thanos v gog

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
gog

leonidas
vs thanos

leonidas
since so many think thanos can easily kill superman, how would he do against a guy who made a living killing supermen? no gadgets for thanos. just his own power. gog has the staff he always has.

discuss.

kgkg
Originally posted by leonidas
since so many think thanos can easily kill superman, how would he do against a guy who made a living killing supermen? no gadgets for thanos. just his own power. gog has the staff he always has.

discuss.
Does he have the reality gem? It’s his

Avalonofthewind
Great Forum Leo. From what I've read about GOG. He's uber powerful. Unfortunately I dont know about his durability. Any examples?

leonidas
not much to go on i'm afraid. some theories about him being the last of the old gods from apokalips, perhaps. he was supposedly given power by the quintessence - dc's semi-ruling body. i'[m curious to hear what - if anything - people think of gog. he travels effortlessly through hyperspace, has killed hundreds of supermen, has at least superman level strength and enormously powerful blasts. his powers are at least in part magical. if anyone has more info, i'd love to hear it.

kgkg
Gog isn't as bad as some people think

leonidas
i'm not completely sure HOW bad he is. i was hoping something a little more recent (the last year or so) would have come out to shed some light on his power.

and no gem for thanos. when did he come into that little thing?

kgkg
i'm not completely sure HOW bad he is. i was hoping something a little more recent (the last year or so) would have come out to shed some light on his power.

and no gem for thanos. when did he come into that little thing?
He beat the shit out of super boy, but Superman was holding his own in recent ( very recent).

golem370
Are you talking about this guy?

leonidas
did you see the first scan?

Avalonofthewind
I know that weapon of his is pretty bad ass.

long pig
http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/637/ainfinitygauntlet1076no.th.jpg

A lot of people kept asking when Thanos got an upgrade, so I thought I'd give it here.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by long pig
http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/637/ainfinitygauntlet1076no.th.jpg

A lot of people kept asking when Thanos got an upgrade, so I thought I'd give it here.

Thanos rips gogs heart from his chest.

Thanos wins.

cool

Solidus Snake
gog would win

Gog is uber powerful and can control hypertime

jinzin
this would just be a never ending battle.....I don't think cog has the ability to out right overpower thanos....yet thanos can never truly kill every cog ever unless he had some sort of serious prep to nail every source of cog in every faction of time.... so while thanos would never lose persay, cog would never die....just like with doomsday...it would be a tiring and vigorous cycle until one of them gave up...

leonidas
good info jinzin. where's that scan from?

jinzin
action comics 825 with heroic dd....

leonidas
very cool. did dd actually battle gog in the issue?

and did you say HEROIC?? he didn't sound to 'hero-like' . . .

brrrrr . . .

jinzin
....lol...wait up....give me a few I'll show ya how it went down.....

jinzin
okay here goes..

long pig
I'm really digging this Superman art.

jinzin
note: superman refusing to leave doomsday to be butchered by the cogs.....though it don't look like dd's in too much trouble to me... confused

jinzin
Originally posted by long pig
I'm really digging this Superman art.

yeah...it's sketchy but it looks good...

jinzin
the effects of superman's punch...this results in both him and dd getting KOed but the cog's just keep coming...

jinzin
okay.

jinzin
here's your hero. wink

jinzin

jinzin

jinzin

jinzin
okay...so between cog's reaction to doomsday's new found intelligence..."this will have to be rectified"

and doomsday's "will I have to be a monster again"

in order to go save superman...I'm wondering if he'll make an apearance as the mindless force of nature he once was anytime in the near future...hmmmmm interesting...

supremthor
thats is so ****ing cool

supremthor
yo jinzin they were fighting gog 4 a straight hundred years none stop

jinzin
yes they were....

that's why I said hulk would lose in a fight vs. doomsday...hulk will get older and weaker EVENTUALLY...doomsday won't...plain and simple..

Wynndar
Hulk has only demonstrated that he gets stronger with age.

jinzin
and older....what happens when that peak begins to drop?

long pig
I don't think Hulk ever actually ages.

But anyways, what the f*ck is DD doing with a superman cape on?
Is he slated to be a good guy or something?

