Howcome sometimes,time seems to go slow....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kmcdude
and other times fast.When it is all the same time?
confused

Storm
Different people may judge identical lengths of time quite differently. Time can fly, a long period of time can seem to go by very quickly. Likewise, time can seem to drag, as in when one performs a boring task.

The judged speed of time depends on a number of factors. If a person has a very long list of tasks to accomplish on a certain day, the day may feel like it has not enough hours to do everything. Likewise, even a short wait at a bus stop while running late can feel endless. A day filled with fun activities can feel very long due to the number of activities that fill it. A long trip can go by quickly if the traveller' s mind is occupied.

Time appears to go fast when sleeping, or, to put it differently, time seems not to have passed while asleep. Time also appears to pass more quickly as one gets older. For example, a day for a child seems to last longer than a day for an adult. One convincing reason for this is simple. With increasing age, each segment of time is an increasingly smaller percentage of the person' s total experience.

debbiejo
When your mind is somewhere else it goes much faster......Just as in sleeping, your mind is also somewhere else.

Cloud Dancer
You've heard "A watched pot never boils?" It's just your perception of your observable environment.

Shakyamunison
If you are just sitting and doing something boring, your brain is not getting enough activity to make it happy, we then keep track of time very closely and it seems to go slow. If we are having fun, our brain is filled with activity and we don't keep track of time as much, so time seems to go really fast. Our perception of time is based upon the number of times we check on time. If we do it a lot, it goes slow, if we don't check it, it goes fast. Experiments have been done on people who have been in a cave with no clue of time. and they loose all sense of time. We check for time in more ways than just looking at a clock, we see the light outside, we know the rhythm of the day, we hear the animals outside or other people.

debbiejo
Day dreaming makes days fly by.......so that's why time passes so fast for me.

Shakyamunison
She's right, you know...

debbiejo
laughing out loud

Your even over here????

Atlantis001
Originally posted by kmcdude
confused

Its not all the same time, Einstein said that time is not absolute, lightspeed was. First Postulate of Special Relativity(I think).

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Atlantis001
Its not all the same time, Einstein said that time is not absolute, lightspeed was. First Postulate of Special Relativity(I think).

But Einstein was talking about what happens when you a traveling near the speed of light.

kmcdude
ANYONe got tip's to make time go faster?(like when I am at work)

debbiejo
Yeah....get a job you like.

Atlantis001

Acherontia
I swear to god, early in the morning, when i want to say in bed, i can ellongate time, and each minute is like 5, but as soon as I quite concentration, each minute is like.... 10 seconds.

Atlantis001
I would need a good dosage of LSD to have a perception like that, one minute like 10 seconds. But yes... for me times go faster to in the morning.

debbiejo
I think time goes faster when your not aware of time.

Shakyamunison
I think when you get older time speeds up. When I was a kid summers used to last forever, now it seemed that they are over soon after they begin.

peterKSL
Originally posted by debbiejo
I think time goes faster when your not aware of time.

Short and straight to the point.. big grin

finti
time is always at the same speed

peterKSL
I think she meant "seems to go faster"..

finti
makes no difference to time

debbiejo
Only linear time that is.

Raven Guardia
Originally posted by kmcdude
confused

Simple answer: Its all in how one perceives things.

Legend Of Chibi
It's all if we pay attantion to time, like if we don't pay attention to what we smell we might not smell everything, if we don't pay attention to time you won't notice how much it's changed until you pay attention.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.