Best Tim Burton film?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Misc_Rose
Hey Everyone!
What do you think is Burton's finest work?
My favourite of his films would be Edward Scissorhands or Ed Wood.
I thought the Ed Wood casting was brilliant, and the script was excellent,some of the best lines I've heard in film. Landau deserved the oscar.
I really enjoyed Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, the sets were incredible, spesh the Chocolate Room and the Bucket house.
Lookin forward to Corpse Bride, if its anything like Nightmare then it will be awesome.

If you've read 'The Melancholy death of Oyster and other stories' what do you think? I loved it. 'Burton on Burton' is also very inciteful, a must for Burton fans,only goes up to Sleepy Hollow though.

Love Misc Rose xxxx

GCG
Nighmare before Christmas is really special.

Trivia: Its the Very first film in History to have been entirely shot in stop-motion.

Britannia
I think Tim Burton's best film is Batman, because it's the only one I've seen.

Cinemaddiction
"Ed Wood".

BackFire
Beetlejuice and the original Batman.

Misc_Rose
Yeah the original Batman was great. I don't think any Batman film that has been released since has quite matched it. The Joker was fantastic, the look and the performance was great.
I like how Burton approaches a film, how he must feel drawn to it to be able to create it. Big Fish aswell was a good film, the script was brilliant. The atmospheres he creates always blows me away.

SnakeEyes
My favorite is probably Big Fish.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by BackFire
Beetlejuice and the original Batman.

Ahhh, Beetlejuice! That is a perfect movie! Burton has done NOTHING better.

"Day-o, day-ay-ay-o...Daylight come and he wanna go home!"

StinkFist462
Pee-Wee's Big Adventure
Beetle Juice

now for worst:

Charlie & The Chocolate Factory
Planet of the Apes <-- i think we can all agree that movie sucks.

travesty87
I think Sleepy Hollow is underrated.

ladygrim
i like all of burtins films

bakerboy
I would say edward sissorhands or ed wood, but sleepy hollow or bettlejuice are very close.

MildPossession
Ed Wood, Edward Scissorhands, Nightmare Before Christmas, Batman Returns and Beetlejuice. I also loved Sleepy Hollow but it's not one of his greatest films.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is one of my favourites too but like SH it's not up there with his best, I also enjoyed Mars Attacks and will probably fall in love with Corpse Bride.

Mandorallen
Burton=one of my favorite directors.

The way he does things are so unique.
I just can't get enough of it.

Imperial_Samura
It would probably be out of Sleepy Hollow, Nightmare before Christmas or Edward Scissorhands for me. The Corpse Bride is also looking very promising.

fini
has got to be Batman.

Misc_Rose
Yeah Sleepy Hollow is a brilliant one, amazing look and atmosphere. Ichabard Crane was quite a character too. My favourite scene from this film would probably be when Ichabard first meets the towns people and they are discussing the headless horseman, some fantastic lines in this scene. Burton's sketches for this film were great.

My favourite of his artwork would be Edward Scissorhands, especially 'normal' Edward to surbanised Edward. ES would also be my favourite score, particularly when Kim is dancing in the ice, beautiful theme.

SlipknoT
Pee-Wee's Big Adventure
Beetle Juice
Nightmare Before Christmas

Sl33pingHollow
I love Sleepy Hollow,I actually have it on VHS....

DarkC
A Nightmare Before Christmas, I've seen it so many times.

~ J ~
Sleepy Hollow

.Dance_Inside.
Edward Scissorhands - Favourite
Sleepy Hollow and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Flying High
nightmare before christmas big grin

Cinemaddiction
You guys realize that Burton only wrote NMBC, correct? He didn't direct it, he co-produced it with like 5 other people, and wasn't responsible for any of the stop motion that actually made it what it is today?

I don't nominate it because he's had full creative control over many of his other films.

Flying High
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
You guys realize that Burton only wrote NMBC, correct? He didn't direct it, he co-produced it with like 5 other people, and wasn't responsible for any of the stop motion that actually made it what it is today?

I don't nominate it because he's had full creative control over many of his other films.
yeah...but did you see his original pictures for what the characters were supposed to look like...?

Cinemaddiction
Well, it's his work, but I just don't want to suggest a movie as a Director's best film when all he did was write it. Seems kind of odd.

Mandorallen
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Well, it's his work, but I just don't want to suggest a movie as a Director's best film when all he did was write it. Seems kind of odd.

true true true.

thats why im gonna say, batman and batman returns. wink

shaber
Of those I've seen, possibly Batman Returns.

MildPossession
Of course, but to me it is basically a Tim Burton film even if he didn't direct it.

Flying High
he still wrote the storyline and the characters...

Misc_Rose
True True, definitely still Burton's work, and what great work it is,lol.

jaden101
big fish

obiwills
Big Fish
Mars Attacks
Sleepy Hollow
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
and Nightmare Before Christmas if it's allowed. lol

Acherontia
Batman

b-dan
this is pritty obvious nightmare before christmas

bilb
Am I the only Ed Wood fan? I looove that flick!

TX!
i would also say nightmare before christmas aswell loved that movie

MetallicaT
sleepy hollow was great

christina ricci droolio

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Misc_Rose
Yeah the original Batman was great. I don't think any Batman film that has been released since has quite matched it. The Joker was fantastic, the look and the performance was great.
I like how Burton approaches a film, how he must feel drawn to it to be able to create it. Big Fish aswell was a good film, the script was brilliant. The atmospheres he creates always blows me away.