I don't know if I'd like that or not......could be cool if he became like smarter and smarter and wiser and wiser and kinda became a type of guru, but still would kick peoples asses if needed.

Wynndar
There is no evidence that it does. Irradiated beings just keep evolving. The Thing is supposed to evolve into a cosmic level being in a few thousand years.

jinzin
is he? that's news to me...

I'm sure I found some peice of evidence that hulk got older and eventually weaker..I just don't remember from where....DAMMIT....lol...

Wynndar
intersting...cuz in "The End" Hulk regenerates from having every piece of flesh on his body being eaten...bigger adn stronger than ever...just with long white hair.

jinzin
hmmm I haven't read this....so...which what if holds more water than?

interesting indeed.

Wynndar
huh?

ImmortalOne
yeah...........huh ??

leonidas
jinzin, those scans rocked! quite a story arc. and people still dis supes. (shakes head)

i wonder if gog (all of them he could summon-is there even a limit?) could do enough damage to thanos to kill him? obviously their staff/ves were strong enough to kill supes so they must be damn potent. if he could summon enough of himself, i assume he WOULD wear thanos down. thanos could kill as many as he'd like, wouldn't matter. and why do you keep saying 'cog' instead of gog?

primo job with the scans, bro!!

joesha28
Cool Stuff!!!

jinzin
it is Gog? I'll be damned...you know, I never noticed....LOL...oh well...gog it is....

thanks man...

I just think that thanos has the power to destroy so many at a simple whim of his energy...it's not like fighting superman....thanos can raise sheilds to protect himself, he can nail loads of them with energy...I think he's displayed the ability to open portals on a few occasions...and he can literally blink them into other galaxies....like I said thanos would have to kill every gog in every faction of time...or kill gog by going back and time and killing him before he became gog...I don't think they can beat him...only annoy him....

leonidas
you don't think gog has enough power to actually hurt thanos? as i said, i've only read kingdom and have no other sources for gog or his power, but i was under the impression he was more powerful than that. anyone else out there with more info on gog? he seems to be a tough character for everyone to figure.

Whirlysplatt
Gog is inconsistandt I think one at the power level of his original appearance in The Kingdom would be enough. The many answer Jinzin has provided also works.

Oh and I think Maestro is the aging evidence you were looking for Jinzin smile

Keep the faithsmile

Stay Whirly rock

jinzin
thanks whrily...maybe that IS how I drew that conclussion.....meh...it doesn't matter.

jinzin
you don't think gog has enough power to actually hurt thanos? as i said, i've only read kingdom and have no other sources for gog or his power, but i was under the impression he was more powerful than that. anyone else out there with more info on gog? he seems to be a tough character for everyone to figure.

hurt him? sure...I have no doubts that the gogs would inflict some major damage...it's just that thanos has too many ways out..too many loopholes to use to his advantage.... how do you beat a guy when he keeps blinking you into a sun? i think they could hurt him sure...just not beat him...I mean doomsday lasted 100 years against them and didn't show any signs of slowing down.....thanos may not be doomsday but I don't think he's far behind....actually far ahead in SOME categories..

HigH ScholaR
Gog is a supervillain that repeatedly kills Superman throughout a timeline in the DC comics story The Kingdom, the sequel to Kingdom Come.

Gog was a survivor of the Kansas disaster, and became a believer in Superman as a saviour, even joining a church dedicated to his philosophy. One day, Superman came to him and told him that he (Superman) was not the all-powerful, perfect being he thought he was. When the Quintessence (Shazam, Ganthet, Zeus, Izaya Highfather, and the Phantom Stranger) invested him with a portion of their vast power, Gog went insane, and blamed Superman for his misfortune.

Using his newfound powers, Gog killed Superman. Unsatisfied by his victory, Gog went back in time one day, found Superman, and killed him again. Repeatedly.

When he arrived on the day that Superman and Wonder Woman's child was born, the entire Justice League tried to stop him, but they failed, and Gog took the child, whom he named Magog.

