreed.

And he's sipping brandy.

ESB-1138
3.) Yeah, the Empire was the most powerful in a time when there were no threat. The Jedi had been declining for the past millenia before Sidious plotted to get rid of them, there was a rule of two in place, and he couldn't even keep ONE Sith lord in check, much less 20 (and each of their legions of underlings) like Ragnos or Sadow.

The fact of the matter is you have very little knowledge of anything outside of Sidious and the movie period, and you make every effort to argue off of ignorance.

Most of the good Jedi Knights and Masters were killed in the first battle of the Clone War and the rest were hunted down mostly by Vader and killed.

Tangible God
Dude, did you type all that out again? Why didn't you quote?

ESB-1138
I copied it. You know, left click mouse, highlight what you want, right click and push copy, then come down here and paste.

Tangible God
Ah yes, but of course. The way of the Democrats.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.