Almost added to ROTS: Han Solo at 10 years old

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kalsemo
I just picked up a copy of book The Making of Revenge of the Sith, and it had some pretty interesting tidbits in it, such as Lucas originally thinking about putting Han Solo in the film at 10 years old for a scene in which he interacts with Yoda. That would have been cool...

Other interesting notes:

It was considered that Anakin would have a Mohawk;
It was considered that Anakin would walk off Mustafar;
Yoda landing on Dagobah was in the original plan;
Dooku was going to reveal he ordered Anakins mother to be tortured;
Palpatine was going to be the one responsible for manipulating Anakin's midichlorian count, thus he was "the father".

Ast Rofan
What do you mean "walk off Mustufar"?

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by kalsemo
Lucas originally thinking about putting Han Solo in the film at 10 years old for a scene in which he interacts with Yoda. That would have been cool... No... that would have been really uncool, actually stick out tongue

Palpatine was going to be the one responsible for manipulating Anakin's midichlorian count, thus he was "the father". That idea is still in the film... at least in my mind, it is.

Ast Rofan
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do

That idea is still in the film... at least in my mind, it is.

Lets not start the subject of "what is inside Dodo's mind"......no

stick out tongue

kalsemo
Originally posted by Ast Rofan
What do you mean "walk off Mustufar"?

Clarification: not walk off Mustafar, but walk away when the duel was over.. in other words, he wouldn't have lost his legs.

kalsemo
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
No... that would have been really uncool, actually stick out tongue

Now why would that have been uncool??

Ast Rofan
Now why would that have been uncool??

Everyone hated a 9 year old Anakin, they would hate a 10 year old Han. stick out tongue

kalsemo
Everyone hated a 9 year old Anakin, they would hate a 10 year old Han. stick out tongue

Oh I see... but it was only going to be for a scene or two, with Yoda.

.:Space Opera:.
it wouldve have been such a stretch to include han, lucas was smart not to do so. there are already so many links in that movie it would have smuthered the audience to put that in.

Ast Rofan
Oh I see... but it was only going to be for a scene or two, with Yoda.

That makes it sound bad, putting him with a character he has no business with, same goes for Chewie.

DeVi| D0do
Lets not start the subject of "what is inside Dodo's mind"......no

Why's that? Because what's going on in my mind is too complex for anyone here to understand? stick out tongue

Yeah, including Han would have just been too much... Chewie was bad enough, but having Han would make the universe seem the size of a marble. There is absolutely no reason to show Han's background... in fact, his mysteriousness is part of the attraction to the character, at least for me.

kalsemo
The opening sequence was going to show 7 different battles on 7 planets;
There was going to be a crystal planet;
Obi Wan was going to know sooner about Padme and Anakin, and Obi and Padme were going to have more intimate conversations about the marraige and Anakin's sudden mood changes....

DeVi| D0do
Yeah, the original opening montage would have been cool, and more like the Clone Wars we'd all been waiting for... but the OSB is great.

Also, Palpatine was going to put in Anakin's mind the idea of an affair between Padme and Obi-Wan... which I suspect is why Anakin gets so pissed off when he sees Obi-Wan on Mustafar and says "You're with him!".

Ast Rofan
I like the idea of Obi knowing about them, Padme even says that Obi-Wan stopped by.

Stunrun
I just picked up a copy of book The Making of Revenge of the Sith, and it had some pretty interesting tidbits in it, such as Lucas originally thinking about putting Han Solo in the film at 10 years old for a scene in which he interacts with Yoda. That would have been cool...

why do you think Han Solo still remains one of Cinema's greatest ever characters? because he wasnt tampered with, i mean as much as i love Chewie, it was kinda pointless having him in ROTS

Jedi Priestess
The opening sequence was going to show 7 different battles on 7 planets;
There was going to be a crystal planet;
Obi Wan was going to know sooner about Padme and Anakin, and Obi and Padme were going to have more intimate conversations about the marraige and Anakin's sudden mood changes....

out of curiosity, what makes you think we didnt already talk about all of this when the book actually came out?

you kiddies missed the salad days of KMC's EP3 section.

"but having Han would make the universe seem the size of a marble."

thats a very great way of putting it.

"Also, Palpatine was going to put in Anakin's mind the idea of an affair between Padme and Obi-Wan... which I suspect is why Anakin gets so pissed off when he sees Obi-Wan on Mustafar and says "You're with him!"."

that would have made alot more sense! anikans slide to the darkside was always so vague, that would have tied the whole thind together completely. and that would have put alot more emphasis on why he wanted to kill obi wan so bad because, lets face it, we all wanna kill the person who takes the one we love away.

