Vrook

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rayvann Sadow
Stupid thread I know.

But does anyone else here hate Vrook besides me?

Gryn Jabar
Yep. He's my least favourite Jedi. "Blah blah I'm an ******* blah blah blah". Kreia hates him to, she calls him a fool. Mr. T happens to pity him, him and Rocky.

Darth_Janus
Vrook may be a mean SOB, but he was a survivor.

Darth_Glentract
Vrook is awsome.

Gryn Jabar
By Survivor you mean guy that scurried around in a cave, only to get pwned by Exile.

Darth_Janus
No, by survivor I mean he survived until he was more or less surprised and demolished by Darth Traya. I don't think the Exile killing off the jedi masters will be canon; it just doesn't make much sense in the grand schem of things

Redeemer
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
No, by survivor I mean he survived until he was more or less surprised and demolished by Darth Traya. I don't think the Exile killing off the jedi masters will be canon; it just doesn't make much sense in the grand schem of things

Sidious killing three Jedi Masters in ten seconds didn't make sense!

Darth_Janus
No, it didn't. Drama is a large part of Star Wars.

Redeemer
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
No, it didn't. Drama is a large part of Star Wars.

That being why our wee Exile killed that many Jedi Masters. I wouldn't consider any of KOTOR canon at all because of different outcomes during the game.

Gryn Jabar
Canon says he didn't, but I kill Vrook in nearly every KOTOR 2 game I play.

Darth_Glentract
Vrook is awsome. I don;t know why everyone hates him so much. The fact that he, IMO, could take Anakin ROTS puts him up there. He also isn't that annoyning.

darth vraya
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Vrook is awsome. I don;t know why everyone hates him so much. The fact that he, IMO, could take Anakin ROTS puts him up there. He also isn't that annoyning. isn't that annoying. in the original Kotor he lectures you for every f!@#$ thing u say. He also almost admitted to the fact that your character was revan, which po'd the jedi masters. nobody likes him but bastila(who if I do say so my self is a preppy little ****) and you Glentract

Gryn Jabar
One good friend is all someone needs... to shoot up a school. I'm calling an Amber Alert on Vrook.

joeyvermont
vrook is pretty dood but there are plenty of other masters around his time better than him including in my opinion zhar, vandare and kavarr.

Darth Koroni
In order of who was the best Jedi Masters of K2's time.

First place, Lonna Vash.
Second Place, Zez-Kai Ell.
Third Place, Kavar.
Fourth Place, Atris.
Fith Place, Vrook.

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by Darth Koroni
In order of who was the best Jedi Masters of K2's time.

First place, Lonna Vash.
Second Place, Zez-Kai Ell.
Third Place, Kavar.
Fourth Place, Atris.
Fith Place, Vrook.

And this is based on what?

Darth Koroni
Their ability to forgive, Master Vash didn't have VO for attacking you if your DS.

Zez-Kai Ell didn't attack you except under your own provocation.

Kavar however, gives you no chance for redemption if you side with Vaklu.

Atris, despite how much I like her as a character, was pretty snooty and unforgiving.

And Vrook is always complaining about you, even if you save the settlers.

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by Darth Koroni
Their ability to forgive, Master Vash didn't have VO for attacking you if your DS.

Zez-Kai Ell didn't attack you except under your own provocation.

Kavar however, gives you no chance for redemption if you side with Vaklu.

Atris, despite how much I like her as a character, was pretty snooty and unforgiving.

And Vrook is always complaining about you, even if you save the settlers.

Master Vash is already dead when you meet here. Other than that, her first and only words at your trial are "You are hereby an exile one of us no longer" or thereabouts. Her only lines in the game are to make you what you are at the beginning of the game. So how is she neccessarily forgiving?

And Zez-Kai Ell is by his own admission no longer a jedi, and rather respects the decisions the Exile has made, which is odd because this doesn't change LS or DS. I think that was poor planning to be honest.

Darth Koroni
I was refering to the cut Droid Planet M4-78. Originally Master Vash was going to be alive, and give you an explanation why the bond with Kreia didn't kill you, among other things.

Darth_Janus
That would have been nice. Where'd you find info on that? I only knew so much that the droid planet was cut... nothing more.

Darth Koroni
The VOs of Master Vash are still in the Stream Voice folder, under 802. She apparently had an apprentice named Kaah with her on M4-78, who appears to have a variable whether he is alive or not.

Insane Monk
How do you get to the Stream Voice folder?

Darth Koroni
Originally posted by Insane Monk
How do you get to the Stream Voice folder?

Uhhh.. IT's right in the Kotor folder, it's pretty hard to miss since there are only three Stream folders, Streamsound, StreamMusic, and StreamVoice.

Dimmimar
It's kind of ironic if you go darkside as it makes Vrook not only an annoying whiny idiot, but a annoying whiny idiot who is right.

Lord Janus
Indeed. But if he had run the council, Revan would never have been 'reeducated', and then it is possible that everyone on Dantooine would be a Sith when the Exile comes back to known space.

Dimmimar
True, true.

Insane Monk
How do you get thoes sound clips to play? They won't work for me.

Rand al'Thor
Originally posted by Insane Monk
How do you get thoes sound clips to play? They won't work for me.

Same here I can't get any to play.

Dimmimar
You have to convert them from MP3 files to WAV files.

Rand al'Thor
Originally posted by Dimmimar
You have to convert them from MP3 files to WAV files.

Oh that would explain why they don't play.

Insane Monk
So, ummmmmm.........how do you do that? I don't know anything about modern technology. confused

Lord Janus
Yeah, how do you convert them?

Fishy
Okay back on topic, I actually like Vrook.

Yeah he's a whiny bastard but he seems to actually care, I think he had a more special relationship with Revan then most others and thats why he takes everything Revan does so damn serious especially in Kotor. Then when you meet him in Kotor 2 he see's another failed student and is still pissed off. According to most others he's actually a nice guy just hard. He could be a very good mentor.

Lord Janus
Probably a grimmer Obi-wan in that respect. Or more like Mace, but wiser.

Fishy
Yeah, at least thats how I look at him. Somebody who has lost all that was important to him, of course thats going to change the way you act around other people. And if he was always strict then he would become even more so, and just automatically assume the worst out of anybody. Especially the people who already proved that they suck.

Lord Janus
Which would be those darths they council trained... Bandon, Revan, Malak, Kreia, possibly the Exile, Exar Kun, Ulic Qel Droma... seriously, the council has a pretty bad record even at this stage.

Fishy
Yeah, well especially Revan, Malak Exar and Ulic...

But Revan and Malak will matter most to him, probably Revan more then anybody else. I would feel bad about it too.

Lord Janus
Well, Revan was smart and very hard to persuade, since persuasive people always are. If anything, I think the frustrating part is not having taught wrong, but having taught what you thought was right and have it not work.

Fishy
Yeah exactly. Revan would have turned to the Dark Side no matter who would have taught him or what would have been taught. But everybody there describes Revan as somebody that was going to make the order greater then ever before. Like he was going to lead the order. He was taught by everybody and knew more then most, and then to have somebody like that fall. Somebody you trusted you respected somebody you knew would get far... Thats got to hurt.

Lord Janus
Definately. How so like Anakin.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.