Magneto and Havok, Cannonball vs Superman Captain Marvel and The Manhunter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
I think this match is good

pr1983
The DC boys wipe the floor with this lot...

They just have too much firepower...

Even cannonballs invulnerability wont help him unless the manhunter goes down early...

King KAM
I used to have a trading card of cannonball, and i COULD be wrong but i think it stated that he was immortal???, but i was like 8 the last time i read that thing....

King KAM
Originally posted by golem370
I think this match is good

WHAT THE HELL IS WITH THESE PEOPLE!!!,
if your gonna make it a 3on3 make it fair.....

its like

Jubilee versus The JL unlimited

pr1983
Originally posted by King KAM
I used to have a trading card of cannonball, and i COULD be wrong but i think it stated that he was immortal???, but i was like 8 the last time i read that thing....

in his current state i dont think so... though he may evolve...

ImmortalOne
Originally posted by King KAM
WHAT THE HELL IS WITH THESE PEOPLE!!!,
if your gonna make it a 3on3 make it fair.....

its like

Jubilee versus The JL unlimited

Thats what we call stupidity, kam !!!

King KAM
Originally posted by ImmortalOne
Thats what we call stupidity, kam !!!

Ohhhhhhhhh.....

pr1983
Guys, c'mon...

there have been alot worse battles before...

golem370
Cannonball went toe to toe with Gladiator. Havok busted Hulks ribs and More. Magneto is A incredible Powerful Mutant

King KAM
but Supes would kill all of those previously stated...

golem370
Not enough fire power?

golem370
Havok

King KAM
.....hes just outclassed, i love magnus just as much as the next man...but he just wont win...

golem370
He would not kill hulk Gladiator

golem370
Cannonball is not weak neither is Havok. Havok Cannonball and Magneto would give Sups Cap and Manhunter all they can handle

pr1983
Cannonball is not weak neither is Havok. Havok Cannonball and Magneto would give Sups Cap and Manhunter all they can handle

I sincerely doubt that...

King KAM
Originally posted by pr1983
I sincerely doubt that...

its no use....we all know the truth...

golem370
Your all silly if you think they would not have a chance

golem370
Magneto would keep Cap and Manhunter for awhile while Cannonball and Havok takes down Superman then they help magneto and it's over Magneto Havok and Cannonball would bring down Cap and Manhunter..

K3VIL
Magneto would keep Cap and Manhunter for awhile while Cannonball and Havok takes down Superman then they help magneto and it's over Magneto Havok and Cannonball would bring down Cap and Manhunter..
Superman can dodge anything Havok throw at him and reduce him to ashes with Heat Vision.
Strike 1.
The Fury physically hurted Cannonball, making him losing concentration and making his energy field dropping, same can do Supes, pummeling him until it's too much for him and knock him unconscious.
Manhunter is Martian Manhunter?
Cause if it's so, MM can just phase invisible and then blast Magneto with Martian Vision in the head, while CM keep him busy.

Juntai
Batman served Cannonball, don't be fooled by that pic of him beating Zero Confidence Gladiator. Glads got TRICKED and beaten, that's all. This team can't win.

Xplosive
Gladiator was confident against Cannonball. His confidence dropped when he saw he didn't do anything to Guthrie with his best punch as Gladiator said that himself. And what is with this confidence, I know Gladiator power relies also on that, but hey, everyone relis on that, everyone becomes weaker, normal human or mutant or Glads when you doubt in yourself. Your athletic abilties friezes and can never close reach level as if you are confident.

Juntai
Gladiators is much more extreme. If Superman doubts himself, he can still move light speed and crush mountains beneath his fist, in that moment... I could have beat up Gladiator.

golem370
Magneto has a force Field and is way smarter then MM he is out classed so is Cap Magnetos powers and Intelligence is to much. Havok does no have to make a move till he see superman coming in and blasts the hell out of him his powers. They are incredible. Able to stop hulk. Cannonball has the powers to discourage Gladiator thats damn impressive from a lonely X-Man. Cannonball "Cannonball becomes virtually invulnerable. Accompanying the release of energy is a half-inch thick energy field which channels the explosion and protects his skin from the direct effects of the blast. It also negates momentum and related energy effects thereby cushioning his entire body from any impact up to a half-minute from the depletion of his energy. Not only is he protected from rough landings, but he is also protected from nearly all types of injury while in flight. The protective field also protects any person or object with which he is in physical contact".