The Phantom Stranger recruited Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman from the Kingdom Come era, their modern-day counterparts, and the KC descendants of modern heroes - Kid Flash III (daughter of Wally West), Offspring (son of Plastic Man), Nightstar (daughter of Nightwing and Starfire), and Ibn al'Xuffasch (son of Batman and Talia al'Ghul) to fight Gog, and eventually opened a hole into Hypertime, which sucked Gog in and closed around him.

- went back in time and killed him again ha ha ha

jinzin
so then............who do you think would win? confused

BobbyD
Those pics were great!

leonidas
<<so then............who do you think would win?>>

big grin

i was wondering the same thing . . .?

jinzin
lol.

jinzin
Originally posted by BobbyD
Those pics were great!

thanks man..it's a good book..kinda confusing if you haven't read the one before it though...

HigH ScholaR
what's the name and issue of the comic those pictures were in

HigH ScholaR
confused i don't know how'll win to be honest

jinzin
action comics 825 or 824 i don't remember..

leonidas
that's ok. no one seems to know . . .

no

Whirlysplatt

HigH ScholaR
THANKS big grin

Jargon343
Doomsday is the Armeggedon Creature.

jinzin
you damned right.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
Gog is inconsistandt I think one at the power level of his original appearance in The Kingdom would be enough. The many answer Jinzin has provided also works.

Oh and I think Maestro is the aging evidence you were looking for Jinzin smile

Keep the faithsmile

Stay Whirly rock

I saw you all discussing Hulk aging. I didn't read "The End", but I did read the Maestro story. And, in that he did age. And he even says that the reason he got stronger, was because of the nuclear war irradiating the planet, and he just walked around soaking it all up.

Otherwise, he would have just gotten older, I guess.

Mider
the kingdom come gog should be the standard for gogs power so ill ask what feats did Gog have in that story.

Mider
a awhile ago i asked this question to someone higher up on comics then myself this is what the answer was to how powerful gog was although he cannot defeat the entire line of the quinetessance he can indeed beat each of them one on one such as dc zues, ganthet, phantom stranger, highfather and i think im missing someone anyone its been stated that gog can beat these guys one on one and in my opinion thanos wouldnt stand a chance against any of them.

Sixth_Winged
Kingdom Gog was on another powerscale more on efficiency. He's reflexes were faster than KC flash and even still faster than an uber time feat by Rip Hunter. He was the team buster in kingdom which is a high end feat to itself considering the power level present there.

AC Gog though is a stupid travesty.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
Kingdom Gog was on another powerscale more on efficiency. He's reflexes were faster than KC flash and even still faster than an uber time feat by Rip Hunter. He was the team buster in kingdom which is a high end feat to itself considering the power level present there.

AC Gog though is a stupid travesty.

Agreed!

leonidas
the whole idea of hyper-time was pretty cool, i thought, and the notion of being able to continually evolve beyond your enemy while they remain in their present form worked well imo.

i think either version of gog was damned frightening. i still don't see how thanos would actually win this fight. it's like fighting the multiple man after he's created an unltd number of copies of superman!

thesilverspider
the whole idea of hyper-time was pretty cool, i thought, and the notion of being able to continually evolve beyond your enemy while they remain in their present form worked well imo.

i think either version of gog was damned frightening. i still don't see how thanos would actually win this fight. it's like fighting the multiple man after he's created an unltd number of copies of superman!
Thanos can always make another Galactus/Thanos clone and let him eat the planet the Gogs are on........... wink

leonidas
confused

olympian
One question tho. Gog got his powers from the Gods, right?

Whats the origin of that trident of his?

Mider
meh he could always do that army thing and attack galactus not saying he'd win but he's lost to people weaker. they just need to mess with his machiens and junk or let off an EM pulse. Thanos doesnt stande a chance against this guy he's above a skyfather, gog is more ruthless then odin and alot more sadistic he wont put up with the stuff odin does he'll finish the job fast i think and if he cant he'll call reinforcments does anyone know what comics gog comes out in these are the ones i can remeber

Kingdom come
and action comics in the gog wars i do have issue numbers but are there any more appereances of gog beside these storylines?