Batman Begins Blows away the Burton and Schumacher Batman movies easily,as far as Burtons best movie? I also would have to say Nightmare Before Christmas followed closely by Edward Scissorhands.

Darth Nauj
1) a nigthmare before christmas
2) Edward Scissorhands
3) big fish
4) batman returns (michael keaton)
5) sleepy hollow

Misc_Rose
Originally posted by bilb

Oh no, you're not the only fan, I love that film, one of my favourite Burton films- the script is just... hilarious.

'Eddie, what kind of movie is this?'
CLASSIC!

Mr Parker
Originally posted by bilb

No you are not.Thats another good Flick of Burtons as well.

evildeaddesigns
My favourite has to be..........
Big Fish then Nightmare before christmas

SleaterKinney32
I just saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory recently, I loved it. But I'm going to have to say Edward Scissorhands.

Adrianne_Wolf
My absolute favourite was The Nightmare before Christmas, but I think The Corpse Bride will be his next big one :3

Mr Parker
I never heard of that film,when is it coming out?

Misc_Rose
Corpse Bride release in the US is 23rd September

KillTheLight
I think all his movies (apart from planet of the apes) are great even his short animated ones especially Vincent ..in_love..

Morning_Glory
I loved Vincent too smile

Aini
It has to be: Nightmare Before Christmas
and then
Edward Scissorhands
Big Fish
Sleepy Hollow
...has anyone heard about "The Corpse Bride" yet?...I'm looking forward to that movie. it's gonna be kinda like nightmare before christmas.

MildPossession
Yes, we have mentioned Corpse Bride in here...

WindDancer
Batman and Pee Wee's Big Adventure.

Blue_Butterfly
Edward Scissorhands, Batman Returns, Sleepy Hollow, Beetlejuice and Nightmare Before Christmas are my faves. I'm really looking forward to seeing Corpse Bride big grin

Susan-Storm
NightMare Before Christmas What a classic

Nevermind
No one really mentioned Mars Attacks am I the only one who thinks that was a good movie? (I'm not saying it's his best I just don't see why it hasn't got much recognition).

Blue_Butterfly
Originally posted by Nevermind
No one really mentioned Mars Attacks am I the only one who thinks that was a good movie? (I'm not saying it's his best I just don't see why it hasn't got much recognition).

I LOVED Mars Attacks! I cant beleive I didnt think of that one! Thanks for mentioning it!! Happy Dance

EsteemedLeader
Batman #1
Beetlejuice #2

Nevermind
Originally posted by Blue_Butterfly
I LOVED Mars Attacks! I cant beleive I didnt think of that one! Thanks for mentioning it!! Happy Dance

wink

Solo
Ed Wood, no doubt.

And Nevermind, the quote is, "This CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema. Movies are far too ****ing expensive at the moment and it's killing the ****ing art form. The way it's going, in ten year's time it will officially be killed".

Nevermind
Originally posted by Solo
And Nevermind, the quote is, "This CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema. Movies are far too ****ing expensive at the moment and it's killing the ****ing art form. The way it's going, in ten year's time it will officially be killed".

Thank you. When I had searched for Tarantino quotes this came up, so I'll change it thanks. BTW do you know when he actually said this?

danagrint
beetlejuice

bahhh_yeti
Beetlejuice all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (followed by Batman!) Michael keaton's the man!!!!! the best of the batmans as well!!!!!!! i mean come on george clooney?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scarecrow756
Batman and Batman Returns.

Renegade-agent
Batman or the night before christmas,tim burton is by far my favourite director.

dizzyblondegirl
batman returns
and nightmare before xmas

natigirl
I'm gonna go with a classic: Edward Scissor Hands smile

Da preacher
Big fish 'n Batman.

§P0oONY
Nighmare before Christmas... Watch it every christmas eve without fail.

hershuvsk
Nighmare before Christmas, well i really likre all his movies!

*Georgina_A*
Edward Scissorhands and Nightmare Before Christmas

General G
My sister LOVES Tim Burton films. She has seen The Nightmare Before Christmas so many times, she watches it every Monday night! She loved Edward Scissorhands and the "old school" Vincent-his directorial debut! She also fell in love with Charlie and the Chocolate Factory because it is awesome and is better than the original. And of course, Corpse Bride, she has a thing for the stop motion animation. big grin big grin

I appologise, this does not represent my opinions, this is my sisters post, she wanted me to put it and she doesn't have an account, so I decided I would.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by GCG
Nighmare before Christmas is really special.

Trivia: Its the Very first film in History to have been entirely shot in stop-motion.

I agree.Nightmare before christmas is his best film.

SnakeEyes
Tim Burton's Batman films sucked! *runs out of thread*

Mr Parker
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Tim Burton's Batman films sucked! *runs out of thread*

Well said Snake Eyes. thumb up

He should be shot for the way he raped to death Batmans character and ruined the image of the caped crusader. mad Thank god Nolan came along and did his character justice and redeemed that travesty of Burtons.

"runs out and follows you." big grin

crickey77
Loved Big Fish!

T.M
Batman or Edward Scissorhands

cramunit
It looks like I'm in agreement with Misc Rose. Edward Scissorhands and Ed Wood are my two favorite Burton films. There's more that just the "Ed" connection between the two movies; Ed Wood's relationship with Bela Lugosi was similar to the one between Tim Burton himself and Vincent Price. Maybe that's why these two movies seem to me to be his most deeply personal works.

Lord Sauron
My favorite Burton films are 'Batman' and 'The Nightmare Before Christmas'. I love those movies. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.