Timslar
Ugh. The result of this fight is obvious when you think about it. I'll start with the most useless, and work my way up.

Havok. If he can damage the Incredible Hulk, then he can damage any of those three. Only problem being Captain Marvel and Manhunter are too fast. But that can be overcome, but I'll get to that a bit later.

Cannonball. He took a confident hit from Gladiator so he can take hits from any of these guys. Enough said about this guy. Maybe I should switch him with Havok's spot though...not sure.

Magneto. Any time Magneto is in a fight with Superman, Superman will go down hard and easy. Magneto controls Superman's power source. He can multitask (Just so I don't hear any of that "How will he do that when he's trying to stop..." crap) so he can do that while protecting others with his forcefield or beating them down.

Magneto won't be taken down by Manhunter either. He has fought off both Xavier and Jean and the SAME TIME, and that's while fighting a group of heroes. I know the Martian is on a higher level than Xavier, but even he isn't as good as both of them. Not only that, Magneto disrupts the way psychic powers work. Manhunter is gonna have to rely on his strength in this fight. (But he can hold Supreman levels for a while...he is a cool guy.)

I don't know if Havok and Magneto can work like Magneto and Storm, but maybe Magneto could charge Havok up.

All in all, the only real threat here is Captain Marvel because Magneto can't directly screw with his powers. But maybe he could control his mind and turn him back into that little punk.

Whew. I thought this out, everything's good. I've ended the debate, I'm a hero! ...Yeah right....wishful thinking..=P

Edit: Just saw my post. Whoo! Longest post so far. cool

golem370
One More X-Men to this fight. Then maybe it will be more of a match to you all. Polaris

Timslar
Now it's just overkill.

Juntai
Originally posted by Timslar
Ugh. The result of this fight is obvious when you think about it. I'll start with the most useless, and work my way up.

Havok. If he can damage the Incredible Hulk, then he can damage any of those three. Only problem being Captain Marvel and Manhunter are too fast. But that can be overcome, but I'll get to that a bit later.

Cannonball. He took a confident hit from Gladiator so he can take hits from any of these guys. Enough said about this guy. Maybe I should switch him with Havok's spot though...not sure.

Magneto. Any time Magneto is in a fight with Superman, Superman will go down hard and easy. Magneto controls Superman's power source. He can multitask (Just so I don't hear any of that "How will he do that when he's trying to stop..." crap) so he can do that while protecting others with his forcefield or beating them down.

Magneto won't be taken down by Manhunter either. He has fought off both Xavier and Jean and the SAME TIME, and that's while fighting a group of heroes. I know the Martian is on a higher level than Xavier, but even he isn't as good as both of them. Not only that, Magneto disrupts the way psychic powers work. Manhunter is gonna have to rely on his strength in this fight. (But he can hold Supreman levels for a while...he is a cool guy.)

I don't know if Havok and Magneto can work like Magneto and Storm, but maybe Magneto could charge Havok up.

All in all, the only real threat here is Captain Marvel because Magneto can't directly screw with his powers. But maybe he could control his mind and turn him back into that little punk.

Whew. I thought this out, everything's good. I've ended the debate, I'm a hero! ...Yeah right....wishful thinking..=P

Edit: Just saw my post. Whoo! Longest post so far. cool
Superman uses x-ray vision, sees the chemicals being produced in the brain, that produce the thought of summoning up their skills, and before the brain can perform the chemical reaction and read the thought, superman moves faster than light speed and turns them to dust with heat vision.

golem370
ok Sunfire or Sunspot

golem370
Magneto has a force field Superman has no powers besides strength to match with Havok or Magneto and Cannonball is virtually invulnerable

Juntai
Magneto has a force field Superman has no powers besides strength to match with Havok or Magneto and Cannonball is virtually invulnerable Superman beats them before they can even think to summon their powers, read the forum rules. Superman is millions of times faster than thought is.

Did you not read that?

golem370
There all using there powers this is a fight

golem370
Magneto Havok Sunfire and Cannonball vs Superman Captain Marvel and The Manhunter. Make it more even.

Timslar
Magneto's forcefield is always around himself, and it's more than enough to stop his opponents if they think they can get close. Remember, his shield has taken hits from Thor (Several upgrades ago), Galactus, and Phoenix....and it hasn't been broken yet. What I said is still valid.

