Zulu!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Britannia
Well I just love Zulu, do you? It represents perfectly, the battle at rorke's drift. Michael Caine just puts the icing on the cake.

eek!

big gay kirk
Why us sarge??

because we're 'ere, lad... nobody else....

Britannia
What a line! "Do your tunic up man! Who do you think you are?"

big gay kirk
Sentries in from the hills, sir.... Zulus approaching.... thousands of 'em..."

big gay kirk
Interestingly enough, I once delivered a rug and coffee table to the grandaughter of John Merriot Chard.... we had a bit of a chat.... apparently, henry Hook was accounted one of the finest shots in the British Army..... and was not the malingerer of the film.... Bromhead had no hesitation in handing over command to Chard, who was a far more experienced soldier.... and one of the men awarded the VC was later shot for cowardice (actually it was shell shock) in the First World War, and his VC rescinded.... even now there is a campaign to get him reinstated as a war hero....

Britannia
Yes, i;ve heard about hook, it was on the documentary with the DVD. Quite interesting how facts get twisted in order to make a film. Wow! I am envious of you meeting the grandaughter of John Merriot Chard! What was she like?

Britannia
I've*

BoyScoutKevin
A great film with some great action scenes. I am also fond of the lesser known prequel, "Zulu Dawn."

@F1
Any wounded Zulu's were beaten to death, to save bullets.
At the end of the movie, the Zulu's singing, is to show there respect for the British, and then leave. Actually they just left, as they were exausted from a previous battle and a very long march.
I still loved the movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.