Ep III Speculation

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
Well, now that AotC has been released to much of the world...lets look to the future of the Star Wars Saga.

My current thoughts are :
-Padme will die (let's not resurrect the old debate..this is purely my oppinion)
-Chancellor Palpatine will betray everyone by proclaiming himself Emperor...though plenty of people will think it a wonderful idea because he's so good roll eyes (sarcastic)
-Dooku will be killed by Anakin at the Emperor's request....he will then "take his place" at the emperor's side
-If Anakin knows Padme is pregnant, he will not know about twins...but he prob will know he has a son...maybe his last good work for a long time is the "burial of his feelings" for his son
-The music will be awesome..it always is
wink

Jedi Mercenary
Not to mention,
Sam Jackson has already told the public that Mace will die.

Julie
I don't think he knows for sure, but I have no reason to doubt him...he just speculated that Mace would die b/c he's not in EpIV....he commented that if he must die he wants a cool onscreen death....much like I envision for Padme I guess

Jedi Mercenary
But Natalie didn't say anything...

Julie
Correct, all she said was that she'd be pregnant in the next one.....I just think that the death of Amidala would further the tragedy...what if Palpy somehow warps Anakin's mind into thinking that he can save her by going to the dark side...then once there, finding out she's dead....

Jedi Mercenary
I hope that Anakin is there when Amidala dies, and that's the last straw, he thinks he could of saved her too.

Julie
Yes, the whole thing could be like with his mother...she dies in his arms...if that ever happened twice to me I'd go to the dark side too...that's gotta be rough

LanceWindu
Really rough. I don't think I could live with it only happening once to me.

If my mom was in my arms after being held captive and hurt by some guys I'd go completely postal on them too.

yerssot
one thing: Jackson HOPES he gets a fight, NOT certain yet
Portman HOPES she get pregnangt, NOT certain yet

heck, GL has been writing the script for three days now, let him do it first

Ushgarak
Remember, anyone who thiunks Amidala will die in ep.iii will have to solve the logical problem caused by the time scale problem that Leia remembers her.

CyberFelon
Couldn't Leia be talking about an adopted mother?

He-Man
Maybe Padme has already given birth to the twins, then Leia goes with Padme and Luke with Obi.

yerssot
"Do you remember your mother? your REAL mother?"

Ushgarak
Indeed, that is a clear reference to Amidala.

It doesn't matter who goes where, He-Man. The point is that for Leia to remember Amidala she must have died in-between episodes iii and iv, unless iii takes the u precedented step of lasting years.

yerssot
btw, I don't know if everyone knows this, or when it was known but Amidala will go to Bail Organa, and stay for a while

Ushgarak
Oh, yerss, I don't think Natalie Portman said she was hoping to be pregnant. She flat out said that she would be.

yerssot
how would she know if GL said he wouldn't think about EPIII till friday (last friday)

Ushgarak
I guess some of the basic concepts are there already. Either that or Natalie is an idiot. Take your pick!

yerssot
I would say the idiot ...

but heck, we have three full years to speculate! I say I will appear as Jedi!

sand person no. 10
i suspect she will be heavily pregnant by the time ep3 comes around, maybe anakin will already be doing jobs for palpatine but not have turned, we may see a bit of the deathstar, now this has been argued to death (get it big grin ) and it was decided that it would not appear, that was obviously wrong because there it was. i just wonder where the battle will take place, maybe coruscant. there must be a battle for ob1 to become a general, quite how all the jedi die gl knows, i do not.

LanceWindu
The Death Star would be great to see in the beginning stages of it's life. Maybe the Death Star and Death Star 2 were being made for all those many years and no one knew about them.

Jedi Mercenary
But somehow Anakin didn't know about the children. confused

LanceWindu
I don't know. We're just going to have to see how everything pans out in Ep3.

Jedi Mercenary
Not to mention Ben, "I haven't gone by that name since...oh, before you were born!"(Ben to Luke)

Captain REX
Well, in the EU book The Illustrated Star Wars Universe that I bought a while back...

There are two, small scale, twin Death Stars, or attempts to make one. The super lasers are inopprative, and they are now just floating weapons platforms.

yerssot
like you said.. EU

LanceWindu
There are different varitations in the EU.

But the most common is that one guy who designed it and helped build it at Maw Installation.

But the stupid thing about that story is Palpy cloned the guy and killed the main guy, then kept the clone, then ended up killing him, and cloning, and killing, cloning and killing, and so on and so forth.