K3VIL
Magneto has a force field Superman has no powers besides strength to match with Havok or Magneto and Cannonball is virtually invulnerable
Cannonbal was injured in one of his legs from the Fury.
Virtually, infact.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by K3VIL
Superman can dodge anything Havok throw at him and reduce him to ashes with Heat Vision.
Strike 1.
The Fury physically hurted Cannonball, making him losing concentration and making his energy field dropping, same can do Supes, pummeling him until it's too much for him and knock him unconscious.
Manhunter is Martian Manhunter?
Cause if it's so, MM can just phase invisible and then blast Magneto with Martian Vision in the head, while CM keep him busy.

thumb up

Wynndar
The pro DC arguments r pretty bias...I mean it is true that Superman is really fast but if he speed blitzed everyone in each of his fights theoretically he would have beat 99% of DC's villains in less than second by now. Regardless, in the presence of Magneto Superman would just be a regular guy...That is undeniable...And unlike SM or MM Magneto is a true genius and does analyze every aspect of the battlefield before most people get a chance...He would be very dominant in this scenerio.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Wynndar
The pro DC arguments r pretty bias...I mean it is true that Superman is really fast but if he speed blitzed everyone in each of his fights theoretically he would have beat 99% of DC's villains in less than second by now. Regardless, in the presence of Magneto Superman would just be a regular guy...That is undeniable...And unlike SM or MM Magneto is a true genius and does analyze every aspect of the battlefield before most people get a chance...He would be very dominant in this scenerio.

They are no more bias than the ridiculous arguments I've seen towards any other characters here. I mean if we truly bloodlusted supes alone would be flying to the sun faster than light while heat visioning it to ashes from across the galaxy or just flying through it destroying it..moving it killing mostly everyone....ridiculous feats for any character. (Not just supes)

Isnt that spiderman vs batman thread still going? I think thats the worst one.

Wynndar
...well...u suuuure told me...

Timslar
Anyway. *Says exactly what he did the first time*

Xplosive
Magneto and Havok, Cannonball Vs. Superman Captain Marvel and The Manhunter.
Here, objectivly. Havok would go first down and would probably die quickly. What he doesn't have is durabilty. Magneto may protect him with force field, but Magento would also have trouble with other, so he wouldn't be able to protect others for long. Havok would go quickly down.
Magneto and Cannonball stays. Magento could hurt Superman. But Cannonball can be hurt. He can be overloaded, he may take one powerful punch or more powerful punches, but he cannot take everything and those guy could take him down (and MM could do it easily with his mental powers). Only real threat is Magneto, but he doesn't have enough support to go against those guys.
DC wins.

Timslar
'Cept Superman is useless with Magneto there, so he gets blasted by Havok and dies or Magneto just finishes him. Havok, I'll admit, goes down first if anyone on that team does. But durability doesn't really matter in the way Magneto would rip them apart. And since the Martian Manhunter can't get Magneto with a mental attack, that leaves it to physical attacks and Magneto's shield has never been broken.

Kinda ignoring Cannonball because I don't know much about him, the other guys I know.

lil pimp
Marvel has no chance in hell to win this fight.DC all the way

golem370
In order to take down Havok your probably going to have to get close the Havoks power use who ever coming towards him powers to power up and he lays waste to them. I quote "absorb ambient cosmic energy"

Draco69
Which is useless since NONE of the fighters have cosmic energy.

Wynndar
Yes HAvok would die...immediately after he kills Superman who is reduced to plain old Clark Kent after Magneto neutralizes his powers.

Draco69
Against a sublight speeds Superman? Triumph had to grab him in order to do so.

Not likely. Magneto would need time to analzye the nature of his opponents' powers. Which would require time.

A speedblitz or a blast of eyevision takes Havok outeasily. The main threat is Magneto...and even he can't stand up to all of these powerhouses.

Wynndar
Magneto wouldn't take any longer to analyze the situation than SM or MM. And Magneto is probably more aware in his sense of the EMS than he is of his regular vision.

Draco69
Magneto wouldn't take any longer to analyze the situation than SM or MM. And Magneto is probably more aware in his sense of the EMS than he is of his regular vision.

Is there some upgrade I'm not aware about where Magneto's brain suddenly operates at sublight speeds? Please.

Havok goes down in the first nanosecond by ANY of the three. Followed by Cannonball since his forcefield is rather useless against magic or telepathy.

Then after only a few seconds it's Magneto vs. three of the most powerful Supers in comics.

I'd go with DC.

Xplosive made a very clear and accurate analysis.