JKozzy
Oh I see... but it was only going to be for a scene or two, with Yoda. Who cares? That's really stretching it to make connections to the OT.. sometimes I would rather some things were left out of the PT so they were more their own movie and less dependant on the OT. Too many coincidences I think.

shoe-freak
that would be so stupid to see an actor portray a 10 year old harrison ford, noduh george did not flim that, besides everyone hated 9 year old anakin

i didnt just hate him, i wanted to rip his balls off.

JKozzy
I didn't really want to touch his balls... confused

shoe-freak
stupid kid, i hated him in other movies also, he ruined Jingle All The Way, imagine that kid who played " Ani " be a ten year old han,

he should have been thirteen.

shoe-freak
it seems strange to me that a nine year old boy marries a 16 year old girl in 10 years. she's much older than him

amity75
Inserting Han would have been a very bad idea. Remember that he thought the force was a "Hokey religion", he wouldn't have thought that if he'd spent some time with Yoda!

Ast Rofan
Originally posted by shoe-freak
it seems strange to me that a nine year old boy marries a 16 year old girl in 10 years. she's much older than him

Storywise she was only 4 or 5 years older.

DarthLazious
I wouldn't have liked the idea of seening a 10 year old Han in ROTS but having Sidious tell Anakin he created him and Dooku telling Anakin he ordered an attack on his mother would have been awsome to have in the flim.

shoe-freak
yes,let's hope han at 10 years old does not go on the DVD.

shoe-freak
or we can laugh at it anyway

DeVi| D0do
It wont be on the DVD, it wasn't even shot.

dAngEr_Is_gO!
In the script of Episode III I read there was an early scene where Obi-Wan stopped by to talk to Padme about Anakin. This leads to Anakin to question "Obi-Wan's been here, hasn't he?" I kinda left no doubt in my mind that Anakin suspected that Padme was having an affair with Obi-Wan and when he saw him appear at the top of the ramp of Padme's ship that was the clincher in his conspiracy theory.

Stunrun
/\ /\ wrong thread methinks /\ /\

El_NINO
LMAO..... Jake Llyod ruined "Jingle All The Way"

Stunrun
Originally posted by El_NINO
LMAO..... Jake Llyod ruined "Jingle All The Way"

well what can you expect from a kid his age?

i still say Haley Joel Osmond should of played TPM Anakin, altho, he doesnt really look quite right for the role - but still.....he could of turned that movie aroundyes

jainasolo55
i know alot of ppl hate jar jar but to me he wasnt that bad compared to little ani, i think jake loyld ruined TMP more then jar jar did

jake lloyd is really fat now, did you know that?

kalsemo
Originally posted by .messedpace Opera:.
jake lloyd is really fat now, did you know that?

I googled for some pictures and he doesn't look that fat.

macgeek2005
Wait a minute, am I missing something here? Is Dooku responsible for the death of anakin's mom? I never knew that.

Jedi Priestess
uh no, he wasnt.........

Superfly4000
there are so many things that lucas could have done. i really dont understand why he had the ten year old ani. The whole TPM plot was irrelivent to the overall story and doesnt even link well into episode II. And then lucas creates this mysteriouse character named Sifo Dyas in episode II, who is never revealed in episode III.

jedi-kev
Well considering that Christian Slater should play Han Solo would be laughable. Lucas has ruined these films,

Jedi Priestess, that user has a point

Kaiburr
Superfly4000, In my opinion, Sifo Dyas kinda makes me think of Sidious...

chinabing
I like this thread. It is interesting to talk about. I don' t care whether they were discussed when the book came out because I remained spoiler free for the movie, I wasn't about to come to some boards and look at photos and read what ifs till kingdom come. The trailer spoiled a lot of the movie as well.

Seeing Han Solo would have been good. Heck we saw Luke & Leia & Chewie, why not? Dooku's attack on Mrs. Skywalker is an interesting take.

Darth_Janus
Meh, I'm glad GL decided to be less of a parody expert when it came to ROTS in -some- respects. Han would have been out of place. I think Chewbacca was stupid. I think Jango and Boba Fett was an appeal to a fanbase, not some grand plan. If anything, the PT looks more slapped together than the latest episode of Junkyard Wars at times. But I still would have thought that the Obi-Wan/Padme thing woulda been cool.

"You're with him!"

"Damn straight, Anakin. You missed out when you killed younglings. No sex for you, "sith lord"!"

Kaiburr
Won't let me edit my post beyond 15 mins after posting. sad Anyway, more of my thoughts on the Sifo Dyas-->Sidouus thing: Sidious ordered the clones for the Republic so they could get rid of that pesky Trade Feneration that kept p***ing him off, then he gave the order for them to kill the Jedi. BTW, Case closed...

Superfly4000
I think GL is holding something back. MAybe for the T.V. series which bridges episodes 3 and 4.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.