Superman versus The Joker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King KAM
To make things just a little more fair, the joker has preptime, and he gets to have BigBlue come get him, I personally think that even though Marvel tends to have better character writers and development, The Joker is the greatest villain of all time and i will explain if needed, but ill cut to the point. I say Joker under the given circumstances.

Hulk Power
Are you freakin kidding me? What the f**k? I really hope you are because if not then this is the stupidest thread I've EVER seen.

colossus17
Originally posted by King KAM
To make things just a little more fair, the joker has preptime, and he gets to have BigBlue come get him, I personally think that even though Marvel tends to have better character writers and development, The Joker is the greatest villain of all time and i will explain if needed, but ill cut to the point. I say Joker under the given circumstances.
l
lol come on dude..whats the joker gonna do...?....spray water on him from his flower.be real.unless the joker gets big K from luthor or someone he stands no chance in hell

King KAM
WHAT?!?! Joker is WAY to smart and WAY to resourceful, he will pull some of his connections and he will trap The Man of Steel, with relative ease, The Joker is too good of a tactician for Superman , Superman doesnt have the mind to defeat Joker I PROMISE he will fall right into the trap...all he needs is kryptonite, and some lead....and he will make a trap that contains and kills Sup with relative ease, people underestimate The Joker but in reality the only person smart enough to defeat him is good ol' Bats

colossus17
WHAT?!?! Joker is WAY to smart and WAY to resourceful, he will pull some of his connections and he will trap The Man of Steel, with relative ease, The Joker is too good of a tactician for Superman , Superman doesnt have the mind to defeat Joker I PROMISE he will fall right into the trap...all he needs is kryptonite, and some lead....and he will make a trap that contains and kills Sup with relative ease, people underestimate The Joker but in reality the only person smart enough to defeat him is good ol' Bats

..he could prob also just punch superman and kill him.....

King KAM
Originally posted by colossus17
..he could prob also just punch superman and kill him..... I would expect that kind of reply out of a man whos favorite Hero is Collosus a second rate hero, with AVERAGE development and story board, The Joker is just too complex for you to realize truely how dangerous he is.

Hulk Power
..he could prob also just punch superman and kill him.....

laughing He'll probably just hit him as hard as he can and send Supes flying through a wall.

Avalonofthewind
I hope you mean emperor joker.

golem370

colossus17
I would expect that kind of reply out of a man whos favorite Hero is Collosus a second rate hero, with AVERAGE development and story board, The Joker is just too complex for you to realize truely how dangerous he is.

your mom was also complex and i figured her out just fine....

King KAM
pay ATTENTION TO THE CIRCUMSTANCES

colossus17
pay ATTENTION TO THE CIRCUMSTANCES

1 word.......OWNED......ask people around u r messing with the wrong person ........

Hulk Power
your mom was also complex and i figured her out just fine....

hysterical I had trouble understanding her actually.

Darth Sparhawk
The Joker is very cool and very clever, but Superman is almost invincible. His strenght is awesome. He'll win.

dawsey28
Okay, you guys must not realize just how cunning The Joker really is. Man, Marvelites read some DC Comics, please.

With Preptime the Joker would set up three or four gigantic "Jack-in-the-Boxes" One goes off first confusing Superman, then the next pops up and out of the mouth start shooting a barrage of kryptonite bullets.

Don't count out that happening because of Superman's superspeed either. Because there have been villains that have countered that before. (Lex for one) Don't think Joker doesn't know what to do.

The Joker is just plain crazy and EVERYTHING he does is completely unexpected (or at least according to the plot, we the readers usually expect some things he usually does.) He's the ONLY character that actually SCARES Batman. And he knows all of Superman's weaknesses. A prepped Joker is not to be underestimated.

Now, do I think that the Joker would win in a most case scenario? No. And here is why. Superman has palled around with Batman long enough to know to keep his guard up against the main Bat villain. He knows to "expect the unexpected" when up against Joker. But if you think a prepped Joker is so easily disposed of by a character with such obvious weaknesses, then you obviously need to pick up a DC Comic every once in a while.