Wynndar
Yea but SM is powerless in this situation...so he's actually nobody of DC against Magneto...just a guy in an ambiguous costume walking around and unale to fly.

Draco69
Yea but SM is powerless in this situation...so he's actually nobody of DC against Magneto...just a guy in an ambiguous costume walking around and unale to fly.

Powerless? Triumph had full knowledge about Superman's powers and a huge upgrade from the genie to be able to siphon Superman's solar reserves. Not to mention he needed actual physical contact to do so.

The battle lasted a few minutes at the most.

Unfortunately for Magneto, he has no such knowledge about Superman's abilities and will need time to analyze the full nature of his opponents abilities. Time he doesn't have. By the time he manages to "see" exactly what Superman's powers are....his teammates are a bloody pile on the ground.

I'm not saying that Superman will not go down. But against all three? Mags goes down rather hard.

Timslar
Magneto sees the entire EM spectrum and things affected by it. He'd know Superman's sourse once he saw him. And...the rules of the forum are that everyone knows basic knowledge about the other. So Magneto would know anyway

Superman is effectively nonexistent in this fight. And...as I said before, the others are easily dealt with as well.

Oh, and Havok doesn't absorb his cosmic energies from people. He can absorb it from anywhere. Though people can provide a boost, like when he absorbed some of the Hulk's power because part of his gamma-self was a component to his power.

Wynndar
Originally posted by Draco69
Powerless? Triumph had full knowledge about Superman's powers and a huge upgrade from the genie to be able to siphon Superman's solar reserves. Not to mention he needed actual physical contact to do so.

The battle lasted a few minutes at the most.

Unfortunately for Magneto, he has no such knowledge about Superman's abilities and will need time to analyze the full nature of his opponents abilities. Time he doesn't have. By the time he manages to "see" exactly what Superman's powers are....his teammates are a bloody pile on the ground.

I'm not saying that Superman will not go down. But against all three? Mags goes down rather hard.

I dont think u grasp the way current Magneto fights. This might have been an argument back in the 80's...but ever since the X-Men were all dramatically upgrade, Magneto is treated by the writers like he is a god and he is aware of everything EM...kinda like the Surfer's cosmic sense. Just because triumph need to touch or analyze SM doesnt mean anything. Magneto would sense the aura and wouldnt even need to look at SM...he would jus turn that trash off and look at his costume like WTF?

Draco69
I dont think u grasp the way current Magneto fights. This might have been an argument back in the 80's...but ever since the X-Men were all dramatically upgrade, Magneto is treated by the writers like he is a god and he is aware of everything EM...kinda like the Surfer's cosmic sense. Just because triumph need to touch or analyze SM doesnt mean anything. Magneto would sense the aura and wouldnt even need to look at SM...he would jus turn that trash off and look at his costume like WTF?

I also don't think you grasp the fact that while Magento's powers are exemplary...he still has human-like reflexes and reactions. While his brain is still processing the thought about the situation at hand, Havok is already dead and Cannonball is damn near close behind.

Wynndar
Oh yea just like every issue of JLA where Superman fights like that.

Draco69
Oh yea just like every issue of JLA where Superman fights like that.

Or like every Fantastic Four issue where Invisible Woman implodes a person's brain with a forcefield...and yet THAT'S valid to you? wink

Timslar
Even though I think my first argument would already end with the Marvel team winning, I'll debate.

What's to stop Magneto from shielding the other two?

Draco69
Even though I think my first argument would already end with the Marvel team winning, I'll debate.

What's to stop Magneto from shielding the other two?

Sublight superspeed. You guys are SERIOUSLY underrating the other two contestants: Martian Manhunter and Captain Marvel. Even WITHOUT Superman these two are quite capable of winning the battle by twain.

It's not like Superman is fighting the battle by himself folks. confused

Timslar
Superman isn't a factor, in this fight he's just...a guy.

How long do you think it takes for Magneto to use his powers? He'd be ready, I'm sure.

Draco69

How long do you think it takes for Magneto to use his powers? He'd be ready, I'm sure.

After a minute or two in this fight maybe not. But in the first few minutes, he'll provide a few punishing blows to the REST of the team.

Havok goes down easily by the ANY of the three.

Cannonball falls to telepathy, magic or speedblitz.

Magneto falls to the combined might of the heros.

Magneto's reactions are nowhere near the trio's. By the time he acts his opponents have already won half the battle.

