The First Annual Intergalactic Space Race

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

demigawd
Demigawd here. I'm on break from my hectic summer touring schedule, so I can finally spend a few minutes posting on the board.

So there's a tournament sponsored by TOAA. The goal is to get from one side of the galaxy to the other faster than anybody else.

Assuming all combatants can race through space and breathe with no problems whatsoever, who gets from one end of the galaxy to the other first, second, third? How does the winner win? They may use their powers offensively or defensively to attack each other or defend against attacks- anything goes as long as they get to the finish line first

Runner
Zoom
Makkari
Lila Cheney
Lacuna of X-Statix (freezes time)
Dr. Strange
Superman Prime
Flash
Odin
Dr. Doom (he gets two weeks prep)
Silver Surfer
Gladiator
Galactus

hoorayforpeepee
runner is the fastest, and he has the power to go head to head with all of these fools 'cept galactus.

but odin and strange can teleport.

Mainstream
Lila Cheney can teleport intergalactic distances if I'm not mistaken.

demigawd
Exactly. So we're looking at extremely fast movers vs. teleporters vs. time freezers. Who gets from point A to point B first?

K Von Doom
Dr Doom uses his time machine to travel the finish line 0.1 sec before the race starts. Heh.

But the combatants are difficult to compare... on a footrace, Runner comes first then Makkari. Galactus gets to the end because he'd just kill everyone in the race who's not fast enough to evade. Strange will take too long to summon a teleportation spell. Prime, Zoom, Surfer, Flash and Gladiator will get to the end, but not first or second.

armandovalles
Gladiator wins. He can fly at 100x Light Speed. People think SS can too, but SS can only go Warp Speed, which is about equal to 10x Light Speed.

kgkg
Originally posted by armandovalles
Gladiator wins. He can fly at 100x Light Speed. People think SS can too, but SS can only go Warp Speed, which is about equal to 10x Light Speed.
False Silver doesn't have a speed limit that we know.

It could be well beyond 100 light speeds.

And who where said time travel by doom, SS doesn't tech he can do that without

My vote Runner

demigawd
I imagine that by the time Doom activates his time machine, the race will be over, lol.

What about Odin? Lila?

kgkg
Originally posted by demigawd
I imagine that by the time Doom activates his time machine, the race will be over, lol.

What about Odin? Lila?

Ya they have a shoot but I go for Runner.

He is not called the runner for nothing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.