I say Superman 7/10. Joker at least 3/10.

King KAM
your mom was also complex and i figured her out just fine.... Yeah i know she told me, you guys have the same taste in dresses and panties, since you and you favorite characters have a little bit of sugar in the tank.

ImmortalOne
Supez will turn a Joke outta Joker !!!

dawsey28
How?

Wanderer259
Just being a picky, but I've seen that said about a lot of people, how they're the "Only person to scare the Batman". This list includes Vandal Savage, Ra's Al Ghul, Deathstroke, etc. and now the Joker.

dawsey28
I'm not so sure about them REALLY scaring Batman, but if that's true then..

...Okay, so maybe he's not the ONLY character to scare Batman, but he's one of the very select few. I'm sure you'll agree.

But that's not the point anyway. Joker is being underestimated here. So whether or not he's the only one to scare Batman or even if he doesn't scare Batman at all doesn't really matter.

What matters is whether or not he can defeat Superman or whether or not Superman defeats Joker easily.

spidermonkey
Originally posted by dawsey28
Okay, you guys must not realize just how cunning The Joker really is. Man, Marvelites read some DC Comics, please.

With Preptime the Joker would set up three or four gigantic "Jack-in-the-Boxes" One goes off first confusing Superman, then the next pops up and out of the mouth start shooting a barrage of kryptonite bullets.

Don't count out that happening because of Superman's superspeed either. Because there have been villains that have countered that before. (Lex for one) Don't think Joker doesn't know what to do.

The Joker is just plain crazy and EVERYTHING he does is completely unexpected (or at least according to the plot, we the readers usually expect some things he usually does.) He's the ONLY character that actually SCARES Batman. And he knows all of Superman's weaknesses. A prepped Joker is not to be underestimated.

Now, do I think that the Joker would win in a most case scenario? No. And here is why. Superman has palled around with Batman long enough to know to keep his guard up against the main Bat villain. He knows to "expect the unexpected" when up against Joker. But if you think a prepped Joker is so easily disposed of by a character with such obvious weaknesses, then you obviously need to pick up a DC Comic every once in a while.

While I agree that Joker is being underestimated, you are also overestimating his abilities. With all of his cunning and knowledge of Superman's weaknesses, Joker is still pretty much just a man, or whatever you'd call him. He's no uber powered being that's for sure.

You've said yourself that Superman isn't so easily contained. So no matter what Joker uses against him, whether it be kryptonite, magic, or red sunlight radiation, Superman will get free and Joker's not going to be able to do much once he does.

I'd change that 7/10 to 9/10 or maybe even 10/10 if I were you.

dawsey28
Well, I suppose you are right. I gave the win to Superman, but prepped Joker should get more respect.

grey fox
jeebus how many joker fanboys are there... one finger that's all supes needs, hell he could do a supersonic drive by punch .

spidermonkey
Oh boy. The stupid "fanboy" argument. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Dawsey and I BOTH said Superman would win in a most case scenario.

And it's a prepped situation, so Superman is going to have a something waiting for him. Joker may be insane, but he's not stupid.

grey fox
No i'm not saying youre a fanboy .. king kam on the overhand laughing

spidermonkey
Oh. embarrasment

olympian
Joker beats him with a crownbar after singing a sweet chin music on his face.

How about it?

Alexis_88
King KAM
well said....joker is power ally....

kgkg
indeed.

colossus17
Yeah i know she told me, you guys have the same taste in dresses and panties, since you and you favorite characters have a little bit of sugar in the tank.

ur mom also had my sugar

ZephroCarnelian
Joker would lay a suprise or two for Supes.

But it wouldn't be anything that Supes wouldn't be able to handle.

That's my two pence. smile

SeerQris
Superman would make quick work of Joker

el fin.

Fanboy
Superman already took down Joker I think.