And you guys seem to neglect the OTHER teammates besides Superman who are already comparable to Superman or even above in some aspects.

Timslar
I'm not talking about Superman, all I said was he's useless in this fight. I've said the Martian can't mess with Magneto's mind and he can take out Captain Marvel just fine.

A top priority is to protect the people he's fighting with. So his team is basically immune to physical attack. Captain Marvel is useless now, and the Martian gets focused on by the team.

Dizzle

As long as it takes him to process a thought. Which is longer than it takes Superman/CM/MM to lobotomize/squish Havok and Cannonball...

Magneto then goes down to 2/3 big, superstrong, superfast dudes blasting/pounding at his shields.

Draco69
I'm not talking about Superman, all I said was he's useless in this fight.

Useless? How? At the start of the bell all of the sudden Superman loses his powers because SOMEHOW Magneto is quicker on the draw?

Superman (or ANY of his teammates) could just attack Magneto's OTHER teammates. Like Havok.

Oops. Mags is down one teammate in the first nanosecond.

I've said the Martian can't mess with Magneto's mind and he can take out Captain Marvel just fine.

If Charles Xavier can mess with Magneto's mind, then MM who is every damn way SUPERIOR to Xavier can also the same. If he can mentally battle the Endless and Mageddon then he can mentally combat Magneto.

And you're joking if you think he can take down Marvel easily since his magical invulnerability would block ALOT of what Magneto would do to him.

A top priority is to protect the people he's fighting with. So his team is basically immune to physical attack. Captain Marvel is useless now, and the Martian gets focused on by the team.

This would be valid...in another dimension. By the time Magneto PROCESSES the thought of erecting shields his teammates are being bludgeoned into a bloody paste by several Class+ fists at sublight speeds.

Captain Marvel's magic would present a formidable challenge to Magneto's shields as would Martian Manhunter's mental attacks/phasing.

Draco69
Originally posted by Dizzle
As long as it takes him to process a thought. Which is longer than it takes Superman/CM/MM to lobotomize/squish Havok and Cannonball...

Magneto then goes down to 2/3 big, superstrong, superfast dudes blasting/pounding at his shields.

EXACTLY. It's not that difficult to process using logic.

Kudos Dizzle.

golem370
Could Magneto not affect Captain Marvels Transformation? and Cannonball in is fighting form becomes virtually invulnerable. Cannonball is use a protective field witch protects any person or object with which he is in physical contact. Also interseting to note Cannonball once recovered from mortal injuries inflicted by Sauron that allegedly left him temporarily dead. "It has been theorized that Cannonball's miraculous recovery was an indication that he was an External, a mutant gifted with immortality. It is unclear whether or not Cannonball is indeed an External, but it has subsequently been demonstrated that even Externals can be permanently killed".

Timslar
Read what I said earlier, alright...here it goes.

"
Useless? How? At the start of the bell all of the sudden Superman loses his powers because SOMEHOW Magneto is quicker on the draw?"

Yes. He's protected so if he can't be stopped then Superman will be drained. Simple.

"If Charles Xavier can mess with Magneto's mind, then MM who is every damn way SUPERIOR to Xavier can also the same. If he can mentally battle the Endless and Mageddon then he can mentally combat Magneto.

And you're joking if you think he can take down Marvel easily since his magical invulnerability would block ALOT of what Magneto would do to him."

Magneto has fought off Xavier and Jean at the same time, while being in a fight. Martian Manhunter is better than Xavier, but not both of them...so that doesn't work.

"This would be valid...in another dimension. By the time Magneto PROCESSES the thought of erecting shields his teammates are being bludgeoned into a bloody paste by several Class+ fists at sublight speeds.

Captain Marvel's magic would present a formidable challenge to Magneto's shields as would Martian Manhunter's mental attacks/phasing."

His shields have been hit by Galactus, Thor, and Phoenix...they won't be broken by those 3. And his shields are ALWAYS up nowadays. And I can't see hwo his shields can be phased through...evne if MM could get through he;'d be immediately expelled.

Draco69
Could Magneto not affect Captain Marvels Transformation? and Cannonball in is fighting form becomes virtually invulnerable. Cannonball is use a protective field witch protects any person or object with which he is in physical contact. Also interseting to note Cannonball once recovered from mortal injuries inflicted by Sauron that allegedly left him temporarily dead. "It has been theorized that Cannonball's miraculous recovery was an indication that he was an External, a mutant gifted with immortality. It is unclear whether or not Cannonball is indeed an External, but it has subsequently been demonstrated that even Externals can be permanently killed".

