Deathstroke in the hunt gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

K3VIL
Slade after a fight with the JLA was teleported in the Marvel Universe, here he's hired from the U.S. Government to check if is possible to take down the metahumans using a supersoldier, in case they went rogue.

Warm Up:
1.Triathlon
2.Captain America, with both his energy shield and metallic shield
3.DeadPool
5.Taskmaster
6.Wolverine

Hunt Begins:
1.Spider-Man
2.U.S. Agent
3.Agent Zero
4.Sabretooth
5.Quicksilver
6.Warbird

Ready to Rumble?:
1.Luke Cage
2.Sasquatch
3.Box IV
4.Thing
5.Colossus
6.Wreckin Crew

Battle Royal:
1.War Machine
2.Iron Man
3.Absorbing Man

K3VIL
bump

golem370
He would not get past the first group

long pig
I don't get the premise.

Does he get prep? Full rest? Acess to his full arsenal? Does he need to pass one to get to the other?

K3VIL
The fights are all 1 vs 1.
He gets healed back after every fight, tough he don't need it cause he heal fast on hiw own, but anyway at the end of every battle he's fully restored.
He gets his usual weaponry, so the staff, sword, some fireweapons, grenades.

long pig
Ok.
Well, I'm going to give him the benifet of the doubt on all the fights. Why? Because I rule you. Yes you, I rule you hard.

Warm Up:
1.Triathlon
2.Captain America, with both his energy shield and metallic shield
3.DeadPool
5.Taskmaster
6.Wolverine
^^ He can take these.

Hunt Begins:
1.Spider-Man
2.U.S. Agent
3.Agent Zero
4.Sabretooth
5.Quicksilver
6.Warbird
^^He can take all these sans Zero and Warbird.

Ready to Rumble?:
1.Luke Cage
2.Sasquatch
3.Box IV
4.Thing
5.Colossus
6.Wreckin Crew
^^Possibly he could handle Thing and Luke Cage.

Battle Royal:
1.War Machine
2.Iron Man
3.Absorbing Man
^^^Not a chance in hell.

Fanboy
He gets beaten at Captain America.

RogerRamjet
he passes out, right after the 30k run in the triathlon...roll eyes (sarcastic)

Creshosk
Originally posted by RogerRamjet
he passes out, right after the 30k run in the triathlon...roll eyes (sarcastic)

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/t/trathlon.htm

Wynndar
How does he beat Cap and the coveted Deadpool in round one?

long pig
Originally posted by Wynndar
How does he beat Cap and the coveted Deadpool in round one?
With his fists.

srankmissingnin
With out prep he only has 50% of getting past Cap and there wont be enough left of him to i.d. the body by when Deadpool is finished with him.

Other then that... he can beat U.S. Agent

Wynndar
So deadpool has a better chance of beating him than Cap?

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Wynndar
So deadpool has a better chance of beating him than Cap? \

Yeah, he sure does

long pig
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
With out prep he only has 50% of getting past Cap and there wont be enough left of him to i.d. the body by when Deadpool is finished with him.

Other then that... he can beat U.S. Agent
What does Cap have that Slade doesn't?

King KAM
Slade cant even beat up ROBIN!!!

lol

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by long pig
What does Cap have that Slade doesn't?

A shield?

long pig
A shield?
That's only true until he steals it mid throw out of Cap's hand.

Cap's main strength is his tactical know how, Slade's is 10x better.

srankmissingnin
That's only true until he steals it mid throw out of Cap's hand.

Cap's main strength is his tactical know how, Slade's is 10x better.

The shield thing was supposed to be a joke.

Sure, Slade is a very cunning man but 10x the battle tactician that Cap is? Ha! With on the fly battle tactics no way in hell Slade can hold a candle to Cap even if he could out plan him (which Slade could do) before hand.

Unlike Batman, Cap has a means to protect himself at range the physique to compete in close quarters. 50/50 split IMO.

long pig
The shield thing was supposed to be a joke.