JOE NUNEZ
thanos hits hard http://www.corvusonline.net/thanos/punch.jpg

Mider
not like the guy died doesnt look like anything but a normal punch to me gog can hit as hard or harder thanos will not win this battle.

thesilverspider
confused
sad .......would you like me to explain what I was talking about.

leonidas
laughing out loud no, i just don't think he could do that without a . . . little bit of prep. and i don't think there's prep here, is there?

thesilverspider
laughing out loud no, i just don't think he could do that without a . . . little bit of prep. and i don't think there's prep here, is there?
Ok Leo you and your god damn smilies........... mad

leonidas
big grin

Avalonofthewind
Just picked up these issues, and my verdict is in. GoG wins.
He's nearly the plot device character that DD and Thanos can be.
He controls time and cirscumstance to an uber degree. Adjusts on the fly and alters battle conditions in his favor. Hell, he even said that he let the team win, and it still took them 100 years to do so. He was only interested in killing Supes and lost interest in the battle after that point in the book.

It's like the worlds best martial artist in a room full of deadly superintelligent hornets. He may take out some, but is ultimately doomed to fail.

leonidas
that's prety much my thought. i just don't see how ONE thanos can beat what would ultimately be HUNDREDS of superman level gogs . . .

and that arc was SPECTACULAR!

Mider
he isnt superman level he is above skyfathers

Avalonofthewind
Hell yea it was, I lent it to my friend and he was floored by it.
Preus, DD, and GOG... that was and insane arc.

Mider
gog wars?

leonidas
you keep talking about kingdom gog, mider. we're talking about a different version of the character -- the one that appeared in continuity in the superman series. the arc is called gog wars. i dl'd it a while ago and can't recall the issues. 820ish . . .?

it was friggin AWESOME! anyone who hasn't read it really can't fairly comment on this fight.

Mider
and who says elseworlds are not in continuity unlike MU DC has the guts to use alternate realities fully, that reality should exist somewere, and who says there not the same.

Marcus4600
Knew it. Anti-Marvel boy finally admits it.

Anyway, this battle would go on for eternity with no victor, unless Thanos can turn him into stone.

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by Mider
and who says elseworlds are not in continuity unlike MU DC has the guts to use alternate realities fully, that reality should exist somewere, and who says there not the same.

Dude

1) elseworlds and other alternate dimensions isn't in continutiy anywhere unless it's to their own (ie. KC, Whatever happened to man of tomorrow, etc) unless it's a crossover with the main universe (quard, etc)

2) Infinity Crisis and Didio's statements regarding their plans to kill the hypertime or possibly the concept of multiverse. Other than that, they already killed it once with COIE but was retconned via hypertime which in turn is currently getting retconned by IC.

Marcus4600
Because it's all Superboy Prime's fault.

Mider
well if your gonna use a version of gog that kicks butt minus will be him what origin story does he have in this continuity?

leonidas
it's the same i think minus the quintessence.

and i didn't WANT kingdom gog in the thread because he doesn't really 'exist' in the true dcu. and i'm the one who made the thread!

golem370
http://www.spider-bob.com/villains/dc/Gog.htm

leonidas
wrong gog . . .

golem370
your pic of gog

golem370
my pic of gog

leonidas
pics are fine. origin is wrong. continuity gog never got power from the quintessence.

the Darkone
Thanos will get bored after blasting 20 gogs into oblivion, so gog wins by default. If it's one gog he will get beaten into a bloody pile of sh**.

Mider
yeah right darkone he wont even dent him.

the Darkone
yeah right darkone he wont even dent him. dude you have any comics or what. Thanos has been upgrade twice by death, he is more powerful when he fought Tyrant and Odin, Superman was severing gog ass all day until he got by gog spear with kryptonite other than that superman was kicking his head in. Thanos eats hearlder level beings and low skyfathers like b***hes, he will kill Gog and his clones dude blew a planet more than once, powerful enough to rock Galactus ass. Don't sleep on Thanos regardless he is a ripe-off of Darkseid it doesn't matter his feats are greater than gog, get off DC comic dick you are embarrassing yourself.