Unfortunately this "Eternal" theory was later disproven. Go to uncannyxmen.net

Could Magento affect Captain Marvel's transformation? Maybe. But very unlikely since not many things have affect his transformation even the likes of the Spectre. It's not normal lightening folks.

Too bad for Mags, Marvel is ALREADY transformed.

And Cannonball is "invulnerable" my butt. He got his ass handed to him by the Fury. And it does nothing against magic or telepathy.

Dizzle
Magneto starts with his shields up but Captaim Marvel starts as Billy Batson? I think not. Plus it's magic lightning, which would not be under Mag's control anyhow.

Cannonball is VIRTUALLY invulnerable. But he has no defense to psionics or magic. Which, even if Superman dies, the DC team has in spades.

Mags still remains the only one standing after a thousandth of a second. And he is NOT taking Captain Marvel and Martian Manhunter. And possibly Superman.

Timslar
And Magneto can control minds...and if Captain Marvel isn't immune to that, he'd be forced back to being that kid.

Magneto in his current form always has his shield...can't argue with it.

Draco69

Yes. He's protected so if he can't be stopped then Superman will be drained. Simple.

Simple as your argument. For god's sake. THINK. You HONESTLY believe that an old man with human reflexes can some how THINK, PROCESS, and ACT faster than a person who can do all these and more at SUBLIGHT SPEEDS? Please...

Magneto has fought off Xavier and Jean at the same time, while being in a fight. Martian Manhunter is better than Xavier, but not both of them...so that doesn't work.

Martian Manhunter IS better than Xavier. However Magneto would not have to bear the brunt of uber-telepathy. No, he'll have to deal with speedblitzes, Zeus's lightining, heat vision, Martian vision and TK attacks. From every direction. At impossible speeds. His will to deflect the mental attacks will falter against such stress.

His shields have been hit by Galactus, Thor, and Phoenix

A depowered Thor. A depowered Phoenix. And a hungry-ass Galactus.

Woo. Impressive.

they won't be broken by those 3.

Initially? No. Several sublight speedblitz attacks from every direction and in multiple ways? Yep.

And his shields are ALWAYS up nowadays.

Who says these "7-11" shields are powerful enough to deflect such montrous attacks. You're telling me that Mags ALWAYS puts up such powerful shields? Bullsh**. He has constant shields. But not on THAT level. He needs to build up his energies for that.

And I can't see hwo his shields can be phased through

Kitty Pryde and the Vision seemed to have no difficulites doing so. As did Photon.

if Originally posted by Timslar
MM could get through he;'d be immediately expelled.

Maybe. The real question is before or after MM blasts his skull apart with Martian Vision?

Draco69
And Magneto can control minds...and if Captain Marvel isn't immune to that, he'd be forced back to being that kid.

Is his telepathy more powerful than Manhunter's? I think not.

Magneto in his current form always has his shield...can't argue with it.

Do you have ANY proof that his "7-11" shields are capable of withstanding such an onslaught? Nope.

Timslar
"Simple as your argument. For god's sake. THINK. You HONESTLY believe that an old man with human reflexes can some how THINK, PROCESS, and ACT faster than a person who can do all these and more at SUBLIGHT SPEEDS? Please..."

Magneto isn't an old man now. He would drain Superman because he won't be stopped because they can't stop him. It doesn't matter how fast they ram into his powerful shields.

"Martian Manhunter IS better than Xavier. However Magneto would not have to bear the brunt of uber-telepathy. No, he'll have to deal with speedblitzes, Zeus's lightining, heat vision, Martian vision and TK attacks. From every direction. At impossible speeds. His will to deflect the mental attacks will falter against such stress."

I said he was better than Xavier, but not Xavier and Jean...which he has beaten while in a fight. And since MM is the only threat, Magneto wouldn't let it continue. I'm not the one who isn't thinking.

"
A depowered Thor. A depowered Phoenix. And a hungry-ass Galactus.

Woo. Impressive."

Prove that they were all so depowered. And even if they were, it IS impressive.

Maybe. The real question is before or after MM blasts his skull apart with Martian Vision?"

I'm sure.

I'm not a stubborn guy. I can be convinced, you're just...not doing it.