Sure, Slade is a very cunning man but 10x the battle tactician that Cap is? Ha! With on the fly battle tactics no way in hell Slade can hold a candle to Cap even if he could out plan him (which Slade could do) before hand.

Unlike Batman, Cap has a means to protect himself at range the physique to compete in close quarters. 50/50 split IMO.

No, that is his power.
10x the brainpower=10x the better tactician.

Plus 10x+ strength/speed/durability and 10x+++++ reaction time & healing of a peak human.

Cap gets owned hard in a fair fight, even harder if Slade has any time to prepare.

srankmissingnin
No, that is his power.
10x the brainpower=10x the better tactician.

Plus 10x+ strength/speed/durability and 10x+++++ reaction time & healing of a peak human.

Cap gets owned hard in a fair fight, even harder if Slade has any time to prepare.

In that case we have to assume that DS was a good a tactician as Cap before he received his powers and ignore the fact that the SSS also enhanced mental abilities (certainly not close to 10x though!) Captain America has got 100 times the tactician any real human is, it seems like a stretch to think Slade is on pair with him simple because he can think and perceive slightly faster.

long pig
In that case we have to assume that DS was a good a tactician as Cap before he received his powers and ignore the fact that the SSS also enhanced mental abilities (certainly not close to 10x though!) Captain America has got 100 times the tactician any real human is, it seems like a stretch to think Slade is on pair with him simple because he can think and perceive slightly faster.

DS was the best his superiors could find, he was also the best physical specimen in his army's area.

Slade before the enhancment > Cap before his.

I never heard Cap got a mental upgrade, all I know is he only got a peak human upgrade.

DS doesn't just think and perceive faster, he can work out tactics in his mind 100 times over and find the best one.

He was doing that before midnighter was a gleam in his daddy's eye.

Roger's mind is only human, Slade's is super human.

I'd give Cap the same chance Batman has, 2/10...less if they start out on completely equal footing and both going all out.

golem370
A couple people he is not going to get past no question what so ever. 1 Mr. Sinister 2 Omega Red 3 Professor X 4 Sentry 5 Venom 6 Carnage 7 Zaladane 8 Adversary 9 Captain Mar-Vell 10 Electro. Just random people

xmarksthespot
Equating 10x brainpower to 10x tactical knowledge is a stretch. Faster brain processing speed doesn't automatically mean more knowledge.

golem370
Cap has always been in fights for 50 years you can not pass over that he been in thousands of fights and faced thousands of villains what ever Deathstroke can come up with Cap already been there done that his experience is the ultimate factor here he knows all the tricks if I was Deathstroke I should sit my ass down Indian style and beg him to teach me

Wanderer259
Why couldn't Slade out-strategize Cap on the fly? Deathstroke's mind acquires and processes information far faster than Cap's does and that would make me think he'd just be naturally better at 'on the fly tactics'.

'Slightly' isn't the word. He has instantaneous reflexes due to the speed at which is mind works. Compare instantaneous to the speed at which Cap reacts, which is only peak human, and you can see how much faster Slade can think and perceive.

Cap's strategical knowledge is learned. He acquired it through U.S. Army training back in WWII. From that, he has since taken his lessons and applied them in different ways, modifying and 'bending' them to better fit the situation. To say Slade's knowledge or understanding of battle tactics is so completely inferior to Steve's is absurb. Both were in the U.S. Army, both were 'special operators', and just to make a point, Slade was also involved in operations while Steve was locked away in involuntary cryogenic freezing, learning new and more advanced strategems since Cap's days of WWII. As far as his ability to take what he's learned and apply/modify, Slade's been around for 60-70 some odd years, acting as a non-combatant for only 16-17 years -- Cap's experience isn't beyond Slade, save for his time as a leader -- and he has thinking power beyond Cap's. Who do you think can apply their lessons better?