JediOasis
Well, they did film a scene at the homestead for EPIII during EPII, maybe it was Obi-Wan dropping off Luke and thats how Natalie knows she will be pregant. As for the Death Star, I wouldn't be surprised to see some variation of it make another appearence. When the MF first approaches it Ben knows that its a space station, perhaps he stumbles upon the plans, but thinks its impossible to build.

Jedi Mercenary
Good point JO. Obi-Wan knew what it was when he saw it.

LanceWindu
No! He could feel the people in it instead of being on the surface.

Jedi Mercenary
That makes no sense.

LanceWindu
If it was truly a moon he would feel the people through the force walking about doing their business on the moons surface, but with the Death Star he could feel people all throughout the entire thing.

Jedi Mercenary
Where did you hear this??

Julie
Maybe he made it up evil face
Truly ...I dunno wink

LanceWindu
I made it up but that's what I think. I mean if he could feel people on Alderaan then he could feel the people in the Death Star.

Jedi Mercenary
Well, he could feel people on a moon too.

LanceWindu
But not all the way through because they wouldn't be underground that far. He could possibly feel the people in the Death Star all the way to the core.

Jedi Mercenary
Well, I guess that's a good theory....

Julie
...there probably wouldn't be that many people on a moon

LanceWindu
I wouldn't say that because moons in the Star Wars universe have huge colonies and are completely populated.

Jedi Mercenary
Well, I still think that Ben recognizes it.

LanceWindu
He will now, but in the OT without any prequels I think my theory stands, but now that we have the PT the theory changes.

Jedi Mercenary
So your theory used to work?

LanceWindu
I guess, as long as you think about it as if the PT never happened.

Julie
To rehash an old argument.....
One of my friends says he thinks Padme will live through EpIII because he read the Black Fleet Crisis and Luke's mother was still alive...are we discounting this B/c it's EU??????

LanceWindu
Yes we are!!!

Jedi Mercenary
Ya never know, did it say where she was??

Julie
I am anyway...I still think they could do some interesting death scenes for her...as morbid as that is

JediOasis
As bad as this may sound, Padme has to die. First Anakin loses his mother in his arms and that drives him to the dark side a little bit and when Padme dies in his arms too, that would be the two people he cared the most about dying in his arms, because he was not powerful enough to save them. That would drive anybody to the darkside, plus I think it'll be set up by Palpatine or Dooku so it looks like the Jedi, OB1 in particular, are the ones responsible.

Jedi Mercenary
She has to die because it's your opinion??

peluffo
not absolutelly on-topic, but i want to ask this:
Why everybody says that 3po and R2 are the only ones on the 6 movies? is not Obi Wan on all of them?

Jedi Mercenary
Um, you're right, that is absolutely off topic.

peluffo
THNX!
That clarify a lot for me laughing out loud

Pianoman
Does anyone have a theory on how the Rebel Alliance starts? In Ep. II Bail Organa is best friends with Palpatine, right? I think that toward the end of Ep. III Bail will find out that Palpy is evil and will rebel against him and start an alliance consisting of the jedis and other people. Most of the Jedi will be wiped out, causing the Rebel Alliance to go into hiding for awhile.

Julie
Actually, in AOTC I believe Palpy and Organa are more political allies than friends.... actually Bail looked a bit sick of the idea of a clone army at the end of AOTC I think that in EpIII when Palpatine grabs more and more power Bail and Mon Mothma will realize his evilness and decide to form the Rebel Alliance....in EpII everyone still trusts and respects Palpatine

LanceWindu
But Bail will still fool Palpatine into thinking he is still with him, because Leia says somewhere that they were still political with the Empire and where running the Rebel Alliance behind everyone's backs.

Julie
correct, but he becomes aware of Palpatine's evil plans,.....I don't recall Leia actually saying all that, but I believe that is essentially what happens

on the other hand, none of this political intrigue may take place in EpIII because of the gap b/t the OT and NT

yerssot
not confirmed yet

Julie
true, but this is a speculation thread evil face

yerssot
not anymore!

LanceWindu
No...I believe it's still a speculation thread.

yerssot
no it isn't!

LanceWindu
And why is this?

yerssot
because I said so!

LanceWindu
Just because you're Official around here doesn't mean you can change things.

yerssot
but...but... but that leprachon sitting on my shoulder said I could!

Corran
Yerss follow him and find out where his pot of gold is.

yerssot
in my hat, why?

LanceWindu
Oooh gold.

Gimmie gimmie!

yerssot
you? yeah right! forget it!

