Palpatine Forced Padme & Anakin to Fall in Love

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chinabing
I think Palpatine forced Anakin and Padme to fall in love so Palpatine could later have Anakin lose her and thus become his apprentice in the dark side.

Well, 'forced' is a strong word, but he got the Jedi Council to have Obi-Wan and Anakin be her bodyguards.

It was all a set up. Palpatine is the puppet master!

Darth_Janus
Forced makes it sound like they didn't like one another.

Sure, Palpatine probably had something behind them being sent together...

But if he forced them to go out, I'm a Jewish Jawa in a Nazi Tuskan Raider camp.

Sesse
Palpatine did the old dog-breeding trick.

Put 2 dogs in a same pit, and should their genders differ, you are to receive some puppies. Handy, eh?

After all, he insisted to have "an old friend like ana... eeh, master Kenobi" to watch her over.

chinabing
Palpatine knew Anakin had strong feelings for Padme, he must have known. So he figures, how can I lure Anakin to the dark side?

He asks the Jedi for them to be together. Yoda gives him a furrowed brow when he suggests it, but for that suggestion to come out of the blue is a little strange for the chancellor, meddling in Jedi business and all. Yoda should have said "Our own council we will keep."

When you think about it, it's a thing of beauty. Palpatine knows of Anakin's strong feelings for Padme. So he puts them together so in the future he can tear them apart and make Anakin his own.

I'm not saying Palpatine ordered the Sandpeople to abduct Missus Skywalker or anything. (But hey anything's possible!)

Gryn Jabar
He did actually, or rather, Dook I believe, acting on Sidious's orders. It was a scene cut from ROTS.

InsaneNoodlyGuy
Why the hell would Sandpeople listen to anybody?

bilb
no the sandpeople had nothing to do with Sids FFS... Sids simply took a tragic situation and exploited it to his advantage at Anakins expense.. same with the love story.. he didnt MAKE them fall in love but used it for his own advantage...

Gryn Jabar
Originally posted by bilb
no the sandpeople had nothing to do with Sids FFS
How do you know?

bilb
the jawas told me shifty

koolruningz
laughing Nice.

SithHappens
Ofcourse he set them up, I didn't know this was debatable. Why do you think he did anything he did, 1)to cause the war, and 2)to prevent "the choosen one" from fulfilling his destiny by killing, or wait better yet making him his new apprentice. That's where he went wrong, he thought he had succeed but he did fail. He did to really like own the jedi using the one who was to destroy the Sith to destroy the Jedi. Ofcourse, as we all know, he failed and was bench pressed into a reactor.

JenR1215
i dont think he had anything to do with it, b/c in Ep1 before Palp ever met Ani they aready had a lil thing going for each other.. innocent but sumthing.

okay, im a little half-in-half, b/c not that i think of it Palp did encourage Padme to be protected by Obi-wan and Anakin...

i da-no i think he did.. but then didnt.

roughrider
He knew there was something between them, knew the Jedi code about attachment, and knew he wanted to drive Anakin to the Dark Side. Oh, so patient with the puppet strings, this Palpatine is so evil, but so good...!

JenR1215
i'll drink to that. CHE-ARES! cheers

chinabing
Originally posted by SithHappens
Of course, as we all know, he failed and was bench pressed into a reactor.
I think the actual wrestling move was called a Helicopter Slam. Hulk Hogan stole that move from Darth Vader

Sorgo
Originally posted by chinabing
I think Palpatine forced Anakin and Padme to fall in love so Palpatine could later have Anakin lose her and thus become his apprentice in the dark side.

Well, 'forced' is a strong word, but he got the Jedi Council to have Obi-Wan and Anakin be her bodyguards.

It was all a set up. Palpatine is the puppet master!

Oh my lord.... Sidious didn't set EVERYTHING IN THE PT UP! DAMN!

Sidious isn't a god and he didn't set everything up, okay?

Wait a minute... SIDIOUS MADE IT SO MACE WINDU WAS BORN BLACK TO STAR THE WAR! zOMG!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.