Solidus Snake
nothing joker can do an take down supes. hed need kriptonite

supes is immune to all of jokers toxic weapons, so thats no help there either

who?-kid
Originally posted by Wanderer259
Just being a picky, but I've seen that said about a lot of people, how they're the "Only person to scare the Batman". This list includes Vandal Savage, Ra's Al Ghul, Deathstroke, etc. and now the Joker.
Don't forget KGBeast.

spidermonkey

Originally posted by Wanderer259

I'm not so sure about them REALLY scaring Batman, but if that's true then..

...Okay, so maybe he's not the ONLY character to scare Batman, but he's one of the very select few. I'm sure you'll agree.

But that's not the point anyway. Joker is being underestimated here. So whether or not he's the only one to scare Batman or even if he doesn't scare Batman at all doesn't really matter.

What matters is whether or not he can defeat Superman or whether or not Superman defeats Joker easily.

Originally posted by spidermonkey
Dawsey, while I agree that Joker is being underestimated, you are also overestimating his abilities. With all of his cunning and knowledge of Superman's weaknesses, Joker is still pretty much just a man, or whatever you'd call him. He's no uber powered being that's for sure.

You've said yourself that Superman isn't so easily contained. So no matter what Joker uses against him, whether it be kryptonite, magic, or red sunlight radiation, Superman will get free and Joker's not going to be able to do much once he does.

I'd change that 7/10 to 9/10 or maybe even 10/10 if I were you.

Well, I suppose you are right. I gave the win to Superman, but prepped Joker should get more respect.

He-guy88
i say superman

give joker some cred guys he cant die unless u destroy the joker card in his coat pocket dont forget that cause some people dont give him enough cred cause the dont think he has powers but in fact he does

i say superman cause joker can still be restraned,ko'ed and superman would not have a problem with that

Psyquis52
Okay, so Joker gets prep and lays a few traps. He makes his getaway once or twice maybe even three times. He kills a lot of people and Superman gets ticked but in the end Joker gets caught and that's the end of his run in Metropolis. Odds are Joker gets some Kryptonite and still can't kill Superman.

Good story but no matter how many ways you slice it, it's still bread.

spidermonkey
Originally posted by Psyquis52
Okay, so Joker gets prep and lays a few traps. He makes his getaway once or twice maybe even three times. He kills a lot of people and Superman gets ticked but in the end Joker gets caught and that's the end of his run in Metropolis. Odds are Joker gets some Kryptonite and still can't kill Superman.

Good story but no matter how many ways you slice it, it's still bread.

yes

systemshock2
There was actually a comic from a few years that chronicled this. Basically Joker had poisoned Lois, and from there Superman went to Batman for help. The two of them went to Arkham's insane asylum to meet the confined Joker, and Joker explained to them that he has a cure for the poison, but it would involve Superman having to inject Joker with some potion that'll create the cure inside Joker. The only catch is that the process will kill Joker.

You see even Joker himself realized that he could of course never physically defeat Superman, so he had to get into Superman's mind and heart in order to do so.

Throughout the issue Superman argued with Batman about injecting Joker with the cure, to the point that as the Joker expectantly waits with the needle Superman grabs a defending Batman by the neck and yells at him to get him out of the way. But Batman keeps telling him that that is what Joker would want, to effectively defeat all that Superman stands for and having the Joker win posthumously.

Finally Superman relents, and back at the hospital they essentially watch Lois die from the poison. But a few seconds later her heart suddenly restarts, and Lois returns to normal health. It seems that Joker had purposely made the poison to only be temporary. Batman comments to Superman that if he would've gone through with killing the Joker in order to get the antidote, it would've been the cruelest joke ever to realize he would've killed Joker all for nothing. Joker knew this action would've probably made Superman go insane again, like when he killed those Phantom zone characters, making Joker the true winner.

So essentially Joker almost beat Superman, not physically but mentally. Btw a really great line is at the end:

Superman: You mean to tell me Joker would've killed himself all for a joke. But that's-

Batman: -insane. Tell me about it.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by systemshock2
There was actually a comic from a few years that chronicled this. Basically Joker had poisoned Lois, and from there Superman went to Batman for help. The two of them went to Arkham's insane asylum to meet the confined Joker, and Joker explained to them that he has a cure for the poison, but it would involve Superman having to inject Joker with some potion that'll create the cure inside Joker. The only catch is that the process will kill Joker.