leonidas
Originally posted by the Darkone
dude you have any comics or what. Thanos has been upgrade twice by death, he is more powerful when he fought Tyrant and Odin, Superman was severing gog ass all day until he got by gog spear with kryptonite other than that superman was kicking his head in. Thanos eats hearlder level beings and low skyfathers like b***hes, he will kill Gog and his clones dude blew a planet more than once, powerful enough to rock Galactus ass. Don't sleep on Thanos regardless he is a ripe-off of Darkseid it doesn't matter his feats are greater than gog, get off DC comic dick you are embarrassing yourself.

they're not clones, actually. they are him, pulled from various points in the timeline via his hyperspatial abilities. that's the beauty of gog. he WAS losing to supes. but each time he felt on the verge of being beaten, he pulled himself from time and went at it again, learning each time, until he developed a way to beat supes. it's like every time he loses he just erases the loss and tries again. eventually he will find a way to win. thanos could certainly kill a single, non-time-traveling gog. maybe even a few of him. problem is it would never happen that way.

gog loses, he goes back in time, studies, learns for years and years than returns to the time where he was fighting thanos. to thanos, almost no time has past, but to gog YEARS have past, and all those years were spent studying and learning about thanos. that's what ONE gog can do. but he can also pull his other selves from time to create a vast army of superman level characters.

gog is WICKED powerful . . .

Big Sexy
? what would happen if met with Lobo and the Lobo clones?

Mider
thanos shouldnt be able to kill ANY gogs they dumped his powers down horribly from KC and YES kc gog and gog wars is the same gog because gog wars gog was suprised to see superboy in KC there is no superboy.

Thunderstrike
You don't have any feasible proof Mider. You've just got a wild guess.

Mider
sounds pretty cowerdly of you all to use a powered down gog if there is such a thing to fight your fanboy icon the great thanos even then he'd get his butt kicked by gogs army and eventually incinerated by blasts that would turn supes into nothing they all just gang up on him blast him at once killing him its pretty pathetic that you think thanos beats everyone.

Thanos_6383
I don't know enough about Gog to decide who would win.

Thunderstrike
sounds pretty cowerdly of you all to use a powered down gog if there is such a thing to fight your fanboy icon the great thanos even then he'd get his butt kicked by gogs army and eventually incinerated by blasts that would turn supes into nothing they all just gang up on him blast him at once killing him its pretty pathetic that you think thanos beats everyone.

Pretty sure Superman couldn't even touch Thanos. Neither could Gog, unless he's on Tyrant's level, WHICH HE'S NOT! So, I guess Gog dies via having his molecules dispersed across space, then he comes to your house and punches you in the face.
http://www.owned.com/Owned_Pictures/abigblowowned.jpg.jpg

Mider
im pretty sure you dont know anything about KC gog which you prove every time you say something since you never prove me wrong i already told you who he defeated in other threads so please do be quiet about this nonsense he is above skyfather even one as strong as ganthet.

Thunderstrike
im pretty sure you dont know anything about KC gog which you prove every time you say something since you never prove me wrong i already told you who he defeated in other threads so please do be quiet about this nonsense he is above skyfather even one as strong as ganthet.

Uh, you kinda prove yourself wrong, considering you're a liar. Besides, what are you gonna do about it besides rant and rave? You're still a tool.
http://w6rec.com/duane/bmw/toolkit/tool1.jpg

Jabba the Hutt
http://www.holtorama.com/2002/oct/halloween-1.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^Mider

Mider
im not lieing about what i said about you thunderstrike you are lieing when you say you never said those things and your a liar when you say king thor didnt beat the destroyer your a liar on the classic lobo vs thanos thread your a liar on this thread too.

Jabba the Hutt
Mider, STOP BEING MEAN!

Psyquis52
In Mider's defense I do believe that Thor took down Destroyer in a what if where he became king. I'm not sure how much weight What if's hold around here but he did it with the King force/Odin force, howeve I believe it was a relative feat.

Oh and Mider's a tool.

Thunderstrike
Yeah, it's a what if. In reality a bunch of Celestials took him down.