LanceWindu
I WILL own your gold. You must understand this.

yerssot
a thinker? what'ya know!

ToMacco
In order for Lucas to pull off an effective dark movie, he's going to tie up all the loose ends. We will see the demise of Amidala, Mace, and most of the jedi. If they don't show us this, I guarantee you they will make three more movies.

Episode III (what I think will happen)

1) There will be a huge space battle, where we will see Anakin doing some amazing moves. (Obi-wan: He was the best starpilot in the galaxy).

2) Mace will kill Dooku. His claim to fame can't be killing Jango, that would be stupid.

3) The entire movie, Anakin will have the sabre that Luke gets in IV.

4) Mace will be killed by Anakin, then Obi-wan will use Mace's purple sabre in his fight with Anakin.

5) The Jedi will be wiped out. Even Yoda and Obi-wan are believed to be dead by the end.

6) The twins will be born. I think the end of the film will jump ahead in years. So we won't see all the Jedi killed, but we will see that the twins are a little older, and that bad things have happened.

7) I still think Anakin/Vader may kill Amidala when she won't reveal where she's hidden the kids.

He-Man
GL won't be able to make a dark movie, at least not as dark as episode 3 should be. Sure it's going to have one or two dark scenes like episode 2 but nothing more. It's definetly not going to be another ESB.

finti
I dont think Vader is aware of any kid or kids that would be his, you see he is surprised to learn of Lukes sister. And I belive Padme will die after the Ep III movie

yerssot
OB1 with Mace sabre? sure he has to get his blue one back!

Ushgarak
I guarantee you that if we don't see those things it makes absolutely no difference whatsoever as to whether there are any more films or not. Further films would not even affect those plotlines.

Corran
I think Padme leaves Anakin before he knows she is pregnant, this will add to his hurt and will help in his turn to the dark side, she will fall in love with Bail Organa and go to Alderaan with him, this is why he 'adopts' Leia.

So Vader would not have know of the twins!!

finti
nah I got the impression that Bail have a wife, at least when Lukes ask Leia about her memories of her REAL mother. To me this sounds like she had an adoptive mother as well.
I think Bail is in on the plot to hide the kids, or maybe he was set to belive that Leia was Padmes only kid, not knowing of Luke at all.

Corran
maybe, but has Bail got a wife already or does he take one AFTER padme has the twins?

yerssot
mah said that GL said that the Clone Wars would end at the beginning of EpIII, after that it would all go small and personal
so I think we see some nice fighting and no JC

finti
hmm I just think Bail is a friend who helps out, no romance between Bail and Padme thats just my thoughts on the matter. If Bail is married before Padme gives birth to the twins? I would say yes cause that way they (Bail and his wife) would be a more belivable cover, it looks like Leia is their child.

Corran
Ok, think I might agree with that, so OBI-WAN sends Padme to Bail when Anakin turns to the Darkside, she is pregnant but Anakin does not know. When she has the twins Bail and his wife adopt Leia and Obi-Wan takes Luke to Owen and Beru!!

finti
Maybe, or that the twins are born on Dagobah, where Yoda hides out ,and then Padme take Leia to be adobted by the Organa`s and Obi brings Luke to Owen and Beru on Tatooine. Then Obi goes into hiding as an hermit on Tatooine to keep an eye on Luke.

ToMacco
I think Anakin will be a Jedi Knight in III. And Obi-wan will be on the Jedi counsel.

yerssot
nah, OB1 isn't worth it big grin

Gundark
Since Ush isn't here at the moment....

Its COUNCIL !!!!

Corran
Oooh look a new spell/Grammar checker, and sooooo much prettier than the other one!!

finti
watch out for the pitch fork

Ushgarak
Thank you Gundy.

But in any case, Sw.com has recently posted a Council answer saying that Obi-Wan is never made a Jedi Master so a Council place seems unlikely.

yerssot
wich is utterly crap!

"Victory? Victory you say? Master Obi-Wan..."

so why does Yoda call him that??

Ushgarak
Because, as they also explain, 'Master' is also an honorific for anyone with a Padawan, but when used in that sense it is not a rank.

They were actually asking a specific question about that line.

yerssot
I don't think Yoda will use such things if it's not correct

Ushgarak
No-one said it wasn't correct, Yerss, read what I said again...

yerssot
and I can't follow it anymore

Ushgarak
Okidokey.

It is an honorific in the same way 'Captain' is. Captain is a rank, but is also an honorific for someone who commands a ship. A person commanding a ship is called 'Captain' regardless of his actual rank.