You see even Joker himself realized that he could of course never physically defeat Superman, so he had to get into Superman's mind and heart in order to do so.

Throughout the issue Superman argued with Batman about injecting Joker with the cure, to the point that as the Joker expectantly waits with the needle Superman grabs a defending Batman by the neck and yells at him to get him out of the way. But Batman keeps telling him that that is what Joker would want, to effectively defeat all that Superman stands for and having the Joker win posthumously.

Finally Superman relents, and back at the hospital they essentially watch Lois die from the poison. But a few seconds later her heart suddenly restarts, and Lois returns to normal health. It seems that Joker had purposely made the poison to only be temporary. Batman comments to Superman that if he would've gone through with killing the Joker in order to get the antidote, it would've been the cruelest joke ever to realize he would've killed Joker all for nothing. Joker knew this action would've probably made Superman go insane again, like when he killed those Phantom zone characters, making Joker the true winner.

So essentially Joker almost beat Superman, not physically but mentally. Btw a really great line is at the end:

Superman: You mean to tell me Joker would've killed himself all for a joke. But that's-

Batman: -insane. Tell me about it. What comic dude, it sounds tight

systemshock2
Originally posted by Big Sexy
What comic dude, it sounds tight

Action comics #719. If you'd like to know what exactly set Joker off to go after Superman then check out #714. Both of these comics are a really good read. Try to pick them up if you ever get a chance. smile

Sea King
some people are thinking this is no contest but it is really a hard one to call because joker(in the cartoon adventures of batman & superman they did a cross over)he had kryptonite and almost killed superman but batman saved him

jrodslam
Originally posted by Sea King
some people are thinking this is no contest but it is really a hard one to call because joker(in the cartoon adventures of batman & superman they did a cross over)he had kryptonite and almost killed superman but batman saved him

In the cartoon, Joker even took out a few members of the Justice League all on his own.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by systemshock2
Action comics #719. If you'd like to know what exactly set Joker off to go after Superman then check out #714. Both of these comics are a really good read. Try to pick them up if you ever get a chance. smile Thanks dude

Mider999
people dont know this but joker is a master tactician bats is one of the smartest guys or THEE smartest guy on the JLA and the world and joker is his arch nemesis do you think he got there by being stupid, no, joker has outsmarted hush one of the smartest villains ever he had ever other villain under him almost, ra's al ghoul asked joker for help to stop bats once and for all, luthor didnt know how to use the philosophy stone when joker knew after studing it for a short time while it took luthor months with out success, joker also outsmarted mr Myx and took his powers and messed up the universe pretty bad, in jokers last laugh he took over half the world and made a punk out of luthor more then once, in fact he's made a punk out of luthor many a time, someone said jokers just a man so is luthor joker just doesnt use his sort of tech yet he's even more dangerous because he dont care if he dies, luthor would joker would kill himself just to get a joker or to have his plot done, he'd sacrifice everyone he doesnt want power if he did he'd have been the ruler of the gotham underworld stead of black mask, if he wanted bats dead he'd be dead he's had many oppritunities, read when the spectre tried going into his head and couldnt handle the jokers mind, joker is not someone to be messed with as i stated at the start he isnt batmans arch nemesis cause the white face looks cool

darkfan76
Joker with prep. time can pull it off. I mean, Luthor is just a regular human being w/o superpowers who usually gives Supes a run for his money. Well, Joker is at least as smart as Luthor (honestly I think he's smarter than Luthor), but crazier, sure as hell he can come up with some twisted and elaborated trap.