Slade's fought for 50 years, in more wars than Cap, and also holds the title of 'Greatest Metahuman Warrior'.

golem370
In DC

golem370
Ok what about putting Blob against him I know you might think Blob but check him out before deciding Plus look at the books where Gladiator is fighting FF and see how fast Captain America moves when he about to get hit by Colossus

Ultimate Ion
I don't think he gets past the first group. Cap, Deadpool, Taskmaster, and Logan? That's some stiff hand to hand competition right there. I know Slade has some good showings but then again, he's also been punked pretty badly by the Titans.

He relies on being able to figure out his opponent but I don't think he can figure out Deadpool.

long pig
People really need to read the comics instead of watching the cartoon.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Wanderer259
Cap's strategical knowledge is learned. He acquired it through U.S. Army training back in WWII. From that, he has since taken his lessons and applied them in different ways, modifying and 'bending' them to better fit the situation. To say Slade's knowledge or understanding of battle tactics is so completely inferior to Steve's is absurb. Both were in the U.S. Army, both were 'special operators', and just to make a point, Slade was also involved in operations while Steve was locked away in involuntary cryogenic freezing, learning new and more advanced strategems since Cap's days of WWII. As far as his ability to take what he's learned and apply/modify, Slade's been around for 60-70 some odd years, acting as a non-combatant for only 16-17 years -- Cap's experience isn't beyond Slade, save for his time as a leader -- and he has thinking power beyond Cap's.
Aware of this. Just thought the 10x = 10x was oversimplified.
I think he gets past Cap, I can't see what Slade will do to Wade or Logan though.

long pig
I simplified it because it's otherwise well known that Slade is considered the greatest tactician on D.C earth.
Even Superman knew this and asked Slade to help, instead of Batman.

I agree though that 10x doesn't automatically mean much other than the potential to be 10x smarter than humanly possible, but seeing Slade has used it on basically every appearance he's ever had, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.

Tron
Originally posted by King KAM
Slade cant even beat up ROBIN!!!

lol

Actually he can, and he has, repeatively.

Tron
Originally posted by golem370
A couple people he is not going to get past no question what so ever. 1 Mr. Sinister 2 Omega Red 3 Professor X 4 Sentry 5 Venom 6 Carnage 7 Zaladane 8 Adversary 9 Captain Mar-Vell 10 Electro. Just random people
Ok what about putting Blob against him I know you might think Blob but check him out before deciding Plus look at the books where Gladiator is fighting FF and see how fast Captain America moves when he about to get hit by Colossus

Why do you continue to ask about characters not involved in threads? I've warned you about this, and I won't warn you again.

Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Aware of this. Just thought the 10x = 10x was oversimplified.
I think he gets past Cap, I can't see what Slade will do to Wade or Logan though.

A few well timed grenades, blow them to sh*t. If that don't work, there's always his trusty energy rod.wink

long pig
Originally posted by Tron
Actually he can, and he has, repeatively.
It takes a while for some people to realize we're not talking about the hack from the cartoon.

Tron
It takes a while for some people to realize we're not talking about the hack from the cartoon.

Even the cartoon version has beat his ass repeatively.laughing out loud

K3VIL
I can't believe this.
DeadPool is just a Deathstroke spin-off, while D-Pool talks too much, Slade talks few and acts more.
I think He can go through the 4th group and fall at the hands of War Machine or Iron Man.
You're severally overrating Captain America, the Red Skull with a S.H.I.E.L.D. battle during his last fight with Cap, beat the crap outta him, he walked over him with major ease, destroying a building in the process.
Slade is not getting beaten from a guy in battle armor, this guy is considered a threat from the freakin JLA and Teen Titans, even big guns like Superman or WW are on the guard when Slade is involved against them.

xmarksthespot
Can't Agent Zero's adverse effect on healing factors down Slade?