Psyquis52
Alright! A solid answer on whether or not What if's count.

big grin Me am happy big grin

Thunderstrike
It depends on the What If. Is it conceivable for King Thor to take him down? Well, King Thor does control the Odinforce. Since that's what created the Destroyer, it may be able to unmake it. However, Gog doesn't possess near the power of King Thor, unless you're counting the world of Tooly's mind. Also, if the Odinforce helped create the Destroyer (which I'm 95% sure it did) then that's an issue of powerset, not overall power. It took the power of many celestials to take the thing down, and THEN it got reanimated as a herald to Galactus. I think I have my timeline right, but I'm kinda tired. So, if you have a question on a certain What If? then go to the comic book questions thread. Anyway, Destroyer > Gog.

While we're along those lines, Gog is nowhere near Skyfather, so he's not coming close to Thanos. Thanos kills him with relative ease, then goes and beats up the Surfer.

Psyquis52
I'm at skyfather level.

CaptainStoic
Thanos is going to beat him so bad, he'll start telling people that his name is Gob.

leonidas
please, all the thanos backers -- someone give a plausible scenario (just one) where thanos (no prep, no tech) beats a guy who can create literally 1000s of himself to battle for 100s of years, and each of 'himselves' are at/near superman level . . . no expression

CaptainStoic
Thanos has defeated (killed) a planet of beings that looked as if they were superhuman, but I guess if Gob, I mean Gog has to hide behind clones in order to fight Thanos that would tell me that he admits that alone he has no chance. Oh the planet of superhuman beings that I was reffering to was in Thanos #1 Cosmic Powers.

leonidas
clones? confused who said anything about clones? they are HIM, pulled from various points in the timeline via his manipulation of hypertime -- you know, his PRIMARY power . . .

be like saying it was unfair for multiple man to use his dupes in a fight . . .

thanos wouldn't be stupid enough to fight this dude without loads of prep. because without said prep, he is screwed.

Avalonofthewind
clones? confused who said anything about clones? they are HIM, pulled from various points in the timeline via his manipulation of hypertime -- you know, his PRIMARY power . . .

be like saying it was unfair for multiple man to use his dupes in a fight . . .

thanos wouldn't be stupid enough to fight this dude without loads of prep. because without said prep, he is screwed.

Exactly. Even with prep, Thanos isn't winning. How do you beat someone who basically IS PREP PERSONIFIED?

Characters like Gog, and even Prometheus (with Cosmic key) are basically people who would be hard to beat in forum settings.

Thunderstrike
So, if Thanos grabs the Cosmic Cube, Gog isn't dead. I'm sorry, but I'm calling bullshit on that.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Exactly. Even with prep, Thanos isn't winning. How do you beat someone who basically IS PREP PERSONIFIED?

Characters like Gog, and even Prometheus (with Cosmic key) are basically people who would be hard to beat in forum settings.

Gog is basically prep but I have seen nothing that shows he near Thanos as far as brains. I can't say for sure as I have not completely read the whole GoG wars thing but he doesn't seem smarter than Thanos to me.

Thunderstrike
That's because Gog is a nutcase, while Thanos is a brilliant thinker. Also, who the hell told Mider that Gog is a skyfather?!

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
So, if Thanos grabs the Cosmic Cube, Gog isn't dead. I'm sorry, but I'm calling bullshit on that.

What is the to keep Gog from grabbing it first? It sure wouldn't be hard for him to do so...

Thunderstrike
What is the to keep Gog from grabbing it first? It sure wouldn't be hard for him to do so...

Getting his molecules dispersed like a chump.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Gog is basically prep but I have seen nothing that shows he near Thanos as far as brains. I can't say for sure as I have not completely read the whole GoG wars thing but he doesn't seem smarter than Thanos to me.

You are smarter than a ton of bee's, but if you were attacked by them, they would win.

Avalonofthewind
Getting his molecules dispersed like a chump.

Sure, maybe 1 or 2.... but one of the other thousands would go back in time and grab the cube before Thanos does.

Hell, a bunch of them could go in different times and grab a BUNCH of cubes. Then Thanos is back where he started...in a world of ****.

Thunderstrike
You are smarter than a ton of bee's, but if you were attacked by them, they would win.

Not if I have the ability to stop them in their tracks.

