Greatest Final Fantasy Villian

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ESB-1138
Who was that Final Fantasy bad guy you just feared to hear his name? Who was the one that was the baddest of the bad?
FF1: Chaos
FF2: Emperor
FF3: DarkCloud
FF4: Golbez
FF5: Ex-Death
FF6: Kefka
FF7: Sephiroth
FF8: Edea
FF9: Kuja
FF10: Sin

gandrake
I think Sin.

darth-yoda
Sephiroth or jecth when you fought him i think you fought him anyway and ESB i love the sig by the way sorry for the off topic but can anyone give me info on zack from ff7

ESB-1138
Nibelheim

Zack, Tifa and Sephiroth before their Nibelheim mission.In the flashbacks, one learns that Cloud, after bragging about joining SOLDIER (the elite military force of the Shin-Ra corporation) fails to make it and winds up a lowly grunt on their security force. He is sent on a mission back to his hometown of Nibelheim, accompanying Sephiroth (who at that time, five years prior to the game, was the most powerful member of SOLDIER) and a new SOLDIER recruit, Zack. Zack and Cloud become friends and proceed on their mission to the Nibelheim mako reactor. Cloud chooses to remain incognito during his mission, being ashamed to admit to his friends and family in Nibelheim (especially Tifa) that he was rejected by SOLDIER. Cloud's childhood friend Tifa Lockheart serves as a guide for the Shin-Ra team. When they arrive at the reactor, Sephiroth quickly dispatches the monsters infesting the area. However, when he goes inside the reactor, he finds out much more than he bargained for and goes insane. (For more specific information on this, see the main page on Sephiroth.)

Everyone goes back to Nibelheim to rest, but Cloud is awakened by screaming. Sephiroth has set the whole town on fire, and Cloud is unable to do anything. Zack saves him and some others, including Tifa. Zack and Cloud chase Sephiroth to the Nibelheim reactor. There, Tifa attacks Sephiroth in an attempt to avenge Nibelheim and is seriously wounded. Cloud takes care of her while Zack goes on to confront Sephiroth and loses. Sephiroth then leaves while Cloud stands by, mortified. He quickly attends to Zack, who gives Cloud his buster sword and tells him to go after Sephiroth. Cloud confronts Sephiroth on a high gangway inside the reactor. Sephiroth impales him, but Cloud inexplicably manages to summon the power to throw him off the gangway into the depths of the reactor. Cloud then collapses.

Midgar
Zack and Cloud are retrieved by Shin-Ra forces and kept in custody. They are subjected against their will to biological experimentation involving genetic material from Jenova. Eventually, Zack breaks out and literally drags Cloud with him during their escape. Zack gives Cloud some of his clothes and gets them transport to Midgar. During this time, Cloud is weak, groggy and somewhat delirious, as he had reacted more strongly to the experiments than Zack did. However, Zack talks continuously to the unresponsive Cloud about his life and his plans to become a mercenary in Midgar, get rich and be with his girlfriend. When they finally arrive outside of Midgar, the Shin-Ra security force that has been searching for them finally catches up. They try to detain the escaped prisoners, but Zack fights back to defend himself and Cloud. The Shin-Ra troops, armed with machine guns, shoot Zack to death and leave Cloud for dead after seeing his vegetable-like state. However, Cloud manages to recover. The combined weight of all this trauma finally makes him snap, and he adopts Zack's persona, combining it with his own. He believes that he was successful in joining SOLDIER, and that he fulfilled Zack's role in the fateful mission to Nibelheim. Cloud takes Zack's buster sword and continues on to Midgar. Upon his arrival, Cloud seeks work as a mercenary, just as Zack said he intended to do.

Game and story impact
Much of the story of FFVII revolves around Cloud's battle to reclaim his memory, accept his true identity rather than relying on his constructed "Zack" personality, and validate himself in a world that has rejected him. When the party of playable characters visits the depressed town of Gongaga they learn that it was Zack's hometown. Aeris also reveals at one point that Zack was her first boyfriend, and that Cloud resembles him.

It's anyone's guess what part Zack may play in Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, but his flashback will probably come up when Cloud is once again struggling with himself to justify his existence or over his guilt that Zack saved him from the "experiment tank" and then died to save him again from Shin-Ra.

darth-yoda
cool thank i shud really play 7 again

ESB-1138
No problem.
Sephiroth is the greatest villian. He killed Aeris, he killed a member of your team which no other Final Fantasy character has done. And Aeris was my second strongest character!!

darth-yoda
i never used her much IMo sephiroth was great the best but ff7 is great but the charcters were kinda lame if i could have a perfect FF my character list would be sephiroth auron tidus cloud zack kimari red xiii vincint and jecht the best of the best yeah anyway my votes for sephiroth

MuffinmanMike
Originally posted by ESB-1138
No problem.
Sephiroth is the greatest villian. He killed Aeris, he killed a member of your team which no other Final Fantasy character has done. And Aeris was my second strongest character!!

Kefka blew up towns half a world away without flinching.

Also, FF4 should be Zeromus. Not Golbez.

Dizzle
In terms of actual power, it's between Kefka and Kuja. Who both happen to be crossdressing psychos... Heh.

In terms of badassnes, Sephiroth all the way.

But compared to IV/V/VII, X was garbage. Tidus must DIE. Most annoying main character to date. Except possibly for Yuna in X-2. Auron and Kimhari are aight, but Tidus... (shudders) And though Jecht was cooler than his son, he definitely wasn't up to Sephiroth's snuff. Not by a long shot.

And the end boss of FFX is actually Yu Yevon, not Sin...

And now that I'm done ranting, Kain remains the supreme ruler of FF characters...

ESB-1138
FF4's last boss was Zeromus not Golbez but Golbez was the bad guy. Necron was the last boss in FF9 not Kuja but Kuja was the bad guy.
Kefka and Kuja are psychos as you said and both used the Emperor/Queen to get what they wanted but Sephiroth was bad @$$ so Sephiroth. But Golbez and Ex-Death were just as bad (even though Golbez was under a spell) and they made great villains.

Solidus Snake
kefka destroyed teh planet

he rocks

ESB-1138
No he only changed it to the New World, Kuja destroyed a planet.

Darkstorm Zero
In FF8, it was Ultimecia that was responsable for all the negative events, and she was the final boss to boot.

But my worst enemy in amy FF game remains Omega Weapon...

darth-yoda
the hardest were the ruby and emareld eapons they couldnt be defeated

dvampire
I'll have to give it to Ultimecia.

ESB-1138
Originally posted by darth-yoda
the hardest were the ruby and emareld eapons they couldnt be defeated
You just need W-Summon and Knights of the Round Table and they're pussies! And you only saw Ultimecia at the end where Edea had a larger role.

MuffinmanMike
To everyone picking Sephiroth:

Ever played a FF before 7? Was 7 your first?

Darkstorm Zero
Actually it was Ultimecia who had posessed Edea during the first two chapters of the Game, Edea wasn't in control of her body.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.