K3VIL
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Can't Agent Zero's adverse effect on healing factors down Slade?
But can't Slade blast Zero in the mouth with his staff?
I think the fight isn't even close cause Slade's reflexes outclass those of Zero by far, same for strenght and healing.

golem370
Why does it say Deathstroke had his first apperance in 1980????? On the DC Website?

golem370
Captain America has been Fighting for 64 years I mean

Ultimate Ion
People really need to read the comics instead of watching the cartoon.
I'm aware we're talking about the comic Deathstroke. The name of this forum kind of gives it away. Hell, cartoon Deathstroke would be lucky to get past Triathlon.

willRules
Umm Cartoon or Comic Deathstroke would struggle, and probably wouldn't get past Deadpool............

K3VIL
Originally posted by willRules
Umm Cartoon or Comic Deathstroke would struggle, and probably wouldn't get past Deadpool............
He outclass D-Pool in every sector, on the healing department, they are equal, but Slade has more skill and experienced, and he's faster, and thinks a lot faster.

long pig
Deadpool gets beat down, tied up and disposed of.
End.

Triathlon is 3x normal human, Slade is 10x+ peak human, he'd waste Triathlon.
Slade can see better, hear better smell better, run faster, think faster, lift more weight, jump higher, take more damage multiples of what Tri' can do.

Tron
Why does it say Deathstroke had his first apperance in 1980????? On the DC Website?

Because he did, that's his comic appearance. Makes no difference within the comic timeline though, otherwise people would be sayign Captain America's older and more experienced than Wolverine, even though Cap's been around longer.

Captain America has been Fighting for 64 years I mean

No, he hasn't been fighting for 64 years. He spent a good chunk of his life frozen in ice, missing everything that happened between World War II and a few years ago (a few years in the comic timeline of course.

golem370
But I say again if Deathstroke has been fighting for 50 years why does it say he debut in 1980? That DC say anyway.

Wanderer259
His first appearance, his 'debut', in a comic book was in 1980 in the real world. In comic continuity, Slade Wilson has been fighting at least since the Vietnam War almost non-stop.

Wanderer259
Meant no disrespect, of course.

xmarksthespot
I know. Anyway, I'm thinking he gets to Agent Zero, the guy is basically designed to kill people with healing factors.

Wanderer259
True, but I'm still 'iffy' on Zero. He's got a great chance, but I don't know. To my understanding, he has to absorb kinetic impact first before he can channel it back into the energy/enzyme that he uses to turn the healing factors of regenerators against them. It's likely Slade would know this, since he's apparently being given prep, and would plan accordingly. I could see Slade going in close early on and using his sword/knives to stick Zero good, seeing as how the Vibranium suit nor Zero's own ability to absorb energy would be able to stop a sharp edge from piercing or cutting him open. Zero's allegedly a great combatant, but Slade's better - if he wants to stab Zero, he'll do it eventually.

If struck by the enzyme, it won't kill him immediately. I don't know exactly how it works yet; either Zero has to injure his opponent and then hit the wound with the enzyme or the enzyme itself inflicts damage when it strikes. Either way, the enzyme on that injury simply reverses the healing factor: as the regenerative 'ability' attempts to 'patch up' that specific injury, it'll continue to degrade and actually become worse, i.e. a cut continues to become larger, bleeding more rather than clotting and becoming smaller. It'd be a tremendous problem in a drawn-out fight, but Slade's too much of Zero's superior as a combatant, I think.

He'd do some damage, but I think Zero'd go down eventually. And since the injuries he does inflict has no bearing on the next match... It'd be awesome if Slade was allowed to take equipment from his downed enemies. If so, after taking down Zero, he could simply destroy Sabretooth with the anti-adamantium bullets.

Tron
But I say again if Deathstroke has been fighting for 50 years why does it say he debut in 1980? That DC say anyway.

Did you not read what I said?

Wanderer259 pretty much explained it. Like Wolverine, he made his comic debut in 1974, but within Marvel's timeline, he's been around since the late 1900's. Do you understand now?

long pig
If I can remember where I read Slade can control his healing by sheer will and mental force (Another perk of having a super human mind), I'd say Zero has less of a chance.

golem370
Wolverine is just to determined to lose...

