2 things I want to talk about

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
1. If everything was spoken in "truth", and that the Midi's were influenced to create anikan, and palps really ment it when he said he didn't know how to do it, then technically shouldn't darth plagues be anikan's pops.

2. During the whole yoda qui gon thing. Would it suffice better if they just showed a shot of quigon disapearing out the window, just after yoda opens his eyes. It doesn't explain much, but at least it would probably make a little more sense. Basically having there conversation be implied.

Jedi Priestess
1. Anakin has no father. PERIOD Palpatine was lying

2. It's in the novel.

smile

Captain REX
1. What she said.

2. What she said.

Ast Rofan
I am Anakin's father, I am very talented with the force, it is kinda like making baloon animals. stick out tongue

Captain REX
Very deadly balloon animals. crazy

Sith Master X
A novel just isn't the same as the movie to me. sad

Jedi Priestess
No, in this case it's a HELL of alot better! smile

bilb
oh hush you stick out tongue

but still novel or no, ani has NO father......... period..

Morridini
Originally posted by bilb
but still novel or no, ani has NO father......... period..

That's still a matter of opinion. As GL himself has said.

Captain REX
Though, he also said Anakin had no father. But that's just me.

obiwills
Even if Darth Plagues did influence the midichlorians to create Anikin, he's still not technically his father as genetically he wouldn't be related.

Captain REX
Yup.

bilb
pretty much yep.. the force created anakin not any one in specific (except schmi stick out tongue)

Captain REX
Yes, except Shmi, which is the name of a pirate in Peter Pan. wink

bilb
Originally posted by Captain REX
Yes, except Shmi, which is the name of a pirate in Peter Pan. wink

laughing laughing laughing laughing

aaaaahahahahahahhhahahahaahahahaa!!

Captain REX
big grin

Stunrun
George has been saying it all along.....

Anakin was conceived with NO father > like the story of Jesusyes another thing that is interesting is that Pernilla August did play Mary once, so thats how she got the part

chinabing
Absolutely it would have been better to see Qui-Gon in the movie. It would have been wonderful. But then, next time Lucas changed Return of the Jedi, he'd have to add Qui-Gon, and then Luke would have to say, "Who's that ghost?"

Captain REX
That would actually bum me out. It'd be cool if Qui-Gon appeared somehow, but nobody would really look at him, he'd just kinda stand there. And they should at least make Hayden look older.

Stunrun
i kept on having visions of Mace Windu appearing in the Celebration sceneconfused he leaned on a nearby branch smiling towards Yoda, and vise versa, and i was like.........wtf?! i didnt want George to do this btw, but it kept on popping up in my headlaughing out loud

DeVi| D0do
I believe in the possibility of Plaguies being Anakin's father... but it's left ambiguous on purpose. It really doesn't matter.

Stunrun
Alot of questions were answered, and alot more were gonna be raised i guess

~ J ~
To me, a lot of the visual appeal of the original series was that everything was gritty and "dirty", giving the sense that people really did live in this universe and made it seem very...real. The past few movies have just been too clean and slick and lacked the same feel to it.

I do think that people are too harsh on the prequels in general. They aren't really bad movies by themselves, they just suck compared to the original trilogy.

I agree that the script for the first movie was pretty terrible. I like how they turned the whole Force mythos into Parasite Eve by saying microorganisms let Jedi use the Force. I've seen people say that the midichlorian crap was just some crazy theory Qui-Gon had that no one else really believed, which would be ok if they actually said something like that in the films.

I think the first movie would have benefitted a lot if they played up the whole Qui-Gon being deluded with his non-traditional theories on the Force thing, which is why he believes Anakin to be some sort of saviour rather than the antichrist. It would have made his character more tragic and interesting. That and not have the retarded Gungans or 15 minute long pod-racing scenes.

I guess the new movies just don't do the whole mythology justice. It's pretty telling when I'm looking forward more to the sequel to the Knights of the Old Republic video game much more than the new movie.

But I also agree that so many fans have become so jaded of the films, or have hopped onto the hate bandwagon to be cool that there's no way anything Lucas does won't get complained about anymore

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
No, in this case it's a HELL of alot better! smile

typical english teacher smile

Jedi Priestess
Oh not necessarily OB1, I sometimes prefer the movie to the book, unfortunately not in this instance. smile

jainasolo55
Originally posted by mASTer Rofan
I am Anakin's father, I am very talented with the force, it is kinda like making baloon animals. stick out tongue

hahahahaha lmfso laughing good one rofan

Darth Plagueis
Originally posted by mASTer Rofan
I am Anakin's father, I am very talented with the force, it is kinda like making baloon animals. stick out tongue Ah.....I sense a paternity test in the making....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.