Thunderstrike
http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/6793/fallen44os.jpg

Blitzing, speed, and all that junk doesn't matter against Thanos. It won't work.

Avalonofthewind
Not if I have the ability to stop them in their tracks.

That's the ability that GOG has... long before purple face can do anything.

Thanos needing the cube is already admitting defeat.

People complain about Supes being too powerful, but will apparently try and give Thanos anything they can.

Thanos seems to be the real Marvel Superman.

Big Sexy
What about the time gem. And if he gets hold it before hand, how can Gog go back and take it?

Thunderstrike

People complain about Supes being too powerful, but will apparently try and give Thanos anything they can.

I never said he NEEDED the Cube. I said that giving him prep means he's grabbing something that's going to give him more than what Gog can handle.

Avalonofthewind
What about the time gem. And if he gets hold it before hand, how can Gog go back and take it?

How about GOG grabs the whole gauntlet, the ultimate nullifier, HOTU, or simply the phantom zone generator?

Thunderstrike
Also, there are millions of things that Thanos could do to Gog. There is no proof that he's near Thanos' level. Thanos' power is so great that nobody below Skyfather is taking him down, and Gog is nowhere near Skyfather level.

Thunderstrike
How about GOG grabs the whole gauntlet, the ultimate nullifier, HOTU, or simply the phantom zone generator?

How do you know Thanos won't see it coming, and stop him in his tracks.

Avalonofthewind
http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/6793/fallen44os.jpg

Blitzing, speed, and all that junk doesn't matter against Thanos. It won't work.

I'm sorry bro...

This pic proves nothing towards the GoG case.
Gog's style is nothing like this..

Big Sexy

Not really, its that Thanos is the type of character where unlike Superman, he makes his own rules to win the game, Why fight a guy for years when you can crush him in one blow

Avalonofthewind
How do you know Thanos won't see it coming, and stop him in his tracks.

Because Thanos doesn't have the ability to see and control time on his own?

Avalonofthewind
Not really, its that Thanos is the type of character where unlike Superman, he makes his own rules to win the game, Why fight a guy for years when you can crush him in one blow

Exactly, and this isn't Superman, this is GOG, who like Thanos...does exactly the same thing.

Since he wouldnt care about making Thanos suffer (like he did with supes)... it would be quick.

Thunderstrike
Okay, what if Thanos turns him to stone?
http://img96.imageshack.us/my.php?image=skragg5zb.jpg

This guy isn't getting beat by anything below a skyfather. Gog is NOT a skyfather. Case closed.

Big Sexy
I bet Superman wished he had a cube when he was dying over and over.

Avalonofthewind
Okay, what if Thanos turns him to stone?
http://img96.imageshack.us/my.php?image=skragg5zb.jpg

This guy isn't getting beat by anything below a skyfather. Gog is NOT a skyfather. Case closed.

Who told you this? Squirrel girl apparently did it. wink

This may work on 1 gog...but not thousands attacking him at the same time with magical spears. If I remember correctly, there was more to that scan that meets the eye...

Case closed.

Thunderstrike
Yeah, he probably did. Of course, Thanos is pretty darn far over Superman.

Avalonofthewind
I bet Superman wished he had a cube when he was dying over and over.

Possibly. smile

Hope you guys aren't getting bitter.

Avalonofthewind
Yeah, he probably did. Of course, Thanos is pretty darn far over Superman.

Opinion. Far from fact.

Again. This isn't Supes we are talking about...it's Gog.

Big Sexy
Exactly, and this isn't Superman, this is GOG, who like Thanos...does exactly the same thing.

Since he wouldnt care about making Thanos suffer (like he did with supes)... it would be quick.

All I'm saying is stronger and smarter adversaries have lost to the titan. I don't see GOG pulling this off.

Big Sexy
Possibly. smile

Hope you guys aren't getting bitter.
Of course not

Dude I'm not bitter, your entitled to your opinion, it's just in this situation, I disagree.

Avalonofthewind
All I'm saying is stronger and smarter adversaries have lost to the titan. I don't see GOG pulling this off.

What character hasn't beaten stronger or smarter adversaries at some point?

And the Titan has lost or fled from a good number of battles as well.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>