Juntai
Originally posted by Tron
Did you not read what I said?

Wanderer259 pretty much explained it. Like Wolverine, he made his comic debut in 1974, but within Marvel's timeline, he's been around since the late 1900's. Do you understand now? late 1900's huh?
I come from there too.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by K3VIL
He outclass D-Pool in every sector, on the healing department, they are equal, but Slade has more skill and experienced, and he's faster, and thinks a lot faster.

Healing factors even? Even? Now I'm curious how did you come to that conclusion considering they aren't even close...

Creshosk
Triathlon is 3x normal human, 3x peak human.

K3VIL
Healing factors even? Even? Now I'm curious how did you come to that conclusion considering they aren't even close...
Wade heals faster, but Slade is immortal too, so they're on the same level.

golem370
I am sorry to ask but knowledge or proof do you of Slade being around that long?

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by K3VIL
Wade heals faster, but Slade is immortal too, so they're on the same level.

Wade heals exponential faster then Slade, and the only think that being immortal brings to the table is that some time after Wade kills Slade, he will heal and come back to life.

Slade's healing factor isn't fast enough to keep him alive for an entire fight with Deadpool. With Wade's mild superhuman stats and top fighting skill Deathstroke vs Deadpool would be a good fight if it wasn't for the fact that Wade's healing factor operates on such a higher level it would be next to impossible for Slade to pull out anything more then a temporary ko.

Wanderer259
Very true. As far as I'm aware, Slade's body's ability to regenerate is superhumanly fast, but it's still not as fast as Wade's. However, getting the back of his skull blown out still takes time to heal, and so Wade can be KO'ed.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Wanderer259
Very true. As far as I'm aware, Slade's body's ability to regenerate is superhumanly fast, but it's still not as fast as Wade's. However, getting the back of his skull blown out still takes time to heal, and so Wade can be KO'ed.

He had his brain blown out of the back of his head twice in one issue and this just gave Cable a temp. ko before Wade showed up to bother him again.

If Slade stabs/shoots Wade it wont even begin to slow Deadpool down, if Wade stabs/shoots Slade then Deathstroke will be down for a few minutes.

Wanderer259
What're the parameters for winning? Is the fact that Wade has been KO'ed, period, count as a win? Or does total death have to occur? If so, then putting Deadpool, and perhaps to a degree even Wolverine, in this gauntlet is almost pointless as he cannot be killed. Hell, it's pointless to say Slade can't win this entire gauntlet as he can't be killed and thus technically can't lose.

If total death has to occur in order continue, this gauntlet sticks at Deadpool. If Slade kills Wade, he'll just get back up eventually and vice versa.

That being said, I agree, Wade'll take damage better than Slade will. However, Slade's physically superior to Wade and far, far smarter. I think if anyone's inflicting more damage here, it's Deathstroke. I'd say it's more likely than not that Slade'll be the one to 'kill' Deadpool first. Whether or not that's grounds to move on, however...

Tron
I am sorry to ask but knowledge or proof do you of Slade being around that long?

Goodness, soem people are never satisfied. Here, it's not much but it'll give you an idea, and if that doesn't satisfy you, then oh well:

http://www.titanstower.com/source/whoswho/deathstroke.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deathstroke_the_Terminator

http://www.dccomics.com/secret_files/dc_character.php?sc_dc_itemCode=deathstroke

http://www.dcuguide.com/chronology.php?name=deathstroke

Wynndar
u know the older appearances of slade kinda remind me of Deadpool.

long pig
That's probably because Deadpool was based off the earlier appearances of Slade.

RogerRamjet
Originally posted by Creshosk
http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/t/trathlon.htm
oh..that triathlon... laughing out loud sorry... big grin

Wynndar
Yea i do see how Deadpool's appearance could be based on the old deathstroke design...

Anyway...Im wondering...whats most people's opinion of Triathalon...how does he hold up against the other mainstream fighters...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.