So it is for the Jedi. One who is a Padawan gets the honorific 'Master', even though rank-wise he could be a Knight or Master.

yerssot
hmmm ok...

although...
if the one that controls the ship isn't a captain, and he has to report to a higher ranked member of the army, he has to say his originally rank, ie: sergeant...

Ushgarak
Yes, but the higher officer would call HIM Captain.

yerssot
not that I know of in the Belgian army... there he will still be called with his original rank

queeq
Even Padme me calls OB1 "Master Jedi", it's not like she's a padawan or anything. So it does sound like a rank. That's what he is: a Jedi Master.

Ushgarak
Err... but he isn't. She would call a person who commanded a ship a Captain as well, regardless of his rank.

Can't speak for the Belgian Navy (NOT army!), yerss, but that is definitely generally accepted Naval Tradition; while a person commands a ship you call him a Captain in all regards.

queeq
He isn't? What do you mean? Isn't Master just a rank thing when you have a padawan?

yerssot
well, Padme was quick to correct Sio with the "He's no Jedi yet", but I admit that she said Master without knowing anything about it

queeq
Back up the band parade here. I was NOT talking about Anakin, but OB1.... In a way, what yerss is saying confirms what I said. Padme acknowlegdes someone as a Master Jedi, who is at leats fully trained.

Ushgarak
That is apparently how it is, queeq. SW.com says that Obi-Wan never becomes an official Master, thus creating a distinction between those training and a particular rank.

queeq
Why does everyone call him Master then?

yerssot
as you said a few times Ush, sw.c is known to make mistakes, and I think this is one of them

Ushgarak
Everyone calls him Master because that is an honorific for someone who has a Padawan, queeq.

And yerss, you are right, of course, but all things considered I can't help thinking that they checked this one out.

queeq
All rather odd, I say.

yerssot
could it be that you get the rank of master if your padawan succeeds at the trials?

Ushgarak
Maybe. I would be very interested in knowing what makes a Master just as I would like a defintive statement of just what position the Jedi hold in the Republic.

queeq
Quite.

Would QGJ have been considered as a Master? If so, where is the difference between him in TPM and OB! in AOTC?

Ushgarak
Certainly implies it takes a long time to reach Masterhood.

queeq
It doesn't imply anything.

Ushgarak
Yes it does. If QGJ was a full-on Master, as we are certainly led to believe, and Obi-Wan isn't, time is the most likely factor.

jedi fernando
i think they call him master as in teacher, and when other people call him master, is because he is honorable as a human.

but as gundark says, jedi masterhood has been implied to take a long time

yerssot
it's not because you think one is a master and is old that they are all old

queeq
Still... from the movies themselves I don't see the difference.

Gundark
I agree with Ush and the "captain" analogy. And don't forget, Obi Wan promised to train Anakin through Qui Gon's dying request. So even though Obi Wan is a Knight, he is called "Master" out of respect. I think this may be the "exception to the rule" as far as the council goes.

jedi fernando
gundark is right

remember the council is making exceptions with "the one" aka anakin

first they let a jedi knight take him as a padawan (end of episode 1)

and then they assign a mission to a padawan all alone(episode 2)

queeq
Quite. But the Council DID appoint Anakin as OB1 padawan learner, thus making him a Master right? As I said, I don't see the difference just from the films.

yerssot
The Chosen One the boy MAY be...

You refer to the prophecy of the one who will bring balance to the force... you believe it's this... ... boy?

I think it's the JC granting QGJ last request, that was their mistake

queeq
That's not what we were taking about... Does it make OB1 a master or not?

yerssot
just commenting on the JC and what they did in TPM

I still think he's one...

queeq
So do I. from the movies I don't see tee difference between him adn QGJ.

yerssot
well, a difference of one hole big grin

queeq
laughing out loud

Julie
I've been out of it for awhile,...so has there been any really good speculation going on lately?

yerssot
Julie, let me know your email through PM, then I'll sent you a copy of the Jedipoodoo.tk story...

queeq
Which nobody would want to miss of course. roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
how did you guessed that? big grin

queeq
Because IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII am smart.

yerssot
because you keep telling that yourself everytime you walk past a mirror

queeq
If that's what it takes to become smart, then why don't you try it yourself? Or don't you know what a mirror is? big grin

finti
he doesnt know what smart is

yerssot
no, I just don't want to embarrasse you all with my intelligence

finti
why not we need a good laugh

yerssot
than look at yourself roll eyes (sarcastic)

queeq
Closing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.