"

golem370
Here is some info on Mag "Although Magneto's power is not on the level of the Silver Surfer in his prime, it is for all practical purposes limitless. Even before his rejuvenation, Magneto once liEed a cargo freighter weighing 30,000 tons 50 feet into the air from a distance of 300 feet away. Moreover, Magneto can use his magnetic powers in more than one way simultaneously. He can completely assemble a complicated machine within seconds through his powers. He can erec! magnetic force fields with a high degree of impenetrability around himself for protection. Although Magneto often gestures when using his magnetic powers, he can utilize them fully even when standing totally still merely by concentrating.

Although Magneto's primary power is magnetism, he seems to have some ability to project or manipulate any form of energy that is related to magnetism. In the past he has fired a bolt of electricity, he has also created enough intense heat to destroy a metal door. Heat, or infrared radiation, is part of the electromagnetic spectrum, which also includes visible light, radio waves, ultraviolet light, gamma-rays, and x-rays. Magneto may be able to project any of these. He has also been shown creating an anti-gravity field, and presumably does so whenever he levitates a non-magnetic object. Hence, Magneto may be living proof of the longsought Unified Field Theory that all forms of energy are related. However, Magneto almost always uses only magnetism, so perhaps it is more difficult for him to manipulate other forms of energy.

In previous years Magneto has apparently exhibited powers of astral projection and telepathy, and has claimed to be able to control the minds of others. His abilities along these lines are minimal, however-enough, perhaps, to protect himself against mightier telepaths, but not of great use otherwise".

Draco69

Magneto isn't an old man now. He would drain Superman because he won't be stopped because they can't stop him. It doesn't matter how fast they ram into his powerful shields.

Unless he's Joseph again or something ridiculous to that nature, he's still an old man with the body of a exceptionally fit 50 year old.

Can Magneto drain Superman? Yes. In the thousandth of a second after the start of the battle where Magneto's teammates are down and out and the trio are already pounding away at his ass? Absolutely not.

Magneto doesn't have such reactions or reflexes. He never has and never will. Period.

And for god's sake do you HONESTLY think Magneto's shields will last for long against THREE upper-level Class 100 foes assaulting his shields from every direction at sublightspeeds? Such impacts would be equivalent to a nuclear explosion.

said he was better than Xavier, but not Xavier and Jean...which he has beaten while in a fight. And since MM is the only threat, Magneto wouldn't let it continue. I'm not the one who isn't thinking.

Beaten? He got MINDWIPED. confused

MM is the ONLY threat? Are simply ignoring Captain Marvel and Superman assaulting him at sublight speeds with various attacks? Of course you are.

I'm not a stubborn guy. I can be convinced, you're just...not doing it.

I never said you were stubborn. But since you mentioned it there may be some truth to that.

It's not that difficult to process. It's basically Superman and Friends versus Magneto. Unless you want to make an arguement where Havok and Cannonball will somehow someway HELP?

Timslar
I made those arguments already including Havok...twice. But I dont' knwo much about Cannonball which I also said.

The reflexes don't matter. One thought and things just start happening. Forcefields (Not counting the one around himself which is always up), ripping people apart, draining Superman. I also stated before that Magneto can multitask.

Question, what can Captain Marvel do to Magneto except pound on his shields? He's the only one left after Superman is just a regular guy, and the Martian got ripped apart because Magneto was annoyed by the telepathy.

Everything I said is well within Magneto's power.

golem370
If it lasted against Galactus you better believe I believe his Force Field can withstand a couple Strong people like MM and CM

golem370
Do you really thinks MM or CM could take a Full focused shot of Havoks Power

golem370
Good pic of Havok powers

golem370
and another and what he doing to hulk

Draco69
I made those arguments already including Havok...twice. But I dont' knwo much about Cannonball which I also said.

Your arguements involving Havok have him acting faster than sublight opponents....AFTER Magneto puts a shield around him. VERY unlikely scenario.

The reflexes don't matter.

Yes they do. Reactions are privotal for this battle. Unfortunately Magneto cannot react faster than light.

One thought and things just start happening.

Too bad the trio are ridiculously faster than thought which nullifies his attempts to shield his teammates.

And it's not a "thought". The guy has to CONCENTRATE. A mere thought can put up a low to middle level shield. But not a shield powerful enough to counter the trio's verstaility. Which would take time. Time Magneto does not have.

Forcefields (Not counting the one around himself which is always up),

Which he couldn't erect in time to save his hopelessly outmatched teammates...