The prep. time is the difference. It is not like Joker would start punching Superman.... Give the clown some credit. Anyway, Supes is not stupid, not as smart as batman or Joker but he'd be able to find his way out of many of the traps Joker could set for him. I'd say 5/5.

darthgoober
Originally posted by golem370
5 This is the level of maximum human strength. 900-1600 pounds Azrael II, Batman I, Fire, Green Lantern V, Guardian, Hawkman I, Joker, Lex Luthor, Maxima, Mister Terrific II

One question, how is Maxima in this class? She's knock around Supes before. She even got in a couple of shots against Doomsday.

Mider999
i think joker is smarter then luthor he always pawns him

Jvenom
The Joker with prep time could take it. Luther has almost killed Superman more than a few times and he is not even close to the Joker's level of thinking.

Superboy Prime
I remember that joker/supes/bats comic. It was a good read.

dawsey28
Originally posted by Jvenom
Luther is not even close to the Joker's level of thinking.

I'm not so sure about that. confused

Sixth_Winged
laughing this is the sort of thread that tears a new one on DC fans unity.

pr1983
Luthor is considered to be one of the smartest human beings on earth, knows more about superman than anyone else on the planet and yet superman still beats him... regularly... and what, are people suddenly forgetting how intelligent superman is?

Superman... honestly... the joker is clever, he's insane, but unless he's packing a spare battle suit on loan from luthor, he isnt winning imo...

h1a8
If joker manages to get some K and Lead then superman is as good as dead. Nuff said!

hitemup
laughing

newyorkcares
Originally posted by Hulk_Power
Are you freakin kidding me? What the f**k? I really hope you are because if not then this is the stupidest thread I've EVER seen.
You are correct,sir. this is like ....no, im not even gonna touch this.way too stupid.

h1a8
Originally posted by newyorkcares
You are correct,sir. this is like ....no, im not even gonna touch this.way too stupid.

This is only a stupid thread if joker's only option is to fight Supeman without kryptonite. Only the smart ones here can see through the silly thread title and know it isn't that silly after all.

With that being said:
If joker manages to get some K and Lead then superman is as good as dead. Nuff said!

Mider999
Joker's past is not revealed for all we know he's smarter then luthor who is supermans arch nemesis, the thing is joker isnt after anything like luthor is, luthor wants power and money thus he's easy to map out his plans and such, but joker is just plain chaotic, he is smart enough to go toe to toe with guys like hush who basically took over the gotham underworld very easily and pawned every villain, yet when joker came back to gotham he had hush begging batman to protect him, joker had drugged him and implanted a pacemaker thus giving him controll over hush's heart. Ra's al ghoul a villain who has tangled with the JLA and almost won asked the joker for help, and luthor since you all wanna talk about oh jokers just a man, last time i checked so is luthor yeah he has all these new upgrades but none of them do him any good, his plans are always the same, get money do this do that get a giant robot, even black mask said that was just dumb he mentioned the crazies being guys who go to metropolis in giant suits trying to play king of the mountain, what makes joker so dangerous is his unpredictability, one monment he can just shoot an entire room of kids just for kicks no reason no point in the killing he just did it for fun, you cant just snap your fingers and predict the guys moves, since he has smarts to back up his chaoticness you can say oh i have his plans maped out, you'll think he's going this way and BAM he hits you with a curve all you just never expected, joker's last laugh is a great example he just wanted everyone to remeber him so hay why not make everyone go insane and kill each other im mean im gonna die the joker thinks, or the philosphy stone when luthor had months to try to find out how it worked, joker found out in moments, maybe cause his approach is just more simple and thus more unpredictable and dangerous. With prep the joker can take out supes, he'd get help from someone or somehow exploite his weaknesses, in the upcomming spawn/batman comics spawn has to take on joker lets see how it turns out for all you guys who think the joker's some nobody.

Mider999
i think joker can find a way to stop supes like promethius or even ra's al ghoul did, they didnt actually kill him but they sure came close.

spidermonkey
Superman?

kevdude
Joker goes down..

Symmetric Chaos
Joker wins

spidermonkey
Superman wins.

tkitna
Joker sprays him with kryptonite paint ftw.

tazz
Superman wins but Superman's family die with a "smile on their face"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.