And you STILL haven't proved that Magneto's ""7-11" shields can withstand such an onslaught. And no Callisto doesn't prove sh**.

ripping people apart,

Good Luck ripping apart these foes. Especially with their friggin nigh-invulnerable forcefields. Not to mention he cannot even perceive where and when his opponents are thanks to invisible superspeeds.

draining Superman.

Once again CAN Magneto drain Superman? Yep. But with one crucial element: TIME. Maybe somewhere in the latter portion of the battle he can drain Superman's solar reserves...but not before Havok and Cannonball die and his shields are being poorly tested.

I also stated before that Magneto can multitask.

He can?!?! Big News! Too bad his multitasking abilities are LAUGHABLE compared to Superman and his crew.

You seem to think that in the thousandth of a second: Magneto thinking and reacting faster than light itself will think:

"Hmm. These three are headed straight for me and my teammates. My teammates are vulnerable. Better erect a very powerful shield...concentrate....there! My teammates are protected! What's this. The one with the red cape seems to have solar reserves in his cells. Well thanks to my genius level intellect and faster than light thinkiing I can now counteract his forcefield and drain his reserves....concentrate...there! The one with the red cape is powerless! What's this? The green one is assaulting me with high-level telepathy. I need to deflect his telepathic attacks! Concentrate.....there! His telepathy is now nullified thanks to the Sci-Fi special I watched about Martian telepathy and its many uses."

ALL this in a THOUSANDTH of a second? PLEASSSSSE.

Question, what can Captain Marvel do to Magneto except pound on his shields?

Use Zeus's Lightening. Call upon external magical reserves to beat the crap out Magneto. Speedblitz. Lots of things...

He's the only one left after Superman is just a regular guy,

Because Magneto can react and think faster than light, right? Riiiiiight.

and the Martian got ripped apart because Magneto was annoyed by the telepathy.

Annoyed? Do you make a habit out of jobbing a character's abilities? Please. The guy went up against a threat to Creation and the Presence itself (Heaven's Ladder) with his telepathy. Magneto won't be "annoyed". He'll be raped to be more accurate. Magento has NEVER fought a telepath of MM's caliber, experience and know-how.

And Magneto can rip apart someone who's moving at sublight speeds or someone who can just reassemble himself since the only way to permanently dissemble a Martian is to disrupt his telepathy.

Everything I said is well within Magneto's power.

Powerwise? Sure. Ability wise? Absolutely not.

Listen to reason: Magneto cannot react nor think faster than light so your arguements of "draining" and "shielding" are nullified.

Draco69
Do you really thinks MM or CM could take a Full focused shot of Havoks Power

Yep. Superman survived an explosion that destroyed a planet. And MM would just phase throught the mess.

Do you really think Havok can actually get a shot against opponents moving at sublight speeds? Of course you do. I forgot who I was talking to. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Draco69
and another and what he doing to hulk

WOW! A stationary Hulk, no less.....too bad this is crap since Havok cannot absorb ANYTHING from his opponents...nor will he get the time (or the piss-poor writer) to actually react and act against sublight moving opponents.

Draco69
I'll post later guys. After work. Nighty-Nighty.

Timslar
Calm down. If you're gonna get all worked up then there's not point to this at all.

Unless you can convince me that their speed can do any harm I'll be working with my Captain Marvel theory. How would these outside sources help out?

I guess i'll be waiting..

golem370
Can't magneto make a gravity Field to slow them down?

Wynndar
Calm down. If you're gonna get all worked up then there's not point to this at all.

Unless you can convince me that their speed can do any harm I'll be working with my Captain Marvel theory. How would these outside sources help out?

I guess i'll be waiting..

He gets worked up when u bring up the idea of SM losing

Draco69
He gets worked up when u bring up the idea of SM losing

Please. Wynndar has a proverbial seizure when his beloved FF (with empathis on a certain walking brick crate) loses.

"Wah-Wah! Why does everyone hate the Fantastic Four!?"

Please. sick

Timslar
Let's be nice, guys...

Juntai
Can Magneto's shield block MAGIC?
Magic doesn't conventionally make sense, scientifically, it doesn't follow these follow these magnetic/light waves or whatever, as opposed to everything I've seen Magneto take hits from, including weak power cosmic hits so I wonder, could it take a SHAZAM blast?

Timslar
Magneto did beat Dr.Strange...

Beat or stalemate, agh...forgot.

Juntai
That doesn't answer my question...

Also SHAZAM's power is far beyond Strange's, he's part of the Quintessence.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.